Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Would be more concerned if he was happy not playing to be honest.

Would not be in favour of Kakuta going out on loan again, he needs to be given a chance at some stage. If we do as well as hoped we will play about 60 games next season he should be able to get game time in there if he is good enough, if not seel him.
    Kakuta is not good enough for Chelsea IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Hulk Warning!

No link but

ABola newspaper:Official Hulk to Chelsea with 45 millions Euros and Porto could announce the deal on its Website within hours!

Abola broke the Ramires and Luiz transfers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Hulk Warning!

No link but

ABola newspaper:Official Hulk to Chelsea with 45 millions Euros and Porto could announce the deal on its Website within hours!

Abola broke the Ramires and Luiz transfers

Why name a newspaper after a deadly virus. Insensitive bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

*Ebola

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

45 million :pac:

Meglamonia wrote: »
    45 million :pac:

About £36 million by my estimation

He'll obviously be a fantastic addition to the team for us but 36 million for Hulk just seems wrong to me.

Remember John O'Shea destroying him when they played in the Champions League,really dunno about this lad on the big stage,hope he goes and proves me wrong tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

amiable wrote: »
    Kakuta is not good enough for Chelsea IMHO

I am not sure not seen enough of him. But if not then be best all round to cut him loose - but we did that with Tore and Sinclair and I think we were wrong on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Lukaku sounds to me like he needs a reality check. He was behind Drogba Torres and then Sturridge, not to mention Kalou. Granted he should have got one or two more games here an there but a manger in his first season is rearly going to play the young guns and rely on proven players untill his position is safe.

Would love if the Hulk siging went trough! €36m is a bit steep if you ask me but he is a quality player and im sure he will have a decent return to the club trough shirt sales and his contrbution on the pitch.

• Advertisement

I thought that 40 million or so was bad but jesus christ

TouchlineDrama ‏@TouchlineDrama
    Record say Porto president Jorge da Costa is holding out for a fee in the region of €75m for Hulk; €25m higher than Chelsea's current offer.
    Retweeted by CarloFan
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

he was hardly a young gun, other than his age. 98 games for Anderlecht, 14 for Belgium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I thought that 40 million or so was bad but jesus christ

TouchlineDrama ‏@TouchlineDrama
    Record say Porto president Jorge da Costa is holding out for a fee in the region of €75m for Hulk; €25m higher than Chelsea's current offer.
    Retweeted by CarloFan
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

A nice polite fúck off back would be perfect.

I agree grumpy, i personally think we should hold on to this season and play him in the carling cup games try him out and see if we can grow with us for the season then make a desicion on wetaher to cut him loose or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

gavredking wrote: »
    A nice polite fúck off back would be perfect.

With Malouda attached as a prsent

Techless wrote: »
    With Malouda attached as a prsent

I wouldnt want them to suffer at all. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

G.K. wrote: »
    he was hardly a young gun, other than his age. 98 games for Anderlecht, 14 for Belgium.

He is certanly a young gun compaired to Drogba Kalou and Torres!
    The Belgun league is far from PL expeirience

Aquila wrote: »
    Are they havng a laugh?why arent we in for Falcao too?

Because they would want similar silly money.

If we have made about £100 million from the UCL then spending about £40 Million so far is grand, but not giving stupid money for a striker.

If we have made about £100 million from the UCL then spending about £40 Million so far is grand, but not giving stupid money for a striker.

he's more a right winger, attacking. but I agree.
    Could be just wrong, but 45 million euro I can live with, but not a penny more!
    (Even though its not my money!)

Chelsea have repeatedly said they have a price they will go to and have walked away before, so I expect them to do the same here.
    Porto will be left with an unhappy player

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I'd have thought that we would be in a good position to broker a deal with Athletico over Falcao.
    Courtois is hardly going to come back next season and they love him over there, also Lukaku could be loaned out there for a year ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

If Chelsea can secure the signing of Hulk, they will be sorted for many years to come. The squad is more and more balanced now, plenty of youthful signings to go with the experience they already possess.

I am a Man United fan but to be honest, that Chelsea team is beginning to frighten me. I have always been a fan of Torres and I expect him to have a good Euros and come back to the PL in flying form to lead the line and with Marin, Hazard, Hulk, Ramires, Mata and Sturridge you have the making of a very fearful attacking unit. You could even add Lampard to that mix.

Then you got to look at the defence which I think is the best back 4 in the league in Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Cole. All are very experienced and if they can all stay fit not many goals will be conceded.

Also between the sticks, Cech looks back to his best and youngster Courtois really impressing at Atletico Madrid, the future seems to be in good hands.

I really fear Chelsea will be a massive force next season.

Yesterday I thought we had Hulk but now it's gonna drag on all summer!

double GG wrote: »
    If Chelsea can secure the signing of Hulk, they will be sorted for many years to come. The squad is more and more balanced now, plenty of youthful signings to go with the experience they already possess.

I am a Man United fan but to be honest, that Chelsea team is beginning to frighten me. I have always been a fan of Torres and I expect him to have a good Euros and come back to the PL in flying form to lead the line and with Marin, Hazard, Hulk, Ramires, Mata and Sturridge you have the making of a very fearful attacking unit. You could even add Lampard to that mix.

Then you got to look at the defence which I think is the best back 4 in the league in Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry and Cole. All are very experienced and if they can all stay fit not many goals will be conceded.

Also between the sticks, Cech looks back to his best and youngster Courtois really impressing at Atletico Madrid, the future seems to be in good hands.

I really fear Chelsea will be a massive force next season.

thanks, thats the idea! BUT. The reality has been that the current squad SHOULD have won a lot more and it was only a certain canny scot and a certain trigger happy russian that stopped us!

So, as long as you have the oxygen tanks standing by, it should be a straight fight between us, utd and city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

just in case anyones forgotten how we won the champions league...heres a cool video of the penalty shoot out from behind the goal in the bayern end.

Clicky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Bitte Bitte Nein Nein Bitter Bitter :)
    just in case anyones forgotten how we won the champions league...heres a cool video of the penalty shoot out from behind the goal in the bayern end.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Clicky

Thanks that is a classic

Lamps is out of the euros - gutted for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Selfishly though, it's good for Chelsea. He would have been hammered by press and fans regardless of performance and he will now be fresh for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

With all these vacancies in premier league I think Chelsea should do the decent thing now and tell Robbie if he has the job or not. So he can get another job. He would walk into Swansea or Norwich.

John Terry banned for 3 UEFA matches following his red card against Barcelona.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

John Terry banned for 3 UEFA matches following his red card against Barcelona.

Three more or two considering he served one.

Three more or two considering he served one.

First 3 group stage games,or else the super cup counts as one so it will that and first 2 group stage games,either way it's 3.

Surely he's served one game already?

Surely he's served one game already?

You could be right getting all this from twitter,the thing is he was only given it now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Malouda just scored a screamer for France v Serbia - where was that all year!

You could be right getting all this from twitter,the thing is he was only given it now?

As far as I know when you are sent off you are automatically banned for the next game unless you appeal. I'd say he's banned for the next 2 games so that would mean just 1 group game I'd say.

As far as I know when you are sent off you are automatically banned for the next game unless you appeal. I'd say he's banned for the next 2 games so that would mean just 1 group game I'd say.

yeah it's confirmed you're correct :p

yeah it's confirmed you're correct :p

And heres yet more proof!

John Terry will miss Chelsea's next two European matches following his red card in the UEFA Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.

Just realised, its the last day of May. Been a cracking month for us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Sgt Pepper,

Looks like the station I chatted to you about through PM was spot on about the Hulk announcement, right down to the fee being between £35m and £40m.

Damn impressive buying so far by Chelsea. Have a feeling that you guys either have a manager already sorted or one that is all but signed up and the players he wants are being got in advance.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Sgt Pepper,

Looks like the station I chatted to you about through PM was spot on about the Hulk announcement, right down to the fee being between £35m and £40m.

Damn impressive buying so far by Chelsea. Have a feeling that you guys either have a manager already sorted or one that is all but signed up and the players he wants are being got in advance.

Yep, they were right! I dont actually think we have a manager. Its mainly Michael Emenalo recommending players that have been recommended to him by scouts (And of course, Hulk was wanted by AVB)

Looks like Liverpool are going to follow the chelsea model although a senior board will take the place of Roman, but the manager will have very little say in transfers

Have we signed Hulk officially or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Have we signed Hulk officially or something?

Porto have accepted Chelsea's bid for him and have given the player permission to discuss personal terms. Was announced officially by Porto tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Jaysus, exciting times to be supporting the Blues!
    Had a look at the teams G.K. posted a few pages back, some squad on paper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I'm sure if you offered Lamps a choice of winning the CL with Chelsea, or the European Championship with England, he'd choose the CL. The man bleeds blue! ;)

What a serious strike force we have next season though, lads! Torres, Hulk, Hazard and Mata. Possibly the strongest in European football? Tough call.

I really think there'll be another big signing or too to add to that! Already can't wait for next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Clicky

That is epic! Love all the subs going mad running onto the pitch when Schweinsteiger misses.
    I still get goosebumps seeing Drogba run up. Ah, what a night! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'd say a lot of defenses are already dreading that forward line. All you need now is to get Torres firing again and you will score for fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

POP QUIZ.........

Which player spent most time warming the bench last season?

Answer in this Stats linky which is a breakdown of the minutes played by the outfield players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

John Terry will miss Chelsea's next two European matches following his red card in the UEFA Champions League semi-final against Barcelona.

Which will be The Super Cup against Atletico Madrid and the first group game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement