Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Yeah you may be right sgt.
    Its an awfull lot of mony for Hulk and im a massive fan of his but even i can say he is not worth the money Porto want for him. I wouldn like to see us spend any more than 35m for him TBH. Jovetic could be a cheaper option but he is right footed so maybe hazard would have to move to the right and side and Jovetic to the left.

Id prefere us go for some one PL proven IMO. We are linked today with Ben Arfa agaiin but also hear johnson could be for sale from City and Hoilett is on a free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

nothing wrong with having right wingers that are right footed same with left.

I know the current trend is to have inverted wingers but we dont have to play like that.

don't think we should be held to ransom with the hulk transfer. if Jovetic or Dzagoev are available for cheaper and can play on the right hand side I think they would be a better option.

I agree that now is the best time to nab modric and hopfullly will be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

If i was to choose between hulk and jovetic then I would go with jovetic all day long. Both are quality but jovetic can be better IMO.

So now that we have Di Matteo in charge next season what do people expect from him regarding game play transfares and Tactics?

I think he will continue the way he went last season with his 2 defensive midfielders and 3 pacey forwards for counter attacking football.
    I think Hazard and another winger will flank Torres with Mata behind him.

I for one cant Bloody wait for next season!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

what a day wrote: »
    So now that we have Di Matteo in charge next season what do people expect from him regarding game play transfares and Tactics?

I think he will continue the way he went last season with his 2 defensive midfielders and 3 pacey forwards for counter attacking football.
    I think Hazard and another winger will flank Torres with Mata behind him.

I for one cant Bloody wait for next season!!!!!!

Yep id say you are right with that, maybe alternating with a 4-3-3 too, but would prefer your formation, I think that could suits the players really well.

Looking forward to the new season already too :)

Yeah i think Di Matteo will alternate his formations as he does seem to be flexible and is not affraid to change things during a game to get the right result. Always great to see in a manager! Do what it takes to win.

As it stands i think we need to buy two more players a right winger/Forward and a right back.
    But I would also like us to get Fellaini and Modric but im just getting greedy :p

Move on Essien,Yossi and Meiriles.
    Bring in Fellaini, Modric and promote McEachran to more game time.
    In doing this we will improve our squad to be one of the best squads on the planet and have strenght in dept.

We are in 4 compitions next season and some of our youth players are ready for game time. They should be given the opertunity to prove them selves and grow in the Carling Cup and some FAcup/PL games. Dont forget we also have the nextgen comp too for some of the youth players.

Im not sure on who our RB will be or who we should sign but i do like that debuchy lad for France. As for our Forward position my first choice would be Hulk but i dont want to see us held to ransom either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

The one area I would have a concern on and would like to see some action on is the blooding of some of our youngsters.
    Get josh and some others involved as much as possible next season. Do an Arsenal and put out the young guns for league cup or bring them in at end of matches which are clearly won. Oh and loan out others who need lots of game time in preference to them warming our benches .

Yeah i think Di Matteo will alternate his formations as he does seem to be flexible and is not affraid to change things during a game to get the right result. Always great to see in a manager! Do what it takes to win.

As it stands i think we need to buy two more players a right winger/Forward and a right back.
    But I would also like us to get Fellaini and Modric but im just getting greedy :p

Move on Essien,Yossi and Meiriles.
    Bring in Fellaini, Modric and promote McEachran to more game time.
    In doing this we will improve our squad to be one of the best squads on the planet and have strenght in dept.

We are in 4 compitions next season and some of our youth players are ready for game time. They should be given the opertunity to prove them selves and grow in the Carling Cup and some FAcup/PL games. Dont forget we also have the nextgen comp too for some of the youth players.

Im not sure on who our RB will be or who we should sign but i do like that debuchy lad for France. As for our Forward position my first choice would be Hulk but i dont want to see us held to ransom either.

also IF moyes ends up at spurs that might mean that fellaini might be gettable too

I totally agree with blooding some youngsters but the best place to do it is in the Carling cup and some FA cup games and bring them on in some PL games too.

Id imagine we will loan out
    Lukaku
    DeBruyne
    Patrick Van Arnalt

Id like to keep McEachran for next season and play him more with our squad. McEachran, Bertrand, Oriel and Sturridge should start all our Carling cup games. We could also allow some game time to Piazon Chalobha and Hutch. I dont know what the hell will happen with Kakuta TBH i have not seen him seince before last season. Im fearing for him but id like to give him a chance with us this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I totally agree with blooding some youngsters but the best place to do it is in the Carling cup and some FA cup games and bring them on in some PL games too.

Id imagine we will loan out
    Lukaku
    DeBruyne
    Patrick Van Arnalt

Id like to keep McEachran for next season and play him more with our squad. McEachran, Bertrand, Oriel and Sturridge should start all our Carling cup games. We could also allow some game time to Piazon Chalobha and Hutch. I dont know what the hell will happen with Kakuta TBH i have not seen him seince before last season. Im fearing for him but id like to give him a chance with us this season.

AVB had a great point in that B team's should be allowed and able to play up to the championship. Players registered for a club should be allowed to play for both teams. This would to a large degree negate the need for loans and would give our young players the benefit of what is supposed to be one the the best training facilities in the world with some of the worlds best players and coaches.

If all teams played a similar type of structure (which really it would have to) then this would also help young players getting a run out in the first team squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

The anti Irish Chelsea fan group which people claim to exist won't be happy about this:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2811673,00.html

An Irish music festival at Stamford Bridge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

bullpost wrote: »
    The one area I would have a concern on and would like to see some action on is the blooding of some of our youngsters.
    Get josh and some others involved as much as possible next season. Do an Arsenal and put out the young guns for league cup or bring them in at end of matches which are clearly won. Oh and loan out others who need lots of game time in preference to them warming our benches.

why? we've won every possible competition doing exactly what we've been doing, buying in established players who are clearly better than the youth coming through, Arsenal have been doing the opposite and won nothing!

winning the champions league made me do a complete 180 on this thinking, why promote youth who will need time when you can buy established players and win things right rather than a few years!

id love for us to be producing talent that walks into our first team, but none of them have been good enough beyong Terry, if they were then they would have made it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

So this is the way I see our squad shaping up for next season (why do I feel like I have forgotton a few players???)

cech/turnbull

ivanovich/new RB
    luiz/cahill--terry/ivanovich
    cole/bertrand

ramires/lampard----mikel/mereiles/romeu

-new rw
    mata/???
    hazard/Marin

torres/sturridge

We still need at least 2 players that can play across that attacking three in front of the midfield. This is why we are linked with the likes of jovetic and hulk.
    I didn't include maceachran, piazon because I'm not sure if they will be loaned or not.

Loan
    De bruyne
    lukaku

out
    Hilario
    fereira
    essien
    malouda
    yossi
    bosingwa (gone)
    drogba (gone)
    kalou (gone)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Big night for Torres - if he cant do it tonight etc etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Torres is looking good tonight unfortunatly.

• Advertisement

gavredking wrote: »
    Torres is looking good tonight unfortunatly.

And another great finish. were sorted for next season :pac:

And another great finish. were sorted for next season :pac:

Still not convinced - ireland were like qpr tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Would have got a hat trick if he was left on, he looked super sharp like as if the weight of Drogba has been lifted off his shoulders! It's going to be interesting to see the start of next season if Torres's continues his form for us! Cant wait.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Very impressive by Torres tonight, pity we haven't seen Mata yet, just shows the sort of quality and depth they have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

The one good thing to come out of tonight was Torres looks like he is returning to form...

• Advertisement

anyone who thinks torres is finished is a clown

he'll score a few goals this euros and then you'll see

THEYLL ALL SEE

I told ye ye would see

:(:(

Still not convinced - ireland were like qpr tonight!

If Torres had flopped he would have got the usual hes finished jibe and if he had banged in goals, like he did, people would have said, ah sure the Irish are crap anyway, he cant win.

Its not his fault hes playing with the best players in the world supplying him, all he can do is finsih his chances, whcih he did. :pac:

If he gets those chances for us next season he'll be our top scorer.

Buddy of mine has him as Top Scorer for the competition at 16/1, its looking like a nice snaeky bet at this stage.

Very impressive by Torres tonight, pity we haven't seen Mata yet, just shows the sort of quality and depth they have.

Spain are blessed swith excellent playmakers, Cesc, Navas, Cazorla all on the bench with Mata :eek:

We never stood a chance really. :(

Even before Torres played last night i said he was gonna do well under Di Matteo. He suits Di Matteo's style of play and i back him to score plenty of goals next season.

Silvas goal last night reminded me of Ronaldinhos goal against us, just made it look so easy :(

Im delighted Di Matteo got the job and im sure he will need time for him to get us playing the style he wants. He done well with us last sesaon starting from the back. We where defensivly solid and now he Hazard and Marin already we are looking like we are ready for counter attacks. Our squad is looking impressive already and the window has not even opened.

Come on Robbie get Modric in a Chelsea shirt!!

Even before Torres played last night i said he was gonna do well under Di Matteo. He suits Di Matteo's style of play and i back him to score plenty of goals next season.

Silvas goal last night reminded me of Ronaldinhos goal against us, just made it look so easy :(

Im delighted Di Matteo got the job and im sure he will need time for him to get us playing the style he wants. He done well with us last sesaon starting from the back. We where defensivly solid and now he Hazard and Marin already we are looking like we are ready for counter attacks. Our squad is looking impressive already and the window has not even opened.

Come on Robbie get Modric in a Chelsea shirt!!

With 'Arry gone Modric could very well be available, maybe 'Arry was let go as spurs wanted to cash in on a few of their star players.

Im wondering what formation Di Matteo will play next season. I know his prefered formation is a 4-2-3-1 and he does play a 4-3-3 also but i wonder if Roman will influence him to play a 4-3-3 as this is the way our youth and reserves all play. It makes it easier for the youth to fit into the system once they get their chance at the first team squad plus its the way Barca play and also Guardiola plays.

Unfortunitly i do think DiMatteo is just keeping Guardiola's seat warm untill Pep is ready. Im sure Robbie also knows this and he may feel if he stays with us it will be better for his CV to have coached a CL squad and also won it rather than leave us now and get a job with a lesser club with no CL football.

4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 are very inter changable.

Depending on the the opposition and players at our disposal we could alternate between one or the other really.

Depends on how good a job RDM does in a full season, if we win the EPL or UCL next season then bringing in Pep would be a decision that would split alot of the Chelsea fans.

It remains to be seen how we finish next season though.

4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 are very inter changable.

Depending on the the opposition and players at our disposal we could alternate between one or the other really.

Depends on how good a job RDM does in a full season, if we win the EPL or UCL next season then bringing in Pep would be a decision that would split alot of the Chelsea fans.

It remains to be seen how we finish next season though.

LOL, Gav! :D

LOL, Gav! :D

I knew somebody would pick up on my Jason McAteer comment :o

Meant to articulate that depending how we finsih and what we acheive will ultimately decide if its going to RDM for the future or Pep.

Now feck off :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Is hulk signing for Chelsea?

Aquila wrote: »
    Sooooo,any transfer rumors?

Which one do you believe?

Copied from Gazzetta: La Fiorentina alza il muro: il club non ci sente di fronte all'offertona di 25 milioni di euro per Stevan Jovetic avanzata dal Chelsea. La dirigenza viola vuole trattenere l'asso montenegrino e dopo la prima offerta presentata da Abramovich ha immediatamente risposto che Jovetic non si vende.

Traduction: Fiorentina have rejected 25 million euros from Chelsea, they want to keep Jovetic and said he's not on the market.

Two solutions: more money or the player himself push for the move.

or

Another sources in italian media (Corriere dello Sport, Tuttomercatoweb...) say this:

There's still no official offer for Jovetic, but they're almost sure it will come very soon. At this point, Fiorentina general director Daniele Pradè and new coach Vincenzo Montella want to speak with Jovetic in the next days and ask him what he thinks about his near future. They want to explain their plan, but IF Jovetic wants to leave seriously and a big offer would come, Fiorentina will let him go.

Aquila wrote: »
    Sooooo,any transfer rumors?

rumors you say:

debuchy

ben arfa

maicon

jovetic

kaka

enough? :P

rumors you say:

debuchy

ben arfa

maicon

jovetic

kaka

enough? :P

Il have Debuchy please Bob

Debuchy please and Jovetic.

Maybe throw in a side order of Modric.

Even weeks after winning the UCL its getting sweeter and sweeter. :pac:

TBF, if its in their contract stating a UCL qualifaction then Spurs board are well within their right to keep the bonuses back but I'd be annoyed if I had finsihed 4th and got robbed of my UCL place and bonus.

At least we know the real reason 'Arry was sacked :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Debuchy please and Jovetic.

Maybe throw in a side order of Modric.

Can't ever see spurs selling modric to Chelsea tbh!! Rivalries etc would be taken into account and no way spurs wanna upset faithful like that

Can't ever see spurs selling modric to Chelsea tbh!! Rivalries etc would be taken into account and no way spurs wanna upset faithful like that

Never say never in football.

I dont see it happening this year TBH, I think our best chance was last year when Modric handed in a transfer request and Levy turned it down.

I think anybody willing to throw £35Million Spurs way would seriously test the resolve of Levy.

At the moment the Modric talk is all rumours and very wide of the mark and I dont think we'll make a move for him anyway.

I've said it beofre I'd rather not give Spurs £35-40Million for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Ha ha delighted, this will just add to some players wanting to leave including Modric. Im sure he will want to move this summer before he gets too old and never makes a big name for himself having only once played in the champions league with spurs.

Dont think any of the players will want to leave until they know who the manager is and what direction Spurs are going in becomes clearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Dont think any of the players will want to leave until they know who the manager is and what direction Spurs are going in becomes clearer.

Rumor has it that it's gonner be AVB :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Rats and sinking ships springs to mind

greendom wrote: »
    Rats and sinking ships springs to mind

I dont think Spurs are that bad yet. :P

They wil have a tougher time next season as we wont have as poor a season as we had this year.

• Advertisement

RichT wrote: »
    Rumor has it that it's gonner be AVB :eek:

That would be brillant :pac:

I'd love to see himabck in the game, I think hes a top class manager and will serve some club very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

I could see AVB working well at spurs - it would suit their attacking style.

It would definetly be weird seeing AVB crouching down at White Hart Lane and in the away dugout if it does come true.

Agree with ya Barr, I think its only a matter of time that hes back haunting us at some stage, same for Carlo at PSG. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

We're top of the pile right now, so there will be lots looking to knock us off our f#]@ing perch ;)

Agree with ya Barr, I think its only a matter of time that hes back haunting us at some stage, same for Carlo at PSG. :(

bullpost wrote: »
    We're top of the pile right now, so there will be lots looking to knock us off our f#]@ing perch ;)

Well once were not knocked off i dont care :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement