Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

V9 wrote: »
    15m and they can have em. If he does go, that means we would be in the market for another striking backup along with lukaku. No point in even mentioning the young lads coz they won't get a look in.

What? :eek: he was our best striker last season, joint top scorer with Lamps with 11 goals and 3 assists in the league. Played out of position, missed the first 3 games due to suspension and counts as Homegrown.

The selfish tag is one that just needs some coaching on when to shoot and when to pass.

We dont need to spend stupid money on a new striker to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

There is no doubt a lot of greed in Danny but we all know he can be quality and id just like him to be given a chance in front of goal. I also think he was unlucky to miss out on the eEuros but that was due to the fact he was left on the bench for the closing end of our season were Welbeck had his best chances with Utd. Two top players and little between them IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

V9 wrote: »
    15m and they can have em. If he does go, that means we would be in the market for another striking backup along with lukaku. No point in even mentioning the young lads coz they won't get a look in.

What? :eek: he was our best striker last season, joint top scorer with Lamps with 11 goals and 3 assists in the league. Played out of position, missed the first 3 games due to suspension and counts as Homegrown.

The selfish tag is one that just needs some coaching on when to shoot and when to pass.

We dont need to spend stupid money on a new striker to replace him

Don't get me wrong, I was a staunch supporter of sturridge last season when everyone said he was ****e, but if he is gonna warm the bench next season, he will not be a bit happy. He is also on moderate wage and if we got someone on backup at a lower wage plus got 10 plus million for him it would be financially sound.

If from the clubs perspective they are indeed looking at Cavani or Falcao, they would want to let one striker go to free up wages and have the extra few quid to add on to the bid. Another view is possibly they will keep studge and let lukaku go on loan which leaves us with two strikers and will probably use piazon more as 3rd choice/cup duty striker.

Or even another view, they are bringing in hulk to act as that backup striker if lukaku goes on loan and have sturridge 3rd choice.

Either way he won't be playing week in and week out and if not the summer but maybe in January he could seek a transfer, and we would get half the money, or nothing at all if he leaves on a free next year. Which is no good, we have let too many players go on frees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just seen another few pics of our away jersey.......its kind of growing on me, theres a shot which show the stripes on the sleeves fading from light blue (like the stripe in the middle of the jersey) to a darker blue/black towards the collar.

It may look better in the flesh so will wait until see one in a shop.

On a side note, anybody see United's new home jersey. :eek:

G.K. wrote: »
    Disagree. I think welbeck is a better player and besides from that, he had much better form in the second half of the season.

I agree Welbeck had a better second half of the season, mainly down to RDM coming in and playing Ramires on the right, which was at times a great plan and it worked, other times, it wasnt working.

Welbeck has a great nack of finsihing nearly 9/10 chances and makes excellent runs off the ball coupled with good movement.

Danny is better on the ball and marginally quicker, hes showed a few times hes a good finisher but behiond Welbeck IMO, he can be very frustrating and take to much out of the ball and hes woefully one footed.

At the moment I think its close between them and the next 2 , 3 seasons should see whos a better player overall but if we factor in everything I'd begrudingly say Welbeck was just marginally the better player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

gavredking wrote: »
    Just seen another few pics of our away jersey.......its kind of growing on me, theres a shot which show the stripes on the sleeves fading from light blue (like the stripe in the middle of the jersey) to a darker blue/black towards the collar.

It may look better in the flesh so will wait until see one in a shop.

On a side note, anybody see United's new home jersey. :eek:

I quite like our new away one. Just has a peek at ManU's hmmm looks like my grannys table cloth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Just heard on rte news Chelsea fc interested in purchasing The former Irish glass bottler site in the docklands, anyone know why ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Wigans Moses claims in a give me football article that ourselves and Liverpool are interested in him.

What do ya think? Wouldn't say no, good player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Kevin De Bruyne on a year long loan to Southampton apparently. Good move for everyone if true imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea fc on Twitter are saying that Kevin's account on Twitter is a fake, just in case any of ye Twitter eagles are following him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Just heard on rte news Chelsea fc interested in purchasing The former Irish glass bottler site in the docklands, anyone know why ?

:confused:

amiable wrote: »
    Kevin De Bruyne on a year long loan to Southampton apparently. Good move for everyone if true imo

Definetly, EPL experience is vital for him to show what he can do, potentially more game time to be had there also.

Hoping Lukaku can get game time with us now we have only 3 strikers in the 1st team.

I would really prefer if no decisions were made regarding loans until after the US trip. These guys were expensive why not give them a chance to establish themselves in our team.

I would really prefer if no decisions were made regarding loans until after the US trip. These guys were expensive why not give them a chance to establish themselves in our team.

Well if we do sign Hulk I think we'll have enough players to play wide.

You'd assume it would be Hazard, Mata, Hulk, Sturridge, Ramires, De Bruyne in order of priority to play wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Sorry if this has been posted already but Chelsea reserves will play Dundalk on August 14th. Decent pricing too

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-v-chelsea-xi-august-14th

I can see your point Gav and dont disagree, I would just love to see them given a fair crack of the whip. I think Ram is wasted on the right mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I dunno I think rambo is useful on the right has a bit of skill and the pace to beat players. Sure thats where he played for benfica.

Still though driving runs into the penalty area from centre were quality last year won us a few pens and chipped in with some goals last year

For what its worth, when we had Ramires and Ivanovic at RM/RB together we were fairly strong. Ramires has a natural tendency to work his way inside form the right, which is good is you have Bosingwa going on the over lap but Ivanovic wasnt as likely to do it as Bos.

I think Ramries done a fine job out right but if we put him insdie with Mikel/Lamps/Romeu he'd be very good, his energy and stamina are second to none and he covers the ground with ease.

Hes a perfect squad player as he could play a number of positions, remember his goal against Barca came as he was playing RB. ;)

All in all Ram is a fine player. I remember one of his first games for us getting levered off the ball against City I think and wondered if this guy had the strength for the premier. I really could not have been more wrong he just needed to settle and get to grips with the game. I am not sure of his ability to say beat people and get to the byline for a cross (and yes his cross for Drogs goal against Napoli and the first leg against Barca were great but not typical right wing play), but his energy and stamina are second to none and he is very brave and a fine eye for a pass.

The goal against Barca was certainly one of the goals of the season I still dont know quite how he managed that.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been posted already but Chelsea reserves will play Dundalk on August 14th. Decent pricing too

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-v-chelsea-xi-august-14th
    Interesting!
    Do I smell a Chelsea Boardsie night out in Dundalk?!:pac:

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Interesting!
    Do I smell a Chelsea Boardsie night out in Dundalk?!:pac:

Chelsea Boardsie night yaaaay

Dundalk, naaaaay

:pac: :p

All in all Ram is a fine player. I remember one of his first games for us getting levered off the ball against City I think and wondered if this guy had the strength for the premier. I really could not have been more wrong he just needed to settle and get to grips with the game. I am not sure of his ability to say beat people and get to the byline for a cross (and yes his cross for Drogs goal against Napoli and the first leg against Barca were great but not typical right wing play), but his energy and stamina are second to none and he is very brave and a fine eye for a pass.

The goal against Barca was certainly one of the goals of the season I still dont know quite how he managed that.
    #Any excuse to post this.

I can see your point Gav and dont disagree, I would just love to see them given a fair crack of the whip. I think Ram is wasted on the right mind you.

Sending a young player on loan to another EPL club isn't exactly punishment for someone like De Bruyne.
    It gives him a chance to get used to the league without the pressures of playing for one of the top teams in the league.
    It's a no brainer IMHO and this is a decision being made for his developement not to get him off the books.

#Any excuse to post this.

[/YOUTUBE]

You would swear he was scoring those kind of goals week in week out, gem of a finish!

Chelsea Boardsie night yaaaay

Dundalk, naaaaay

:pac: :p

Pfft! Dundalk is about an hour away from Dublin on the bus, game in Dundalk night out in Dublin!

Pfft! Dundalk is about an hour away from Dublin on the bus, game in Dundalk night out in Dublin!

What about us poor culchies from the shhhticks? :pac:

Drive to Dublin, bus to Dundalk, bus back to Dublin?

I'd be up for it if we got a few to go, its my birthday the week after so could make excuses for a birthday piss up also :P

Sending a young player on loan to another EPL club isn't exactly punishment for someone like De Bruyne.
    It gives him a chance to get used to the league without the pressures of playing for one of the top teams in the league.
    It's a no brainer IMHO and this is a decision being made for his developement not to get him off the books.

The experience would stand to him to. At the moment, we're not sure how De Bruyne will do, although he showed glimpses of good play in the UCL, loaning him to a promotion team would give him games he'd never get here and let us know next year hwo good he is.

What about us poor culchies from the shhhticks? :pac:

Drive to Dublin, bus to Dundalk, bus back to Dublin?

I'd be up for it if we got a few to go, its my birthday the week after so could make excuses for a birthday piss up also :P

I'd be coming up from Galway!:pac:
    Bus Galway to Dublin, few pints, bus to Dundalk, few pints, match, few pints, bus back down to Dublin, few pints, boards meet up, one scoobied Panthro!! And then bus home in the morning!
    I think it should be organized, tis your birthday the weekend after in fairness. Its only right that its celebrated!

I'd be coming up from Galway!:pac:
    Bus Galway to Dublin, few pints, bus to Dundalk, few pints, match, few pints, bus back down to Dublin, few pints, boards meet up, one scoobied Panthro!! And then bus home in the morning!
    I think it should be organized, tis your birthday the weekend after in fairness. Its only right that its celebrated!

Interesting proposition alright. A " few " pints is very non-specific, I'd say replace the word few with copious. :pac:

Wouldnt be to expensive really, given its a Tuesday night, one to keep an eye on. Wonder how many Chelsea fans will make the trip.

• Advertisement

I've stuck a thread up in the Chelsea group so see how it goes I guess.
    Chelsea looking at Roberto of Barca according to the Daily Mail, another mention of a buy back clause too.

I've stuck a thread up in the Chelsea group so see how it goes I guess.
    Chelsea looking at Roberto of Barca according to the Daily Mail, another mention of a buy back clause too.

Surprised with the Roberto mention they didnt throw in a Pep reference and buying Barca players definetly means we're getting Pep.

;) :rolleyes:

I dont know where you got punishment or getting off the books from I certainly mentioned neither.

From what I saw of De Bruyne in the champions league he is good enough to challenge for a place in our side, if things go to plan next season (and we have to plan that they will) we will play well in excess of 60 games. We saw this season that relying on the same group of players week in week out is difficult to say the least.

So are you saying De Bruyne playing lets say 15 games for us and training with our quality of players, coaching and facilities are going to hinder his development. So this is very far from being a no brainer

I dont know where you got punishment or getting off the books from I certainly mentioned neither.

From what I saw of De Bruyne in the champions league he is good enough to challenge for a place in our side, if things go to plan next season (and we have to plan that they will) we will play well in excess of 60 games. We saw this season that relying on the same group of players week in week out is difficult to say the least.

So are you saying De Bruyne playing lets say 15 games for us and training with our quality of players, coaching and facilities are going to hinder his development. So this is very far from being a no brainer

It's not that difficult. If he is indeed being sent to Southampton on loan it's to aid his development. They have professionals to decide these things and I doubt they reference boards on such decisions.
    You seemed to question why he isn't getting a chance at Chelsea. Hence my reference to punishment and off the books. Again not that difficult to understand.

I have to say from the few matchs i saw of De Bruyne i would rather we sent him on loan to a PL team. I dont think he is ready to replace any of our players at the moment and would be best playing with a club that will offer him more game time. As for Lukaku and McEachran they are both on par with Bertrand. Both are ready to play for us but at the moment they should get more game time with another club.

Talk of Utd getting Modric for 25m plus add ons. Thats a steal if you ask me! Id bite their hands off for that price. Would be an improvement on both Meireles and Yossi which we could then move on to compensate for Modrics transfare fee. Mata Modric and Mikel would be a awsome 3 man midfield.

what a day wrote: »
    I have to say from the few matchs i saw of De Bruyne i would rather we sent him on loan to a PL team. I dont think he is ready to replace any of our players at the moment and would be best playing with a club that will offer him more game time. As for Lukaku and McEachran they are both on par with Bertrand. Both are ready to play for us but at the moment they should get more game time with another club.

Talk of Utd getting Modric for 25m plus add ons. Thats a steal if you ask me! Id bite their hands off for that price. Would be an improvement on both Meireles and Yossi which we could then move on to compensate for Modrics transfare fee. Mata Modric and Mikel would be a awsome 3 man midfield.

Mikel would have a LOT of defensive work if he was thrown into DM with Modric and Mata ahead of him. :pac:

Mata would be lsot playing so deep and I think him and Modric would really try and occupy the same spaces.

• Advertisement

It's not that difficult. If he is indeed being sent to Southampton on loan it's to aid his development. They have professionals to decide these things and I doubt they reference boards on such decisions.
    You seemed to question why he isn't getting a chance at Chelsea. Hence my reference to punishment and off the books. Again not that difficult to understand.

Again I repeat I have made no reference to any of the points made above so I fail to see the relevance of any point you make, if indeed you make any point at all.

Do the professionals at Chelsea (or any club for that matter) refer to boards before they make a decision, dont be stupid. There has been all types of speculation on here on who we should buy and who we should sell I doubt very much Roman logs on to see what to do next, I have to say that is a very petty comment on your part.

I would have thought boards are for discussion and sharing ones opinion with others, with regard to the (sometimes) wild speculation on here what is the harm in people putting forward their views. It is my view that outside of the long term loans already agreed it would be preferable to wait until after the US tour before deciding on any more. That is my opinion, it is not advice to Roman, RDM, Eddie or anyone else for that matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Again I repeat I have made no reference to any of the points made above so I fail to see the relevance of any point you make, if indeed you make any point at all.

Do the professionals at Chelsea (or any club for that matter) refer to boards before they make a decision, dont be stupid. There has been all types of speculation on here on who we should buy and who we should sell I doubt very much Roman logs on to see what to do next, I have to say that is a very petty comment on your part.

I would have thought boards are for discussion and sharing ones opinion with others, with regard to the (sometimes) wild speculation on here what is the harm in people putting forward their views. It is my view that outside of the long term loans already agreed it would be preferable to wait until after the US tour before deciding on any more. That is my opinion, it is not advice to Roman, RDM, Eddie or anyone else for that matter.
    OK genius

Mikel would have a LOT of defensive work if he was thrown into DM with Modric and Mata ahead of him. :pac:

Mata would be lsot playing so deep and I think him and Modric would really try and occupy the same spaces.

Thats Mikels role. Modric often plays deep as a play maker for Spurs and allows Van der Vaart to occupy the hole or attacking midfielder.
    Mata plays attacking midfield brilliantly IMO and its his best position, great a linking up and a creating space for the forwards.

Modric doing the Xavi role
    Mata doing the Inesta role
    Hazard as our Messi :D

Thats Mikels role. Modric often plays deep as a play maker for Spurs and allows Van der Vaart to occupy the hole or attacking midfielder.
    Mata plays attacking midfield brilliantly IMO and its his best position, great a linking up and a creating space for the forwards.

Modric doing the Xavi role
    Mata doing the Inesta role
    Hazard as our Messi :D

Problem with that is though, we dont have Xavi, Iniesta & Messi. :P

So you would want to play a 4-1-2-2-1 or 4-3-3?

Could be :
    x
    x----x---x
    x
    x
    ----x
    x
    x
    x
    x

I cant see Mata, Hazard and Hulk doing any defensive work of note.

Modric gets away with playing deep as Parker usually breaks up play and hes more energetic then Mikel.

It could work, it would be a nice headache to have anyway for our manager, whiever he maybe at this time. :pac:

• Advertisement

That formation is spot on Gav. Yeah play a 4-3-3.
    Id Play it like a mirror image of Barca at the moment and have Mata on the right and Modric on the left because it allows Mata to shoot on his good foot and frees up the left for Hazard to cut in and Cole to over lap.

just like Barca but they attack more on their right side with Alves overlaping and Xavi droping deep allowing Sanchez/Messi to cut in from the right on to their prefered left foot.

Just watch when we get Pep on board :D

OK genius

I thank you for recognising this fact

That formation is spot on Gav. Yeah play a 4-3-3.
    Id Play it like a mirror image of Barca at the moment and have Mata on the right and Modric on the left because it allows Mata to shoot on his good foot and frees up the left for Hazard to cut in and Cole to over lap.

just like Barca but they attack more on their right side with Alves overlaping and Xavi droping deep allowing Sanchez/Messi to cut in from the right on to their prefered left foot.

Just watch when we get Pep on board :D

So if we dont get Modric and Hulk who will play in these positions? :pac:

Lmps/Ramires and Marin/De Bruyne?

Amiable , grumpmunster, pick your weapon of choice

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTchR2xYHUYn0ySeaG6hX3wmw33tiIhyQ23UmmUQC_x2prnhi9bMQ

:pac:

Amiable , grumpmunster, pick your weapon of choice

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTchR2xYHUYn0ySeaG6hX3wmw33tiIhyQ23UmmUQC_x2prnhi9bMQ

:pac:

I choose the pink one with the black handles, sort of go with a really cool Stade France rugby jersey I have, but if you have a pink and silver one that's mineicon6.gif

So if we dont get Modric and Hulk who will play in these positions? :pac:

Lmps/Ramires and Marin/De Bruyne?

Good man gav, leave the hand bags at home lads!

If we dont get Hulk (which we will ;)) we will have to get another winger/wide forward. Id imagine we could go for some one like Willian/Di Maria or even Johnson. That will fill the hole untill Hulk eventually comes.

As for Modric im sure we will have to make due with Lamps. Marin and De Bryune are too suited to playing further forward.

With these players we will have awsome strenght in dept even if we do off load Meireles Malouda Yossi and even Essien.

Here take a gander at this............i have a really boring job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    @ChelseaYouth
    Story developing in Belgium that yet another of their contingent is Chelsea-bound. This time it's Charly Musonda: http://bit.ly/JQr0Yb #CFC

Any info on age/what position he plays?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

15 and hes a centre back i read

just leave him where he is tbh get more games

I choose the pink one with the black handles, sort of go with a really cool Stade France rugby jersey I have, but if you have a pink and silver one that's mineicon6.gif

:eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSoNw2HoLQjqKDgn0Hx3vwq9OKO2ecf7TCQT_AhU70M9XSsMY9qw

:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement