Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

gavredking wrote: »
    :eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSoNw2HoLQjqKDgn0Hx3vwq9OKO2ecf7TCQT_AhU70M9XSsMY9qw

:D

StadeFrancaisASSRugby0708.gif

cant tell me that ain't cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

StadeFrancaisASSRugby0708.gif

cant tell me that ain't cool

It's nice, but wouldnt go with your pink big TBH. :pac:

Could end up like this lot.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2-9EcCY5Gd_vA_q5g-aZATbXEhY8kP4LsLULFsVSoBPbH6urk

:P

Ah Argentina have no style I would carry it off ha ha.

Talk about wild speculation according to wiki and the Stun ManU have Luca Modric

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Modri%C4%87

Luka Modrić (pronounced [ˈluːka ˈmɔːdritɕ], born 9 September 1985) is a Croatian footballer who plays for Manchester united and for the Croatia national team.Before he was trained as a player,he was a newspaper collecter

Modrić's childhood coincided with the Croatian War of Independence. After showing promise in hometown club Zadar's youth team, he was signed by Dinamo Zagreb as a teenager in 2002. His professional career began with loan spells at Zrinjski Mostar and Inter Zaprešić.[2] While he was playing for GNK Dinamo Zagreb, they won three consecutive league titles[3] and several domestic cups, with Modrić named Prva HNL "Player of the Year" in 2007.[4]

He moved to the Premier League in 2008 and has since achieved significant success with the Spurs. He was one of the leading forces of the Croatian national team at the Euro 2008.
    Mind you according to the Express he used to play for ManU before

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/325333

Now with the new season ahead it seems Modric will return to his old side. He however will have to wait for a full decision on the move until after the Euros.

Talk about wild speculation according to wiki and the Stun ManU have Luca Modric

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Modri%C4%87

Luka Modrić (pronounced [ˈluːka ˈmɔːdritɕ], born 9 September 1985) is a Croatian footballer who plays for Manchester united and for the Croatia national team.Before he was trained as a player,he was a newspaper collecter

Modrić's childhood coincided with the Croatian War of Independence. After showing promise in hometown club Zadar's youth team, he was signed by Dinamo Zagreb as a teenager in 2002. His professional career began with loan spells at Zrinjski Mostar and Inter Zaprešić.[2] While he was playing for GNK Dinamo Zagreb, they won three consecutive league titles[3] and several domestic cups, with Modrić named Prva HNL "Player of the Year" in 2007.[4]

He moved to the Premier League in 2008 and has since achieved significant success with the Spurs. He was one of the leading forces of the Croatian national team at the Euro 2008.Mind you according to the Express he used to play for ManU before

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/325333

Now with the new season ahead it seems Modric will return to his old side. He however will have to wait for a full decision on the move until after the Euros.

What I love from that article in the Express below :
    Chelsea had previously shown interest in the midfielder but the Croatian said at the time he had no intention of quitting Spurs.

Yaaaaa, thats EXACTLY what he said last year. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

A nothing story made up by a journalist who knows nothing about the facts! It would be pretty poor business from spurs to accept 25 million for him after turning down an alleged 40 million from us.

What I love from that article in the Express below :

Yaaaaa, thats EXACTLY what he said last year. ;)

Yea its a super piece of reporting imagine using the Stun as you source, God preserve us. Also dont you just love the way it contradicts itself moving from ManU pipping Chelsea to ManU have bid.

There is hope for us all yet.

what a day wrote: »
    Good man gav, leave the hand bags at home lads!

If we dont get Hulk (which we will ;)) we will have to get another winger/wide forward. Id imagine we could go for some one like Willian/Di Maria or even Johnson. That will fill the hole untill Hulk eventually comes.

As for Modric im sure we will have to make due with Lamps. Marin and De Bryune are too suited to playing further forward.

With these players we will have awsome strenght in dept even if we do off load Meireles Malouda Yossi and even Essien.

Here take a gander at this............i have a really boring job!!

I'm kind of getting scared that every picture you include of Hulk is him with his top off. :pac:

I'm kind of getting scared that every picture you include of Hulk is him with his top off. :pac:

Well surely thats natural when he gets angry does his top not always tear off though his pants never do.

• Advertisement

Yea its a super piece of reporting imagine using the Stun as you source, God preserve us. Also dont you just love the way it contradicts itself moving from ManU pipping Chelsea to ManU have bid.

There is hope for us all yet.

There wont be to much transfer activity with the Euro's anyway so I'd say wait until after the Euro's and we'll see a flurry of clubs linked with the top scorer or best player at the Euro's.

For what its worth I'm throwing money on Benzema top scorer, France to win it, both got for 16/1.

Seen it on the Euro's betting thread that Torres is 8/1 to be the EPL's top scorer at the Euro's, could be worth a flutter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

May be possible to extend capacity of Stamford Bridge after all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Ha ha i couldn get a pic of him in a chelsea kit so taught id show what we are buying raw power, tha mans called hulk for gods sake :pac: :pac:

On the Modric story its not just one paper reporting it, it seems to have legs (not as nice as hulks though) and is all over the net.
    Id be sick if we kept the like of Meireles Malouda and Essien when Utd get Modric for any thing less than 35m.

Ha ha i couldn get a pic of him in a chelsea kit so taught id show what we are buying raw power, tha mans called hulk for gods sake :pac: :pac:

On the Modric story its not just one paper reporting it, it seems to have legs (not as nice as hulks though) and is all over the net.
    Id be sick if we kept the like of Meireles Malouda and Essien when Utd get Modric for any thing less than 35m.

No matter what Utd pay for him it will be a steal really.

Hes a good player and would add something to any team in the EPL, Utd courted him for a summer about 2,3 years ago but after the WC they turned their attention to Sneijder and we switched onto Modric.

If there is a chance Modric leaves this year I'd hope we go back in for him but after signing Hazard and looking for a £30 Million + deal for Hulk we might not get him.

bullpost wrote: »

The council seem to be willing to give us some assistance since we announced we were up for moving.

It makes more sense for the council to keep Chelsea on side and with the Battersea failed attempt and more talk about leaving they must have realised that we werent messing about with a potential move.

I've always said I'd love to stay at Stamford Bridge if we could extend the ground becasue we need a boost of about 7.5K -10K in capacity to compete in the long term and any and every possibilty should be examined inconjunction with the council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I remember the years and years when the w*nkers in that council couldn't wait to see the back of us. Can't think whats changed their minds recently........

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYz4fgDDxpaOFYUORPBcxcfM64DoxqYZd6RuaEsRRnAkOozFOg

• Advertisement

Money talks.................
    dooferoaks wrote: »
    I remember the years and years when the w*nkers in that council couldn't wait to see the back of us. Can't think whats changed their minds recently........

No matter what Utd pay for him it will be a steal really.

Hes a good player and would add something to any team in the EPL, Utd courted him for a summer about 2,3 years ago but after the WC they turned their attention to Sneijder and we switched onto Modric.

If there is a chance Modric leaves this year I'd hope we go back in for him but after signing Hazard and looking for a £30 Million + deal for Hulk we might not get him.

I think we could still go for Modric Gav even if we do buy Hulk.
    With us winning the CL and moving on some players i reackon by us buying Hulk Hazard Marin and Modric we will ony be down about 30m all in all. Fair enough we are down 30m but imagine the revenew we could pull in with shirt sales and new fans. Plus these players could end up playing for us for at least 5 more years and we woould not need to sign many more players for years to come.

Money talks.................

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYz4fgDDxpaOFYUORPBcxcfM64DoxqYZd6RuaEsRRnAkOozFOg[/QUOTE]

Of course. The threat of actually losing such a lucrative attraction to local economy/revenue/infrastructure is something they cant afford to lose.

Now, yes we are in a one of the richest parts of London but we are a major draw and upping the capacity to include more fans will result in more money coming into local buisness and the surronding area around Stamford Bridge.

Exactly .

In past times we were a debt-laden, hooligan-infested club which I'm sure the good burghers of Fulham wanted shut of.

Now we are European Champions and an attractive brand , so its a no-brainer for them.
    Of course. The threat of actually losing such a lucrative attraction to local economy/revenue/infrastructure is something they cant afford to lose.

Now, yes we are in a one of the richest parts of London but we are a major draw and upping the capacity to include more fans will result in more money coming into local buisness and the surronding area around Stamford Bridge.

Well if we can work with the council it will appease the CPO also who dont want to move at all at all.

Hopefully whatever we propose the council will back us, as long as it doesnt effect the local area to much that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I think we could still go for Modric Gav even if we do buy Hulk.
    With us winning the CL and moving on some players i reackon by us buying Hulk Hazard Marin and Modric we will ony be down about 30m all in all. Fair enough we are down 30m but imagine the revenew we could pull in with shirt sales and new fans. Plus these players could end up playing for us for at least 5 more years and we woould not need to sign many more players for years to come.

Thats exactly my thinking.

Plus even though I dont think much of Malouda and Meirles, they are handy to keep for one more year, and keep the bench warm for one or 2 of the kids. If we buy a whole new team - thats going to send out the wrong message alright

The council seem to be willing to give us some assistance since we announced we were up for moving.

It makes more sense for the council to keep Chelsea on side and with the Battersea failed attempt and more talk about leaving they must have realised that we werent messing about with a potential move.

I've always said I'd love to stay at Stamford Bridge if we could extend the ground becasue we need a boost of about 7.5K -10K in capacity to compete in the long term and any and every possibilty should be examined inconjunction with the council.

err, isnt there a little matter of a railway line in the way?

Thats exactly my thinking.

Plus even though I dont think much of Malouda and Meirles, they are handy to keep for one more year, and keep the bench warm for one or 2 of the kids. If we buy a whole new team - thats going to send out the wrong message alright

The reason i said sell Malouda is because he is rubish. Merieles is a decent player as is Yossi and Essien but if we signed Modric we would have no need for any of the four players above. Plus if we off load the old we can use the likes of McEachran and Oriel more often.
    As for a complete new team i dont care what people will say, sure it will be only four new players arriving and 3 of them will be in the starting 11.
    Last year our squad was too old to win any thing next it will be too young :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Chelsea will need to add a defensive mid I think to bolster there chances in Europe. Dont see Essien as being back to his best and Mikel is not quite at that level. M'Villa would be a great signing for that position but just how much money is RA going to spend in this window

slingerz wrote: »
    Chelsea will need to add a defensive mid I think to bolster there chances in Europe. Dont see Essien as being back to his best and Mikel is not quite at that level. M'Villa would be a great signing for that position but just how much money is RA going to spend in this window

Depending on who our next manager will be, if we get Pep in charge i think he will use Luiz Mikel and Oriel as defensive mids

If we get Robbie as manager i can see us either hanging on to Essien or that might be the reason we have been linked to fellaini again. Id prefere fellaini as he is around the same price as Mvila b ut Fellaini is PL proven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea have snapped up teenager Charly Musonda from Anderlecht according to the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Just wondered if by any chance any of you guys have the RTE coverage of the CL Final recorded. I'd LOVE a copy as I watched and recorded Sky - but find myself curious as to how the RTE pundits coped with the dissapointment! I'll refund any costs involved btw. Cheers Champions!

A few sites are reporting that RDM will be offered a one year deal

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2012/06/09/Di-Mateo-set-for-Chelsea-deal/gnid-144524/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I don't want to see Van Der Wiel at Chelsea after watching the Holland game...:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Panthro wrote: »
    I don't want to see Van Der Wiel at Chelsea after watching the Holland game...:pac:

Damn right, I know ye shouldn't judge a player on one match, but that looked like Bosingwa mk2

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »

He wasnt that bad - like the dutch team but not an improvement on Bose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm hoping this is a load of bollox!!

Just weeks after celebrating with his Chelsea team-mates as the club became European champions, midfielder Ramires has revealed he wants to return to former club Cruzeiro.
    The Brazil international joined the Stamford Bridge club for £17million in August 2010 and played an integral part in their historic domestic and European double last term.
    But instead of looking to secure his long term future in west London Ramires has vowed he wants to return to his former club one day.

Ramires, 25, said: 'If Cruzeiro are interested, it’s possible for me to go back.
    'Although it’s not a decision I can make and difficult because my price is very high. If Cruzeiro could raise the money, I would go back for sure.
    'I was happy at Cruzeiro and felt an obligation to return at some point as the club offered me a chance to launch my sport career in Europe.
    'I still follow their matches on the internet. The fans were always good to me and named me "Ramires the Warrior".
    'I still keep all the videos of when I played at the club and in difficult moments at Chelsea I watch them to increase my morale.'

LINK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

"For all the declarations of love for Cruzeiro, especially the fans, Ramires's contract with Chelsea lasts till July 2017. The player lengthened his agreement with the English club in early March and confirmed at the time that he was very happy with his new deal."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Hulk was playing against argentina in the US yesterday, the move will probably be tied up soon now it's over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Interweb is awash with rumors that Robbie Di Matteo has signed a one year contract to be Chelsea manager.

Jason Cundy apparently announced it on Chelsea TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Excellent!

Apparently Roman has given him three targets: top 3 Premier League finish, reach the latter stages of the CL, and semi-final of the FA Cup.

From shed cfc site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Just wondered if by any chance any of you guys have the RTE coverage of the CL Final recorded. I'd LOVE a copy as I watched and recorded Sky - but find myself curious as to how the RTE pundits coped with the dissapointment! I'll refund any costs involved btw. Cheers Champions!

yeah i have the sky one downloaded but i am the same id love to watch the rte and itv one.

saying that even still listening to martin tyler say "hes done ittttttttttttttttt, the greatest night in the history of chelsea football club" still sends shivers down my spine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Great news if true.

First post since we were crowned Champions of Europe.

Woot

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Yip, seems we have RDM for at least a year. :)
    I think we should concentrate on the league this year. Those 3 targets are very obtainable imo.

yeah i have the sky one downloaded but i am the same id love to watch the rte and itv one.

saying that even still listening to martin tyler say "hes done ittttttttttttttttt, the greatest night in the history of chelsea football club" still sends shivers down my spine

I'm waiting for the dvd - you can bet there will be one!

I thought Torres was awful for Spain - cant belive he is going to be our main man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I thought Torres was awful for Spain - cant belive he is going to be our main man

Was he that bad? Had a very prominent affect given the fact he had 15 mins on the pitch, I thought his movement was top-notch.

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Was he that bad? Had a very prominent affect given the fact he had 15 mins on the pitch, I thought his movement was top-notch.

Missed 2 good chances, has gained weight and lost mobility. He is the new Kalou :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

don't think torres was that bad. i'd say he would have buried those if he had started the match

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

PeterTwo wrote: »

Missed 2 good chances, has gained weight and lost mobility. He is the new Kalou :eek:
    Oh dear god nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Think he got into good positions was unlucky with the first chance, it was almost as if buffon ( spelling? ) had remembered the champions league semi and second guessed him! I'm so sick of making excuses for him but I think he's doing everything great except scoring,would like to see him start and show what he can do! Cant wait till the start of next season because he's still class and with the quality that we are investing in he is going to be awesome! But having said that I was incredibly optimistic about Ireland going top of the group tonight after the Spain/Italy match.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Or Gary Neville as Drogba steps up to take the penalty. "It. is. written. in. the. stars" Great great stuff!

Spain will start one of their strikers against us, Torres exploited little holes in the Italy defence.

He lacked the finish, once because Buffon made a good call in going one way, which was either ballsy or very lucky and the second one was harder but he shoudl ahve slipped in Navas.

Fabregas shouldnt have been taken off for him, should have whipped Alonso or Busquets.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement