Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Rumours that Chelsea have bid for Edison Cavani

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

oh please god let it be true

Masked Man wrote: »

Even if a player doesn't sign for the team when linked doesn't mean they haven't bid.
    I'd imagine Champions League football is important but not crucial to him signing.

Another player linked to Chelsea has just scored.
    Hulk has scored a penalty for Porto

amiable wrote: »
    Even if a player doesn't sign for the team when linked doesn't mean they haven't bid.
    I'd imagine Champions League football is important but not crucial to him signing.

Its not him in particular that I want, I'd be ecstatic at a willingness to bring in new players of his quality/age.

Its not him in particular that I want, I'd be ecstatic at a willingness to bring in new players of his quality/age.

I can totally understand that. The word from some of the informed journos is that Chelsea will be big players in the transfer market this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bremen would have got €20m if he had landed the ball in a bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Another player linked to Chelsea has just scored.
    Hulk has scored a penalty for Porto

35 mill apparently for Hulk.

You got a link to the Cavani rumour?

Wouldnt surprise me at all, we are going to be very short of strikers.
    Reckon we will only have Torres and Danny left. Kalou is never going to be first choice. Drogba will leave (Hopefully on a Cup Double high!)

• Advertisement

35 mill apparently for Hulk.

You got a link to the Cavani rumour?

Wouldnt surprise me at all, we are going to be very short of strikers.
    Reckon we will only have Torres and Danny left. Kalou is never going to be first choice. Drogba will leave (Hopefully on a Cup Double high!)

I'll find the link to the Cavani rumour in a bit.
    £35 mill is too much for Hulk and to be fair I'm not sure he is a genuine target for Chelsea.
    Better players out there for that money IMO.

Agreed that I think Drogba will leave too and good luck to him. great servant.
    Chelsea will definitely buy a striker if he leaves that can start.

Team v QPR: Cech; Ferr, Bos, JT (c), Cole; Ess, Lamps; Sturr, Mata, Kal; Torres. - subs: Turn, Hutch, Rom, Ram, Meir, Mal, Drog. #CFC (SL)

Well that's kind of disappointing.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/28/ramires-chelsea-champions-league-barcelona
    Fans back in Brazil used to call him Bugs Bunny, apparently because of his lithe build. Chelsea fans just used to call him a donkey. But the player who was rashly derided as a waste of £18m just a few games into the season is now the darling of Stamford Bridge. Ramires's sumptuous chipped goal against Barcelona in the Camp Nou on Wednesday transformed the course of the Champions League semi-final and confirmed that initial perceptions of this atypical midfielder were wrong.
    At the start of the season the heckle from many in the Stamford Bridge crowd was precisely that Ramires did not seem Brazilian at all. He was about as far as it was possible to get from the stereotype of the samba magician, offering no flair or slight of foot. André Villas-Boas, it seemed, had splurged millions on a player who put the "jog" into O Jogo Bonito. The scrawny midfielder did not even show the toughness that all great Brazilian players possess, being shunted off the ball easily in his first few Premier League encounters after his arrival from Benfica. Great, thought the rash: a water carrier who keeps dropping the bucket.

Who the **** is Paul Doyle and how can he possibly have a job as a football writer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Aquila wrote: »
    We have to make yesterdays result count!

Couldn't agree more, although we have 2 cup finals coming up (and I fear RDM will be thinking / concentrating on them) the league really is the bread and butter of any club. I think we should without doubt try to secure 4th first and put any thoughts of not being in the champions league next year out of the players and staff's head's. It would be less pressure on the team for the champ's league final too.

:D:D:D

Hopefully we push on now and get a result against newcastle and make 4th place our's!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

This is turning into some season - Hollywood couldn't script it.

Delighted for Torres - didn't see the game.

Was he as good as the hat-trick suggests?

bullpost wrote: »
    This is turning into some season - Hollywood couldn't script it.

Delighted for Torres - didn't see the game.

Was he as good as the hat-trick suggests?

Every bit, fully deserved.

Team v QPR: Cech; Ferr, Bos, JT (c), Cole; Ess, Lamps; Sturr, Mata, Kal; Torres. - subs: Turn, Hutch, Rom, Ram, Meir, Mal, Drog. #CFC (SL)

Well that's kind of disappointing.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/28/ramires-chelsea-champions-league-barcelona

Who the **** is Paul Doyle and how can he possibly have a job as a football writer?

Yeah he was a Carlo signing!

• Advertisement

I just wanted to see Bertrand or Romeu play!

Still, next time I might wait for a while until I say something.
    Yeah he was a Carlo signing!

Don't know how he could make that mistake.

And he's been loved for the entire season.

I just wanted to see Bertrand or Romeu play!

Still, next time I might wait for a while until I say something.

Don't know how he could make that mistake.

And he's been loved for the entire season.

Must admit, I was surprised Romeu didnt come on and Bertrand would have been good as well

Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata, who is celebrating his 24th birthday this weekend: "I knew when I came to Chelsea they are one of the best clubs in Europe. Now we are in two finals and fighting for a Champions League place. We have 24 or 25 good players at this club and the next two or three weeks are crucial. We are looking forward to those games and hopefully we win."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Spurs 1-0 now.

Blackburn are as bad as QPR. If Spurs could finish they'd have even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Was kinda hoping spurs would drop points today because I don't really see them dropping them anywhere else but we are improving every game and if we keep up the momentum the champions league is ours, we've gone from loosing almost every game to grinding results with more than our fair share of luck to getting stuck in with ten men to beat barca to winning in style today, and in SOME STYLE!!!
    Go on Fernando you've cured my hangover today, there is nowt more satisfying than seeing Fernando score with confidence it even put a smile on Romans face.

I think Torres put a smile on every Chelsea fan this week,what a marvelous week we have had eh?:)
    And don't we deserve it? I remember in the deepest darkest lows under AVB somebody here said that he should be sacked and Robbie take over, which I was skeptical about at the time but now I wish we'd done it a month earlier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

1 returning player, 1 Torres Hat trick, 6 goals and 3 points. Perfect afternoon.

Conditions were appaling but we managed to play ball fairly well. Cup team against Liverpool will probably feature Drogba instead of Torres but hes given himself the best opportunity with his 4 goals in 2 games.

Hes re-paid the £50 million in the last 2 games alone. :p :pac:

Just to make sure the champions league final is on at 8 pm on sat 19th isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Just to make sure the champions league final is on at 8 pm on sat 19th isn't it?

20.45 local time - presume that's 7.45 here...

Cannot wait! :D

But how impressive was El Nino today?!
    His first goal especially - a month ago he would've either mis-controlled it, or fired it into the side netting.
    He looks a different player now with renewed confidence. He HAS to start the FA Cup final against Liverpool now I reckon. I'd play Drogba mid-week vs Newcastle.

• Advertisement

makes a nice change to have to decide between Torres and Drogba because both of them are playing good.

kev1.3s wrote: »

write this down and tell your wife\girlfriend whatever

I will not be available............

Saturday 5th May FA CUP FINAL KO 5.15PM

Saturday 19th May CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CUP FINAL
    KO 7.45PM

Luckily my daughters communion is inbetween!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anyone heading out in Dublin for the game on Saturday , FED up being outnumbered by Liverpool fans when I go out for a game against them !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Howard Nurse ‏ @howardnurse Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Hazard tells French television that he's decided to play in Premier League next season.

Anyone heading out in Dublin for the game on Saturday , FED up being outnumbered by Liverpool fans when I go out for a game against them !

I'll be at Wembley but it's irrelevant as you are looking for Chelsea fans :p

Howard Nurse ‏ @howardnurse Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Hazard tells French television that he's decided to play in Premier League next season.

I still think Chelsea will go for him or are in for him.
    Quality player and would improve any team in England.

I'll be at Wembley but it's irrelevant as you are looking for Chelsea fans :p

If I was not going to the Euros this year ....... but that will do me :p

Get a couple of nice photos to post up

If I was not going to the Euros this year ....... but that will do me :p

Get a couple of nice photos to post up

When out in London I always have a cheap Nokia phone as I wouldn't risk my Sony Xperia Arc on a night out over there.

I'd love to go to the Euros but I have too much on in the summer.
    Couple that with the fact I'm pretty sure the Mrs would have a canary if I went to Poland for a fortnight. :)
    Weekends away are fine but 2 weeks are pushing it with 3 kids at home

write this down and tell your wife\girlfriend whatever

I will not be available............

Saturday 5th May FA CUP FINAL KO 5.15PM

Saturday 19th May CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CUP FINAL
    KO 7.45PM

Luckily my daughters communion is inbetween!
    It's my young fella's birthday that day which is handy as he usually gets the new kit for the party.

• Advertisement

Lads anyone else agree we should start a tickets thread in the tickets section of soccer?especially for next season,who knows a group of us could regularly go to games together:)

Brilliant idea, I would be up for it anyway .

just watching MOTD2 now , missed the game today

Essien looked sharp and moved the ball around very quickly , Lamps looked good as did Danny but Torres was top drawer , a fine performance on and off the ball.

Delighted

just watching MOTD2 now , missed the game today

Essien looked sharp and moved the ball around very quickly , Lamps looked good as did Danny but Torres was top drawer , a fine performance on and off the ball.

Delighted

In the conditions, the whole team played brillantly.

The early goal killed any fight QPR had, they barely got inside our half, they lacked any real purpose and they had a horror show at the back.

Mata was brillant too, his assist for Torres 3rd was good, intelligent football and Torres movement all day was going to cause Hill and Ferdinand trouble.

Bosingwa even looked comfortable at CB, although he had very little to do in truth but still managed to sweep up anything that broke loose.

Cech made a brillant save aswell when we we're 4 up I think, away to his left heading into the top corner, showing he was still alert and unlucky to conceed.

When Shreeves was interviewing Torres I was expecting him to say " Well done for geting a hat trick, but does it count as QPR are fairly shite Fernando? "

:pac:

Lads anyone else agree we should start a tickets thread in the tickets section of soccer?especially for next season,who knows a group of us could regularly go to games together:)

Good idea, you'd have the regular lads on here anyway that would go and maybe a few newcomers who arent sure of London or where to go and stay could find out some good info.

I'll efinetly try and get to more games next season and hopefully the odd UCL game if we get there. ;)

• Advertisement

With all the talk of Bale maybe looking for a way out if spurs dotn get UCL it most be a sickner for Modric.

He had the chacne to join us, Spurs rejected his demands to be let go, he then has a great first half of the season and Spurs are flying, sort of vindicating that Spurs didnt want to sell him as we trailed off, now we're on the verge of an FA cup and UCL double and potetinally taking spurs UCL spot.

Poor Modric. :p

Some good global branding from the top brass.

We're now invovled in Formula 1.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2748639,00.html

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce a groundbreaking partnership with the Sauber F1 Team, bringing together two of global sport's biggest names.

The unique partnership forges a relationship between two internationally successful teams with fantastic heritage who share the same excitement and passion for performance, bringing unique content and experiences to football and F1 fans.

At the Chinese Grand Prix earlier this month, subtle Chelsea branding 'Out of the blue' featured on Sauber F1 team cars, and 'True Blue' continued the tease at the Bahrain race, leaving fans guessing as to its meaning.
    The image above features a 'Welcome Chelsea FC' message on the Sauber F1 team car, which will be used during testing in Italy tomorrow.

We can now reveal the official partnership launch will take place at the Spanish Grand Prix next week. From then, the Champions League finalists' crest will proudly be displayed on the cars of drivers Kamui Kobayashi, of Japan, and Mexico's Sergio Perez.

The Premier League and Formula 1 are the most watched sports around the globe and with 20 F1 races in 2012 spread right across the world, the excitement of F1 is set to reach almost half of the planet's population, ensuring Chelsea's exposure to many more than the already record worldwide numbers tuning in to watch Premier League action.

The new partnership is focused on ways to enhance sporting and business performance. This includes the exchange of knowledge in sport science, launching joint commercial initiatives, merchandising, events, marketing and linked sponsorship opportunities.

Chelsea chief executive Ron Gourlay said: 'This is an innovative partnership that will see a football club link up with an F1 team like never before, bringing together two of the world's biggest sports and uniting our fans.

'We felt that this Swiss team, the fourth oldest of the existing teams, reflects our own ideals perfectly.

'In a year when Chelsea celebrates 20 seasons as a Premier League team, Sauber does so as an F1 team. We share many philosophies when it comes to how the respective organisations are run, from the development of young talent to constantly striving for success. Their philosophy towards grassroots development has produced some of the best drivers in F1, which mirrors our dedication to develop promising young football talent through our Academy.

'This partnership will benefit us both greatly, with the potential to create unique commercial opportunities. It is a shared vision to unite the two most attractive sports in the world.

'We look forward to working closely with the Sauber F1 Team and wish them the very best of luck for the remainder of the Formula 1 season.'
    Monisha Kaltenborn, CEO of the Sauber F1 Team, added: 'A partnership like this between Formula 1 and football has never existed before in this form, yet there are numerous commonalities and possible synergies. In either case we are talking about team sport at the highest - and international - level. The Sauber F1 Team and Chelsea FC are dealing with many of the same sporting and commercial topics and we want to strengthen each other in these areas.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,751 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

#Prayformodric
    gavredking wrote: »
    With all the talk of Bale maybe looking for a way out if spurs dotn get UCL it most be a sickner for Modric.

He had the chacne to join us, Spurs rejected his demands to be let go, he then has a great first half of the season and Spurs are flying, sort of vindicating that Spurs didnt want to sell him as we trailed off, now we're on the verge of an FA cup and UCL double and potetinally taking spurs UCL spot.

Poor Modric. :p

duploelabs wrote: »
    #Prayformodric

Last year we we're willing to spend £40 + Million, I think this year if Spurs dont make UCL then £ 20 Million should be enough.

:p

gavredking wrote: »
    duploelabs wrote: »
    #Prayformodric

Last year we we're willing to spend £40 + Million, I think this year if Spurs dont make UCL then £ 20 Million should be enough.

:p
    To be honest he's a good player and all that but I'd have been disgusted if we'd paid anywhere near 40 mill for him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement