Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

kev1.3s wrote: »
    This has been really pissing me off since Tuesday, JT has been roundly criticized for what to me looked like a fairly soft knee in sanchez's back I don't think he would have been sent off if it wasn't for the fact that the striker made a meal of it! I'm no t trying to defend Terry because what he did was foolish but the if Terry went then the fabulous Messi should have went too for the equally as violent attack on lampard! I wonder if Lamps had went down riling around in agony would Messi have at least received a yellow for it.
    Clutching at straws. Terry deserved to go and defending is what you are doing and completely silly.
    It was a stupid thing for him to do and he rightly apologized to his team mates after the game.
    Remember he initially denied any wrong doing while interviewed during the game.
    He deserves criticism as he let his team down.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

amiable wrote: »
    I wonder would a Premier League loan move be better for him though?

Hard to know. I've seen him play in the flesh twice. His touch isn't great and he seems to lack pace. Maybe I'm being harsh and need to watch more of him. His stats for the reserves aren't overly impressive either. Certainly needs a good season under his belt as he is no where near pushing for a starting place.

8m apparently for Marin and a 5 year contract. So that's him and De Bruyne for next season. Certainly adds pace to the team. Don't know a lot about Marin, only saw him play in champions league a few years back. De Bruyne looks like a good buy IMO, has done well since moving centrally. Nice to see we are getting business done early this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

8m apparently for Marin and a 5 year contract. So that's him and De Bruyne for next season. Certainly adds pace to the team. Don't know a lot about Marin, only saw him play in champions league a few years back. De Bruyne looks like a good buy IMO, has done well since moving centrally. Nice to see we are getting business done early this year.

Marin's a great little player although he can be inconsistent and needs to improve his goal record. Very excited to see him in the PL though - his dribbling skills can be very Messi-like to watch, as hyperbolic as that sounds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Smegball wrote: »
    Twitter speculation alert..

According to Sky Germany... Marin already had a medical at #Chelsea. So seems to be a done deal. #CFC

Would be a great signing, terrific wee player IMO.

Marko Marin, the german winger from Werder Bremen?

The one Liverpool, spurs and arsenal wanted?

Utd also after Kagawa, contract rebel

And Bale has said he would consider his position if Spurs fail to get CL football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17879753

Lets sign ALL the wingers!

• Advertisement

If Marin and De Bruyne fulfil their potential they will prove 2 very shrewd signings.
    As I said earlier Marin seems to be a bit of an enigma but at the prices quoted he's definitely worth a punt IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Marin hasn't kicked on as much as he could but he'd be an excellent squad player for a top end CL team, and he could still improve a lot, he's only 23 of course.

It's just been confirmed by Bremen and Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wonder would a Premier League loan move be better for him though?

I wonder if O'Neill might be interested? He loves a striker who can hold up the ball, link play between the midfield, but who can also get into the box and finish.

He's basically said his number 1 target this season is a big man in the mould of the above, and Lukaku fits the bill.

That said, I think everyone at Sunderland including the manager is a bit sick of loan signings and would like to see us get someone in permanently.

kev1.3s wrote: »
    This has been really pissing me off since Tuesday, JT has been roundly criticized for what to me looked like a fairly soft knee in sanchez's back I don't think he would have been sent off if it wasn't for the fact that the striker made a meal of it! I'm no t trying to defend Terry because what he did was foolish but the if Terry went then the fabulous Messi should have went too for the equally as violent attack on lampard! I wonder if Lamps had went down riling around in agony would Messi have at least received a yellow for it.

I think he deserved the red, it was cowardly, unprovaked, premeditated attack.
    I lost a lot of respect for him with that.
    He's supposed to be setting an example, not kneeing people in the back in one of the biggest matches of his career in front of millions of viewers.
    Our win will always be tainted by that, and it gives the haters more fooder

• Advertisement

It's just been confirmed by Bremen and Chelsea

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2752630,00.html

Yessssssssssss!

The ''ITK's'' missed that Marin deal completely

He's been quite inconsistant what I have seen of him, but I like the direction of the signings chelsea are doing

Who signed Marin so is the question

Who signed Marin so is the question

Michael Emenalo I'd imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lukaku's going to Bremen on loan as part of the deal, according to Ben Smith (BBC).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Marin has been very disappointing. Bremen got a good deal for him. He had so much promise a few years ago that he hasn't fulfilled! Goes missing too much. Comes across a bit disinterested at times, maybe a bit harsh but that is what I see. If CFC can get him motivated then he should be a decent signing.

Have you got the link to that?

Apparently we were after him last year and for a lot more money

http://www.footylatest.com/chelsea-want-30-million-sensation-after-failed-modric-bid/23132

Bit of a gamble though

Michael Emenalo I'd imagine

My point being whoever does take over full time at Chelsea will probably not pick the team as Michael Emenalo's knowledge of players may be trusted more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Happy with Marin a cracking player if he can do the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

And Bale has said he would consider his position if Spurs fail to get CL football

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17879753
    I'd expect at least one big money signing this summer, Bale would be perfect! Here's hoping :D

Impressed with the Marin signing though. For 8m we can't go wrong! Will be a very useful squad player.

Marin was originally a Lucien Favre player.

Maybe, just maybe, we will have a german manager?

Lucien Favre -

Lucien Favre will be disappointed if he doesn’t receive Bundesliga manager of the season in May after overseeing a scintillating campaign from his Monchengladbach side. Counter attacking with unerring accuracy, speed and flair he recently described his teams passing combinations as ‘dreamlike’ and he isn’t far off. This season isn’t entirely surprising though as the mild mannered Swiss coach nearly took a mediocre Hertha Berlin side to a Bundesliga title in the most unlikely circumstances in 2009, transforming Liverpool flop Andrey Voronin into a goal scoring machine and a stodgy Hertha into a fearsome counter attacking unit.

His teams are hard to penetrate with sound defensive organisation. Known as the Swiss football professor he has only ever enjoyed modest success in Switzerland and Germany but this season has highlighted his ability in assembling very dangerous sides on small budgets and turning underachieving players into a confident collective. Monchengladbach’s transformation from relegation contenders to title hopefuls in the space of a year is down to Favre’s meticulous work on the training ground.

Well with de bruyne and marin coming in id find it hard to believe if we went after hazard. Unless de bruyne was going to Lille as part of the deal for a loan. With wingers coming in that also frees up sturridge to play through the middle

gavredking wrote: »
    Well with de bruyne and marin coming in id find it hard to believe if we went after hazard. Unless de bruyne was going to Lille as part of the deal for a loan. With wingers coming in that also frees up sturridge to play through the middle

Still think we will make a big try for Hazard, we were very close in Jan apparently

Marin fits the FPP rules nicely! :D

Marko Marin has 5 assists this season in the Bundesliga. That is more than 25 Liverpool players this season.
    Stewart Downing 20 million - 25 leagues games, 7 sub - 0 assist. Marko Marin 16 league games, 5 assists, 1 goal

Still think we will make a big try for Hazard, we were very close in Jan apparently

Marin fits the FPP rules nicely! :D

Marko Marin has 5 assists this season in the Bundesliga. That is more than 25 Liverpool players this season.
    Stewart Downing 20 million - 25 leagues games, 7 sub - 0 assist. Marko Marin 16 league games, 5 assists, 1 goal

Ah you cant compare us with a mid table team :p

I'd love if we got Hazard but alot of Europes big teams will be after him. All depends where he wants to go and further his career I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Never heard of Marin:confused:
    Lads anyone who regularly watched Bundesliga what he like?

Full of potetinal but has a tendency to flicker in amd out of games.

If he can kick on with us he should be a bargain.

Id compare him to Stoch so i dont know why we left him go.

Aquila wrote: »
    Will players come to us if we finish 5th and win the Champions league though?

Why not? We'll be in tbe UCL and we'll be fighting for the EPL if we get the right players.

Were going the right away about it at the moment but next year will be cruicial.

• Advertisement

Why not? We'll be in tbe UCL and we'll be fighting for the EPL if we get the right players.

Were going the right away about it at the moment but next year will be cruicial.

90 mins from a CL win - still cant believe it!

Go Wigan! 2-0 up against Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Go on Wigan lets hope stoke can do us a favour also.

Newcastle 3-0 down. Nobody wants 4th because were going win the UCL :pac:

Hopefully Stoke can beat Arsenal although a draw will do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Is it not worrying for Chelsea fans that Marin has been signed when they haven't even got a manager for next season? Who signed him? :confused:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is it not worrying for Chelsea fans that Marin has been signed when they haven't even got a manager for next season? Who signed him? :confused:

Not really as the system we play needs wingers and we dont have any so bringing in a young guy that has ability and potential for a cheap enough price wouldnt worry me.

Id say Emanelo had a say in the transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Kakuta? Piazon maybe?

Committe signings are quite common, especially at Chelsea and have been for years

Look at Newcastle, the media spin on them is how clever they are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Marin was originally a Lucien Favre player.

Maybe, just maybe, we will have a german manager?

Doubt he would even consider walking into that disaster. Gladbach are in the CL next season and he will probably be offered the Bayern job next summer.

Newcastle and arsenal dropping points could be huge. 3 points 2mw now lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Newcastle and arsenal dropping points could be huge. 3 points 2mw now lads.

Could be, but I fear there will be too much concentration on the 2 finals now. Would be nice to still finish 4th though.

RT @sidcelery: Chelsea formed a Football Board in 07. There are no manager signings, only club signings board approve. They do due diligence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

another fine Football Manager prospect has been signed, delighted!

other than some youtube videos ive not seen much but he seems in the mold of a proper winger getting out wide and taking on people and some good crosses, looks alot like De Bruyne to be honest!

Ive been glad to see us doing business in the way we have with Lukaku/De Bruyne/Marin, exciting young players with bags of potential.

Butif Lukaku goes out on loan next season it makes me think Drogba wont be going anywhere next year, but a part of me feels really bad for him having wasted so much time playing reserve team football, was a very tough year for AVB to be risking giving him much in the way of playing time I suppose but I really though that he would be closer to pushing for a subs role at this stage.

De Bruyne at least has had another year starting at Genk, again I would be disappointed if he goes out on loan again, if these players arent good enough to go into the team right away that really worries me.

All depends who's in charge of the club next year I suppose as to who'll play or what our strategy will be going forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Almost perfect results for us today if we win tomorrow which we should and spurs slip up tomorrow I'd put us as favourites for a fourth.

Possibly even third....

LanceStorm wrote: »
    another fine Football Manager prospect has been signed, delighted!

other than some youtube videos ive not seen much but he seems in the mold of a proper winger getting out wide and taking on people and some good crosses, looks alot like De Bruyne to be honest!

Ive been glad to see us doing business in the way we have with Lukaku/De Bruyne/Marin, exciting young players with bags of potential.

Butif Lukaku goes out on loan next season it makes me think Drogba wont be going anywhere next year, but a part of me feels really bad for him having wasted so much time playing reserve team football, was a very tough year for AVB to be risking giving him much in the way of playing time I suppose but I really though that he would be closer to pushing for a subs role at this stage.

De Bruyne at least has had another year starting at Genk, again I would be disappointed if he goes out on loan again, if these players arent good enough to go into the team right away that really worries me.

All depends who's in charge of the club next year I suppose as to who'll play or what our strategy will be going forward!

LOL! http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2012/01/fm-2012-player-profile-marko-marin/

Dont think gael kakuta and Piazon will be best pleased

The Spuds rejected AGAIN!

Chelsea is my dream club. I'm happy that I get the chance to play for them. It is a challenge for me. Tottenham Hotspur were also interested, but I opted for Chelsea, because they suit me well.
    Marko Marin. Source: Sport-Bild via Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Marin is IMO a strange signing right now. He has been terrible for the last 2 seasons, and has had trouble to get going at a very average Bremen side. He only has played 21 games and 1345 minutes in the league this season. He also plays no role in the National team right now.

I am not sure that he can offer anything that Chelsea doesn't already have. Will probably be shipped out again at the end of next season. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

meh 6.5 million, seems like he has a lot of upside. Doubt we'll get less than that if we ship him out in a couple of years.

At least it looks like Malouda and/or Kalou is on the way out. Kind of **** for Kakuta but not that bad.

Maybe Chelsea did go in for Hazard but they didn't get enough encouragement?

one week to the fa cup final people!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement