Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    gavredking wrote: »
    Cech just dropped a ball costing Czech's a goal. Thank god hes reliable for us.

I went "NOOOO!" when they scored, felt bad for Petr.

Its not his first time doing something like that for the Czech team. TBF mistakes like that are very few and far between by Cech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

how do chelsea fans feel about their club being used as a verb these days??

almost everyone i speak to uses the expression like
    "they'll do a chelsea on it" etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

syngindub wrote: »

id love to think its being used as a compliment to the amazing win in Munich, but all ive heard is like its a dirty word and anti-football, nothing wrong with being amazing at defending and hitting teams on the break!

different qualities to that tiki-taki ****e! horses for courses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

It wont last long. Next season we will have Hazard and go knows who else making the beautiful football

and anyway - at least we are associated with winning football

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

It wont last long. Next season we will have Hazard and go knows who else making the beautiful football

and anyway - at least we are associated with winning football

+1

It was the exact same in the mourinho days, everyone slated Chelsea for being boring, when really everyone was just frustrated because we were so hard to beat.

I obviously want Chelsea to play nice attacking football but if it's at the expense of winning then I couldnt care about it.

AVB knows what I'm talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Thing is .... It was an approach we almost certainly had to take against Barcelona and one every other team would try and probably not pull off. Remember we're the only team Guardiola failed to beat in his time at FCB. For the final, our hands were tied due to taking to the field without Terry and Ivanovich and even Meireles. Our two starting centre-halves were barely match fit, so we had to protect them to a degree.
    Only fools who watch very little football (and haters), will use this phrase as i fail to see how this summarises our general approach to games. Our goal scoring record speaks for itself, and I believe our CL victory came with the 3rd highest 'goals for' figure since the competition started ..... so there!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

rumours on the interwebs are that chelsea's interest has cooled on hulk because of the asking price.

If that's true we should may a move for the boy Dzagoev.

Looks like a decent player and i remember before has sent he wanted to move to us a few years when it was rumored roman was trying to get him to stamford bridge

• Advertisement

I'm not sure as I have only seen him play two full games for russia during this tournament.

He seems good can pass dribble and knows where the goal is.

He plays on the right of a midfield trident and thats the spot chelsea seem to be trying to fill. might be a better option then hulk as hes only 21 and presume can be got for alot less then 38mil

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Aquila wrote: »
    I enjoy reading the sly digs from the haters,makes me smile:)

You'd think Chelsea are unique.

Haters has become such a cliche by lots of clubs fans.

I'm not sure as I have only seen him play two full games for russia during this tournament.

He seems good can pass dribble and knows where the goal is.

He plays on the right of a midfield trident and thats the spot chelsea seem to be trying to fill. might be a better option then hulk as hes only 21 and presume can be got for alot less then 38mil

We've known about him for few years, hes a self confessed Chelsea fan and someone who could make a real difference to us and a natural successor to Lampard. He's showing in this tournament why. With Roman's Russian connections and the players' love of Chelsea, we should make it happen.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/901600-alan-dzagoev-lined-up-as-andrei-arshavins-replacement-at-arsenal

Could be had for a free in Jan as well, I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Literally the only thing I knew about dzagoev was that he is a chelsea fan. Can't believe he is only 21, seems to have been around for a few years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Wooooo Hoooo my my Double champions season review 2011/2012 has arrived from amazon, I know what I will be watching tonight

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Literally the only thing I knew about dzagoev was that he is a chelsea fan. Can't believe he is only 21, seems to have been around for a few years now.

I remember when he broke through at 17/18 years old and he struggled to hold down a regular spot in CSKA at central midfield. Seems like he has been given a free role as an attacking midfielder in order to use his skills without compromising the defense. (So wouldnt be a lampard replacement then)

We dont really need him, but good player.

We are also linked (with others) with Jovetic, he would give us a lot of options upfront. He can play in a 4-3-3 on the wings, can play second striker in a 4-4-2 and even this year played as main striker with Fiorentina. He's an amazing player with a lot of technique, pace and ability. Only 22. Would be a dream.

Its a crap translation!

http://translate.goo...%26prmd%3Dimvns

Wooooo Hoooo my my Double champions season review 2011/2012 has arrived from amazon, I know what I will be watching tonight

Pretty good summary!

For Chelsea FC, 2011/12 was an incredible season that will live forever in the hearts and minds of players and fans alike. The club completed an historic double, lifting The FA Cup and becoming newly crowned champions of Europe, lifting the coveted Champions League trophy following years of heartbreak, after beating four times winners Bayern Munich at their home ground in one of the most exciting Finals in recent times.

A season that promised so much with the appointment of new manager André Villas-Boas looked to be heading towards disappointment as Chelsea's league and European form faltered. However, under Chelsea old boy and club legend Roberto Di Matteo, installed as interim first team coach, the incredible spirit of the club shone through with Chelsea putting together two sensational cup runs which will stay with their fans forever.

Every match and every goal from this unforgettable season are covered in this action-packed review. Extra bonus material includes interviews with Petr Cech, Branislav Ivanovic and Salomon Kalou as well as a montage of the season's most memorable moments.

15 euro with free delivery from play

Is this shirt too subtle?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chelsea-Champions-League-Winners-T-Shirt/dp/B0085B4AY8/ref=pd_sim_d_h__5

european mushrooms??

All I know is winning is the most important thing in football and if doing a chelsea is a bad thing then long may it continue.
    :pac:

Pretty good summary!

For Chelsea FC, 2011/12 was an incredible season that will live forever in the hearts and minds of players and fans alike. The club completed an historic double, lifting The FA Cup and becoming newly crowned champions of Europe, lifting the coveted Champions League trophy following years of heartbreak, after beating four times winners Bayern Munich at their home ground in one of the most exciting Finals in recent times.

A season that promised so much with the appointment of new manager André Villas-Boas looked to be heading towards disappointment as Chelsea's league and European form faltered. However, under Chelsea old boy and club legend Roberto Di Matteo, installed as interim first team coach, the incredible spirit of the club shone through with Chelsea putting together two sensational cup runs which will stay with their fans forever.

Every match and every goal from this unforgettable season are covered in this action-packed review. Extra bonus material includes interviews with Petr Cech, Branislav Ivanovic and Salomon Kalou as well as a montage of the season's most memorable moments.

15 euro with free delivery from play

Is this shirt too subtle?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chelsea-Champions-League-Winners-T-Shirt/dp/B0085B4AY8/ref=pd_sim_d_h__5

european mushrooms??

No that shirt is just sooooooooooooo understated getting close to a must buy. It would annoy so many people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Roberto Di Matteo given a 2 year contract at Chelsea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

amiable wrote: »

Link to the story on the website:
    Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce that Roberto Di Matteo has been appointed manager and first-team coach on a permanent basis.
    The Italian returned to Stamford Bridge today following his holiday to finalise a two-year contract.
    Chief executive Ron Gourlay says: 'Roberto's quality was clear for all to see when he galvanised the squad last season and helped the club make history, and the owner and board are very pleased he will be continuing his good work.
    'We all believed he was a young coach with much to offer when we first asked him to take charge of team affairs in March and the manner in which he worked with us, the players and all the staff, and the success that followed, made him the clear choice when it came to selecting the person to take us forward in the seasons to come.
    'We will be working closely with Roberto in the weeks ahead, some exciting signings have already been made and Roberto has had input into those.
    'Although he has set the bar very high in the short time he has been in charge, we know that Roberto is the right man to lead Chelsea onto further success.'
    Di Matteo, who turned 42 last month, was interim first-team coach for the final 11 weeks of last season, leading the club to an historic Champions League and FA Cup double triumph.
    He stepped up to the role following the departure of Andre Villas-Boas during the first weekend in March and won the next four matches including a tricky FA Cup replay away to Birmingham City and the memorable second-leg turnaround against Napoli.
    He said: "I'm obviously delighted to have been appointed as Manager and First-Team Coach. We all achieved incredible success last season that made history for this great club. Our aim is to continue building on that and I'm already planning and looking forward to the squad's return for pre-season."
    We lost only three matches after he took charge. And although ultimately Chelsea finished outside the top-four places, our success in Europe, that saw Benfica and Barcelona beaten before the victory against Bayern Munich in their home stadium, meant that not only had Di Matteo guided the club to our first Champions League title, but we had also ensured our place in the competition next season.
    The Wembley win over Liverpool in early May continued his already sparkling FA Cup history at Chelsea.
    Di Matteo is the fourth Italian to manage Chelsea, continuing his association with the club that began in 1996 when he signed as a player from Lazio, the choice of Ruud Gullit.
    An international midfielder, he ended his first season by scoring in the FA Cup Final as major silverware was brought back to Stamford Bridge for the first time in 26 years. He also found the net in a League Cup Final win and another FA Cup Final before injury forced his retirement at the age of 31 having played 175 games and scored 26 goals for the club.
    He returned to Chelsea as assistant first-team coach under Villas-Boas at the start of last season having become a manager for the first time at League One MK Dons in 2008. A year later he moved up a division to West Bromwich Albion whom he then took into the Premier League at the first time of asking. He was named the top-flight manager of the month in September 2010 but left The Hawthorns in February 2011.
    Gourlay adds: 'We are already looking forward to the 2012-13 season which kicks off when Roberto, his staff and players return for pre-season.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

amiable wrote: »

he deserves it, now as long as Roman doesn't decide to buy Sheva again after his recent exploits, and focuses on players we need, we can get back to challenging for the league title again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

ROBBIE.............

112280431_crop_650x440.jpg?1308665433

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly think he'll be sacked by Christmas.

Honestly think he'll be sacked by Christmas.

Having played no games so far this season thats doubtful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Good decision by chelsea. I am delighted with our new champions league winning coach:). I assume he will keep the same backroom staff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He deserves the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Not too bad :D Don't see him getting it right in his first full season tbh.

Johner wrote: »
    He deserves the chance.

Yes he does, no idea if he is the right choice, but then who is? and he has earnt the right.

The two year deal is clever as I think Roman obviously wanted Pep, but hey, hopefully he can go on and build on last season success

• Advertisement

Robbis has the players on his side which is always a good thing. Premier league winners 12/13 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gone by Christmas? :pac:

Must check the odds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Delighted for Robbie and looking forward to next season now. A true blue in charge of the team.

yay

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I dare say , can this pre season get much better , Arry gone , Kenny gone both because of Chelsea and RDM's results ,

Hazzard In, Modric anyone ? after being at the match in Poland and watching the guy in the flesh I think he is bloody amazing player , on and off the ball.

Windows at half mast tomorrow folks :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Great to see RDM get the job - he fully deserves it after last season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Delighted we have given Robbie the Nod :D

Also for anyone of twitter

Romelu Lukaku
    @R_Lukaku

Is doing an impromptu Q & A , great stuff so far

Delighted we have given Robbie the Nod :D

Also for anyone of twitter

Romelu Lukaku
    @R_Lukaku

Is doing an impromptu Q & A , great stuff so far

So, give us some info then! His agent is quoted as saying he wants to stay in england

Im glad Di Matteo is signed....will stop the Arry to Chelsea rumours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Apparently Harry's been given a £3,000,000 compensation package, which after tax equates to £3,000,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

delighted that terry and lamps got the managers job. With the signings Chelsea made this is the only hope they might not finish top 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

@ Redzerdrog

Haters gonna hate

duploelabs wrote: »
    Apparently Harry's been given a £3,000,000 compensation package, which after tax equates to £3,000,000

Very good I like that one.

Thank God RDM announced as manager yesterday would have hated the speculation which would have followed had we still had a vacancy and 'Arry got the chop.

Disappointed with the interviews they seem to have been conducted a week before the champions league final, I would have thought that they would have looked for interviews after we won it.

Transfer rumour
    9.30 - The Chelsea came out into the open: 20 million pounds, about 25 million euros, offered to Fiorentina for Jovetic. Today, the prosecutor in Milan Stevan Jovetic will offer the English club coached by Italian [COLOR=#f26522 !important][COLOR=#f26522 !important]coach[/COLOR][/COLOR] Roberto Di Matteo, fresh two-year renewal, for the attention of Daniel Pradè ds purple. A sound of pounds in [COLOR=#f26522 !important][COLOR=#f26522 !important]London[/COLOR][/COLOR] Abramovich will try to bring the pure talent of Fiorentina, on which there is also the time to Napoli De Laurentiis.

http://www.gazzetta....528945277.shtml

Love Jovetic - cant see us getting him for that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

do you think with Harry gone and the club not making the champions league that this will be the final push for Modric to leave the club?

at 26 a 5 year deal could be done that allows us to spread the cost of the transfer but still get him during his prime, he's been mighty impressive in the Euros so far for me!

Jovetic is a name we've long been semi-linked with, never seen him play but Football Manager is rarely wrong with these things so i'll assume he's a top player! More young hungry players is what I want to see happening!

I see on weaintgotnohistory.com (which I love) is being quite negative about Hulk, im not sure why, I dont think he'll be much of a risk, and would shore up our RM which personally I dont see Sturridge or Ramires being the solution to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

If ever we had a chance of signing Modric it has to be now!
    Id love if we signed Modric, PL proven and he wants to play for us.
    I reckon we could get him now for less then the prevous bid of 40m.
    What a player!!

As for Jovtic is saw him play a few times and the lad is quality but i dont honestly see where he would fit in if we are also after Hulk. Jovtic is a 2nd striker but can play any where across the front and has great dribbling ability speed great positioning and a good striker to boot. More less simular to Sturridge but not as greedy :P.

Delighted Robbie got the job but i do still think he will besacked as soon as Pep is ready for us. Im sure Pep is taking his break and is going to plan in his head over the next season what he needs to take us forward as a club. IMO Robbie will do a great job and get the best from Torres....mark my words!

what a day wrote: »
    If ever we had a chance of signing Modric it has to be now!
    Id love if we signed Modric, PL proven and he wants to play for us.
    I reckon we could get him now for less then the prevous bid of 40m.
    What a player!!

As for Jovtic is saw him play a few times and the lad is quality but i dont honestly see where he would fit in if we are also after Hulk. Jovtic is a 2nd striker but can play any where across the front and has great dribbling ability speed great positioning and a good striker to boot. More less simular to Sturridge but not as greedy :P.

Delighted Robbie got the job but i do still think he will besacked as soon as Pep is ready for us. Im sure Pep is taking his break and is going to plan in his head over the next season what he needs to take us forward as a club. IMO Robbie will do a great job and get the best from Torres....mark my words!

I think he would be instead of Hulk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement