Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

V9 wrote: »
    After watching hulk play vs the States there and a few points:

1) big fcuker
    2)fast for his size. Great bursting pace
    3)does have that samba skill in his bag.
    4)can get knocked over easily for a big fella
    5)massive power in his left foot.
    6)not overly fond of tracking back.
    7)like to shoot from waaay out.

I'm sure with some guidance he will become a more formidable player.

Been watching him for some years and he will defend if asked, he is very much a team player and has actually played in defence!

Played well again for Brazil, but again Moura was missing - hope we stop going for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Isn't the transfer window open already?
    Thought it was end of season to end of August?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

End of season, although its traditonally viewed as been opened on June 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

V9 wrote: »
    After watching hulk play vs the States there and a few points:

1) big fcuker
    2)fast for his size. Great bursting pace
    3)does have that samba skill in his bag.
    4)can get knocked over easily for a big fella
    5)massive power in his left foot.
    6)not overly fond of tracking back.
    7)like to shoot from waaay out.

I'm sure with some guidance he will become a more formidable player.

Some of those traits remind me of the Drogs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

kleefarr wrote: »
    Isn't the transfer window open already?
    Thought it was end of season to end of August?

AFAIK international transfers can't be completed until July 1st. Deals can be put in place(Marin) but the registration won't go through til July.
    Transfers between 2 English clubs can go through once a team has completed their season.
    Lots of players and agents and managers on holidays now or preparing for the Euros hence the slowness of the market by some clubs.

gavredking wrote: »
    End of season, although its traditonally viewed as been opened on June 1st.

I think it's actually July 1st but I'm open to correction on that :)

amiable wrote: »
    I think it's actually July 1st but I'm open to correction on that :)

I'm sure your right, infact I posted the correct date a few days ago on this thread to but cant rememebr how far back it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Yeah i think its July 1st............thats years away :D

Have to say this window is bringing back the days of Duffer and Drogba signings. I dont think we will sign much more, maybe one or two but we might wiat for us to appoint our manager first and then see where he wants to strengthen.

what a day wrote: »
    Yeah i think its July 1st............thats years away :D

Have to say this window is bringing back the days of Duffer and Drogba signings. I dont think we will sign much more, maybe one or two but we might wiat for us to appoint our manager first and then see where he wants to strengthen.

We'll have hired and fired a manager in that time. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I still see Hazard isn't on the CFC official site yet , so not confirmed, pity
    I thought since it was on BBC and the Guardian it was a done deal.

Anyway, was walking down the street yesterday and I just had to remind myself "we are European Champions" ...

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Martin Olsson is being linked with the Blues, did I not read somewhere that Bertrand got improvements made to his contract recently enough though?
    Daily Mail have us linked with Dembele.

the_monkey wrote: »
    I still see Hazard isn't on the CFC official site yet , so not confirmed, pity
    I thought since it was on BBC and the Guardian it was a done deal.

Anyway, was walking down the street yesterday and I just had to remind myself "we are European Champions" ...

:)

There'll be a lot of attention on Hazard when he plays England this Saturday, dont expect him to say anything to the media though.

The transfer has a few loose ends to tie up but its all practically done.

Its good to see we're getting things doen early in the window and not waiting until last minute.

Panthro wrote: »
    Martin Olsson is being linked with the Blues, did I not read somewhere that Bertrand got improvements made to his contract recently enough though?
    Daily Mail have us linked with Dembele.

Ya, think Bertrand get a new contract.

Dembele? Jaysus we'd be like mini Belgium :pac:

I think Olsson has room to improve but he has talent the young lad, would be worth a punt IMO.

There'll be a lot of attention on Hazard when he plays England this Saturday, dont expect him to say anything to the media though.

The transfer has a few loose ends to tie up but its all practically done.

Its good to see we're getting things doen early in the window and not waiting until last minute.

It makes a nice change alright, perhaps Pep said to Roman "you get in players X,Y, and Z, then I'll come to the Bridge!":pac:

It makes a nice change alright, perhaps Pep said to Roman "you get in players X,Y, and Z, then I'll come to the Bridge!":pac:

Ya never know, could be. :pac:

I wouldnt mind RDM getting the job for at least a year and see how he gets on, but nobody knows what Romans thinking.

Ya never know, could be. :pac:

I wouldnt mind RDM getting the job for at least a year and see how he gets on, but nobody knows what Romans thinking.

I wouldn't mind seeing him getting at stab at it either. The one thing I like about him is that he isn't afraid to take the odd risk. He has the player's backing aswel which is a massive help.

I wouldn't mind seeing him getting at stab at it either. The one thing I like about him is that he isn't afraid to take the odd risk. He has the player's backing aswel which is a massive help.

Well replacing him now could plunge the squad back into turmoil unless we repalce him with someone outstadning and they can come in and command the dressing room.

Dont think we need either Dembele or Olsen. Not With Bertrand and PVA waiting in the wings for Cole to retire. Dembele is a good player but i dont think we need him with the players we have and the players we are currently signing. We need a RB and Creative midfielder then we are done.

I think we might sign one or two youth players but our first teams squad is nearly complete for next season. I would not be suprized to see Essien Meireles Ferriera and Malouda go this summer. Raul has the best chance of staying with us but the rest can move on IMO.

Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Hilario, Paolo F, Bosingwa, Meireles, all could be sold.

It's good to see us signing players but we still have to some what balance the books by getting rid of some too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Dont think we need either Dembele or Olsen. Not With Bertrand and PVA waiting in the wings for Cole to retire. Dembele is a good player but i dont think we need him with the players we have and the players we are currently signing. We need a RB and Creative midfielder then we are done.

I think we might sign one or two youth players but our first teams squad is nearly complete for next season. I would not be suprized to see Essien Meireles Ferriera and Malouda go this summer. Raul has the best chance of staying with us but the rest can move on IMO.

would you not call Dembele a creative midfielder?

G.K. wrote: »

I think hes a fine player, certainly playing a level below his potential at Fulham, no disrespect to Fulham but he could do it at the highest level if he gets the right club.

If we go 4-2-3-1 next year though I cant see him getting too many games if we went for him.

I think his natural game would be restricted if we played him in 1 of the 2 CM/DM roles.

Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Hilario, Paolo F, Bosingwa, Meireles, all could be sold.

It's good to see us signing players but we still have to some what balance the books by getting rid of some too.

Those two not already told they can leave once their contract expires this summer?
    I'd also hold on to Raul for another season. Then there's Yossi!

Restricting Moussa would be the only risk. That said, he played there quite a bit towards the end of the season.

Not Creative enough, for me he is a striker that works off a target man. I know he is decent from midfield but for me id rather we sign some one of a higher caliber or else just hold on to Meireles as Meireles would offer more from Midfield.

Why has he been played as part of the '2' in the 4-2-3-1 then?

• Advertisement

Why has he been played as part of the '2' in the 4-2-3-1 then?

Cause he is rubish at scoring, great dribbling but poor finisher.
    Dont get me wrong he is a good player but he is not a top top player. Id rather us sign Modric to play along side Mata, thats along the lines as i see us going for any way.

Dont get me wrong he is a good player but he is not a top top player. Id rather us sign Modric to play along side Mata, thats along the lines as i see us going for any way.

Modric is hardly a prolific finisher himself

lets sign all the Belgiuns!

Isnt him a playMAKER? We dont want him to score - we want him to create the space to make the pass for the strikers to score - thats what Modric does. He keeps the ball and moves it forward for a chance to be created or does the pass himself

Actually Vertonghen, Fellaini, Dembele and Witsel would all be good additions along with Hazard

• Advertisement

Isnt him a playMAKER? We dont want him to score - we want him to create the space to make the pass for the strikers to score - thats what Modric does. He keeps the ball and moves it forward for a chance to be created or does the pass himself

Spot on Sgt

Don't forget defour.

There's an article about Belgium in 'the I', the newspaper I read, today. Meantions a lot of these, only forgetting De Bruyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Hi all, new to the forum, been following the Blues since 1970 and had to live for years on the back of the Zenith Data Trophy. First match at the Bridge was back in 1990 when Gareth Hall scored the only goal to beat Utd.
    Incredible turnaround since, still have to give the odd pinch to see it's really happening.
    Very excited about the recent transfer activity but sorry to see Drogba go, a true blue legend.
    Will definitely be missed not only for the important goals he scored but also for the great defensive aerial work he did.
    Really enjoy reading the various posts and hope to pitch in now and again.
    Atb and roll the 2012/3 season.

Modric been a poor finish is off the topic, as i originally said we dont need another striker, we need a creative midfielder to play along side Mata.
    I think we will sign Guardiola and im sure he will think like wise.

If we sign Hazard and Hulk our forward line is complete.
    In Midfield we have plenty of players but we will need players that can retain posession of the ball. Players that fit that bill is Mata, Lampard, Ramires and McEachran.

I think if Pep comes he will try and replicate his Barca team with inverted wingers Hazard and Hulk. A striker Torres. Mata as attacking Midfielder. Modric as deep lying play maker and Mikel as a defensive midfielder.

Ramires, Lampard, McEachran, Oriel will all have roles too with us completing in 4 compitions

Thats just my two cents anyway

This is why you say you don't want Dembele

And below is your reply when it's pointed out about Modric
    Modric been a poor finish is off the topic, as i originally said we dont need another striker, we need a creative midfielder to play along side Mata.

Hmmmmmm
    You do realise Dembele has been playing the role of creative midfielder for Fulham this season?

Welcome to the mad house Techless, always great to have more chelsea fans on board!!

Yes Dembele plays as a Striker, Playmaker and defensive Midfielder, my point is there are better players out there.

Plus we are fooked if Belguim have to play a match :pac:

This is why you say you don't want Dembele

And below is your reply when it's pointed out about Modric

Hmmmmmm
    You do realise Dembele has been playing the role of creative midfielder for Fulham this season?

Yes but so has Modric. I know which one id rather us sign!

Yes but so has Modric. I know which one id rather us sign!

You haven't answered the question.
    Why is it ok to dismiss Dembele on the grounds that he's not a good finisher but you say it's off topic when it's mentioned that Modric isn't prolific?
    I think Modric is a better player too but your reasons are contradicting yourself.

Welcome to the mad house Techless, always great to have more chelsea fans on board!!

Yes Dembele plays as a Striker, Playmaker and defensive Midfielder, my point is there are better players out there.

Plus we are fooked if Belguim have to play a match :pac:

Why would chelsea be fooked if Belgium had to play a match?

Why would chelsea be fooked if Belgium had to play a match?

Perhaps he was joking?
    You've the bit between your teeth this morning amiable!:pac:

• Advertisement

Perhaps he was joking?
    You've the bit between your teeth this morning amiable!:pac:

Just engaging in debate. You know, it's an open forum. you should try it sometime.

I still don't get the joke or if he's serious why chelsea would be fooked.

Perhaps you'd prefer a love in where people who disagree with other peoples opinions don't dare question it.

Just engaging in debate. You know, it's an open forum. you should try it sometime.

Perhaps you'd prefer a love in where people who disagree with other peoples opinions don't dare question it.

I think he was making a joke rather than trying to engage in a debate.;)

Amiable, boards answer to eamon Dunphy.....every one is wrong except me

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPHjWwV0t3hnG_YikscFWwDhmCJBcEUSE-Pwrd1ZmgNbp-RA9g45x3o-JZ

I think he was making a joke rather than trying to engage in a debate.;)

I don't get the joke as Belgium would only be playing on International breaks.
    Perhaps he'd be better off explaining for himself?
    I still don't get why he is contradicting himself on Dembele and Modric.

Amiable, boards answer to eamon Dunphy.....every one is wrong except me

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPHjWwV0t3hnG_YikscFWwDhmCJBcEUSE-Pwrd1ZmgNbp-RA9g45x3o-JZ

Yet you still can't answer the questions.
    Perhaps it's because you were spouting rubbish?
    G.K. seemed to agree you were wong too and he's a neutral as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

lookin at dembeles stats:
    2011/12 STATISTICS
    TEAM Competition GS SB G A SH SG FC FS YC RC
    Fulham Prem 33 3 2 2 59 22 47 66 6 0
    Fulham FAC 1 0 0 0 1 1 3 1 0 0
    Fulham CC 0 1 0 0 2 2 0 2 0 0
    Fulham Europa 5 2 0 1 5 3 7 6 0 1
    Belgium Int 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0
    Belgium ECQ 4 0 0 0 5 2 2 4 0 0
    Season Totals 44 7 2 3 72 30 60 80 6 1

2 goals three assists? nah do not want.

He's in the top bracket for players with the most takles completed but still dont need him.

edit: table paste fail. got it from here

Dembele has '2 goals three assists' because he plays deep. Modric will have similar stats.

Yet you still can't answer the questions.
    Perhaps it's because you were spouting rubbish?
    G.K. seemed to agree you were wong too and he's a neutral as well.

IM SORRY Amiable, really i am, you are totally right, I withdraw my statements completely

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAyRVA7eiguhsaG_L3ua-oMyY1WrDiG6WVDNB70EglcLs55CDBxp9bxw

lookin at dembeles stats:

2 goals three assists? nah do not want.

He's in the top bracket for players with the most takles completed but still dont need him.
    I agree he's probably not good enough for Chelsea(I may be wrong) but that wasn't my point.

• Advertisement

IM SORRY Amiable, really i am, you are totally right, I withdraw my statements completely

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAyRVA7eiguhsaG_L3ua-oMyY1WrDiG6WVDNB70EglcLs55CDBxp9bxw
    tin-foil-hat.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement