Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Hazard/Marin
    Torres/Sturridge---?????/?????

Mata/Lampard
    Ramires/?????

Mikel/Oriel

Cole/Bertrand--Terry/Cahill--Luiz/Ivan--????/Hutch

Cech/Hilario

4-2-3-1 Formation

Torres/Sturridge

Hazard/Marin
    Mata/??????----Ramires/??????

Lampard/McEachran---Mikel/Oriel

Cole/Bertrand--Terry/Cahill---Luiz/Ivan--????/Hutch

Cech/Hilario

This is how i see our squad at the moment.
    Lukaku to go out on loan.
    Malouda Surplus to requirements.
    Meireles to be replaced by a better midfielder.
    Yossi surplus to requirements.
    Essien surplus to requirements (replaced by Oriel/McEachran)

We are missing two right forwards, one midfielder and one right wingback.

This is how i see our squad as it is and how we can upgrade it.

Meireles is a decent player but i think we can get a better player that can offer more then what we get from Meireles. Some one like Fellaini would be my choice as he can cover almost any were on the pitch.

I would not mind if we held on to Yossi as back up untill one of DeBruyne Piazon or Kakuta step up to the plate and better Yossi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Drogba off to China confirmed.

Whats your favourite Drogba goal?

Equaliser against Bayern maybe, the " onside " goal at Old Trafford?

This is one of my favourites,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Dam no access to nothing in here in work!!

I know he scored tons of better goals but his goal in the FA cup final against ManUtd was one i will always remember.

He is still my screen saver on the Laptop and i cant see any one yet to change to. What a legend!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRCIz7E4r_qSZw2LaC983chEbhPN-XqU3tVDp0d09WYGD-v9Gc2-W-9rn4

Dont know if any of ye seen this.

Jovetic from ESPN.

Jovetic, 22, is reportedly undecided over his future in Florence, and Chelsea have been linked with a bid for the versatile attacking talent.
    However, Fiorentina are in a strong position, with the player contracted to the club until 2016, and they have taken advantage of that situation to issue a hands-off warning to any potential suitors.

A statement from the club read: "In relation to the stories published in the press regarding Stevan Jovetic, Fiorentina owner Andrea Della Valle reiterates that the player is not on the market."

Jovetic, who joined Fiorentina in 2008, performed commendably last season, scoring 14 goals in 27 Serie A appearances.

Modric and silva to Real Madrid?

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/354571/20120620/real-madrid-transfer-news-modric-silva-benzema.htm

Modric was a huge part of Tottenham Hotspurs' fourth-place finish last season, and is considered among the best playmakers in the world. Mourinho is enamored with pairing Modric with Xabi Alonso next season, according to The Independent.

If a move for Modric falls through, Madrid may pursue Alonso's Spanish teammate, David Silva. Silva currently plays for Premier League Champion Manchester City and a move does not appear likely. Madrid does not hold any financial leverage to pull Silva away, City's wealthy owner is not swayed by large offers, and Madrid does not want to pay much more than the £29 million that City paid for him in 2010.

The Daily Mail reports that Mourinho has taken to begging, as he has asked SIlva to hand in a transfer request, but Silva's agent, Julio Llorente, reports that the 26-year-old midfielder is happy in Manchester and has no desire to play for the Spanish club.

These potential acquisitions have been reported amid speculation that two talented players will be leaving Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
    French striker Karim Benzema is being courted by Manchester City, a team worried about the long-term futures of its enigmatic forwards, Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez. Benzema's agent, Jonathan Hope, has already gone on record about Manchester City's interest in Benzema.

"We are working closely to secure the exclusive mandate to obtain the paperwork firstly after a serious interest from the champions," said Hope, according to Sky Sports.

With 21 goals and seven assists last season, the 24-year-old forward made the most of his 34 appearances for Madrid.

Manchester City is expected to be one of the favorites to win the Champions League title next year, and have the talent to repeat as Premier League champions. With the club's recent success, and the huge amount of money that City's owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan can throw around, Benzema joining the Citizens this summer seems rather plausible.

Madrid may lose additional young talent this summer as 22-year-old Joselu has drawn interest from West Ham United, according to Daily Mirror. Although West Ham can in no way compete with Madrid in terms of the availability of championship opportunities, the Hammers plan to include a buy-back option for Real Madrid.

Madrid is reportedly split between loaning the young Spanish forward and selling him with a buy-back clause. TalkSport reported that Arsenal is also interested, since Robin van Persie has yet to make a firm commitment to the Gunners.

Mourinho is unlikely to give Joselu a substantial amount of playing time next season. Madrid has some of the most talented forwards in the world, and a move to another club might be the best way for Joselu to see first-team action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

gavredking wrote: »

'Sources close to' AVB have also let this be known via the Guardian (while also going all emo on Levy):
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/20/andre-villas-boas-tottenham-manager-talks

Kills any chance of him getting the job, IMO.

A number of thing wrong with that story. David Silva already declined any intrest in Real and he wants to stay with City. Mourinho does not like small Players both Sila and Modric are tiny! And most of all i cant see Mourinho begging for any thing, the mans head is the size of bull island!

I dont think Madrid would be interested in selling their best striker either. Van Persi is a top draw striker no doubt but is he any better than Benzima who is younger and already proven in Spain.

I would not be supprized if Madrid let a few players go this summer. Their squad is bulging with talent and im sure Mourinho will have his say in who the club sign.....small players are not Mourinhos style.

• Advertisement

I'd love Jovetic. I think he'd be perfect for the EPL.

Himself and Hazard would be a dream on the flanks.

I do like Jovetic but id not be sure what he would be like if he was to play out wide right in a front three. I know he is a quality forward but i dont think he has played that position much. I know he can play wide left and his best position is just off a striker but i have my reserves on his signature. I hope im wrong but id have to be convinced by him yet.

I think there are other players better suited to play the wide right side.
    Im probably worng but i do think we will still sign Hulk. Id prefere us to sign him than Jovetic and id even prefere for us to go for Lucas again.
    Both expensive players but id imagine both players would play the role better than Jovetic.

Our signings have slowed up since we agreed the signings of Marin and Hazard. taught we would be closer to another signing by now. Ah well, we are doing well so far and the window has not even opened yet :P

That deal would have to be fairly big for A.Madrid to sell Falcao, yes they have financial troubles but I think they could easily hold out for a big sum for Falcao.

We could if we wanted, throw in Courtios as part of the deal also.

Personally I'd rather keep Torres and see how he does this coming season, hes had a decent Euro's so far.

Oh and I dotn think Spurs will sell us Modric, at any cost.

United or abroad will be his destination I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

That deal would have to be fairly big for A.Madrid to sell Falcao, yes they have financial troubles but I think they could easily hold out for a big sum for Falcao.

We could if we wanted, throw in Courtios as part of the deal also.

Personally I'd rather keep Torres and see how he does this coming season, hes had a decent Euro's so far.

I hope you mean as a loan! Will be one of the top top goalkeepers!

• Advertisement

I still think we have a chance to sign Modric TBH. When a new manager gets the Spurs job and Modric is not happy im sure the Manager will request him to be moved on and given the money to spend on strengthing the squad. Spurs are still lacking a couple of solid defenders and a striker so i think they will look to spend money in the summer.

ManUtd will no doubth be interested in signing Modric but we can match Utd with both Money and Trophys so we have to still have a chance at signing him. Him and Mata in a 3 man midfield would be awsome!!

According to reports Porto have accepted a 35 mil from us for Hulk. :)

I hope you mean as a loan! Will be one of the top top goalkeepers!

If we're serious about Falcao then they'll want to keep Courtois, which would be a blow as I agree with you, I reckon he'll be the next big thing.
    what a day wrote: »
    I still think we have a chance to sign Modric TBH. When a new manager gets the Spurs job and Modric is not happy im sure the Manager will request him to be moved on and given the money to spend on strengthing the squad. Spurs are still lacking a couple of solid defenders and a striker so i think they will look to spend money in the summer.

ManUtd will no doubth be interested in signing Modric but we can match Utd with both Money and Trophys so we have to still have a chance at signing him. Him and Mata in a 3 man midfield would be awsome!!

If AVB gets the job we can kis goodbye to any sort of deal for Modric. Modric is the perfect kind of player to suit his system, hes got more about him the Mouthino who ran the show from CM for him at Porto.
    smuckers wrote: »

That would be good, anything over that amount seems a little wasteful TBH.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately think the Hulk news is BS. it was on twitter.

Aquila wrote: »
    Do we have any youngsters who can play Modric position?

Depends where ya want to play him.

Piazon if you want to play him behind a striker and I reckon Josh MaC for CM, creative player.
    Unfortunately think the Hulk news is BS. it was on twitter.

Boooooooooooo

Spot on regarding the youths Gav. Also De Bruyne but he is a slightly different player and better suited behind a striker also.

AS for AVB taking over at Spurs, im hearling lots of rumours the players dont want him to take over after his terrible time at CFC. Im sure Modric will still prefere to play with us in the CL then with Spurs under AVB in the euroupe League..................Im hoping any way :rolleyes:.

Dam you smuckers!!!

Yep, a mate who actually does the twitter thing said there was a lot of Hulk activity!?, so maybe its this

Hazard, Torres, Hulk, Modric, Mata, Luiz.

What to get on the jersey for next season?

Swaying towards Hazard.

Hazard, Torres, Hulk, Modric, Mata, Luiz.

What to get on the jersey for next season?

Swaying towards Hazard.

MOSES

MOSES

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8bhNOaf0qzOcJz-MTqKj41khAdqSsXqHLPFYHewgB15svTZ9gBQ

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8bhNOaf0qzOcJz-MTqKj41khAdqSsXqHLPFYHewgB15svTZ9gBQ

:P

It could be worse. He could have said Kakuta :D

This totally legit and true :D

Lizzie Cundy ‏@lizziecundy
    Hulk is coming to Chelsea! Yipeeeee! He is incredible

Someone asked her how she knows and she replied 'Insiders'.

This totally legit and true :D

Lizzie Cundy ‏@lizziecundy
    Hulk is coming to Chelsea! Yipeeeee! He is incredible

Someone asked her how she knows and she replied 'Insiders'.

Thats it, I'm throwing the rent money on it, banker.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Thats it, I'm throwing the rent money on it, banker.

:pac:

Well, her ex does work for Chelsea so maybe, just maybe!

Well, her ex does work for Chelsea so maybe, just maybe!

The Hulk rumours could very well last a few weeks, although I'd love for it all to be over and done with.

But then the summer would be quiet, with probably only people leaving to discuss.

Im gonna get Mata on my new shirt, a brilliant player.
    Hulk could be a close second if we sign him but Hazard could be a bit of nut job so il wait before i get Hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned but have just renewed membership for next season and went for the digital option instead of the normal membership. A fiver extra but you get access to Chelsea TV online for the year.

Back to transfer news, why oh why are there no rumours of Malouda going ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Meireles was excellent tonight.:eek: Some of his passing was quality.

Cech had a good game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Techless wrote: »

probably waiting till France win the Euro :D

Cech was MoTM for me. made some big saves to keep the Czechs in it for so long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

hard to know whats happenign with the Hulk transfer...

No Hulk Offers Made

Ive seen the above saying Porto have not received any Hulk offers to the papers today and yesterday claiming PSG were jumping in to outbid us for him and that Gourlay says we're dropping out of the race if its above our valuation!

I was really hoping we did all our business super fast, but I suppose the transfer window hasnt even technically opened yet, so patience eh!

Its gone very quiet in here these days lads

Live'n the mood in here i have two questions one is what number will Hazard get? I know he likes number 10 but since our little spanish wizard has it what number would you like Hazard to get? 11?.....25???

Also had an argument before about Ronaldo scoring the "perfect goal" when he scored a free kick from about 30 - 35 yards out. Accept i claimed Tiagos goal for us was identical accept Tiagos goal was from free play.

How the hell was Ronaldos better????

• Advertisement

If you were talking to a Man Utd fan then chances are it was the best goal ever.

Although a fairer comparison would be Ronaldos goal against Porto in the UCL from about 35-40 yards which was a stunning strike.

I'd say Hazard will get 11, no way Mata will give up 10.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Techless wrote: »
    Apologies in advance if this has already been mentioned but have just renewed membership for next season and went for the digital option instead of the normal membership. A fiver extra but you get access to Chelsea TV online for the year.

Well done ,

I would of missed the digital package had you not mentioned it ,

All sorted now ,

Cheers

I wouldn mind given Hazard the 25 shirt if he wants it but id imagine number 11 may be more appealing to him.

Good job we have 3 jerseys each year Hazard Mata and Luiz so far for mine :p

Ha ha what a list of players we have building in our squad so far.

Oh and incase any one forgot we are Champions of Europe!!!!!!

CECH_1512351a.jpg

Cech's contribution to beating Barca over 2 legs and as well as saving 3 out of 6 penalties in the UCL final cant be overlooked.

For me he was our MoTM in Munich, Drogba will alwyas be remembered as the guy who drew us level and scored the winning penalty but inbetween that time big Petr saved a penalty Drogab gave away for the 2nd UCL game in a row and saved from Olic and Schweinsteiger.

Legend.

Very true gav. drogba will always be the hero in that game but Cech cannot be forgotten. GKs never get the credit they deserve and are always unsung heros. I can only image how goo Cech would be today if he didn get that nasty injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

0,,10268~10979548,00.jpg

• Advertisement

Very true gav. drogba will always be the hero in that game but Cech cannot be forgotten. GKs never get the credit they deserve and are always unsung heros. I can only image how goo Cech would be today if he didn get that nasty injury.

IMO hes stil easily in the top 5 best in the world and best in the EPL currently.

Hes very close to his best IMO and hes only 30.
    amiable wrote: »
    0,,10268~10979548,00.jpg

That looks very impressive, pity we lost out on it. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I wouldn mind given Hazard the 25 shirt if he wants it

I would like to think that the 25 shirt would not be handed out to anyone who wants it.

If there is to be another Chelsea player wearing 25, then I hope it will as a well earned reward!

Well lets hope Hazard becomes a new god at the bridge!!

I think the council will have to help us out as much as they can. Once we have shown serious interest in moving the council will now have taken note and will want to keep the club in their area spending millions a year.

Id love if we redeveloped Stamford bridge even though the Battersea project looked great im be even happier if we redeveloped our current stadium. Knock the hotel i say :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement