Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

The thoughts of Hazard, Mata and Hulk attacking a defence and feeding early balls to Torres is such a beautiful beautiful thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

tigger123 wrote: »
    The thoughts of Hazard, Mata and Hulk attacking a defence and feeding early balls to Torres is such a beautiful beautiful thing.

2 of the brightest attacking talents with years ahead of them - Hazard and Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    and according to the Times we are in for Falcao and Cavani too !

Do you mean this?

From we aint no history

Normally I don't get to read anything the Times put out, because everything sits behind a paywall, but thanks to the Jubilee this weekend said paywall is down. I have no idea how trustworthy they are, because hey, never get to read them, but they're the ones updating us on the Hulk and Eden Hazard news, so let's listen. With several grains of salt, of course...
    • Hulk. They're reporting that a transfer fee has not been agreed with Porto, with Chelsea insisting on going no higher than £30M for his services. Also, there are claims that a wage packet of four years at than £135,000 a week has been agreed, which would be very strange as it would increase the relative amortisation hit on Hulk by 20%. Very odd, and I'm not sure how much I trust it.
    • Eden Hazard. A deal is 'in place' to take Hazard to Stamford Bridge when the transfer window opens. Other than that, it's the same news we've always had. It's unclear whether the Times means that he won't be unveiled until July 1st or not, but that long of a wait would be a major surprise.
    • Radamel Falcao. Apparently Chelsea scouts have been informed that the Atletico Madrid striker is now their 'top priority'. Which is strange, because Fernando Torres would certainly not be the number one centre forward under that setup. This directly contradicts the assurances Torres has been given by the club's brass.
    So yeah, there's the gossip. I'm not taking anything in that post as gospel, and you shouldn't either, but it's something to think about. In general, it's Hazard done, Hulk not quite done, and Chelsea have more in the works. Sounds about right overall, even though I am questioning some of the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

and according to the Times we are in for Falcao and Cavani too !

Lukaku and sturridge are ****ed if thats the case.

:confused:

Use the barcode scanner on your smart phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Do you mean this?

From we aint no history

Normally I don't get to read anything the Times put out, because everything sits behind a paywall, but thanks to the Jubilee this weekend said paywall is down. I have no idea how trustworthy they are, because hey, never get to read them, but they're the ones updating us on the Hulk and Eden Hazard news, so let's listen. With several grains of salt, of course...
    • Hulk. They're reporting that a transfer fee has not been agreed with Porto, with Chelsea insisting on going no higher than £30M for his services. Also, there are claims that a wage packet of four years at than £135,000 a week has been agreed, which would be very strange as it would increase the relative amortisation hit on Hulk by 20%. Very odd, and I'm not sure how much I trust it.
    • Eden Hazard. A deal is 'in place' to take Hazard to Stamford Bridge when the transfer window opens. Other than that, it's the same news we've always had. It's unclear whether the Times means that he won't be unveiled until July 1st or not, but that long of a wait would be a major surprise.
    • Radamel Falcao. Apparently Chelsea scouts have been informed that the Atletico Madrid striker is now their 'top priority'. Which is strange, because Fernando Torres would certainly not be the number one centre forward under that setup. This directly contradicts the assurances Torres has been given by the club's brass.
    So yeah, there's the gossip. I'm not taking anything in that post as gospel, and you shouldn't either, but it's something to think about. In general, it's Hazard done, Hulk not quite done, and Chelsea have more in the works. Sounds about right overall, even though I am questioning some of the details.
    It's all speculation!

The mother of all questions is who is going to be manager. If Guardiola is in the frame, I find it hard to imagine CFC are preparing to spend gazillions on players without his input.

The CL trophy has been an utter gamechanger. UCL continuity. Extra loot to spend. And a totally unexpected opportunity to forge an entirely new team with the kind of players we could not have attracted this time last year.

That completely cuts the ground from under the likes of McEachran, Sturridge, and possibly even Torres. Some of our recent investment acquisitions may survive, but only on the understanding that it could be a couple of years before they break into the team. And possibly only as backup.

• Advertisement

McDave wrote: »
    It's all speculation!

The mother of all questions is who is going to be manager. If Guardiola is in the frame, I find it hard to imagine CFC are preparing to spend gazillions on players without his input.

The CL trophy has been an utter gamechanger. UCL continuity. Extra loot to spend. And a totally unexpected opportunity to forge an entirely new team with the kind of players we could not have attracted this time last year.

That completely cuts the ground from under the likes of McEachran, Sturridge, and possibly even Torres. Some of our recent investment acquisitions may survive, but only on the understanding that it could be a couple of years before they break into the team. And possibly only as backup.

As much as it pains me to say it, I really can't see Guardiola joining Chelsea. With our track record in how managers have been treated ... why would he? He could get a job with any team in the world ... why would he choose a team that may show him the door at any moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

G.K. wrote: »
    What about Ramires?

I was really impressed with ramires in the champions league campaign this year, but his strongest position in that 4-2-3-1 setup would be on the wing. As good as he is, I'd pick Hazard and Hulk ahead of him and keep him as a super-sub/rotation starter.

Maybe he'd adapt well to a position behind the main attacking line, but I'm not sure his ball winning and Midfield holding would be up to it.

What are your thoughts on next seasons line up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Ramires is actually a CM, he just had to be used on the wing because there wasn't really anyone else.

My XI would be the following:

Cech, Ivan (Or a new aggressive RB depending on the game), Luiz, Terry/Cahill, Cole, Romeu (Though many prefer Mikel), Ramires/New Creative CM (Depending on game), Mata, Hazard, Hulk, Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Ramires is actually a CM, he just had to be used on the wing because there wasn't really anyone else.

Cech, Ivan (Or a new aggressive RB depending on the game), Luiz, Terry/Cahill, Cole, Romeu (Though many prefer Mikel), Ramires/New Creative CM (Depending on game), Mata, Hazard, Hulk, Torres.

Mikel and Ramires were 2 of our best players last season. It's unbelievable how much Mikel has come on as a player under Di Matteo. Would love to see a line up of

Cech

Ivanovic/New rb--JT
    Luiz
    Cole

Mikel
    Ramires

Hulk
    Mata
    Hazard

Torres/Cavani/Falcao:p

Reserve XI

Courtois

Hutch---- Cahill ---Chabolah----Bertrand

Romeu
    Meireles

Sturridge
    Marin
    De Bruyne

Lukaku

We've actually some squad atm, and I'm sure I've left some out.
    Another good striker and a RB (....and a manager :p) and we could well challenge for the league and CL again.

Piazon!

I think a creative CM is more a priority than another CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Delighted the Hazard deal is finally done and dusted.

Made for a good end to th weekend, even though he was very quiet against England.

I was impressed by Belgium though, they did lack a goal threat, a main CF that was a proper target man but their build up play and inter changing was excellent to a point.

They'll be inthe shake up for qualifiying for the next WC IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Does anybody think Lampard could play DM for us next year? Dont think he has enough pace for the box to box role anymore but he is still a good tackler and comfortable in posession with a great long range distribution. Mikel is grand when Chelsea are super defensive but he slows things too much imho.

My XI for next season

Cech

Ivanovic--JT
    Luiz
    Cole

Lampard
    Ramires

Hulk
    Mata
    Hazard

Torres

Could cause teams big big problems....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

kingtubby wrote: »
    Does anybody think Lampard could play DM for us next year? Dont think he has enough pace for the box to box role anymore but he is still a good tackler and comfortable in posession with a great long range distribution. Mikel is grand when Chelsea are super defensive but he slows things too much imho.

My XI for next season

Cech

Ivanovic--JT
    Luiz
    Cole

Lampard
    Ramires

Hulk
    Mata
    Hazard

Torres

Could cause teams big big problems....
    Your attacking line up makes this Liverpool supporter a very sad panda :(

I think Torres is really going to shine for you this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

we should sign micah richards i've decided

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Spot on. He is a cm who is able to cover out wide.

I think Chelsea have a cracking player in him, and, like yourself, I think that he and Romeu will be a very impressive midfield pairing if given the time to play together.

Who I think would be amazing beside Raimeres and vice versa is Yann M'Vila. He would bring a level of raw strength and defensive quality that surpasses Mikel or Romeu, whilst having far more technical ability than either.

But as a Liverpool supporter I hope not :)

Your attacking line up makes this Liverpool supporter a very sad panda :(

I think Torres is really going to shine for you this year.

Personally I think he has until Janaury to prove he can still put the ball in the net.

I've been one of his biggest defenders as I think he still has it, but hes still missing a little something.

With Hazard, Mata behind him and potentially Hulk he should score for fun.

On the flip side, the new guys, Hazard and Hulk could just be greedy like Sturridge and hinder the team when their not firing on all cyclinders.

• Advertisement

we should sign micah richards i've decided

Really? Ya serious?

Looking at Ivanovic and Richards, both CB/RB I'd take Ivanovic over him.

Ricchards looked like he was going to be the next best thing a few years ago but he hasnt progressed as much, hes still a good option at CB/RB but when we have Ivanovic whos cheaper on wages and no transfer fee I wouldnt ship in Richards, not that Man City would sell IMO.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Spot on. He is a cm who is able to cover out wide.

I think Chelsea have a cracking player in him, and, like yourself, I think that he and Romeu will be a very impressive midfield pairing if given the time to play together.

Who I think would be amazing beside Raimeres and vice versa is Yann M'Vila. He would bring a level of raw strength and defensive quality that surpasses Mikel or Romeu, whilst having far more technical ability than either.

But as a Liverpool supporter I hope not :)

M'Vila will be a beast for whoever he moves to eventually. I fancy France in the Euro's and if M'Vilas injury clears up he'll be a key player for them.

Arsenal have, accoring to nearly all the media outlets, been courting him for a number of months but I'd be surprised if they didnt face competition for his signature if he leaves Rennes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Ivan staying put according to his agent . Good news for us as he's been a great player for us recently and brings passion to the club.
    gavredking wrote: »
    Really? Ya serious?

Looking at Ivanovic and Richards, both CB/RB I'd take Ivanovic over him.

Ricchards looked like he was going to be the next best thing a few years ago but he hasnt progressed as much, hes still a good option at CB/RB but when we have Ivanovic whos cheaper on wages and no transfer fee I wouldnt ship in Richards, not that Man City would sell IMO.

bullpost wrote: »
    Ivan staying put according to his agent . Good news for us as he's been a great player for us recently and brings passion to the club.

Good bit of buisness right there.

I wouldnt get excited about Hulk yet - There seems to be doubt about the accepted fee of 38 million, as Porto want more and we want to pay 30 million apparently, plus the 10% rights have to be sorted out

So watch this space although the player wants to come so thats half the battle!

I wouldnt get excited about Hulk yet - There seems to be doubt about the accepted fee of 38 million, as Porto want more and we want to pay 30 million apparently, plus the 10% rights have to be sorted out

So watch this space although the player wants to come so thats half the battle!

If its coming down to a few million then I'm sure we'll pay it up. :pac:

Its not like we're stuck for cash or anything. :cool:

If its coming down to a few million then I'm sure we'll pay it up. :pac:

Its not like we're stuck for cash or anything. :cool:

No, but with a nod to FPP

http://i.imgur.com/oZkVX.png

and

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/6/5/3063374/on-hulk-and-the-issue-of-spending-wisely-versus-sitting-back-and

makes for interesting reading

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Not convinced about Hulk, haven't seen much of him but when I have, never thought he lived up to the hype.
    If we are spending that type of money, I think Falcao would be a far better option, he's proved that he can do it in both Portugal and Spain.
    However, if we are to splash the cash, I'd love to see us go for Felaini, think he would be a great addition. Powerful midfield operator but also gives an extra goal threat and plenty of energy.

Good detail alright there Sgt. Pepper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

What that really does show is that we have to start getting results from the youth section.

• Advertisement

The players are there, and they get developed well (Look at what Tore, Borini, Stoch etc have doen since going).

It's a matter of using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lukaku and Piazon enter!

(Deja vu post)

Anyone think we'll have much more activity in the transfer market?

Cant see us going after to many more players other then Hulk.

I know we want to see a CM and RB though but there isnt to many great options in terms of value and quality.

The players are there, and they get developed well (Look at what Tore, Borini, Stoch etc have doen since going).

It's a matter of using them.

Always bugged me those guys were never given a good shot Stoch is a fine player Tore did well in a struggling Hamburg side and Borini is in Poland waste really.

Always bugged me those guys were never given a good shot Stoch is a fine player Tore did well in a struggling Hamburg side and Borini is in Poland waste really.

Its always hard to tell how players will develop but we have left one or two through the net alright.

:(

Must be hard been a youth player at Chelsea and realising your chances of getting 1st team football is slim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Anyone think we'll have much more activity in the transfer market?

Cant see us going after to many more players other then Hulk.

Whats the story with Hulk anyway, has it hit a snag? So much talk last week and its quietened down a little now, thought it would be all wrapped up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Don't like these noises from Ivanovic

hopefully he doesn't have his head turned.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7797338/

Don't like these noises from Ivanovic

hopefully he doesn't have his head turned.
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7797338/

Apparently hes on a fairly small contract, something around the £40-50K mark which if true is something I'd be woried about when we have player earning close to £100K.

Cant see him moving anytime soon anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Relax lads the window is not even open yet, we'll get Hulk yet.
    As for Falcou i dont see why we need him unless we are to off load Torres. We have Sturridge as back up and Lukaku if we dont loan him out.
    We need Hulk or a Hulk type player to play on the right forward postion to provide attack and width.

Id also love to see us sign Fellaini. He is a very usefull player that can get around the pitch and play in many positions, perfect replacement for Essien.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

what a day wrote: »
    Relax lads the window is not even open yet, we'll get Hulk yet.
    As for Falcou i dont see why we need him unless we are to off load Torres. We have Sturridge as back up and Lukaku if we dont loan him out.
    We need Hulk or a Hulk type player to play on the right forward postion to provide attack and width.

Id also love to see us sign Fellaini. He is a very usefull player that can get around the pitch and play in many positions, perfect replacement for Essien.

Could be our Yaya Toure

Fact is Ivan has four years left on his contract if anyone wants to buy him then I would assume he would cost north of ST£20M I am not sure who could afford him. I dont disagree with you Gav but isn't it funny ST£40 - 50 a week is a small contract - the worlds gone mad ha ha.

On another note bad form if true Chelsea will not allow Courtois to play in the Super cup as condition of his extended loan to AM. Why not are we not confident of winning if he plays, if not why is he on loan and not at the Bridge fighting it out with Petr. The idea of going on loan is gain experience this would be wonderful experience for him.

Ivan will cost a huge sum and i can only see Real Madrid and maybe PSG spending enough to get hold of him. TBH if we got at least 20m that could finance a good right back id allow Ivan to leave.

Ivan would be my first choice RB at the moment but would be 4th choice CB behind Terry Cahill and Luiz. Thats 3 top CBs plus we have Hutch and i Think Chalobha is almost ready to play a part in some first team action already.

We still have lots of players to offload this summer which will reduce our net spend over next season.
    Malouda, Essien, Ferreira, Yossi plus another one or two reserves to all leave.

Lads i dont have any access here in work but im looking forward to this Next gen series next season. Brilliant idea and should be great to see not only our own players of the future but also at other clubs like Barca, Arsenal, Ajax etc.

Any one have an idea when it starts and who will have TV rights?
    Will CTV show all our games live?

Fact is Ivan has four years left on his contract if anyone wants to buy him then I would assume he would cost north of ST£20M I am not sure who could afford him. I dont disagree with you Gav but isn't it funny ST£40 - 50 a week is a small contract - the worlds gone mad ha ha.

On another note bad form if true Chelsea will not allow Courtois to play in the Super cup as condition of his extended loan to AM. Why not are we not confident of winning if he plays, if not why is he on loan and not at the Bridge fighting it out with Petr. The idea of going on loan is gain experience this would be wonderful experience for him.

Generally loan players rarely if ever paly against their parent club. TBH, I wouldnt see the point in not allowing him to play, its just a glorified chairty shield anyway so might aswell let him play.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Lads i dont have any access here in work but im looking forward to this Next gen series next season. Brilliant idea and should be great to see not only our own players of the future but also at other clubs like Barca, Arsenal, Ajax etc.

Any one have an idea when it starts and who will have TV rights?
    Will CTV show all our games live?

The groups for next season's NextGen Series, the European competition showcasing football's finest young stars, have now been announced, and we have been drawn in Group Three, alongside Ajax, CSKA Moscow and Molde FK.
    The tournament, which features the likes of Barcelona, Juventus and last season's winners, Inter Milan, sees 24 teams go head-to-head in a bid to secure the coveted Next Gen trophy.
    Next season will be the first time we have competed in the tournament, and Neil Bath, our Academy manager, has spoken previously of the invaluable experience our young players will gain from competing against the best young talent Europe has to offer.
    The six Groups for the NextGen Series 2012/13 are:
    Group One: Barcelona, Tottenham Hotspur, Olympiacos, Vfl Wolfsburg.
    Group Two: Manchester City, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Fenerbahce.
    Group Three: Chelsea , Ajax, CSKA Moscow, Molde FK.
    Group Four: Arsenal, Athletic Bilbao, Olympique de Marseille, Anderlecht.
    Group Five: Liverpool, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Rosenborg BK.
    Group Six: Sporting Clube de Portugal, Celtic, Aston Villa, PSV Eindhoven.

Looks like its on ESPN, but cant find any dates and the ticket info is blank on the website

Generally loan players rarely if ever paly against their parent club. TBH, I wouldnt see the point in not allowing him to play, its just a glorified chairty shield anyway so might aswell let him play.

Does not normally apply to European competition.

amiable wrote: »

Too old I reckon, good player but not what we need, he'd be like Belletti, a good option for a season or two IMO.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Setanta have it as far as I know

Ahh yeah.........i nearly forgot :p

1271911686-20052012000056.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement