Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

PeterTwo wrote: »
    Was he that bad? Had a very prominent affect given the fact he had 15 mins on the pitch, I thought his movement was top-notch.

He got tackled by a 34 year old keeper and it went downhill from there.

Flashes of brilliance, nothing more, and no end product at all. Really worrying performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

geeky wrote: »
    He got tackled by a 34 year old keeper and it went downhill from there.

Flashes of brilliance, nothing more, and no end product at all. Really worrying performance.

Not just any keeper though. Buffon on his day is one of the best around, still.

He read what Torres was going to do and took it off him.

If he buries one against Ireland the SF will explode. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I thought torres was good yesterday, gave spain a completely new dimension when he came on. His movement was fantastic but missed a couple of good chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I'm waiting for the dvd - you can bet there will be one!

I pre-ordered one from Amazon last week think it due to be released this week or next. Had the Sky broadcast recorded but someone deleted it and I cant find out who :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I thought torres was good yesterday, gave spain a completely new dimension when he came on. His movement was fantastic but missed a couple of good chances.

He was brutal in fairness, had 3 brilliant chances and messed them all up. Villa would have buried them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Francois PirauxF8Piraux
    Teodoro Fonseca is in London to represent #Hulk negotiations between Chelsea and Porto. The player is already in agreement with Chelsea #CFC

No idea if true or not

Seems like RDM getting at least a years contract, does this mean Studge on his way out?

Seems like RDM getting at least a years contract, does this mean Studge on his way out?

I think RDM sees Sturridge as a CF and with Drogba gone and only Torres at the club as a CF then Sturrudge will get more chances next season as the main CF if Torres does go off the boil again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Aquila wrote: »
    Any truth in the rumour that Brendan Rodgers is preparing an 18 million bid for Sturridge?

The figure I heard was slightly less unless you are talking euro?
    I'd say it's purely speculation at the moment or one of his entourage trying to generate interest.
    He seems to have loads of talent but I'm not sure he has the right attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think we should keep Danny for next season unless we get a really tempting offer of £81m at least. As Gav said he will be back up to Torres and im sure Danny will know him self he has a very good chance of dislodges Torres for the number one striker role next season.

If we sold him to Liverpool himself and Suarez would be a leathal combo up front and i would be gutted to send him to Liverpool on the cheap especially when we are stuck with an overpriced flop from Liverpool.

"Im not saying Torres is a flop but if he does not prove himself next season, then he will be a flop!"

Plus if we do sell on Sturridge we WILL need to replace him and i would only be happy replacing him with either Cavani, Falco, Higuain or Schurrle.
    We will need to be looking at better players then Torres and not just a replacment for Sturridge.

Sell Sturridge and Torres and bring in Mario " Goal Machine " Gomez ;)

:pac:

Edit : Its hard not to call Torres a flop at this stage, I've defended him to the hilt and I think he stil has the ability but he hasnt doen it over a sustained period for us, I will however say yes he has the ability to do it but if he can do it this year and scores goals the price tag will be all but forgotten really.

We won the FA cup and UCL and he was a part of it, not as heavily invovled as he should have been but he has his last chance this year to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone who thinks torres is finished is a clown

he'll score a few goals this euros and then you'll see

THEYLL ALL SEE

Spot on Gav, its hard to defend him at this stage but i will continue to defend him untill after next season.

He made a contrabution even though it was small but he did make the difference in one or two games. No where near worth what we paid for him but he is not done just yet!

I honestly think he would thrive under Di Matteos conter attacking tactics next season and even if we do get Pep Guardiola in charge im sure Pep will try fit him into his plans because he is Spanish even if Torres has a terrible first touch.

Previous post mentioned about us focusing on the PL title and id completely agree! We won our first CL now (incase any one forgot)
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVZ_qNF6Ig_BY4zJ4gV_N0OUHgps9FuzjPqwDNOt_pcfrpwVKTgS6zYFk

We have to focus on the title IMO and start racking up some more league titles! We have to catch up on Arsenal with PL wins :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

just heard the dvd of chelseas fa cup and champions league winning season being advertised for hmv in the UK on talksport

anyone who thinks torres is finished is a clown

he'll score a few goals this euros and then you'll see

THEYLL ALL SEE

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqKh3-pjOqwINDKOby0q9zD_--0QcqRb3RRATGNItF0M6O22Kr0ZKFUA

I'm all for Torres playing next year and been our main striker TBH I'd rather we keep our money for another season instead of panic buying.

Next year though we have to at least push for the title, I dont think a top 4 is good enough but we have to push City/United all the way.

We have to make a very good stab at retaining the UCL but nobody will give us hope, I think we should retain the FA cup, our record over the last 10 years is very impressive in it.

gavredking wrote: »
    Sell Sturridge and Torres and bring in Mario " Goal Machine " Gomez ;)

Edit : Its hard not to call Torres a flop at this stage, I've defended him to the hilt and I think he stil has the ability but he hasnt doen it over a sustained period for us, I will however say yes he has the ability to do it but if he can do it this year and scores goals the price tag will be all but forgotten really.

We won the FA cup and UCL and he was a part of it, not as heavily invovled as he should have been but he has his last chance this year to do it.

Personally, I'm tired of the "good movement, hard working etc etc"

What I want is GOALS DAMMIT!

Personally, I'm tired of the "good movement, hard working etc etc"

What I want is GOALS DAMMIT!

Can we take a line from the Liverpool fans and say, Next year will be his year?

No?

:pac: :p

I think he will score loooooooads next year his good movement and hard working will pay off. :o

• Advertisement

Fellaini

Everton midfielder Marouane Fellaini has played down speculation linking him with a £20million summer move away from Goodison Park.

Both Chelsea and Real Madrid are in the hunt for a defensive midfielder and rate the Belgian highly, but despite revealing his ambition to play in the Champions League, Fellaini insisted he is in no rush to move.

'If I have got to go, I will go, if not, I repeat, I am at Everton,' the 24-year-old told Belgian radio station RTBF.

'I am ambitious; I want to play in the Champions League or in the Europa League. Last season we finished seventh with Everton, and we were not able to qualify us for Europe, which was a shame.

'If an ambitious club comes in for me? Why not, just to gain experience but I’m on vacation right now, I do not give [speculation] too much attention.

'Every year they say I’ll be transferred to the left or right. But I’m still at Everton!

'If it comes, I take, if it does not come, I stay at Everton, where I am happy, and where I still have a four-year contract.

'Everything goes fast in football. You can be transferred tomorrow, as you can be in one or two years. For now, I’m on vacation, I try to arrive fresh at the start of next season. If there are any concrete offers yet? If this is the case, I am not aware.'

Fellaini did joke that he would have no problem making friedns at Stamford Bridge if he were to move to Chelsea, given that four Belgian international are already at the club.

'They talked about me in Chelsea? If I had to go there, I would have several friends - Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Courtois... There are many Belgians! It’s good for the national team.'

Fellaini also revealed he was happy to happy to see Eden Hazard move to the Premier League, with the forward having completed a £32m to Chelsea earlier this month.

'Eden Hazard to Chelsea? It’s his choice, I think he would have played in every major English club because he is quality,' he said.

'He is a talent, and he knows it, I think Chelsea has not cheated on him. Will there be less competition in Chelsea as Manchester United or City? In a big club, there is always competition

Top player and PL proven. If we can move on Essien and Meireles id be all for a move for Fellaini and by the sounds of it he is open for a move too.
    Make your move Roman ;)

what a day wrote: »
    Top player and PL proven. If we can move on Essien and Meireles id be all for a move for Fellaini and by the sounds of it he is open for a move too.
    Make your move Roman ;)

Why do we need him if we have Mikel?

Different option to Mikel, depending on the opponent.

TBH I wouldnt spend the money on him that Everton would want, which is probably north of £25 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

The big difference (apart from he hair) is that he will contribute goals which Mikel has never done.

He is a much better player then Mikel. If we keep on Di Matteo he plays with two deep midfielders Mikel and Fellaini would be brilliant. Lampard and Oriel as back up. Iv said it before we need two players for every position so if we can improve our squad with getting in Fellaini im all for it.

I also think Fellaini is worth 25m I would not spend much more on him though. I know i said it before but id love to see Fellaini and Luiz as a defensive duo in midfield. Both brillant with the ball at their feet, great ini the air, stong and most of all they can roam forward unlike Mikel.

• Advertisement

On another note lads i have never seen much of Van der Wiel and i was glued to him the weekend, have to say i was not much impressed with him. He is decent at going forward but so was bossi and Ivan is a much better defender at RB.

I hear we are still after the Spanish RB Azili some thing or other. He is suppose to be our main RB target but i have not seen him play. Id of held on to Bosi and used him as back up to Ivan at RB TBH.

.....this guy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9sar_Azpilicueta

On another note lads i have never seen much of Van der Wiel and i was glued to him the weekend, have to say i was not much impressed with him. He is decent at going forward but so was bossi and Ivan is a much better defender at RB.

I hear we are still after the Spanish RB Azili some thing or other. He is suppose to be our main RB target but i have not seen him play. Id of held on to Bosi and used him as back up to Ivan at RB TBH.

I think letting Bose go was the right thing to do, a poor defender is a poor defender. We will get a good RB I am sure, but to be honest Hutch is a better RB than Bose.

Wish him all the best none the less he was great at centre half in Barca.

Poor oul Bossi get sucha tough time, i know he was not the best at defending but hid down fall was getting caught out of position but he was decent at defending. I dont think we are upgrading our RB by buying Van Der weil is what im trying to say but having said that i have not seen enough of Van Der Wiel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

He is a much better all round player than Mikel, better linking up play, passing and scores a few goals.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    He is a much better all round player than Mikel, better linking up play, passing and scores a few goals.

But thinking about the FPP rules, is he THAT much better a player?
    Plus think of the children!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

Any chance of getting Shevchenko back? :p

Any chance of getting Shevchenko back? :p

Him and Torres - the Dream Team!

Evra said England play like Chelsea :pac:

So by that understanding England are going to win the Euro's.

Well done Paddie, you've jinxed it.

Evra said England play like Chelsea :pac:

So by that understanding England are going to win the Euro's.

Well done Paddie, you've jinxed it.

Yep, doing a "Chelsea" is starting to enter the vocab!

Yep, doing a "Chelsea" is starting to enter the vocab!

I suppose calling it a masterclass in defending while riding your luck and hitting expertly on the break is too long winded?

Debuchey, sign him up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Lads can any of ye help me out with something, im running a name the time of the first scorer competition in work and have run into a snag!

its done over 5min intervals so:
    5 - 9.59
    10 - 14.59
    15 - 19.59 etc.

in the Eng/France game it look to me when watching that the goal was scored in the 29th minute, but all official reports show the goal as being in the 30th... im assuming they simply round up the time, is there anywhere in the world I could get the exact timing including seconds if possible of the goals?

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Lads can any of ye help me out with something, im running a name the time of the first scorer competition in work and have run into a snag!

5 - 9.59
    10 - 14.59
    15 - 19.59 etc.

in the Eng/France game it look to me when watching that the goal was scored in the 29th minute, but all official reports show the goal as being in the 30th... im assuming they simply round up the time, is there anywhere in the world I could get the exact timing including seconds if possible of the goals?

Goals are always rounded up, anytime I've seen goals it always goes to the next nearest minute no matter when the goal is scored in relevance to the seconds.

Your best bet is to reference the UEFA site and match reports and stick by that.

I suppose calling it a masterclass in defending while riding your luck and hitting expertly on the break is too long winded?

Well if England can beat Spain with 10 men and 2 nil down and then go on to beat Germany in their home ground well then yes, England will do a Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Goals are always rounded up, anytime I've seen goals it always goes to the next nearest minute no matter when the goal is scored in relevance to the seconds.

Your best bet is to reference the UEFA site and match reports and stick by that.

I found a way around it, youtube has clips of the games with the timestamp on them! solution!

Thanks Gav!

So... Shevchenko eh??

What an absolute legend, people will always slag him about never doing it at Chelsea but I always stuck by him just like i'll stick by Torres!

It was worth the 32million for this alone...

• Advertisement

I rememebr that goal, at the time I was thinking whys he hitting it from there........:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

Lads there is a briliant read on "The hard tackle" web site about our youth developent if any one is interested, unfortunitly i cant post a link as im in work and dont have access, just reading it on my phone

Good insight into the youth development if any one interested.

Here ya go what a day :

Speaking about the academy at Chelsea.F.C can be a bittersweet experience at best. For those who’d like to look at it as ‘glass half full’ – a complete overhaul of the academy since Roman Abramovich’s takeover and continued subsequent investment into it means that all’s going quite well. Those who sit at the higher echelons of the club see reason for investment even if the success rate isn’t the highest yet. The work that Chelsea is putting into academy development is highly regarded around Europe and indeed, around the world. The club’s training ground at Cobham has rightly been touted as one of the best facilities to train at, and its wide network of scouts means that Chelsea has access to the best talents around the world.

Peter Kenyon, the former club chief, had boldly proclaimed in 2005 that the club would produce one player per season for the first team squad. That fairly unrealistic expectation hasn’t quite yet materialized. However, the academy could do better. It should not be seen as an outright failure because there are signs of progress every year. But it cannot be called a success yet either.

It is essential that the philosophies of the first team and the academy are in sync for the academy to breed players for the first team, and it is here that Chelsea has failed to find a harmony. There is an evident clash in policies that dictate the first team (‘Trophy First’ mentality) and the academy (Patient development). Even the footballing styles of the squads are markedly different – The first team, as has been highlighted by the recent Champions League win, at best demonstrates defensive steel and resilience instilled at its core by Chelsea’s beloved, Jose Mourinho. Whereas the Youth and the Reserve teams exhibit a more technical, expansive kind of football, thanks to ideologies put in place by Chelsea’s many Dutch connections and Roman Abramovich’s ‘supposed’ obsession with Barcelona. While the first team is largely made up of imposing physical players capable of bullying opponents out of play, Chelsea’s youth coffers are full of smaller, technically more capable and aware players.

One of the reasons teams like Barcelona, Arsenal and Manchester United find it easier to integrate youngsters into their first teams is because their philosophy transcends across all levels and makes stepping up a lot more smoother. At Chelsea, so far a youngster came up playing a certain way, only to be told to adapt to a different mentality when it is time to step up to the first team. This, coupled with a revolving door at the manager’s cabin and mismanagement at the highest level, means that the route to the first team becomes a lot more difficult for the hopefuls. However, it seems like steps are being taken to establish coherence and one look at the players the club has brought so far – Marko Marin and Eden Hazard, shows that Chelsea are looking for players who bring imagination and flair to the table. This bodes well for the youngsters who will come through and knock at the door.

Chelsea’s youth players who like to play with the ball at their feet, indulge in the odd trickery, interchange and combine in quick one-two’s are more likely to find their feet playing alongside Mata, Hazard or Hulk(?) rather than, with all due respect – Kalou, Malouda or Anelka. Having said that, changing the way the first team plays is just one step of many. There is a structure in place at the club which should start proving its efficiency very soon, should all go well for the first team in the coming years. For, stability and sufficient success are key elements necessary for the youth structure to follow through with quality products.

Let us take a look at the men who helped establish the structure at Chelsea at first -

As has been mentioned earlier, the club’s Dutch connections have hugely helped it with regards to establishing the academy philosophy. That is possibly the only similarity that Chelsea shares with the club everyone in Europe seeks to emulate with regards to youth – F.C.Barcelona.

Piet De Visser – The man credited with scouting Luis Ronaldo is a personal adviser of Roman Abramovich’s and is said to be scouting for the Chelsea since 2005 in an unofficial capacity. Having played for Dutch clubs De Zeeuwen, RCH and Zeeland Sport, De Visser then went on to coach several clubs before ending up at PSV Eindhoven as head scout. Notable and documented contributions to Chelsea include having recommended the signings of Arjen Robben, John Obi Mikel, Salomon Kalou and most recently was quoted saying he scouted Kevin De Bruyne for two years before Chelsea signed the player. His most significant contribution to Chelsea would be the recommendation of the often wrongly maligned ex-footballing director, Frank Arnesen.

Frank Arnesen – Arnesen is a Dane by heart but Dutch in the head. As a player, he most notably played with Dutch clubs Ajax and PSV Eindhoven, winning the 1988 European Cup with PSV. It is reasonable to suggest that the iconic Dutch clubs had a huge bearing upon his footballing mentality and he brought his decade long experience in scouting (with PSV as technical director), not to Chelsea but Tottenham first. Chelsea secured his services after paying a reported fee of 8m pounds as compensation to their North London rivals.

Much of the youth footballing philosophy has been implemented by Frank Arnesen since he took over as technical director at the club. The club predominantly uses a 4 – 3 – 3 formation today. As mentioned above, the recruitment strategy of acquiring technically smarter, smaller players was brought about by Frank Arnesen and he also had to ensure that the ideology was transferred across well to the coaches who were already at Chelsea when he arrived. One can say that he has been successful to a certain extent because the club slowly but surely, produced three marvelous squads at Youth Level. One that reached the finals of the Youth Cup, and two others that eventually won it. While individual development takes precedence over winning silverware at the youth level, the success nevertheless demonstrates that there is phenomenal potential within the club. The U-15 group coming through at Chelsea now has players who have been at the club since 2005, making them the first batch to completely develop their footballing talents the ‘Arnesen’ way.

Frank Arnesen however deemed his work complete when he and his trusted lieutenant, the 38 year old head scout Lee Congerton, left for Hamburger SV in search of a fresh challenge. And in hindsight it may yet prove to be true, for the club might yet reap rewards of his work in the coming years.

Like the manager’s position at Chelsea, the technical director’s position is never too far away from controversy. Post Arnesen’s departure, the club was linked to Louis Van Gaal, Txiki Begiristain (Former Barca) and even Guus Hiddink for the post of technical director. The job however ended going to Micheal Emenalo, whose CV pales in comparison to the other illustrious candidates linked to the post.

Micheal Emenalo – For a club aiming to rule European Football, Emenalo’s appointment simply doesn’t add up. He hasn’t had a distinguished playing career as such, was involved in Obi Mikel’s hugely controversial transfer from Lyn Oslo and reports that his last coaching assignment was to coach an U- 12 girls team, before taking up work at Chelsea did nothing to alleviate fears of the Chelsea faithful. However, to suggest that he would have worked his way up merely by exerting charm or influence would be churlish at best. And so far, the club has done well with regards to player recruitment since his appointment. Maybe they wanted a man who could continue Arnesen’s work, perhaps Chelsea.F.C didn’t want somebody who would try to change too much. Does that mean a yes man? Time will tell.

Mike Forde – Joined Chelsea in 2007 from Bolton as Performance Director and came in with his credentials well established as one of the main men responsible for Bolton cementing their status as one of the Premier League teams and was also responsible for selling Bolton’s ambitions as a club, to Nicholas Anelka, who at the time was looking to leave Fenerbahce.

Neil Bath – Having joined the Chelsea schoolboys as a part time coach in 1993, Neil Bath has been at the club for almost two decades now and deservedly holds his post as Academy Director today. He is the man responsible for overlooking all of the work that goes on right from the age groups of eight and up to the reserve team.

A call-out goes to the coaches – Dermot Drummy (Reserve team manager) and Adi Viveash (Youth team manager). There are a plethora of other names that contribute to youth development at Chelsea.F.C performing many other roles; you can find them here.

An introduction to the academy cannot be complete without speaking about its players, so to conclude, we shall take a quick look at five highly regarded prospects from the current youth cup winning Chelsea team.

Jamal Blackman – The nineteen year old shot stopper also plays with the England U- 19 team and is already 6ft 5in tall. Despite his height, his reflexes are extremely sharp and his positioning is improving by the day. He has been called up to train with the first team on several occasions and goal keeping coach Christophe Lollichon mentions his large wingspan as one of his key strengths. Plenty of patience (a la Ryan Bertrand) would be key for the young keeper as Chelsea do possess significant depth and quality in this position.

Nathaniel Chalobah – The Captain of the youth team is also a regular at reserve level and is used to playing well above his age group. His positional sense and calm style of play remains his strongest attributes, although he is prone to lapses in concentration on occasion. Chalobah is equally adept at playing center back or as a defensive midfielder because of his quality on the ball and is earmarked as one of the finest prospects to emerge through at Chelsea in recent times.

Todd Kane – The right back is blessed with boundless energy and loves to venture forward at every given opportunity. A quick search on Youtube would reveal that Toddy Kane also loves to take his shots and score some truly spectacular goals. Like every full back his age, he needs to work on balancing his attacking instincts with his primary defensive commitments, but there is potential there for Chelsea to work with.

Lucas Piazon – A Brazilian signed from Sao Paolo, Lucas Piazon ended his campaign by winning the ‘Young player of the year’ award at Chelsea. Piazon is unlike your typical Brazilian player. His style is more European and he has a highly refined technique. He looks similar to Kaka but plays a style that is closer to Chelsea’s Juan Mata. He’s also a player who unflinchingly works hard for his team and seems to be able to make the right decisions when required. Lucas’ reward for a good season was to gain a spot on the first team bench on the final day against Blackburn at Stamford Bridge, a highlight upon which he’d hope to improve in future.

Islam Feruz – Singed from Scottish Club Celtic after much furore, Feruz settled into Chelsea with relative ease and scored 12 goals in 21 appearances for the Youth Team. They call him the Scottish Wayne Rooney because of his stocky build and electric pace, also Feruz has the finish to boot. The comparisons to Rooney however are primarily because of style and not ability. At this stage, the idea is simply to develop and placing unfair expectations would be unfair.

Lads there is a briliant read on "The hard tackle" web site about our youth developent if any one is interested, unfortunitly i cant post a link as im in work and dont have access, just reading it on my phone

Good insight into the youth development if any one interested.

beat me to it!

Beat ye all to it

MUHAHAHAHAH!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9sW2YlR2oVdpg1Udl6zSXuzUUW9m6YF6L2zuOZZ3Cuh2lrwvL

Rondon anybody?

Chelsea are tracking Malaga striker Salomon Rondon as they consider options for replacing Didier Drogba.

Arsenal and Newcastle have also shown interest in the imposing Venezuela star, but have been put off by a £20million asking price.

Rondon has scored 25 goals in two seasons since joining Malaga and was watched by Chelsea scouts when playing for his country on Sunday, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.

The 22-year-old is seen as having the physical attributes to succeed in the Barclays Premier League, but his performance at the weekend did little to boost his prospects of a move, as Venenzuela slumped to a 2-0 home defeat by Chile.

It is claimed that Chelsea, who are still chasing Porto striker Hulk, rate Rondon at closer to the £10m mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

LanceStorm wrote: »

5 - 9.59
    10 - 14.59
    15 - 19.59 etc.

29:31.

Edit: Just seen you've already spotted the YouTube way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

According to hulks agent, he could stay at Porto.

A negotiating ploy, most likely, if the rumour that he fee has been agreed, this is his agent looking for a better deal.

Cech just dropped a ball costing Czech's a goal. Thank god hes reliable for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cech just dropped a ball costing Czech's a goal. Thank god hes reliable for us.

I went "NOOOO!" when they scored, felt bad for Petr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement