Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

what a day wrote: »
    Ahh yeah.........i nearly forgot :p

1271911686-20052012000056.jpg

He was blocked by the queen on sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

tigger123 wrote: »
    As much as it pains me to say it, I really can't see Guardiola joining Chelsea. With our track record in how managers have been treated ... why would he? He could get a job with any team in the world ... why would he choose a team that may show him the door at any moment.
    It's all rank speculation at this stage. Guardiola has his choice of country and club.

Having said that, if it is to be an English team, I think Chelsea is the best opportunity for him. It was notable that Hazard said Man U were in for him, but that CFC had the better project. Just speculating, but that might be a signal that Guardiola is not headed Man U's way. Maybe the Glazer debt situation is too much of a drag on the club's prospects for the next few seasons. And maybe Manchester is a step too far as an environment after Barcelona. Guardiola is a bit of a Renaissance man, and I think London would be far more his speed.

Nope, I think RA is seriously in for Guardiola and will give him what he needs. Including time!! The UCL changes everything. That obsession has now been lifted from RA.

Now I'm not a betting man. But I'd say CFC's chances of landing Guardiola are very substantial. Say 30%.

Speculation you say? - coming right up! :D

Edinson Cavani has confirmed in Uruguay that Chelsea are interested in him. And he said he would like to play for us. Superb striker.

Original source (in spanish): http://www.subrayado....aspx?NiD=12943

1.In interview to Sport Bild,Thomas Mueller confirmed to have received so far offers from different teams,amongst he named Chelsea and Inter
    2.Javi Martinez, who was on Radio Marca earlier.I'm a bit of a Chelsea fan, because Fernando Torres plays there.
    3. Edinson Cavani has apparently 'confirmed interest from Chelsea' and would like to play in England.
    What is going on?what a difference winning champions league makes!Agreed all these are rumors/speculations,but can all the three be baseless?I wish someone could translate that cavani interview!
    link: http://www.weaintgot...ransfer-rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Speculation you say? - coming right up! :D

Edinson Cavani has confirmed in Uruguay that Chelsea are interested in him. And he said he would like to play for us. Superb striker.

Original source (in spanish): http://www.subrayado....aspx?NiD=12943

1.In interview to Sport Bild,Thomas Mueller confirmed to have received so far offers from different teams,amongst he named Chelsea and Inter
    2.Javi Martinez, who was on Radio Marca earlier.I'm a bit of a Chelsea fan, because Fernando Torres plays there.
    3. Edinson Cavani has apparently 'confirmed interest from Chelsea' and would like to play in England.
    What is going on?what a difference winning champions league makes!Agreed all these are rumors/speculations,but can all the three be baseless?I wish someone could translate that cavani interview!
    link: http://www.weaintgot...ransfer-rumours

Christ its my fm2011 team coming together! Hahahaha, brilliant.

V9 wrote: »

You want FM?

.........................Torres/Cavani
    Marin/Malouda----Hazard/Mata----Hulk/Sturridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

You want FM?

Weak out both left and right. Cavani won't leave Napoli for Chelsea, not even in FM.

Yossi's going to announce his future

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7798188/

Shame he never got a chance to play for us really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Yossi's going to announce his future

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7798188/

Shame he never got a chance to play for us really

Not really the same anticipation or excitement of Hazards announcement is it!? :pac:

You want FM?

Weak out both left and right. Cavani won't leave Napoli for Chelsea, not even in FM.

Got cavani for 28m. Sold malouda the second I started and replaced him with hazard and munion from bilbao. Quality on the left.

Anyway. I'd like javi to sign if we lost Essien but I'm quite high on fellaini. Think he'd boss the midfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lots of reports suggesting that robbie will get the job. I really really hope so. 90% of his job is done because he already has the players onside which as we have seen is vital if you want to be successful at chelsea and he has proved himself capable of winning trophies and motivating the players. The perfect man for the job. Looking forward to the new season already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

chelsea_away_leak.jpg

New away kit. Official Site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

chelsea_away_leak.jpg

New away kit. Official Site

Thats shite.

I actually didnt mind our away jersey last year and I liked the 3rd kit but thats poor IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That seems very similar to City's away strip. If i recall it was white and had a similar diagonal stripe....stripe could have been black.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

RDM has really played this one well you have to say, wasn't sure that he should get it full time but he is as bright as a button you would have to say. After the last game played his golf went on his holliers said nothing to nobody that I am aware of. No doubt working away in the background but played the party line other wise.

I hope he does get the job now, she who must be obeyed will also be happy as she has a bit of a thing for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Horrid strip IMO. I love our White and yellow kit from last season plus our home kit. they are the two nicest in quite some time.

I have to say i read the same when Hazard mentioned the best "Project" at Chelsea. When i read that its obvious the club told him what they plan on doing and by Romans standards that has to big.

I dont think we are finished signing players even if we do get Hulk aswell. We need one or two more midfielders and a right back. We are still carring dead weight IMO and we will look to renew the wasters with fresh young hungry players.

While we are on FM here is my take:

Hazard/Marin Torres/Sturridge ??????

Mata/Lampard Mikel/???? Ramires/??????

Cole/Bertrand Terry/Luiz Cahill/Hutch Ivan/????

Our right side is our weakest in terms of strength in dept

Out:
    In:
    Essien
    Fellaini
    Malouda
    Hulk
    Yossi
    Modric
    Ferreira
    Van der Wiel

:p

Kirby wrote: »
    That seems very similar to City's away strip. If i recall it was white and had a similar diagonal stripe....stripe could have been black.

That City one from 2 seasons ago had a black & red strip.

From the internet it seems like it was City's 3rd choice jersey as their away one that year was a Navy jersey.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnrlpw66088nySjxWddBu_oSPwRzGg0HDy_K9Z4HEKuHlAcvY-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I actually like the jersey I'm probably the only one though ha

Lads if Robbie gets the job do ya think there's any chance of him bringing Steve Clarke back ? Defensively we were brilliant when he was with us.

Clarke apparently going to be boss of the baggies so unlikely, beisdes Clarke left us twice now so let him be (good coach and all as I think he is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I keep changing my mind on the jersey but what keeps getting me is not only is it a bad design but why did they use light blue?

nah dont like it no no no.

• Advertisement

but if you look at it here it doesnt look so bad

blah i dunno

why couldnt they have gone plain white with the blue trim with no stripe

I really like that white kit. Guess I'm the only one judging by peoples reaction here:pac:

Loving the fellaini rumours, class player. No point in getting another midfielder unless we off load essien and yossi. It's sad to see but essien is not the player he used to be, we need to replace him IMO. Mikel was excellent under RDM so hopefully that continues.

still think we should keep essien another season.

never know might make a comeback

I Think its time to ditch Essien, he has not been the player we know he can be for the last two seasons now. I think we should cash in while we can. We already had Ramires to take his place and with Mikel and Oriel showing promise i think we will be fine. Id still love to get Fellaini though and move on Essien and Meireles.

I know we would not be in huge need for Fellaini but he is an awsome player and could be very usefull any where on the pitch.
    Plus imagine a defensive double in midfield with Fellaini and Luiz :eek:

what a day wrote: »
    I know we would not be in huge need for Fellaini but he is an awsome player and could be very usefull any where on the pitch.
    Plus imagine a defensive double in midfield with Fellaini and Luiz :eek:

That will leave us missing a good CB and dropping Ramires/Mikel/Lamps.

We wont see Luiz thrown into DM even though he'd be fairly good there I reckon.

• Advertisement

I think its fine as well much better than the wannabe Spurs yoke we have at the moment I just hate that. It reminds me so much of Spurs shirts it aint funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

First thing I thought of when I saw that Chelsea away kit was Marseille

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Same here:pac:
    So whats the transfer rumours?whtas the issue with Hulks proposed move?
    Any news about Falcao/Cavani or a new RB?

I think Hulk is on international duty with Brazil so I'd imagine he needs to fly in for a medical. Similar to the hold up on the Hazard transfer. It seems a formality.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Loving the fellaini rumours, class player. No point in getting another midfielder unless we off load essien and yossi. It's sad to see but essien is not the player he used to be, we need to replace him IMO. Mikel was excellent under RDM so hopefully that continues.

Way over priced at 20 million - much prefer M'Vila

• Advertisement

I kinda like the away shirt. Kit is lovely as a whole with the black socks. I'll pick it up for the birthday next month. Hopefully the hulk deal will be done and dusted so I can get his name on the back.

EDIT:

The new training range is also up on the club shop site. Its absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

That kit looks ok, its not great though. I love the away kit last season (black with blue squares), but I hated the third kit.

The thing is Everton paid around 16 mill for him so I'd doubt he'll go unless it's for more than what they paid.

M'Vila is excellent though

If M'Vila makes a big impression at the Euro's his price will go up.

I think he'll be integral to the French side and they'll win the Euro's, in saying that I'd still love to see him in the EPL.

gavredking wrote: »
    If M'Vila makes a big impression at the Euro's his price will go up.

I think he'll be integral to the French side and they'll win the Euro's, in saying that I'd still love to see him in the EPL.

He's injured for their first game so I'd say there will be doubts over his fitness for a couple of weeks.

amiable wrote: »
    He's injured for their first game so I'd say there will be doubts over his fitness for a couple of weeks.

Hes definetly missing the first game ya?

He'll be a big loss for them if he doesnt play in the tournament or even if he misses a big chunk of it.

Hes definetly missing the first game ya?

He'll be a big loss for them if he doesnt play in the tournament or even if he misses a big chunk of it.

They could be playing mind games but it looks like he's out of the English game.
    I think Cabaye is due to play

I really fear for JT - the injurys keep coming and coming. Is on eof the kids good enough to step up or would we have to buy?

In fact, thats the worry about fans calling for new faces - they could block the kids. I'm still hoping Lucas Piazon plays a part, even with the signing of Hazard, and possibly Hulk and a right back

I havent seen M'vila but iv heard a lot about him including is price. Arsenal have supposidly been tracking him for a while now but wont pay the asking price. As mentined above if he is as good as made out to be no doubt his price will rise after the euros and would at least match fellainis asking price. Plus Fellaini is PL proven and would get on well with his fellow Belgians.

I reckon Fellaini could be bought for 25m mark
    D'Mvila would cost at least 20m ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Looks like the Battersea option is gone, shame would have been a real iconic stadium

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18352786

• Advertisement

Sturridge heavily linked with a return to Man City

15m and they can have em. If he does go, that means we would be in the market for another striking backup along with lukaku. No point in even mentioning the young lads coz they won't get a look in.

Id like us to hold on to Sturridge and play him trough the middle. I reckon he could be brilliant but i do fear for his ego and people ill advising him.

If he goes back to City who place will he take? He aint gonna get infront of Aguero and i feel he will have a better chance of getting in front of Torres. Next season he wont be relyed on to play on the right because hopefully we will have hulk.

Having said all that i do think he is all for himself and not the club so for that reason i would be willing to part ways but only if we got at least 18m for him :P

If we do let him go we will need to replace him. Id be happy with Schurrle.

growler wrote: »
    Looks like the Battersea option is gone, shame would have been a real iconic stadium

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18352786

Well feck it anyway.

Would have been a good move for us too I reckon.

Greedy and over rated I think RDM saw through him. If RDM gets the job he will likely want to go and if he does at least ST£15M and dont stand in his way.

Greedy and over rated I think RDM saw through him. If RDM gets the job he will likely want to go and if he does at least ST£15M and dont stand in his way.

TBF to Sturridge he should have went to the Euro's ahead of Welbeck.

I think hes a good player but he still needs guidance. If Lukaku didnt get game time in his position then Sturridge was always going to struggle for time through the middle.

growler wrote: »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-18352786[/QUOTE]

Good news for NAMA (and the Irish tax payer I guess). Nay Chelsea are not a South London team so not bothered at all.

Greedy yes but you need that in a striker.

Overrated I dont think so. He's being played out of position at chelsea. We saw he was able to score goals at bolton and he made was joint top in terms of premiership goals with Frank. And third overall with drogba scoring the second most next to frank.

I think he should be given the chance in to play as the main striker in a central role for chelsea before he's judged as overrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

TBF to Sturridge he should have went to the Euro's ahead of Welbeck.

I think hes a good player but he still needs guidance. If Lukaku didnt get game time in his position then Sturridge was always going to struggle for time through the middle.

Disagree. I think welbeck is a better player and besides from that, he had much better form in the second half of the season.

• Advertisement

Greedy yes but you need that in a striker.

Overrated I dont think so. He's being played out of position at chelsea. We saw he was able to score goals at bolton and he made was joint top in terms of premiership goals with Frank. And third overall with drogba scoring the second most next to frank.

I think he should be given the chance in to play as the main striker in a central role for chelsea before he's judged as overrated.

A bit of greed in a striker is a must but Studge has way too much of it. And what is worse is the more he played the greedier he got. He does not seem to be learning and there also seems to be a bit of a clash there with RDM so if he gets the job Studge will be gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement