Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    Thats a part of his game he has to work on, even if he stays at Wigan as he has the pace, skill and ability to get past people and make things happen but his goals return is fairly poor for the positions he picks up.

Wasnt it one season Jay Jay Okocha went nearly the whole season without scoring but in the process had some crazy shot stat along the lines of most shots without scoring, about 170 shots or something?

I can't remember that stat on Okocha but i wouldn't argue with you on it.
    Moses does seem a raw talent.
    On Sturridge I would guess he wants out. He's getting very bad advice again IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    I can't remember that stat on Okocha but i wouldn't argue with you on it.
    Moses does seem a raw talent.
    On Sturridge I would guess he wants out. He's getting very bad advice again IMO

Did Sturridge get the same advice at City? I thought it was said that City never wanted to lsoe him but he was advised to look for a better deal and opportunity elsewhere even though he was highly thought of at City.

Could be a similar story here and could be a good option for a club looking for a good prospect if he could get it all together.

Did Sturridge get the same advice at City? I thought it was said that City never wanted to lsoe him but he was advised to look for a better deal and opportunity elsewhere even though he was highly thought of at City.

Could be a similar story here and could be a good option for a club looking for a good prospect if he could get it all together.

Spot on. He comes from a football playing family.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Looks like Pep will be very much in the news for the next season if the Mail (yea I know its the Mail) is right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2161437/Bayern-Munich-aim-beat-Chelsea-Pep-Guardiola.html

Spot on. He comes from a football playing family.

The worse thing about having family involved is it wil sometimes conflict with personal and business decisions.

Sturridge isnt on peanuts at Chelsea, but I do think he would get a better deal elsewhere but on the other hand would it be a right move? Would he progress more by moving? Whos to say he wont get the chances he seeks by staying with us?

I suppose it will be clearer in a few months and he can decide then but I'd hate to lose him on a free.

• Advertisement

The worse thing about having family involved is it wil sometimes conflict with personal and business decisions.

Sturridge isnt on peanuts at Chelsea, but I do think he would get a better deal elsewhere but on the other hand would it be a right move? Would he progress more by moving? Whos to say he wont get the chances he seeks by staying with us?

I suppose it will be clearer in a few months and he can decide then but I'd hate to lose him on a free.

It seems he wants to be the main man too when he plays. As in he wants to be the centre forward.

It seems he wants to be the main man too when he plays. As in he wants to be the centre forward.

Its his best position as well which is a shame. I think he can do a job from the right but hes very frustrating when its not working for him, whenhe cuts in and shots every time.

When its goig well and the shots fly in its good and the problem is forgotten but we lose some balance when hes playing wide right and I think thats why RDM dropped him from there and played Ramires.

Studge has talent no doubt but not sure he is a team player. RDM got us playing as a team thats how we beat Barca and Munich. I dont know if it was just paper talk but there was a quote attributed to him that if Robbie got the job he was leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Spot on Gav. Sturridge is a central striker and he can play out wide but he is not happy playing there. He is too greedy playing wide and i also think its the reason DiMatteo did not play him as much.

I also think your right about game time, we have a lot of games to play next season and the way Torres has been playing for us so far Sturridge is next in line to get a role in the center forward position.

I think Sturridge will be quality if he gets games as a center forward but i would not bend over for him trowing his toys out of the pram. He has to play as part of a team and not him self. I would not worry about home grown talent either with the players about to break trough between this season and next season.

Studge has talent no doubt but not sure he is a team player. RDM got us playing as a team thats how we beat Barca and Munich. I dont know if it was just paper talk but there was a quote attributed to him that if Robbie got the job he was leaving.

It would be rather silly if he said that. At the moment hes 2nd in the pecking order behind Torres and very likely to get game time since Drogba has left.

If Torres doesnt perform in the first few games he'll be axed and Danny will get a chance through the centre to prove his worth.

The first half of last season he was on fire and he faded rather rapidly he has to be more consistent and if he gets more games that could change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Rumour on Twitter from Agent007ITK (who some people seem to trust)
    "I've been informed that Daniel Sturridge will be staying at Chelsea after being assured he will be given more opportunities as a striker." Very interesting if true.

smuckers wrote: »
    Rumour on Twitter from Agent007ITK (who some people seem to trust)
    "I've been informed that Daniel Sturridge will be staying at Chelsea after being assured he will be given more opportunities as a striker." Very interesting if true.

Good news if true. He will have more chances as long as we dont sign another CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

CarloFan ‏@CarloFan

Sky Sources have now revealed the figure of our bid for Moses, £4m. (Sky Sports News) #CFC #WAFC

Actually I have had a change of heart

Victor moses?

are you kidding me?

Someone needs to tell RDM he isn't at west brom anymore and can afford decent players!
    We just won the CL and want to the league off city and we are bidding for moses

god help us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Actually I have had a change of heart

Victor moses?

are you kidding me?

Someone needs to tell RDM he isn't at west brom anymore and can afford decent players!
    We just won the CL and want to the league off city and we are bidding for moses

god help us!

Exactly!

We have the pick of the best players in the world, where the hell are we getting this move for Moses from, go out and grab the best players in the world, not the bargin basement!

Back to Hulk please!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Exactly!

We have the pick of the best players in the world, where the hell are we getting this move for Moses from, go out and grab the best players in the world, not the bargin basement!

Back to Hulk please!

PSG reportedly offering £43m for Hulk. Im a hug fan but he aint worth it, let PSG have him for that money. Moses is a usefull player and would be a decent squad player. Im sure if we buy Moses he will be second fiddle to a better wide forward i.e Hulk/DiMaria/Lucas etc.

Whats wrong with having a cheeky bid in order to get value for money, Moses Hoilett are players we could use and could be bought on the cheap.

If we want the best players in the world then Moses is certainly no good enough and we should be looking elsewhere but Hulk isnt in the top players bracket either.

Especially if Porto want silly money for him.

What is with that rag of a paper the Daily Fail, they write nothing but negative jibes against us...total crap!!

Stop takin the mickey Roman, Chelsea Blasted by wigan over failded 4m bid. Chelsea crock Lampard out of England squad etc

How do their journos get paid!!

what a day wrote: »
    What is with that rag of a paper the Daily Fail, they write nothing but negative jibes against us...total crap!!

Stop takin the mickey Roman, Chelsea Blasted by wigan over failded 4m bid. Chelsea crock Lampard out of England squad etc

Monthly bank transfer I'd imagine

what a day wrote: »

Nobody would buy a tabloid if it wasnt for sensational headlines.

Its how they've worked for decades and will continue to do so.

Every now and again you get some decent writing but you have to trawl through the crap to find it and its generally not worth it.

Best ignored TBH.

Monthly bank transfer I'd imagine

I would have taught they are paid in peanuts with banana bonus's myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Moses:eek:
    That'll be like buying another Kalou

:eek::eek::eek:

We all dream of a team of Salomon Kalous's.............

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdPRx9KRSHcp7rq0s2WhS6wozjqQLcCWGNJBr-hlE2lXBMRL3R

The Hulk wants to come

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7825718/

Hulk has reiterated his desire to move to Chelsea this summer but admits he is willing to leave it in the hands of his club Porto.
    The Brazil international forward has been linked with a move to the Blues as part of UEFA Champions League winners' significant summer spending spree.
    The 25-year-old is open about the fact that he wants the switch to happen.
    "Chelsea are the current European champions and would please any player and I'm no exception," Hulk told O Jogo. "I'd be happy if the transfer happened."
    Much will depend on negotiations with Porto, as they are keen to get a good price for a player under contact until 2014 and whose stock is rising having netted three goals for Brazil this summer.
    "I leave everything in the hands of Porto," added Hulk.
    "I am under contract and I have been happy at Porto for four years, where I have achieved everything.
    "I'll have the club in my heart no matter what happens this summer or in any other summer."

Good sign from Hulk.

The main stumbling block will be the transfer fee. Does anyone get the feeling that Hazard will be our only big signing this summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Nah i think we will eventually get Hulk but may well role on for the rest of the summer. We will def sign some one else big. Our squad needs an over haul and we are not even half way through it yet. Kalou Drogba and Bosi are already gone. Malouda Yossi and possibly Ferreira Meireles Essien to follow.

We will sign at least three more players i reckon. we are weak on our right hand side.

Drogba move to shanghai complete.

The legend will never be forgotten!!

w3_firstgoal_190412-1200.jpg?width=460

Nice little earner for Drogba.

Hope to see him back at the club in some role in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I'd like moses at Chelsea, He'd be a good squad player. Remember, Robbie likes to rotate and he'd do excellent against mid to lower teams in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

V9 wrote: »
    I'd like moses at Chelsea, He'd be a good squad player. Remember, Robbie likes to rotate and he'd do excellent against mid to lower teams in the league.

I totally agree, people seem to forget that we need squad players as well as the big name stars. Would have no problem with moses at chelsea, decent young player as long as he is only a squad player.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I totally agree, people seem to forget that we need squad players as well as the big name stars. Would have no problem with moses at chelsea, decent young player as long as he is only a squad player.

TBF I dont think anyone is suggesting making him captain and given him the number 25 jersey :p

I do agree though he would be a decent squad player but would we be better off letting Piazon/Kakuta given a chance instead of bringing a guy in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

i'd prefer to give our youth a chance then sign moses tbh

I reckon Piazon will have a small role this season but I reckon Kakuta is gonna get let go, there is just somethere there telling me this will happen.

Chalobah will probably have a cup role this season too, along possibly with Toddy Kane. I only say that coz they were in the squad for the CL final.

Be no harm bringing up 3 to 4 chaps and having them in the squad and use them in the rotation. By right, There should be one to maybe three youth bloodings a season. Thats how utd does it, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Regarding Moses, if the 4m figure is correct we're not exactly breaking the bank.

Added to that we've already signed Hazard so there is next to no pressure on him considering where he's come from. If he can play like he did after Christmas for Wigan this year he could be decent.

Sure we could always ship him off to China when we're finished with him :pac

EDIT: Just a thought, if we are looking for Moses, where does this leave De Bruyne?

• Advertisement

EDIT: Just a thought, if we are looking for Moses, where does this leave De Bruyne?

Look at the structure of the squad and going by Robbies 4-2-3-1, he'd be back up to The players in the hole more so than the wing, Marin and Hazard will probably cover the left and Hulk(?) and Moses the right. Studge cover for Torres.

De Bruyne/Piazon are different players to Moses. Moses is already PL proven and on the cheap. I reckon both DeBruyne and Piazon are better suited to midfield roles rather than attacking wide players. Kukuta does not seem to be good enough to break through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Does anyone get the feeling that Hazard will be our only big signing this summer?

I think transfers will pick up again after the Euros are over, I'd expect another good few signings yet.

I must find out if the Supporters club in Portlaoise are getting a bus or something to the dundalk game in August. May go to see this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Are we playing Dundalk in Aug?

• Advertisement

The "chelsea XI" are, which is probably a mixture of Reserve and youths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Iirc it's a few days after the Charity Shield and a few days before the first game of season so it'll almost certainly be reserves and youths at best. Still worth a look for all the price of it.

Anyone remember how far in advance the game dates are finalised by TV etc before I book flights for them.

From The Mirror :

Wigan supremo Dave Whelan blasted Chelsea's £4million bid for Victor Moses - and wants a bigger fee for his young star.

Whelan let rip after confirming Mirror Sport's exclusive that the double winners had made a move for the 21-year-old attacker.

The Blues offered add-ons to their bid but Whelan said: "Chelsea would need to get realistic before we would even listen to them.

"They made a bid and we turned it down flat. At the moment they are taking the mickey. Ideally we'd like Victor to sign a new contract, but it seems the agent, more than the player, wants to move him on."

Whelan knows that Moses is stalling on a deal and will accept a proper bid - knowing Crystal Palace are also due a chunk of the profit.

The Wigan chief added: "Roberto Martinez has brought this player on and he needs at least another year with Roberto to become a top player."

Iirc it's a few days after the Charity Shield and a few days before the first game of season so it'll almost certainly be reserves and youths at best. Still worth a look for all the price of it.

Anyone remember how far in advance the game dates are finalised by TV etc before I book flights for them.

I'd say wait until the tickets go up on the Chelsea site and then start booking.

The FA have only recently announced the fixture list and I assume they'll want a game for TV on Sunday so anyone of us, City, Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle could be part of a double header shown on Sunday for opening weekend.

I hope we dont offer much more for Moses, Leave it drag on and let the player do the work. Wigan wont get much more then what we have offered and im sure any one who matches our bid will be a smaller team not involved in CL. Moses will surly prefere to come to us and with 12 months left on his contract Wigan will be stupid to let him go for free next summer.

I'd say he'll signa new deal with Wigan if we dont get him.

If he signs a new deal and has a cracking season then more clubs will be in for him.

Although I get the feeling that Wigan will get relegated this season as they've really flirted with relegation to often the last 2 seasons only to narrowly avoid it.

From The Mirror :

If we pay anything over 8 million I will be disappointed

I really dont understand this one. Is he going to be a right winger like Danny is now and Danny will play upfront?
    What does he actually do? Not goals and assists so far (6 and 6)

Torres, Hazard, Mata, Hulk, Moses?????:confused:

Stands out like a mile
    Does that mean less games for Ramires or given the interest - Ben Arfa

Why not try Lukaku on the right wing?

If we pay anything over 8 million I will be disappointed

I really dont understand this one. Is he going to be a right winger like Danny is now and Danny will play upfront?
    What does he actually do? Not goals and assists so far (6 and 6)

Torres, Hazard, Mata, Hulk, Moses?????:confused:

Stands out like a mile
    Does that mean less games for Ramires or given the interest - Ben Arfa

Why not try Lukaku on the right wing?

Becasue AVB tried that a few times and he was useless out there, its pretty much the same as playing Danny out there but with less impact IMHO.

Moses could be a good option but I'd say he could just as easily end up staying on the bench and offering pretty much sweet F A.

He could flatter to deceive like Kalou did at times and if we pay anything close to £10 Million for that then it would be a waste IMO so I agree with ya on that point Sgt. Pepper

He is in the last year of his contract so I guess Wigan will fold at some stage more so if noises from Moses are correct in that he wants to leave (only the Mail have this so far and they seem to have an opinion on everything which does not mean they have facts of course).

So even if he wont be going on a free next summer its unlikely Wigan will get much more than ST£4 or 5m for him then.

I think he would be a decent squad player, nice enough as it would be to have 23 superstars in the real world you need good quality back up players as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

the only thing I can think of is to give Porto a little message that we might not wait all summer long for Hulk and may move for someone else instead!

Literally no other reason to be trying to sign him...?!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement