Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

what a day wrote: »
    Unfortunitly i do think DiMatteo is just keeping Guardiola's seat warm untill Pep is ready. Im sure Robbie also knows this and he may feel if he stays with us it will be better for his CV to have coached a CL squad and also won it rather than leave us now and get a job with a lesser club with no CL football.
    That's why he's got a two year contract. Next season while Guardiola comes up with a strategy for Chelsea. And a further season's payoff for the UCL job!!!

He might surprise us all. But it's a big ask to sustain a campaign over a whole season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

McDave wrote: »
    Unfortunitly i do think DiMatteo is just keeping Guardiola's seat warm untill Pep is ready. Im sure Robbie also knows this and he may feel if he stays with us it will be better for his CV to have coached a CL squad and also won it rather than leave us now and get a job with a lesser club with no CL football.
    That's why he's got a two year contract. Next season while Guardiola comes up with a strategy for Chelsea. And a further season's payoff for the UCL job!!!

He might surprise us all. But it's a big ask to sustain a campaign over a whole season.

He definetly deserved a go at it. We'll see how we go after ten games in terms of performance and results. I do hope he gets at least his 2 years in the contract unless its a disaster of unimaginable proportions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Tactically I think he's on the ball, he knew the limitations of his squad, slightly aging and struggling for confidence and made some well judged gambles on what to really go for! Every one here knows that there is a player hierarchy at Chelsea and rightly or wrongly thay have a lot of clout with the owner and I think that cleverly Robbie has accepted this and embraced there input which has really restored the sense of team spirit within the club! The us against them attitude only works if the players are against the management team which was the case with AVB.
    I'm delighted for Robbie he's given us the greatest season ever from what could easily have been the worst, I don't think it's overreacting to say that no champions league would have been a disaster for us in terms of FFP and attracting the kind of players we need to rebuild.
    So Robbie u r the man thank you! You've saved us from the ticking timebomb thats about to go off over at white heart lane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Just what we need, AVB coming back to haunt us. :o

Aquila wrote: »
    He will have a tough time what with VDV,Modric,Bale, all leaving:D:pac:

I'm sure Levy will give out the €150 Million that Bales worth. :p

First game of the season sees us going away to Wigan, first home game is against Newcastle on the 2nd week.

Chelsea games in full :

2012/13 Barclays Premier League fixtures in full:

Sat Aug 18 Wigan Athletic A
    Sat Aug 25 Newcastle United H
    Sat Sep 1 Reading H [to be rearranged due to our participation in the European Super Cup]
    Sat Sep 15 Queens Park Rangers A
    Sat Sep 22 Stoke City H
    Sat Sep 29 Arsenal A
    Sat Oct 6 Norwich City H
    Sat Oct 20 Tottenham Hotspur A
    Sat Oct 27 Manchester United H
    Sat Nov 3 Swansea City A
    Sat Nov 10 Liverpool H
    Sat Nov 17 West Bromwich Albion A
    Sat Nov 24 Manchester City H
    Wed Nov 28 Fulham H
    Sat Dec 1 West Ham United A
    Sat Dec 8 Sunderland A
    Sat Dec 15 Southampton H [to be rearranged due to our participation in Club World Cup]
    Sat Dec 22 Aston Villa H
    Wed Dec 26 Norwich City A
    Sat Dec 29 Everton A
    Tue Jan 1 Queens Park Rangers H
    Sat Jan 12 Stoke City A
    Sat Jan 19 Arsenal H
    Tue Jan 29 Reading A
    Sat Feb 2 Newcastle United A
    Sat Feb 9 Wigan Athletic H
    Sat Feb 23 Manchester City A
    Sat Mar 2 West Bromwich Albion H
    Sat Mar 9 Fulham A
    Sat Mar 16 West Ham United H
    Sat Mar 30 Southampton A
    Sat Apr 6 Sunderland H
    Sat Apr 13 Tottenham Hotspur H
    Sat Apr 20 Liverpool A
    Sat Apr 27 Swansea City H
    Sat May 4 Manchester United A
    Sun May 12 Aston Villa A
    Sun May 19 Everton H

Sunday March 16th, West Ham at home, think thats one I'll be trying to get over to anyway. ;)

Edit : From them 38 games I'm expecting 100 points :p

Edit x 2 : Spurs home, Liverpool away, United away all in the last 6 games. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Roberto+Di+Matteo+lifts+the+Champions+League+trophy........................................................................That is all

gavredking wrote: »
    Sunday March 16th, West Ham at home, think thats one I'll be trying to get over to anyway. ;)

Edit : From them 38 games I'm expecting 100 points :p

Edit x 2 : Spurs home, Liverpool away, United away all in the last 6 games. :o

Just spotted that there too. Wonder what teams ManUtd and city have for their last 6 games??

SOme decent runs in there too for us to pick up momentum if we can string a couple of wins together

Just spotted that there too. Wonder what teams ManUtd and city have for their last 6 games??

SOme decent runs in there too for us to pick up momentum if we can string a couple of wins together

United and City meet at Old trafford on 6th/7th April and , City are away to Spurs 20th/21st April, United have Arsenal 4th last game of the season away 27th/28 April, thats their most difficult games on paper anyway by the looks of things.

United and City meet at Old trafford on 6th/7th April and , City are away to Spurs 20th/21st April, United have Arsenal 4th last game of the season away 27th/28 April, thats their most difficult games on paper anyway by the looks of things.

Ah sure we should be 14 points clear at that stage :P

Ahhh cant wait for the season to start, hope Robbie does well with his first full season in charge! Id be delighted if we won the PL title back and had a decent cup run.

Away to Wigan will be tricky, once its not like last year when Cech dropped the ball to allow a 90 minute equaliser go in then I'll be happy.

Hope Robbie has the players well drilled on pre-season that we have to muscle back soem domestic dominance this season in the league.

Our trophy room needs more league titles TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Gonna be very tough for Robbie due to last seasons success.
    As long as it is remembered that we are still in a rebuilding phase and that the expectations for this season reflect that.
    Ah sure we should be 14 points clear at that stage :P

Ahhh cant wait for the season to start, hope Robbie does well with his first full season in charge! Id be delighted if we won the PL title back and had a decent cup run.

bullpost wrote: »
    Gonna be very tough for Robbie due to last seasons success.
    As long as it is remembered that we are still in a rebuilding phase and that the expectations for this season reflect that.

Totally agree bull but i wonder does Roman??
    Id be happy if DiMatteo intigrated some new players and maybe bedded in Bertrand and/or McEachran into the squad better. Keep us in the top four and play better football. But Roman will want a shinny trophy too.

I still think DiMatteo is here to keep Peps seat warm and i would not be suprized if we start slipping up this season as DiMatteo might feel he has to impress Roman with attacking Free flowing winning football much like AVB. Robbie succeeded last season because he was just expected to finish in the top four and keep us safe. He did not have huge expectations and he supprized every one with what he achieved.

I just hope DiMatteo takes his time much like last season and win a game at a time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Can you post the story for us poor souls that dont have access in work?? :(

• Advertisement

Can you post the story for us poor souls that dont have access in work?? :(

In a nut shell, it says the Spurs players dont want AVB because they know what he was like from his Chelsea time and that Levy is likely to not care and press on and try and appoint AVB.

Moyes, although an early betting favourite, has slipped further down the order.

:D Thanks Gav....always nice to hear good news like that.

In other news supposedly Juventus are offering €25m for Torres??

Modric to Madrid??

Id be willing to sell Torres if we could get a deal done for Falco or Cavani to take is place.

As for Modric i dont see him as a Mourinho siging TBH.Were would he play? whos position would he take in the Madrid team?

:D Thanks Gav....always nice to hear good news like that.

In other news supposedly Juventus are offering €25m for Torres??

Modric to Madrid??

Id be willing to sell Torres if we could get a deal done for Falco or Cavani to take is place.

As for Modric i dont see him as a Mourinho siging TBH.Were would he play? whos position would he take in the Madrid team?

Torres to Juve would be silly when we'd have to pay more then €25 to get Falcao or Cavani.

Modric to Madrid and Ozil to Chelsea, there ya go, situation sorted. :pac:

In a nut shell, it says the Spurs players dont want AVB because they know what he was like from his Chelsea time and that Levy is likely to not care and press on and try and appoint AVB.

Moyes, although an early betting favourite, has slipped further down the order.

Tottenham players already unhappy with the sacking of Harry Redknapp would not take kindly to the appointment of failed Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas.The 34-year-old is a top Spurs target but senior stars have implored chairman Daniel Levy not to appoint the Portuguese manager who was dumped by Chelsea after alienating many of the team and overseeing many bad performances.
    Current France boss Laurent Blanc is also a manager Tottenham are chasing and would be a far more appetising prospect for the players.
    Villas-Boas is one of the favourites to replace Redknapp but there is little fan support for him either.
    But Levy is not afraid to make his own decisions and could still appoint the former Porto manager.
    Other candidates include Wigan boss Roberto Martinez as well as Blanc

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2160971/Tottenham-players-want-Andre-Villas-Boas.html#ixzz1y8ovLyF9

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Apparently van Persie waiting to see who Arsenal buy before committing his future there. Arsenal are also supposed to be interested in Studge we could look at a swap deal there - if Arsenal were to throw a few quid into the mix as well of course

Apparently Mellis signed by Barnsley, glad he got a spot after finding out smoking is bad for your health. Didnt think Clifford was let go though just a slap on the wrist?

http://www.barnsley-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/mellis_set_for_oakwell_switch_747392/index.shtml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Roberto+Di+Matteo+lifts+the+Champions+League+trophy........................................................................That is all

I ****ing well hope not!!!

Apparently van Persie waiting to see who Arsenal buy before committing his future there. Arsenal are also supposed to be interested in Studge we could look at a swap deal there - if Arsenal were to throw a few quid into the mix as well of course

I cant see them swapping/selling RVP to us for Sturridge at all.

£20 million and they can have him.

The community shield set for Villa Park at 13:30 on the Glorious Twelfth. Why Villa Park I know they cant use Wembley but there has to be somewhere better than that. Why not trot back to Cardiff?

I suppose all the old Semi Finals we're either Old Trafford or Vill aPark, maybe didnt want Old Trafford as it would seen to be an advantage to City?

I dont know, but I do agree that there is numerous grounds I'd rather the game been played.

Wemble for the game would have been perfect for a stop over but no way am I heading to Birginham.

I suppose all the old Semi Finals we're either Old Trafford or Vill aPark, maybe didnt want Old Trafford as it would seen to be an advantage to City?

I dont know, but I do agree that there is numerous grounds I'd rather the game been played.

Wemble for the game would have been perfect for a stop over but no way am I heading to Birginham.

Yea I was thinking of going I like London & Cardiff but I really dont like Birmingham and tickets would be easier for Wembley or Cardiff. Shame my Birthday as well so would have been good craic so pub and pintzzzzzzzzz I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Sorry if posted already. Apparently tickets can be booked over the phone with laser.Dont know much mroe.But great to see the trophies even :D

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/8282/dundalk-announce-friendly-chelsea-xi/
    Dundalk FC have announced a glamour friendly against a Chelsea XI on August 14 at Oriel Park. The Champions League winners will be coming to Oriel in a bid to boost finances for the cash-strapped Lilywhites and are hopeful of gaining a sizable crowd.

In addition to the match being played, the FA Cup and Champions League trophies are expected to make the trip from Chelsea's trophy cabinet and hopefully will attract huge interest around the town and maybe beyond.

Ticket prices range from €5-€15 with special family tickets available also. This is one of a number of fundraisers that the club have lined up for the summer months.

What do we make of this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161417/Chelsea-join-10m-chase-Wigan-winger-Victor-Moses.html
    Chelsea have turned their attention to Wigan winger Victor Moses in their search for attacking talent.
    The 21-year-old has just one year left on his contract at the DW Stadium and Liverpool, Arsenal, QPR and Newcastle have also shown interest.

So we could signing a superhero and a Biblical figure? We'll never be beaten now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What do we make of this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161417/Chelsea-join-10m-chase-Wigan-winger-Victor-Moses.html

So we could signing a superhero and a Biblical figure? We'll never be beaten now. :pac:

(Surely there's a Biblical joke involving something something something Garden of Eden and Moses mwahahaha! It would be a very fine joke)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Terrible...

This would be an awful move and a complete backwards step in what we're trying to do this summer, get in the best young players ready to challenge for the league, Moses is NOT that!

I like Moses if we could sign him cheap and if he is ready to play second fidle to Hazard/Hulk or however. Not a bad player at all for his age.

Wonder what will happen with Kakuta?? I have no idea how he is getting on now i have not seen him play since last year.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Terrible...

This would be an awful move and a complete backwards step in what we're trying to do this summer, get in the best young players ready to challenge for the league, Moses is NOT that!

Really, I think hes a good prospect if I'm honest.

Lads only 21, although that could be a Nigerian 21 :pac: (actual age of about 40 )

Moses has done well for Wigan over the last 2 seasons, although his goal scoring record isnt that great.

The article suggets that our Nigerian man in the know, Emanleo is after him.

I like Moses if we could sign him cheap and if he is ready to play second fidle to Hazard/Hulk or however. Not a bad player at all for his age.

Wonder what will happen with Kakuta?? I have no idea how he is getting on now i have not seen him play since last year.

Dijon were relegated but he had a decent return for them, 14 games, 5 goals and a few assists.

It was nothing to spectacular really by all reports but he has a future here if hes willing to stick around although his chances maybe very limited.

If we dont sign Hulk/Moses then he'll be about 4th or 5th in line to play in a wide position so he may get the odd chance.

What do we make of this?

Looks like a Danny replacement. Could be another striker played on the wing.
    He's strong with both feet, technically superb, fine ball control and finish, great athlete, good instincts, thrives in quick link up-play, terrific workrate, always works his socks off, the epitome of a teamplayer in the Antonio Valencia mould. He could turn into a important squadplayer. We need these kind of squad players. I'm sick and tired of splashing 35-40m on every muppet with two legs.
    He's goal return is woeful though
    Scored 6 in 37 for Wigan last season and has a career PL return of 8 in 78.

Needs to be played as a striker to get the best out of him!

Rather keep Danny and coach him to pass more.

I worry with Kakuta that he's not actually as good as we hope'd he would be, after all the scandal with his transfer I think thats the only reason his profile is so high!

getting dropped for the last 5 or so games at Djion a rubbish french club isnt a good indicator! he needs another loan at a lower club in a prem league team and give him his final chance to make the break-through!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Sky say Chelsea have had a bid for Victor Moses rejected

• Advertisement

"Sky Sources: Wigan reject undisclosed bid from Chelsea for Victor Moses. #SSN"

oh bloody hell its actually happening...

amiable wrote: »
    Sky say Chelsea have had a bid for Victor Moses rejected

Lucky I linked the article before you posted that then. :p

I think he'd be a handy option if I'm honest and agree with Sgt pepper about the spending of insane money on players when theres relative bargains to be had elsewhere.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    I worry with Kakuta that he's not actually as good as we hope'd he would be, after all the scandal with his transfer I think thats the only reason his profile is so high!

getting dropped for the last 5 or so games at Djion a rubbish french club isnt a good indicator! he needs another loan at a lower club in a prem league team and give him his final chance to make the break-through!

He's not good enough IMHO.
    Lots of clubs end up with players like Kakuta that looked like he'd make it but just ends up falling short.
    Liverpool have Daniel Pacheco. He looked like he could be sensational but now he's at a crossroads and doesn't look good enough.

It was fairly quiet around here and now theres some transfer talk we're all buzzing again, yaaaay more signings. :)

Although do we need Moses if we have Sturridge? or are we selling Sturridge?

Moses in for £10Miilion, Sturridge out for £15Million.

Lucky I linked the article before you posted that then. :p

I think he'd be a handy option if I'm honest and agree with Sgt pepper about the spending of insane money on players when theres relative bargains to be had elsewhere.

You linked the Daily Mail :D

We are probably better off selling on Kakuta with a buy back clause and moving on.

Moses is the type of player we could use right now. I know he is not quite Champions League quality yet but the chap is young and when you compare him to most players his age in his position he is not bad at all.
    Very good work horse and able to play out wide, could take over from Kalou is suppose.

As for spending money i dont care how much we spend as long as we do what is right for the club. I dont care if we spend 50 million on Torres and get Sturridge for Free as long as our players all do the job that is required.
    Our accountants im sure know what they are doing regarding FFP and we have plenty of youth coming trough our ranks at the moment.

McEachran, Hutch, Bertrand and Oriel are all ready to play part in our first team squad and next year we will have the likes of Chalobha, Courtois etc to add to that allowing some older player to move on.

We are probably better off selling on Kakuta with a buy back clause and moving on.

Any idea who would buy him and how much they would be willing to pay for such a tempting deal?

You linked the Daily Mail :D

True, but......feck off. It was right, for once. :P

It was however wrong quoting Dave Whelan saying they would accept an offer if it was large enough.

Although we probably tried to low ball them with something around the £7 million mark.

True, but......feck off. It was right, for once. :P

It was however wrong quoting Dave Whelan saying they would accept an offer if it was large enough.

Although we probably tried to low ball them with something around the £7 million mark.

On Moses, I think there's some stat floating around on how he's very wasteful and went on the longest run of shots last season without hitting the target.

• Advertisement

On Moses, I think there's some stat floating around on how he's very wasteful and went on the longest run of shots last season without hitting the target.

Thats a part of his game he has to work on, even if he stays at Wigan as he has the pace, skill and ability to get past people and make things happen but his goals return is fairly poor for the positions he picks up.

Wasnt it one season Jay Jay Okocha went nearly the whole season without scoring but in the process had some crazy shot stat along the lines of most shots without scoring, about 170 shots or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement