Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

All I know is, whenever I play Fulham in Football Manager, Dembele is a banker to score at least 1 goal against me.

:mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I cant even beleive we are now compairing modric to dembele :pac:

As i said Techless....Welcome to the mad house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Or perhaps this is you What a day?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1PLlPPnJ3pNRuMcPDNnshWfoC2VoimGNBhEpgZq_YrUEVimie

gavredking wrote: »
    All I know is, whenever I play Fulham in Football Manager, Dembele is a banker to score at least 1 goal against me.

:mad: :p
    He's good but i'm not sure if he's good enough for a team with title aspirations.
    I suppose the only way to find out is if he gets that move to one of the teams challenging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

amiable wrote: »
    I don't get the joke as Belgium would only be playing on International breaks.
    Perhaps he'd be better off explaining for himself?
    I still don't get why he is contradicting himself on Dembele and Modric.

Maybe he fears the Belgium internationals may get injured in their friendly games?;)

• Advertisement

Listen lads we are talking here about Chelsea players and for me dembele is not good enough to take our midfield/attack to another level.......modric is.

liverpool or Villa etc can go for dembele he would improve there midfield

Panthro wrote: »
    Maybe he fears the Belgium internationals may get injured in their friendly games?;)

But wouldn't nearly any player that Chelsea hope to sign be an international player with some country and risk getting injured on international duty or is there something particularly wrong with the Belgium national setup?

Or perhaps this is you What a day?
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1PLlPPnJ3pNRuMcPDNnshWfoC2VoimGNBhEpgZq_YrUEVimie

:pac: Ha ha he is the image of me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

It's more that Chelsea would have so many Belgians.

Modric is worth about £40 million, Dembele could be got for under half that.

Also I'd rather giove Fulham about £10-13Million for Dembele then give Spurs £40 Million.

Spurs woudl use the money to better their team.

Yes, its arguable that they would replace Modric even with £40 milliom but I'd rather not give them stupid money for Modric.

• Advertisement

Modric is worth about £40 million, Dembele could be got for under half that.

Also I'd rather giove Fulham about £10-13Million for Dembele then give Spurs £40 Million.

Spurs woudl use the money to better their team.

Yes, its arguable that they would replace Modric even with £40 milliom but I'd rather not give them stupid money for Modric.

I have a feeling that Modric will be available for a little less than 40 million this summer

But wouldn't nearly any player that Chelsea hope to sign be an international player with some country and risk getting injured on international duty or is there something particularly wrong with the Belgium national setup?

Perhaps he fears for the already signed Belgium players?
    This is fun!:D

IMO if Dembele is a genuine target for Chelsea then there is a manager instructing the club who he wants signed.

:confused:

Or it's just Roman going:

21240555.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I'm getting an increasing feeling Guardiola is gonna be announced as the next manager..it is very possible isn't it?Surely RDM would of been hired by now if they were gonna give the job to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

does modric tackle much?

Just wondering.

if we did sign him along with the possible hazard and hulk tranfers I would say we would play a:

4-2-3-1 system with two holding players?

He does seem like a pirlo like player so he might fight perfectly into that system with a more defensive enforcer beside him maybe mikel

This is fun!:D

See?;)

I have a feeling that Modric will be available for a little less than 40 million this summer

Possibily, it all depends on what Modric was guarnteed by Levy and Spurs at the start of the season after turning down Chelsea a few times.

I wouldnt be surprised if we signed Modric and it was in and around £35Million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

My little old brain has been working overtime. :eek:
    I wondered if goals was indeed our problem, but surprise, it wasnt really! Now I know many of you have already worked this out but bear with me
    Looking back, you need over 70 goals to win the league. We won under Mourinho with 72, (15 conceded) and 72, (22 conceded) and then Carlo 103, (32 conceded)
    We finished runners up with 64 (24 conceded), 65 (26 conceded), 3rd with 68 (24 conceded), 2nd with 69 (33 conceded)
    This year was a real eye opener. City won with 93 (29 conceded), Arsenal finished 4th with 74 (49 conceded).
    We of course finished 6th with 65 (46 conceded)

So the damage was done with the suicidal high line
    Under AVB we conceded 32 goals in 27 league games, In Carlos last season we conceded 33 in 38 games

It could be argued that it was madness to sack Carlo, we won 2.1 points per game, compared to 1.7 under AVB and we scored more under Carlo as well

We actually improved our passing under AVB, 65% in 26 games, 5th best in the league - up from 57% 11th place in the final third.
    But the finishing wasnt there to match the chances 7.2 per game (most in the league), just a shade lower than Carlos last season at 7.3

So Attacking options are very welcome, although looking at the stats, we just need to finish better (Torres looking at you son!)
    AVB played that way at Porto - conceded many, but to compensate - they stuck them away as well

But are we happy with our defence options? All attack and a leaky defence doesnt work so we have seen.
    JT, Cahill, Luiz and Ivan - good enough? (well it was against Barca!)

• Advertisement

I think Modric could be got for less than 40m too. I think he will be pushing for a move now especially since Spur are not in the CL this season. Modric will know if he had of mad the switch last season he would have won two medals by now.

I think Modric would be played along side Mata especially if we get Pep in charge. Mata would take the iniesta Role and Modric would take the Xavi role in midfield. Id not be suprized either to see Luiz play the defensive role with Cahil and terry in defence with ivan our solid RB and Cole taking Alves wing back role.

Cech

Ivanovic/hutch----Terry----luiz/cahill----cole/bertrand

modric/lampard
    Ramires/mikel

hulk/sturridge
    mata
    hazard/marin

Torres

/drools

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Cech

Ivanovic/hutch----Terry----luiz/cahill----cole/bertrand

modric/lampard
    Ramires/mikel

hulk/sturridge
    mata
    hazard/marin

Torres

/drools
    Champions league winners 2012/2013 :)

Good post stg, but im not totally convinced by stats all the time. You have to facter in other things like how many comoitions we where in when these stats are taken?, who was injuried at the time? etc

There is no getting away from the fact Torres has been pants since we signed him and id be delighted if we did sign Falcou/Cavani. However we took a huge gamble in signing Torres and he has at times looked like he is coming back to the player he was. Plus we have Sturridge behind him and have sepdn alot of money on bringing in Hazard and Hulk. There should be plent of goals in that front four players not to mention Lampard Mata and Ramires adding some goals too. I feel we could add to out squad in midfield and maybe a RB/RWB.

This is what I see the squad as being like: (Substitute Modric for any DLP, Srna for any aggressive RB)

abCJ2dYah3.jpg

Plus Hilario, Hutchinson, Lampard, Meireles, Josh, and maybe Bamford, Kane, Clifford

It would see Malouda, Essien, Turnbull, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Gordon and Yossi sold.
    Courtois, Blackman, Lukaku, Kalas, Bruma, Davila, PVA and Kakuta loaned out.

Thoughts?

Love it Bunny!!

I wish i was Roman!!

Sell Malouda and Buy Hazard (check)

Sell Kalou and Buy Hulk (check)

Sell Yossi and Buy Modric ??

Sell Bosingwa and Buy Van der Weil ??

Sell Essien and Buy Fellaini ??

G.K. wrote: »
    This is what I see the squad as being like: (Substitute Modric for any DLP, Srna for any aggressive RB)

abCJ2dYah3.jpg

Plus Hilario, Hutchinson, Lampard, Meireles, Josh, and maybe Bamford, Kane, Clifford

It would see Malouda, Essien, Turnbull, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Gordon and Yossi sold.

Thoughts?

my thoughts are that, that this is 11 deally is handy.

edit: also I can dig that squad selection

Belgian media claiming that Chelsea would consider a deal with Everton for the purchase of Fellaini, with Lukaku in exchange, or on loan

G.K. wrote: »

abCJ2dYah3.jpg

Thoughts?

Replace Romeu with Mikel and I'd agree.

Mikel has matured alot over the last season and showed how important he can be to us, hes upped his game and is less likely to lose possesion now and give away silly free kicks, he still lacks any real sense of adventure and is often going backward or sideways but with an extra body next to him, his playmaking from deep hasnt mattered as much.

Although its all personal choice, I'd have Mikel starting anyway.

• Advertisement

Belgian media claiming that Chelsea would consider a deal with Everton for the purchase of Fellaini, with Lukaku in exchange, or on loan

With Jelavic banging them in I dont think Lukaku would get much game time, although he'd probably get more then he did with us so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

what a day wrote: »
    Good post stg, but im not totally convinced by stats all the time. You have to facter in other things like how many comoitions we where in when these stats are taken?, who was injuried at the time? etc

There is no getting away from the fact Torres has been pants since we signed him and id be delighted if we did sign Falcou/Cavani. However we took a huge gamble in signing Torres and he has at times looked like he is coming back to the player he was. Plus we have Sturridge behind him and have sepdn alot of money on bringing in Hazard and Hulk. There should be plent of goals in that front four players not to mention Lampard Mata and Ramires adding some goals too. I feel we could add to out squad in midfield and maybe a RB/RWB.

Was not attacking Torres really, although he did get an equal amount of playing time under both AVB and RDM

http://www.weaintgot...with-pie-charts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Il be having this Gansy if its real ,

Our 3rd kit supposedly

207118.png

That jersey doesnt look to bad. Is the white one w/yellow and blue in our 2nd jersey or 3rd because I cant see us keeping the black jersey with the blue boxes if we are to get this jersey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Chelsea's new stadium wont be built at the Battersea Power Station .

It seems that a Malaysian consortium has trumped everyone's price and look certain to land it .

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0531/1224316989025.html

It looks like Steve Clarke has been sacked by Liverpool

• Advertisement

Leiva wrote: »

It seems that a Malaysian consortium has trumped everyone's price and look certain to land it .

If its true then thats our best chance at moving to a site in the near future out the window.

There is no way we'll get a 55-60K stadium on the curernt site way to much red tape from the council but theres just as big a problem with moving altogether with the CPO.

If we continue at Stamford Bridge for the next 10 years we'll lose out as our stadium just isnt big enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

That jersey doesnt look to bad. Is the white one w/yellow and blue in our 2nd jersey or 3rd because I cant see us keeping the black jersey with the blue boxes if we are to get this jersey.

Supposedly our away one will consist of white, blue and aqua.

It looks like Steve Clarke has been sacked by Liverpool

Did he not want to walk when Kenny was sacked only to be told that they were'nt accepting his resignation?

Did he not want to walk when Kenny was sacked only to be told that they were'nt accepting his resignation?

That's the story alright Gav. It does seem strange

Leiva wrote: »

The EPF denying they even bid on Battersea.

Interesting

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/epf-denies-bidding-for-battersea-plant

&

http://www.malaysia-chronicle.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=34116:epf-denies-bidding-for-battersea-power-station&Itemid=3

• Advertisement

That's the story alright Gav. It does seem strange

Could be that Rogers want his own staff in place.

Thats worring not having the option to purchase battersea. We will have to either look for another site or continue to look at ways around improving our own stadium.

I was all for the move to battersea TBH but i dont want to move to any where else, id rather us redevelop the Bridge.

Im suprized if Rodgers got rid of Clark if true, taugh they would make an excellent partnership. Wish Bredan the best of luck either way!

Strong quotes from Lukaku today.
    I'm looking for the link to the article before I post the quotes.
    Feel free if anyone else finds them.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Arry's odds to become next Chelsea manager have been slashed from 8/1 down to 9/4 generally. Make of it what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Indeed they were. I think his love for Chelsea has burst.

what a day wrote: »
    Thats worring not having the option to purchase battersea. We will have to either look for another site or continue to look at ways around improving our own stadium.

I was all for the move to battersea TBH but i dont want to move to any where else, id rather us redevelop the Bridge.

Im suprized if Rodgers got rid of Clark if true, taugh they would make an excellent partnership. Wish Bredan the best of luck either way!

The group that were meant to have one the bid denied even been involved in the bid at all.

I'd say wait until something official comes out but its widely reported that we under bid compared to other groups involved in the bid.

Good or bad quotes?
    -Ade- wrote: »
    Arry's odds to become next Chelsea manager have been slashed from 8/1 down to 9/4 generally. Make of it what you will.

Hoping its all bull. I personally couldnt stand having 'Arry in charge.

I'd rather keep RDM then give it to 'Arry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/31/chelsea-romelu-lukaku-left-cold

little bit worrying that he's throwing his toys out of the pram like this, have a word with the manager in private when he's annouced! as Ive said previously the striker role next season will be Torres > Sturridge > Lukaku, he's not at the level yet to start ahead of either so loan is best!

This vvvvv

Romelu Lukaku has told John Terry he will end his unhappy first season in England by scoring at Wembley on Saturday - but has warned Chelsea he will seek a loan move if he isn't promised more first team action for next season.

The Belgium striker admitted he was "furious" to wait for the last game to make his only Premier League start after his £18m move from Anderlecht last summer.

And the teenager will quickly seek talks with the new coach to decide whether he is wanted next season to play alongside his compatriot Eden Hazard.

First, the two famous Belgians will try to spoil Roy Hodgson's first home match in charge.

"Saturday, I am going to score at Wembley," Lukaku told La Derniere Heure.

"I have already warned John Terry!"

Lukaku claimed he knew Hazard would chose Stamford Bridge above Manchester City and United for over a year.

"I was sure that he would sign for Chelsea," said the 19-year-old. "It was exactly the same as with me. I had my first contact with the London club in December 2009. I knew then they were watching me.

"They later told me they had been watching me since I was 13. Eden has experienced the same thing. Chelsea were monitoring him for a long time."

The signing of Kevin De Bruyne to join reserve keeper Thibaut Courtois means there could be four Belgians in the Chelsea squad next season. "I have already said to them if they don't find an apartment immediately, that they can come and stay at mine," Lukaku said. "There are enough bedrooms.

"And who knows? Others could still come. Guys like Alexel Witsel or Marouane Fellaini could be good reinforcements."

But the strapping centre-forward admits he wants to be loaned out next season if he is not in the new manager's first-team plans.

Under Andre Villas-Boas and then Roberto Di Matteo, Lukaku failed to score in only 12 appearances and was left out of the Champions League squad.

"Romelu Lukaku has told John Terry he will end his unhappy first season in England by scoring at Wembley on Saturday - but has warned Chelsea he will seek a loan move if he isn't promised more first team action for next season.

The Belgium striker admitted he was "furious" to wait for the last game to make his only Premier League start after his £18m move from Anderlecht last summer.
    And the teenager will quickly seek talks with the new coach to decide whether he is wanted next season to play alongside his compatriot Eden Hazard.
    First, the two famous Belgians will try to spoil Roy Hodgson's first home match in charge.
    "Saturday, I am going to score at Wembley," Lukaku told La Derniere Heure.
    "I have already warned John Terry!"
    Lukaku claimed he knew Hazard would chose Stamford Bridge above Manchester City and United for over a year.
    "I was sure that he would sign for Chelsea," said the 19-year-old. "It was exactly the same as with me. I had my first contact with the London club in December 2009. I knew then they were watching me.
    "They later told me they had been watching me since I was 13. Eden has experienced the same thing. Chelsea were monitoring him for a long time."
    The signing of Kevin De Bruyne to join reserve keeper Thibaut Courtois means there could be four Belgians in the Chelsea squad next season. "I have already said to them if they don't find an apartment immediately, that they can come and stay at mine," Lukaku said. "There are enough bedrooms.
    "And who knows? Others could still come. Guys like Alexel Witsel or Marouane Fellaini could be good reinforcements."
    But the strapping centre-forward admits he wants to be loaned out next season if he is not in the new manager's first-team plans.
    Under Andre Villas-Boas and then Roberto Di Matteo, Lukaku failed to score in only 12 appearances and was left out of the Champions League squad.

All smiles: Romelu Lukaku on the day he signed for Chelsea Getty

"Where I play next season depends on the next coach," Lukaku said. "I want to know who it is and then know his plans. We have bought a lot of young players. We have to have a coach who has confidence in youngsters.

"Last summer, the club wanted me but not the coach. Going out on loan is not ruled out. I keep that in a corner of my head. I have to play.

"I will go on the pre-season trip to the United States with Chelsea in the hope that the new coach will be there. After his analysis of the team, I will ask for a meeting with him to discuss the situation. If he refuses or does not have the time, I will ask to be loaned."

Lukaku, who has the physique to be Didier Drogba's successor, reckons he was never given the chance to show his qualities last season. He was given the man-of-the-match award in his only Premier League start against Blackburn.

"It was my way of saying: Why have I not played more?" he said. "I felt they should have given me more of a chance. When Drogba and Kalou went to the African Nations, there was only one other attacker given that Anelka left for China. And I did not play a single match.

"I was furious, but I said nothing. I am not a player who makes trouble. I have always been very professional.

"But I could not be interested in matches sitting in the stands. Sometimes, I left even before the end. Honestly, when I am not involved in a match, I cannot get excited about it.

"I know my qualities and I showed them every day in training and despite that, I did not play. Sometimes I asked myself: What the hell I am doing here?"

"I was really angry with the club. It is normal - I had come from playing 98 first-team matches and had scored 41 goals. All that by 18. Then nothing more. No plan. The directors should loan out players will not get enough playing time.

"My first match was against Norwich. I got the highest mark of any Chelsea player in the papers and after that, nothing. Why?

"When I got my chance, I did good work. A real chance, not like against Manchester United where I came on as a right winger. Who would have had the idea to make me play in that position? Everything was against me."

And Lukaku revealed he could not celebrate Chelsea's double cup success this season.

"Eric Gerets is still the only Belgian to have won the Champions League as a player according to me," he continued.

"My team won, but I did nothing. A few days ago, I was playing on a pitch in Bruxelles. A kid said to me: 'Wow, you have won the Champions League'.

"I said to him that was false. During the victory ceremony after the FA Cup, I just celebrated for two minutes on the pitch because I was obliged to. On the bus, the trophy found itself on my knees and I said to Kalou to quickly take it off me.

"I didn't want to touch it because I didn't deserve it. Even after the victory in the Champions League final, I did not feel like celebrating."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Would be more concerned if he was happy not playing to be honest.

Would not be in favour of Kakuta going out on loan again, he needs to be given a chance at some stage. If we do as well as hoped we will play about 60 games next season he should be able to get game time in there if he is good enough, if not seel him.

-Ade- wrote: »

I'm genuinely not surprised

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement