Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Yep, they were right! I dont actually think we have a manager. Its mainly Michael Emenalo recommending players that have been recommended to him by scouts (And of course, Hulk was wanted by AVB)

Looks like Liverpool are going to follow the chelsea model although a senior board will take the place of Roman, but the manager will have very little say in transfers

Tony Barrett of The Times says Brendan Rodgers will have the final say in transfers at Liverpool.
    I'd have to agree with Kess and think there is someone instructing Chelsea on who to purchase not just Emenalo.
    It's all just guess work though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not too sure anyone instructing Chelsea on who to buy, the Hazard & Hulk were no brainers if you could afford them and they wanted to join. These players do not stay available for ever so as paul says sometimes you just have to roll the dice.

I am sure whoever gets the job will be excited by a forward line of Mata, Torres, Hazard and Hulk. If they are not then they really are in the wrong job because I for one cant wait to see it at Villa in the shield of champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Great to see the Hulk transfer, I really cant wait for the start of the season, it cant come quick enough. :pac:

Another Brazilian aswell.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Flincher

I'd love to see how AVB would have done if he had all of Hulk, Hazard, Torres, Mata and Marin to work with.

Its a pity that his type of players have been signed 6 months after he left. I think its acknowledged that the squad he inherited didn't suit what he was trying to do. Now Chelsea have the players, but he has gone.

Looking forward to the Premiership next year. Hopefully Chelsea and Liverpool will improve and make the top 6 even more competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

My head is wrecked i dont know who to get on the back of my new jerseys for next season and we aint even finished spending yet!!

Mata???

Hazard???

Hulk???

Luiz???

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

what a day wrote: »
    My head is wrecked i dont know who to get on the back of my new jerseys for next season and we aint even finished spending yet!!

Mata???

Hazard???

Hulk???

Luiz???

I dont know if it just me but there seems something ral cool about having the Hulk on the back of a shirt icon10.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Dont know whether to laugh at the article or the fact that you opened tribal football link for news :D

Mata???

Hazard???

Hulk???

Luiz???

I'd stay clear of getting print on it TBH.

The gold on the jersey is very nice but the white print from the ePL official numbers make it look......shite if im honest.

I seen a few people over at the Blackburn game and it turned me off getting any print because of the colour difference but thats just my opinion. :pac:

We dont even have Pep FFS. :pac:

Got to love the crazies from the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

gavredking wrote: »
    I'd stay clear of getting print on it TBH.

The gold on the jersey is very nice but the white print from the ePL official numbers make it look......shite if im honest.

I seen a few people over at the Blackburn game and it turned me off getting any print because of the colour difference but thats just my opinion. :pac:

yeah I agree I got di matteo 16 on the back of mine and it doesnt look right with the white letters shouldve gone for the champions league jersey with the star coz it might have matched the gold

yeah I agree I got di matteo 16 on the back of mine and it doesnt look right with the white letters shouldve gone for the champions league jersey with the star coz it might have matched the gold

What makes it even more amussing is when your watching the jersey on TV from a far the gold trim looks silver. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone see maloudas goal for france?

Screamer maybe if he did this a bit more for chelsea we wouldn't be so keen to kick him out the door !

silly flo mo

anyone see maloudas goal for france?

Screamer maybe if he did this a bit more for chelsea we wouldn't be so keen to kick him out the door !

silly flo mo

:pac:

On a side note, I might throw a couple of quid on France, unbeaten in about 20 games and they have a good squad, could be worth an outside bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Maybe you should be looking to get Blanc in as your next manager. If he can get Malouda to perform like that, just think what he can do with some of your other players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

You could be on to something there Sir - what are the odds?
    On a side note, I might throw a couple of quid on France, unbeaten in about 20 games and they have a good squad, could be worth an outside bet.

bullpost wrote: »

About 10 or 11/1 last I saw

greendom wrote: »
    Maybe you should be looking to get Blanc in as your next manager. If he can get Malouda to perform like that, just think what he can do with some of your other players.

Malouda wont get games at the club next year, he struggled this year just gone. No matter what people say about Torres getting dropped from the UCL final for Bertrand, Malouda would have more to worry about when a LB is played ahead of ya in your position.
    bullpost wrote: »

Got my buddy to check the other day and I think he quoted prices varying from 14-16/1

Malouda wont get games at the club next year, he struggled this year just gone. No matter what people say about Torres getting dropped from the UCL final for Bertrand, Malouda would have more to worry about when a LB is played ahead of ya in your position.

Got my buddy to check the other day and I think he quoted prices varying from 14-16/1

They're great odds - where did he see those.

As to my other post, it was more about Blanc than Malouda

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    They're great odds - where did he see those.

As to my other post, it was more about Blanc than Malouda

I wouldnt mind Blanc, I think he'd offer something fresh and different but it could end up the same way the AVB saga ended up.

I'll throw him a txt there and let ye all know, fairly sure it was online though, I could have mis-heard and he might have said 12's but I'll find out.

Could do a France winner and Benzema topscorer double if ya fancied a flutter, I think his only competition is Gomez and Germany have a really tough group.

Benzema could score a couple against Ukraine, England and Sweden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Regardless of who comes in , its disrespectful to RDM that he's been kept in the dark as suggested by Eddie Newton recently.

Not sure how RA intends to lure Pep when he has a history of treating his managers so badly and shows no sign of stopping.
    I wouldnt mind Blanc, I think he'd offer something fresh and different but it could end up the same way the AVB saga ended up.

I'll throw him a txt there and let ye all know, fairly sure it was online though, I could have mis-heard and he might have said 12's but I'll find out.

Could do a France winner and Benzema topscorer double if ya fancied a flutter, I think his only competition is Gomez and Germany have a really tough group.

Benzema could score a couple against Ukraine, England and Sweden.

Personally i think its Peps job to turn down, if Pep does not want the job its Robbies. To be fair Roman has been put in an akward position with Robbie winning us the CL. Roman has craved over Pep for so long now and see this as his chance to sign him,

Its like falling for some girl but when you get a chance with her your already in a relation ship with a girl already :pac:

MOCK+UP+-+Eden+Hazard+in+a+Chelsea+shirt

Sorry im bored in work

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWv-S4tP7JvyAZyFOB9s9Fkoq_QRCw-_WmhHeWOOLIxmBYzuFIMWKXmEw ..images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPXLMUv5K7uZcsokxZTt1YwVqkaDZPf0uPrrQXnZRubWERxbCz0q8LahtC9w.. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfKko_MxggnkxxDGv3QHEZ5-21Lea2Ym8YADJ_CJfBEJBnKezvyI8hFQ

............images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh4KT-x0WFNTeo6_Zt-KJ5RrCxCQmZfGYo-etbPTgPbtxDqSvPBzntjAQ images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg62Am4FVjU7VJcSHvBPFP6hZ1Org8kQ4E9YCUyJI1BMbs_VZJRC5cIeo images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS5QNHt1vhC0Qd4m_M78TyqIh562O3hGfRsMk1Qi883rWSD5VJ5vHaPb4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOg2dZIwo4gxzYlWlWI80NfWKs0tqn9QKoOODAZRf1i26Wk3I4WeXRDQEimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6ir_Ek9ppJLkrb3Ihd1-Ne2T0HFRTe0kPZWBAnoeJtvbd_w2lNXnC4gimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqGszarkbpzJD3uDcaMsdBanbjh3w0VPKuMvN0AjjXQtWk-SoZiZNHjGQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc294VP2jKqa1pMdHEmeHSdbPMHTG2p8Tz-oyPr6fwKDhZP384AhVi0-fY

......................................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqTkroUfx20zBbzgxdzJgyFtR1jpjsIK4-JXfdoKiEpJX_iisHpIs4Qe4

Sorry im bored in work

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWv-S4tP7JvyAZyFOB9s9Fkoq_QRCw-_WmhHeWOOLIxmBYzuFIMWKXmEw ..images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPXLMUv5K7uZcsokxZTt1YwVqkaDZPf0uPrrQXnZRubWERxbCz0q8LahtC9w.. images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfKko_MxggnkxxDGv3QHEZ5-21Lea2Ym8YADJ_CJfBEJBnKezvyI8hFQ

............images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSh4KT-x0WFNTeo6_Zt-KJ5RrCxCQmZfGYo-etbPTgPbtxDqSvPBzntjAQ images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRg62Am4FVjU7VJcSHvBPFP6hZ1Org8kQ4E9YCUyJI1BMbs_VZJRC5cIeo images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRS5QNHt1vhC0Qd4m_M78TyqIh562O3hGfRsMk1Qi883rWSD5VJ5vHaPb4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOg2dZIwo4gxzYlWlWI80NfWKs0tqn9QKoOODAZRf1i26Wk3I4WeXRDQEimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6ir_Ek9ppJLkrb3Ihd1-Ne2T0HFRTe0kPZWBAnoeJtvbd_w2lNXnC4gimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqGszarkbpzJD3uDcaMsdBanbjh3w0VPKuMvN0AjjXQtWk-SoZiZNHjGQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc294VP2jKqa1pMdHEmeHSdbPMHTG2p8Tz-oyPr6fwKDhZP384AhVi0-fY

......................................images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqTkroUfx20zBbzgxdzJgyFtR1jpjsIK4-JXfdoKiEpJX_iisHpIs4Qe4

Do you work in the public sector? Possibily a politican? You have a LOT of free time :pac: :P

• Advertisement

Ha ha dont get there kind of pay though :p

Ha ha dont get there kind of pay though :p

Enough that your taking our JEEEEERBS!!!!!

;)

Sky Sports News reporting that Kalou and Bosingwa have been released by Chelsea. Both now available on free transfers. #CFC

Sky Sports News reporting that Kalou and Bosingwa have been released by Chelsea. Both now available on free transfers. #CFC

I'd be happy with both of those at Arsenal. Neither would be 1st teamers but with our injury record they'd both get plenty of game time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Yessssssssssssssssssss, bye kalou:pac:

Was just in some deep deep thought about the managers position and who should get it. We all know that roman has a hard on for guardiola and that style of play but it seems pep is unavaliable so why not go for van gaal. Similar philosophy, would work well with our new attacking options, experienced and avaliable.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Yessssssssssssssssssss, bye kalou:pac:

Was just in some deep deep thought about the managers position and who should get it. We all know that roman has a hard on for guardiola and that style of play but it seems pep is unavaliable so why not go for van gaal. Similar philosophy, would work well with our new attacking options, experienced and avaliable.

Van Gaal would be a gamble, he could be very voaltile for the squad.

We're in a weird place, RDM probably wont take it in fear of Pep replacing him next year, and that will go for any other manager I can imagine.

Pep wont take it as I think he'll take his year out.

That leaves us with no manager and no real option but to hire RDM for the long term or someone like Van Gaal, again for the long term.

RDM would have walked into the job had Pep not decided to leave Barca.

Van gaal would be open to a one year deal I would imagine which would be ideal. He is very experienced (and a bit volatile:o) but thats exactly what we need, someone experienced.

Marko MitrovicMarkoMitrovic92
    It's official today that I will leave Chelsea this summer. Had a great time here and will always love CFC but it's time for me to move on

regarding manager

I cannot believe we would appoint a temp manager (1 year again)

After all that spending surely we are not going to send a message to all the new signings and the ones on loan, that after gettting to know a new manager and his methods, he could be gone after a year?

wheres the incentive, the development, the building of a relationship?

I despair :(

Reports in the Netherlands claim Chelsea have agreed an £8m fee for Ajax's Van Der Wiel. #CFC
    Everywhere on twitter

cant find any credible source

Interesting read on hulk. The 38 million fee is huge but 110pw is not too bad with city paying multiple players 200k+.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/01/chelsea-hulk-career-incredible?newsfeed=true

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Think it'll be a great signing, the guy has wanted to come for a long time.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Interesting read on hulk. The 38 million fee is huge but 110pw is not too bad with city paying multiple players 200k+.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/01/chelsea-hulk-career-incredible?newsfeed=true

The thing with the fees, is that 35 million seems to be the new 25 million!

We splashed a lot cash in the initial splurges, but a lot of those players turned out to be very good value for money over the years

Drogba - 24 million over 8 years= 3 million a year!

Add to that a lot of the young kids look like they could actually blend in and we the makings of a squad that could do us for years, save the odd Roman fancy!

We paid 21m for SWP, end of story

We paid 21m for SWP, end of story

and dont mention Sheva - but hey I like to think positive

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

That made me happy. I watched every single one of them except Napoli away in my living room and all that reminds me of some fairly stressful evenings screaming at the tv and some great celebrations. Fantastic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

VdW is an aggressive RB, which is what you need. He'll have to up his defensive game to get ahead of Ivan though.

G.K. wrote: »
    VdW is an aggressive RB, which is what you need. He'll have to up his defensive game to get ahead of Ivan though.

Apparently Ajax fans don't rate him too highly? Hope he's not another Bosingwa, the myth was he was excellent going forward, but in actual fact he wasn't. Terrible crosser of the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Defending certainly doesn't appear to be VdW's strong point.

G.K. wrote: »
    Defending certainly doesn't appear to be VdW's strong point.

If Hulk or Sturridge is playing RW surely it'll have to be Ivan at RB (if we can keep him) or else there will be a huge issue defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Personally i think its Peps job to turn down, if Pep does not want the job its Robbies. To be fair Roman has been put in an akward position with Robbie winning us the CL. Roman has craved over Pep for so long now and see this as his chance to sign him,
    Guardiola has two realistic options in England - CFC and MU. Had we not won the CL, he may well have opted for a more stable relationship with a stable club - MU!.

However, MU are financially constrained, so it would be hard for Guardiola to forge a new team. And most importantly, CFC now have the CL monkey off their backs. RA won't be so obsessive about it and we can now concentrate o sustainable development. That might be just enough to swing Guardiola towards Stamford Bridge - if he wants to manage in England.

5b9a2676ac3811e1b2fe1231380205bf_7.jpg

Oh no haircut!

Phew old picture. Luiz is trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

thebison wrote: »

Totally ruined by the editing out of Gary Nevilles orgasmic reaction to Torres's late goal against Barca :)

And on a side note, i found a can of Heineken at the back of the fridge last night with Munich Champions league final 2012 printed in blue on the back of the can.

It's now in a position of pride on a shelf in the kitchen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Hope Hazard can light up the Wembley game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement