Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    IMO hes stil easily in the top 5 best in the world and best in the EPL currently.

Hes very close to his best IMO and hes only 30.

That looks very impressive, pity we lost out on it. :(

I thought there was still a chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Aquila wrote: »
    Do you think the council will give the green light for a redevelopment for Stamford bridge?

Yes, eventually but I'm not sure when.

TBh they can just say no becasue they know the CPO have control over any move and if it goes to vote we wont move anyway so we'll be stuck with a CPO that dont want to move and a council who wont grant us re-development rights as they know we wont move because the CPO will block it.

If you look it that way were between a rock and a hard place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

What do you get with Chelsea TV besides interviews/pundits etc.?

I presume there is no live games on there?
    Well done ,

I would of missed the digital package had you not mentioned it ,

All sorted now ,

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

bullpost wrote: »
    What do you get with Chelsea TV besides interviews/pundits etc.?

I presume there is no live games on there?

Pre-season games Live i think!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Pre-season games Live i think!

Think you should also get to see live matches for the youths and reserves.

I'm just looking at the plans for Battersea released by Chelsea and it occurred to me that not getting it might be a blessing in disguise.

Renovation of a building that size and age is not an exact science and could easily end up costing twice the original estimate due to any number of reasons such as environmental / structural etc.

Thought some Malaysian company had won the bid for it?? :confused:

They did - my point was that may be a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

bullpost wrote: »
    They did - my point was that may be a good thing.
    I dont think that cfc were ever fully committed to the battersea project I'd say it was just a ploy to force the council to assist them in expanding Stamford bridge!
    I think we all know that if roman wanted that site then there wouldn't be to many competitors who could trump him, good thing too because I'd rather stay at the bridge but even if we had to move those pics didn't exactly inspire me.

Thought I'd have a go - what do you think?

Flag is play on idea of adopting a star for CL win.

30C06F7118ED493C98BD0EDB05F5B597-0000315194-0002906871-00454L-17559262A11346BEB90303F50F8FB108.jpg

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I dont think that cfc were ever fully committed to the battersea project I'd say it was just a ploy to force the council to assist them in expanding Stamford bridge!
    I think we all know that if roman wanted that site then there wouldn't be to many competitors who could trump him, good thing too because I'd rather stay at the bridge but even if we had to move those pics didn't exactly inspire me.

The site would have cost a bomb to re-develop id reckon.

You'd have the original 350-400 million for the sight and probably another 800 million for a stadium and to develop the sight with amenities and a tube station.

We could off set some of that with selling the Stamford Bridge sight but we'd be spenind some huge amounts of cash.

kev1.3s wrote: »

The site would have cost a bomb to re-develop id reckon.

You'd have the original 350-400 million for the sight and probably another 800 million for a stadium and to develop the sight with amenities and a tube station.

We could off set some of that with selling the Stamford Bridge sight but we'd be spenind some huge amounts of cash.
    Exactly, so spook Hammersmith and Fulham council into playing ball over redeveloping the bridge and everyone from the accounts to the pitch owners are happy.

Agree with ya kev. It makes the council think we should try and work with these guys as they may leave in the future.

I love stamford bridge the location is ideal but the stadium does need a re-vamp to compete with the best in europe long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Any trash paper talk this morning?

Weve given up on hulk, wont get into a bidding war

Any trash paper talk this morning?

Weve given up on hulk, wont get into a bidding war
    I don't think we've given up on him yet, just playing hard ball we know hulk wants to come to us so I think we are letting the player do the work for us.
    I know he's not involved in the euro's but I'd think most transfer activity will take place after the final.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

chelseayouth 32 mins
    RT @Cynegeticus: Malouda has been offered to #Fluminense. He has a Brazilian wife & has affirmed before he'd like to play in Brazil.

Also Terry and Cole were excellent tonight, unlucky for Ashley to miss then penalty, at least he scored the important one :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

chelseayouth 32 mins
    RT @Cynegeticus: Malouda has been offered to #Fluminense. He has a Brazilian wife & has affirmed before he'd like to play in Brazil.

Also Terry and Cole were excellent tonight, unlucky for Ashley to miss then penalty, at least he scored the important one :-)

Hope thats true. I remember him saying a few years ago that he would like to play in brazil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Yeah good ridence to Malouda, let him go soon. He played well for France but he does not make the effort for us any more, has been terrible last season and bad the season before. With Marin and Hazard he has already been replaced in the squad. As far as im concerned Malouda is dead weight in the squad, and once we off load him our left hand side will be sorted for this coming season.

what a day wrote: »
    Yeah good ridence to Malouda, let him go soon. He played well for France but he does not make the effort for us any more, has been terrible last season and bad the season before. With Marin and Hazard he has already been replaced in the squad. As far as im concerned Malouda is dead weight in the squad, and once we off load him our left hand side will be sorted for this coming season.

Seriouslly hope he is on his way.

Regarding a right back, what about Abate, thought he was superb both defending and attacking.

I like Abate too, but never hear of any other clubs going for him. Milan will prob want a fortune for him too. Good player though. I think we will go for Azpilicueta from Marseille. I hope we dont get Van der Weil unless we get him on the cheap. VDW is good going forward but is not an improvement on Bosingwa. Debuchy IMO should be our number one target. Played brilliant for France.

Dont know if AC Milan would sell, Abate is a decent option though, hes not outstanding at either job but hes fairly solid really.

Agree about Van Der Weil and wouldn't mind seeing Debuchy coming.

We seem to have gone a bit quiet again on transfer activity, don't see our name mentioned much in the gossip columns.

• Advertisement

Yeah it has gone quiet considering our start to transferes even before the window has opened. At least the window is open soon so we can get to see Hazard and Marin unvield as Chelsea players....always good to see!

I hear we have made offers for some players and and are sitting tight and trying not to be taken advantage of again. We are supposed to be after a Right forward a right back and a striker :eek:

I dont think we will need another striker TBH if we can keep Torres on the form he is on we should be ok with him and Sturridge as back up. We do need a right forward though and a right back.

Sky Sports linking us with Huntelaar.

Not soo sure about him, hope that's only agent talk.

Techless wrote: »
    Sky Sports linking us with Huntelaar.

Not soo sure about him, hope that's only agent talk.

What's wrong with Huntelaar?

amiable wrote: »
    What's wrong with Huntelaar?

I know he finished top scorer in the German league and has a great reputation but he's 28 now and from what I saw of him in the Euros, he didn't impress me.

If we were to go for a striker, i'd prefer to see someone younger and more mobile - Hulk or Cavani.

I know he finished top scorer in the German league and has a great reputation but he's 28 now and from what I saw of him in the Euros, he didn't impress me.

If we were to go for a striker, i'd prefer to see someone younger and more mobile - Hulk or Cavani.

Both you mention are younger but I wouldn't see them as much more mobile.
    Of the 2 you mention I think Cavani would be the better option for Chelsea.
    On Huntelaar being poor in the Euros, I don't think he could be blamed as he didn't get a fair crack at it IMO.
    I think Huntelaar would be an excellent addition at the right price for Chelsea.

• Advertisement

Fair points and you could be right about him being a good acquisition, but I doubt he would be cheap.

In the Euros he didn't get much of a chance but when he did, he didn't feature.

Still, it's good to see we're being linked with someone.

Fair points and you could be right about him being a good acquisition, but I doubt he would be cheap.

In the Euros he didn't get much of a chance but when he did, he didn't feature.

Still, it's good to see we're being linked with someone.

I think he is entering the last year of his contract so there may be room for negotiating.
    I think his release clause is quite large considering he'll be 29 in August and only has a year left on his contract.

I would imagine this is just paper talk regarding Huntleaar. Not Good enough and and not young enough. Our Striker options are Cavani, Falcao and Andre Schurrle. From report today in Madrid Falcao is not for sale so i would imagine its between Cavani and Schurrle. Id love to sign either of them TBH both brilliant strikers. Cavani we all know what he is like but Schurrle reminds me of a younger Torres, very mobile and good on the soulder of a defender.

I have to say I've been very impressed by Meireles in the Euros.
    He's playing in a very skillful / attacking side and doesn't look out of place.
    I would have been one of his biggest critics but have to say he looks a very decent player with Portugal.
    Maybe it's our tactics or slowness of play that doesn't suit him.

what a day wrote: »
    I would imagine this is just paper talk regarding Huntleaar. Not Good enough and and not young enough. Our Striker options are Cavani, Falcao and Andre Schurrle. From report today in Madrid Falcao is not for sale so i would imagine its between Cavani and Schurrle. Id love to sign either of them TBH both brilliant strikers. Cavani we all know what he is like but Schurrle reminds me of a younger Torres, very mobile and good on the soulder of a defender.

I have been watching Schurrie for a while now - love to see him come to us

Pls let this be true!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/903151-chelsea-turn-to-andre-schurrle-as-victor-moses-talks-hit-the-skids

I have been watching Schurrie for a while now - love to see him come to us

Pls let this be true!

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/903151-chelsea-turn-to-andre-schurrle-as-victor-moses-talks-hit-the-skids

+1

Yeah im a fan of Schurrle myself, would love to sign him altough i would have taught he would cost around 20m. Ah and we are still in for Neymar and Lucas according to some web sites although are offers have allready been submitted for both players they have not be accepted nor rejected. Real Madrids offer for Neymar (cash plus player) was rejected.

Id imagine we would go for Lucas if we dont get Hulk. Jovetic and Shurrle are more like strikers for me rather than wingers although both can play wide simular Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

i'd take schurrle too he seems like a quality player.

I remember we were being linked with him before the euros but I thought he was an out and out striker and wasnt pushed but he seems like a winger/forward and probaly would be a good buy!

i'd take schurrle too he seems like a quality player.

I remember we were being linked with him before the euros but I thought he was an out and out striker and wasnt pushed but he seems like a winger/forward and probaly would be a good buy!

Yeah we played against him in Champions league and the first game he played as astriker and looked very good. His second game against us he was used as a winger but was not offering much. Im not saying he is a bad winger but he seemed alot better as a striker.Very quick player and not afraid to take on a defender.

Its decided, long sleeve shirt with Hazard on the back!!

Cant wait!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWwKvVlCDXjbJfrnG2yz5THKztU8osOPZpbCYAUw6NBlN8lNbrMH1cWw9qew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I have to say I've been very impressed by Meireles in the Euros.
    He's playing in a very skillful / attacking side and doesn't look out of place.
    I would have been one of his biggest critics but have to say he looks a very decent player with Portugal.
    Maybe it's our tactics or slowness of play that doesn't suit him.

I don't like how he blasts it over the goal from far out quite a lot. But in fairness the odd time they go in, they look great

I thought Neymar and Lucas were staying in Brazil until after the 2014 WC?

I thought Neymar and Lucas were staying in Brazil until after the 2014 WC?

Thats seems to be correct Gav, for Neymar any way. But it will not stop clubs from attempting to set up a deal to take the player after the world cup. A deal can be struck but not signed until the player is ready to move.

Im not sure about Lucas tough, i think he can move but it is taught he would prefer a move to Spain.But his agent also said he did not want to move untill after the world cup. Apparently Chelsea seem to be the Club most interested in his signature. But Sao Paulo have yet to accept any offers either.

At least we know we are still in the hunt for the worlds top talent.........not just Moses:P

Well we have Hazard at the moment and I'm happy with him so thats all that counts :p

But didnt you know that Kagawa is the better player sure :P

Hes certainly cheaper anyway.

Only time will tell whos better and next season will see who beds in quicker.

But didnt you know that Kagawa is the better player sure :P

I've not seen too many say that but I do think quite a few people will be surprised as to how good Kagawa actually is

amiable wrote: »
    I've not seen too many say that but I do think quite a few people will be surprised as to how good Kagawa actually is

Seen him a few times last year while watching Dortmund on ESPN and I was impressed by him, I remmeber a few times the timing of his runs were perfect and he seemed to ghost in behind defenders, he'll cause problems for a lot of teams this coming season for sure.

Seen him a few times last year while watching Dortmund on ESPN and I was impressed by him, I remmeber a few times the timing of his runs were perfect and he seemed to ghost in behind defenders, he'll cause problems for a lot of teams this coming season for sure.

Nahhh, he's a shirt seller, utd will have to change their system to play him best, will get knocked off the ball easily, wont like the weather or the hustle and bustle of the EPL, wont get time on the ball and wont have such good players around him.

oh - and he was second choice to Hazard
    Round one to us me thinks ;):p

• Advertisement

Nahhh, he's a shirt seller, utd will have to change their system to play him best, will get knocked off the ball easily, wont like the weather or the hustle and bustle of the EPL, wont get time on the ball and wont have such good players around him.

oh - and he was second choice to Hazard
    Round one to us me thinks ;):p

Apart from the shirt seller you could say the same thing about Eden Hazard.
    I don't think you've watched him play too much if your opinion of him is that low.
    The Bundesliga is a terrific league with some outstanding gems to be found playing there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement