Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Honest question, with our current squad whats our realistic target for next season?

Can we have a target when we're not sure of the manager?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

gavredking wrote: »
    Honest question, with our current squad whats our realistic target for next season?

After winning the champions league finally I think that should be our #2 priority, this season coming should have our emphasis on the premier league, we need to win it again, that should be our #1 target, id be happy with getting to the champs league semi finals again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Totally agree Lance, Lukaku is ready to play and get game time with a host of PL teams IMO.
    Piazon will be better of staying with us as will Kakuta and McEachran.
    Piazona and kakuta should play ever Carling cup game and mcEachran given games in both Carling cup and some games in the PL even if he comes on as a sub when we are winning. Josh is is ready for the full team now as is Lukaku but at the moment they are not good enough to get a starting place ahead of or first 11 now.

When you look at our whole squad we can start a great mix of international player with our reserves for example.
    I Think De Bruyne is going on loan to Lille so i didnt enclude him below

Marin Sturridge Kakuta

McEachran Piazon

Oriel

Bertrand Cahill Chalobah Hutch

Hilario

Subs: Merieles, Bamford, Ivan, Lampard, Essien, Blackman, Delac, PVA,

LanceStorm wrote: »
    After winning the champions league finally I think that should be our #2 priority, this season coming should have our emphasis on the premier league, we need to win it again, that should be our #1 target, id be happy with getting to the champs league semi finals again!

I think after coming 6th the last campaign we have to at least come in the top 4 and get UCL football.

A sustained run at the title and maybe a domestic cup while haveing a deep run in the UCL should be the minimum this squad should be expecting to acheive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

LanceStorm wrote: »

I'd expect to be challenging for the EPL at the business end of things, a CL semi final place and a domestic cup final place. I think that would be a good season. I don't ask for much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Can we have a target when we're not sure of the manager?

Not finish 6th!

The target will be to challenge for the title and a CL cup run to at least the semi's I'm guessing

We are certainly buying players who we expect to be able to do all that

Hazard, Hulk, errm Torres, Mata, Marin

Serious firepower there!

I think after coming 6th the last campaign we have to at least come in the top 4 and get UCL football.

A sustained run at the title and maybe a domestic cup while haveing a deep run in the UCL should be the minimum this squad should be expecting to acheive.
    I'd expect to be challenging for the EPL at the business end of things, a CL semi final place and a domestic cup final place. I think that would be a good season. I don't ask for much!

^^ Close enough :pac:
    Not finish 6th!

The target will be to challenge for the title and a CL cup run to at least the semi's I'm guessing

We are certainly buying players who we expect to be able to do all that

Hazard, Hulk, errm Torres, Mata, Marin

Serious firepower there!

Ya, our forward line without Hulk is very good, adding him will just improve it.

We need a CM but I dont want to spend stupid money on Modric.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Ya don't spend all that money on Modric go for someone at least a bit cheaper like Fellaini another Belgian :pac: or Rodwell even.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Ya don't spend all that money on Modric go for someone at least a bit cheaper like Fellaini another Belgian :pac: or Rodwell even.

Dont really fancy another Modric saga and Utd would be in for as well I reckon

Fellaini or Witsel??

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

I'd rather Witsel than Fellaini, prolly cheaper as well.

Id love fellaini but be we need a creative midfielder.
    Im sure if we do get Pep we will have to finish in the top four but he should be given time to change the teams style of play.
    Personally i think it will be a disater if we sign pep and not give him full control of the squad. Rumour has it he wants to have no pressure to win trophys for the next two years......sorry Pep but its Roman Abromavich we are talking about

If Essien is sold id love us to replace him with Fellaini.
    Imagine Fellaini and Luiz as a defensive midfield double...no one would get past all that hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Lads from twitter: @Agent007ITK: BREAKING: Hulk has signed a 5 year deal at Chelsea. He will earn £145K a week & the fee is roughly around £37M.

He broke the Hazard news so seems somewhat reliable, also it's not the best kept secret in the world so Im choosing to believe it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Lads from twitter: @Agent007ITK: BREAKING: Hulk has signed a 5 year deal at Chelsea. He will earn £145K a week & the fee is roughly around £37M.

He broke the Hazard news so seems somewhat reliable, also it's not the best kept secret in the world so Im choosing to believe it :pac:

Broke Hazard news? Well half the people predicted it. Had only 3 teams to guess and someone has to get it right ;)

So Roman is back to his best, if Chelsea sign Hulk then surely they will be up there for both league and Champions league titles. But any idea on how they will pass the FFP rule?

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Broke Hazard news? Well half the people predicted it. Had only 3 teams to guess and someone has to get it right ;)

So Roman is back to his best, if Chelsea sign Hulk then surely they will be up there for both league and Champions league titles. But any idea on how they will pass the FFP rule?

Not reliable! look at the name FFS!
    He posted the Pep meeting thing at 10am, but it was in the papers at 8am!
    Agent007ITK@Agent007ITK
    BREAKING: Hulk has signed a 5 year deal at Chelsea. He will earn £145K a week & the fee is roughly around £37M.

Re FPP rules - Chelsea will make approx 80-100 mill from CL win
    Plus wages gone from Drogba, Kalou, Bose, Alex and Anelka

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Well he broke the hazard news last week, not even Hazard knew then so he must be good :pac:

G.K. wrote: »
    I'd rather Witsel than Fellaini, prolly cheaper as well.

I'd agree, I mean Everton paid about £17 Million for Fellaini and hes on a reported 70-80K a week, We could probably get Witsel for about €20 Million, no way we'd get Fellaini for that cheap.

It's all very exciting at Chelsea at the moment if some of the rumours are true. I think if we do in fact sign Hazard & Hulk we should go for maybe 1 more defender and leave it at that. I would love to see De Bruyne get a look in this year but if we sign Modric or any other midfielders then I reckon him and Josh will never get a look in.

Depending on what formation we will need another midfielder. Especially if we are to offload Yossi, Essien and/or Meireles. Malouda has to go the chap has the pants for the past two seasons.

Under DeMatteo we played a 4-2-3-1 formation and with all the compitions we are in we need to have 2 players for each starting spot.

Strikers: Torres and Sturridge. Lukaku Should be Loaned.
    LM: Hazard, Marin.
    RM: Ramires, Hulk.
    CAM: Mata, ??
    LDM: Lampard, McEachran or if we keep Essien?
    RDM: Mikel, Oriel
    LB: Cole, Bertrand
    CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Ivan, Chalobha, Hutch
    RB: Ivan, hutch...??? GVW??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Have you seen Chelsea win the Champions League???? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well he broke the hazard news last week, not even Hazard knew then so he must be good :pac:

There were some others who predicted it a while back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty
    Frank Lampard pulls up in England training with a thigh injury. He will have a scan and Jordan Henderson put on stand-by.
    Retweeted by GetYourTipsOut
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

amiable wrote: »
    There were some others who predicted it a while back

I'm sure there was, I was joking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I'm sure there was, I was joking

I know

makes me sick to think we have to pay nearly 35 mill for Hazard and Utd look to pay 12 million for Shinji Kagawa

Could we not buy him as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Phil McNulty ‏@philmcnulty
    Frank Lampard pulls up in England training with a thigh injury. He will have a scan and Jordan Henderson put on stand-by.
    Retweeted by GetYourTipsOut
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Unlucky for Frank, don't think he would have started anyway.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2792630,00.html
    LAMPARD ENGLAND INJURY
    Posted on: Wed 30 May 2012

The FA has announced that Frank Lampard suffered a thigh injury while training with the England squad on Wednesday morning ahead of Saturday's international against Belgium.

The FA said:

'Frank Lampard has today pulled up in training with a thigh injury.

'He will be assessed by the medical team, and scanned tomorrow.

'Jordan Henderson has been put on standby notice as cover whilst Lampard continues to be monitored.'

what a day wrote: »
    Depending on what formation we will need another midfielder. Especially if we are to offload Yossi, Essien and/or Meireles. Malouda has to go the chap has the pants for the past two seasons.

Under DeMatteo we played a 4-2-3-1 formation and with all the compitions we are in we need to have 2 players for each starting spot.

Strikers: Torres and Sturridge. Lukaku Should be Loaned.
    LM: Hazard, Marin.
    RM: Ramires, Hulk.
    CAM: Mata, ??
    LDM: Lampard, McEachran or if we keep Essien?
    RDM: Mikel, Oriel
    CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Ivan, Chalobha, Hutch
    RB: Ivan, hutch...??? GVW??

Hazard is more likely to be a #10 imo and Mata on the wing. Piazon will probably be involved and Ramires will drop to CM. Don't forget de Bruyne as well.

I expect it to be more along the lines of this:

Strikers: Torres, Sturridge, Hulk, Bamford?
    LM: de Bruyne, Mata, Hazard, Marin
    RM: Marin, Hulk, Hazard, Ramires
    CAM: Hazard, Mata, Piazon, Marin, de Bruyne
    LDM: Mikel, Romeu, Chalobah, Ramires?
    RDM: Lamps, Ramires, possibly Essien/Josh, NEW SIGNING
    CB: Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Ivan, Chalobah, Hutch
    RB: Ivan, Hutch, Paulo, NEW SIGNING

Loan out Courtois, Lukaku, Kalas, Bruma, Davila, PVA and Kakuta. And Josh if a team can be found who will play him.

Sell Essien, Malouda, Bosingwa.

Do something with Paulo.

So if Hulk and Hazard do come in, 2 more are needed. a RB and a CM who are good enough to challenge Ramires and Ivan.

makes me sick to think we have to pay nearly 35 mill for Hazard and Utd look to pay 12 million for Shinji Kagawa

Hazard > Kagawa

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

**** off and leave some for us :P

So if Hulk and Hazard do come in, 2 more are needed. a RB and a CM who are good enough to challenge Ramires and Ivan.

Any new CM will have to have it all IMO, attacking & defensive awareness, good on the ball and able to use it and have bite to throw it around in there.

RB isnt as bad IMO, unless we lose Ivanovic, Bosingwa and Ferriera then having Ivan and Htuchinson should be enough as Luiz can play there if pushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not sure if it is his real Twitter but it seems to be,

https://twitter.com/#!/OficialHulk
    Givanildo V. Souza ‏@OficialHulk
    Thanks to all Chelsea fans, the beautiful messages of support! And I'm sorry for my english hahahah

Then he followed Mata and Hazard!

Johner wrote: »
    Not sure if it is his real Twitter but it seems to be,

https://twitter.com/#!/OficialHulk

Then he followed Mata and Hazard!

Not very discreet is he :pac:

He shoudl take a page out of Hazard's book and wait to announce it and get about a billiob extra followers.

* I swear I didnt follow Hazard the other day.

<_<
    >_>
    <_<

Shall we play this game?

MCx2: Ramires, Lampard, Mikel, Essien, Mereiles, Romeu, McEachren"
    AML: Juan Mata* / Marko Marin / Florent Malouda
    AMC: Eden Hazard* / Kevin De Bruyne" / Gael Kakuta"
    AMR: (Hulk)
    FC: Fernando Torres / Daniel Sturridge / Romelu Lukaku

Good depth there, even if Luka/De Bruyne,Josh goes on loan

I think we will Loan deBruyne as part of the Hazard Deal.
    If so we will only have 3 wide players + Sturridge.

We will need another midfielder and a RB but i do think our midfielder is needed most after Hulk and Hazard. Id love for us to sign some one like Modric. Very usefull player and very intelligent simular to Mata in movement and passing ability. As for bite in midfeild we have Ramires Meireles and Lampard for that not to mention Essien Oriel and Mikel.

Josh Mc should stay with us next season and we give him game time ourselves, he is ready to push for a starting place in our squad and ready for the bench at least.As mentioned he should start every Carling cup game instead of sending him on loan to sit on some one else's bench.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, I forgot about Meireles. Almost makes a CM signing redundant unless Mikel gets sold.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Meireles. Almost makes a CM signing redundant unless Mikel gets sold.

Hopefully not, Mikel has had a very good year, I'd be quicker to sell Meireles and Essien before Mikel if I'm honest.

Likewise. I reckon in order of how likely they are to be sold it'll be

Essien > Mikel > Meireles

As oppossed to what it should be: Essien > Meireles > Mikel

Lads does anyone think Josh will eventually be sold? I'd love for him to be a succes at Chelsea but not sure whether it's my head or heart talking.

He couldn't get near the Swansea team last year, if we sign Modric then there's no hope for Josh with us again next year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I see Messi still cribbing about defeat in the semi, you would swear he was not at fault for missing a penalty they should never have been awarded in the first place.

If Hulk does sign would only look for a RB dont think we need anymore than that, would be great to get all the business done early this season.

As for next season regardless of manager with that squad should be shooting out with ManC for the title and going a very long way in the Champions league. Being the first to defend it would be great.

• Advertisement

I dont think we need Modric, fine player that he is. If ManU go for him we should throw in a few bids just to drive the price up.

Think Josh has the ability and will make it, hope it is with us.

I think we still have some dead wood to replace and id put Meireles in that bracket along with Essien. Modric would be a perfect fit for us and ramires then used as a utility player or when needed.

Lampard is getting on now and Josh is his perfect replacment. Josh will make the squad for sure. If we have Mata Lampard Ramires Mikel and Oriel in Midfield there is certanly a need for one more creative player. As it stand Mata is our only creative player and we cannot rely on him playing every game. Im not saying we should go out and spend 40 million on Modric but we do neet some one of that elk.....maybe pep will bring Thiago with him :rolleyes:

Eddie Newton on SSN, saying he just doesnt know whats happening to him or RDM - think its kind of a plea!

Pretty shabby by Chelsea I think - should at least tell them something

Sounds like a plea alright, think Roman is just waiting on an answer from Pep.

All in all it looks like Roman has finally decided to update the squad and when you look at who we have already and what we achieved last season, our future looks bright.
    Id love for us to get to the semis of the Champions league next season but most of all id love another PL title.
    If Pep comes on board he should be given at least 3 seasons before he is expected to win any thing once he keeps us in the top four i can wait for another PL title :P

Eddie Newton on SSN, saying he just doesnt know whats happening to him or RDM - think its kind of a plea!

Pretty shabby by Chelsea I think - should at least tell them something

After what they have done for us very shabby indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

No need for a right back. Brana will be first choice, followed by hutch and then Paolo who has done a job when asked.

If essien were to be sold, as unlikely as it is in this summer window, I'd like to see them broker a deal with
    Juve for Vidal. He would be top in the midfield. I'd let go of Raul too, tbh. Don't see the point in him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

what a day wrote: »
    Lampard is getting on now and Josh is his perfect replacment. Josh will make the squad for sure.

Cant agree with this mate!

If he cant even get in the Swansea team then he is clearly not good enough to be in our squad, he needs another year or two of development playing week in week out, id ship him off on loan again!

V9 wrote: »
    No need for a right back. Brana will be first choice, followed by hutch and then Paolo who has done a job when asked.

If essien were to be sold, as unlikely as it is in this summer window, I'd like to see them broker a deal with
    Juve for Vidal. He would be top in the midfield. I'd let go of Raul too, tbh. Don't see the point in him at all.

its time we let Paolo go mate, just think of the wages!

Hutch is a fairy story, but is he really the future?

Nah, we need a REAL RB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Delighted that we are doing our business early this summer unlike previous seasons. The re build is very much under way. So happy with hazard but I'm even more excited about Hulk tbh, I just think he is made for the premier league and it would not suprise me if he was more of a success than hazard.

Anyone else think that guardiola is inevitable at this stage?

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Delighted that we are doing our business early this summer unlike previous seasons. The re build is very much under way. So happy with hazard but I'm even more excited about Hulk tbh, I just think he is made for the premier league and it would not suprise me if he was more of a success than hazard.
    Anyone else think that guardiola is inevitable at this stage?

Its him or RDM I think and even then RDM will be holding for him

Pep would be a big risk for sides though

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement