Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

gavredking wrote: »
    I cant wait for our treble this year. ;)

Have a bit of ambition! Septuple here we come! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

What do you reckon the first team will be?
    I think we have a few spots still open!

Currently???

Nailed on starters

Torres
    Mata
    Hazard
    Right wing
    Ramires?
    Mikel?
    Ivan
    JT
    Luiz
    Cole
    Cech

Rotaters?
    Lamps
    Meireles
    Romeu
    Danny
    Bertrand
    Cahill
    Marin
    Essien
    Piazon

Still need that troublesome right wing spot sorting and still not sure what our best midfield would be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

For me its :

Cech

????----??????
    JT
    Cole

Mikel
    ?????

Ramires
    Mata
    Hazard

Torres

Reason I went with RB, CB, and DM is that we have option at RB, and currently Ivan is leading that but if we sign a RB then the new guy will get the nod, that then puts a CB place up for grab with Luiz leading that charge with Cahill and Ivan as back up. DM is hard to pick, we have Meireles, Lamps, Essien, Romeu, Josh all capable of playing there but I reckon Frank will get the nod along side Mikel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

As i say we need two players for every position and at the moment we have that in every position bar our RW/RF position.

Depending on what formation we play of course, we have some players there that will do a job but id like us to up grade them. Players i see at the moment ready to make up our 22 man squad would be

1st Team

Cech

Ivan
    Luiz
    Terry
    Cole

Mikel
    Lampard

---Ramires
    Mata
    Hazard---

Torres

2nd Team

Hilario

Hutch?----Chalobha----Cahill---Bertrand

Oriel
    McEachran

---???????
    ???????
    Marin----

Sturridge

Id like us to Buy a RB to rotate with Ivan.
    Buy a creative midfielder to replace Ramires and use Rami as our utility player.

what a day wrote: »
    As i say we need two players for every position and at the moment we have that in every position bar our RW/RF position.

Depending on what formation we play of course, we have some players there that will do a job but id like us to up grade them. Players i see at the moment ready to make up our 22 man squad would be

1st Team

Cech

Ivan
    Luiz
    Terry
    Cole

Mikel
    Lampard

---Ramires
    Mata
    Hazard---

Torres

2nd Team

Hilario

Hutch?----Chalobha----Cahill---Bertrand

Oriel
    McEachran

---Sturridge
    Piazon
    Marin---

Lukaku

Id like us to Buy a RB to rotate with Ivan.
    Buy a creative midfielder to replace Ramires and use Rami as our utility player.

Edited your above :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

What about DeBruyne ?

Is it the general consensus that he will be loaned out ?

Edited your above :pac:

:pac: :pac: :pac:

Sturridge is pants on the right side he has to be played in the center.
    Lukaku to go on loan.
    Piazon is not good enough to start yet, maybe one or two apperances in CC.

If we sign big we are sorted for years to come. I know its a huge outlay considering we just signed Hazard but we have spent like this before and look how long we got from it, most of the players are still here!
    Modric 40m
    Hulk 35m
    Debuchy 12m

Total 87m

Sell or drop
    Malouda 5m
    Meireles 8m
    Yossi 5m
    Essien 10m
    Bosingwa free
    Kalou free
    Drogba free
    Turnbull we will pay 2m to get rid of.

Our net spend including wages we sould only be down maybe 40 million
    We would then have one of the best most complete indept squads in the world. Also leaving room for youths to come through like Bertrand McEachran Chalobha Piazon and Hutch

Techless wrote: »
    What about DeBruyne ?

Is it the general consensus that he will be loaned out ?

Yeah he is supposed to be loaned out for next season, apperantly there is a number of clubs including PL clubs looking for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Yeah he is supposed to be loaned out for next season, apperantly there is a number of clubs including PL clubs looking for him.
    Southampton were mentioned last week, I think they'd be a good fit.

• Advertisement

Any experience of the English game will stand to De Bruyne, hopefully its positive and be progresses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

From the Telegraph :

Malouda has one year left on his contract and has been informed that he can move. The 32-year-old is considering a number of offers including at least one from Brazil where he has already expressed an interest in playing.

The French international, who signed for Chelsea for £13m in 2007, has a Brazilian wife and is wanted by Vasco Da Gama where he reunite with his former Lyon team-mate Juninho Pernambucano.

Brazilian football is receiving a huge financial boost with money flowing into the game ahead of the 2014 World Cup Finals.

It’s believed that Michael Essien is also hoping to leave Chelsea this summer but another midfielder, Meireles, is keen to stay.

The Portuguese international was unsettled by the sacking of Andre Villas-Boas and has struggled to command a regular first-team place. He has been linked with a several clubs but would prefer to remain at Stamford Bridge.

They also report that AVB is close to taking over at Spurs.

Il be glad to see the back of Malouda TBH. He has done little to get so many games for us last season and we all know what he can do, just does not apply himself for us IMO.

Essien can also go, he has been struggling for injuries the past season or two and we have not seen what he can do in a long time. He has gotten very slow and unable to get about the way he used to. Time is also against him getting back to his best and i think its time to move on. With Ramires in the squad he can fill the role that we would look for Essien to do.

Meireles on the other hand i dont mind if he stays but id prefere if we looked for his replacement, some one younger and better, more creative as a deep playmaker.

Apparently Guirod or some one snubbed us :pac:........sure ya did!

Il be glad to see the back of Malouda TBH. He has done little to get so many games for us last season and we all know what he can do, just does not apply himself for us IMO.

Essien can also go, he has been struggling for injuries the past season or two and we have not seen what he can do in a long time. He has gotten very slow and unable to get about the way he used to. Time is also against him getting back to his best and i think its time to move on. With Ramires in the squad he can fill the role that we would look for Essien to do.

Meireles on the other hand i dont mind if he stays but id prefere if we looked for his replacement, some one younger and better, more creative as a deep playmaker.

Apparently Guirod or some one snubbed us :pac:........sure ya did!

I'd fins it hard to believe we'd be in the market for him. :eek: But ya never know with the Moses link recently it could have some truth.

Nah i havent heard us linked with him at all, we are after Neymar, Cavani, Falcao, Shurrle and Hulk. Besides, if he taught he had a choice of course he would pick us :D

Very quiet in here lately, the sooner the better this window opens togive us some thing to argue about :pac:

Has any one got their hands on a ticket for the Dundalk game?
    I asked in elverys the weekend and they said they didn have any. Gonna ring Oriel park this week and see what the craic is with getting a ticket.

• Advertisement

Hulk, we need a right forward.

Aquila wrote: »
    And what players would fit best at Chelsea?

Neymar, widely regarded as the best young talent on the planet, what team doesnt need that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

truth is we dont know what formation chelsea will be playing next season...

we can guess though..

the players chelsea have signed this summer can play in a number of positions

I still think we have to be careful of the number of players we ship out.
    Yes, I'd like to see Malouda etc go, but I dont think we have any kids good enough to step up quite yet and we cant afford to be blowing too much cash on new players with FPP rules, plus the kids will be put off, because they will see their way into the team blocked again.

Looking at some of the rumours, we seem to be going the right way - looking for cheap players who would be on the bench, like Moses etc

How many slots do we have currently free?

• Advertisement

I still think we have to be careful of the number of players we ship out.
    Yes, I'd like to see Malouda etc go, but I dont think we have any kids good enough to step up quite yet and we cant afford to be blowing too much cash on new players with FPP rules, plus the kids will be put off, because they will see their way into the team blocked again.

Looking at some of the rumours, we seem to be going the right way - looking for cheap players who would be on the bench, like Moses etc

How many slots do we have currently free?

Free slots IMO are 2 right side attackers, one Right wing back and one midfielder.

Players i see fit for our 1st team are

Torres
    Sturridge
    Hazard
    Marin
    Mata
    Ramires
    Lampard
    Mikel
    Oriel
    McEachran
    Cole
    Bertrand
    Terry
    Cahil
    Luiz
    Ivanovic
    Hutch
    Chalobha

Two players that are also able to play 1st team are Essien and Meireles. Bothe good players but i would like them to be replaced. Some youth mixed in there ready for game time. DeBruyne Kalas Courtios and Lukaku will more than likely be loaned. Bruma may be sold/loaned again.

Lamps and Terry are getting on. Cole has another season or two before Bertrand/PVA takes his spot. McEachran can take over from Lamps but as it stands McEachran has a way to go before he is good enough to take Lamps spot.

IMO our Midfield will be weak in dept if we have one or two injuries.Fair enough we can move Hazard/Marin back into midfield but that then can weaken our forward line.

If we sign Hulk, Modric, Debuchy we will have a complete squad including strenght in dept. Good mix of old and young players. Lots of talent!

We dont have to worry about FFP as we are doing fine and after winning the Champions league we have boosted our spenditure by about 100m from prize money and endorsments.

We can play DiMatteos prefered 4-2-3-1 formation and if he gets the job full time it wont make a difference.If We end up with Guardiola the season after next we can easily change our formation to 4-3-3.

4-2-3-1

Torres

Sturridge

---Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk---
    ---Marin
    Lampard
    Ramires

Modric---Mikel

Lampard---Oriel

Cole
    Terry----Cahil----Debuchy
    Bertrand--Luiz
    Ivan----Hutch-

Cech

Hilario

4-3-3

Hazard
    Torres
    Hulk
    Marin
    Sturridge----Moses?

Modric
    Mata

Lampard
    Ramires

Mikel

Oriel

Cole
    Terry----Cahil----Debuchy
    Bertrand--Luiz
    Ivan----Hutch-

Cech

Hilario

We already let go of Drogba, Bosingwa and Kalou.
    A lot of rumors now that Malouda will soon be shipped out to Brazil.
    Yossi can go as we never had him to begin with.
    Essien is fading fast and we already have player that offer what Essien had to offer.
    Ferraira can also go as we have Hutch as a 3rd choice RB after we sign a new RB.

So thats Drogba, Bosingwa, Kalou, Yossi, Essien and Ferraira gone
    Thats a saving in wages of about 26m a year.

Add to that if we were to sell Meireles for 8m plus the saving in his wages? So we could be up nearly 40m.

Now if we look at our spending?

Modric i reckon we could get him for 40m
    Wages 80k P/w

Hulk 38m
    Wages 110k P/w

Hazard 32m
    Wadges 170k P/w

Debuchy 10m
    Wages 40k P/w

That makes about 21m a year in wages
    Players fees would come to around 125m - 130m
    A total spend of 38m per year for the next five years when you take into account the savings on players sold/released.

Thats my take on things any way.........rant over im going on lunch:P

Few things, I reckon Luiz will start this season, hes to good to drop and hes better tehn Cahill and JT, no matter what spin the English Media put on it.

If we get Modric, he'll probably be in line for £100K + wages.

Is Hazard really on 170K a week?

Debuchy would probably want more money to.

Thats the problem we face, clubs know we have the moeny and agents and players know to that they can say I want X amount a week with X bonuses and X signing on fee and Roman could pander to the demand very easily.

I totally agree Gav, Luiz is a brilliant CB and i would start him ahead of Cahill. Id even go as to say Terry could be in trouble with the racisim thing and he may need to be taken from the lime light for the sake of Chelseas image. Cahill could start along with Luiz at CB next season which played brilliant together last season.

As for wages Modric is suppose to be on 40k now a week so i figure we can double it handy :P

I find it hard to belive but im using worst case secanrio on Hazard 170k p/w.

Oh and when i counted out the net spenditure i never took into account our takens from the Champions league win....remember we won the Champions leage and we are the Champions of Europe.......Champions i say!!! :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVvQzACwE6kDyF6EFD_j0bKUN5MeGkDCKzj_Y0qZVOswkAmOq6sxMsO3oN

I totally agree Gav, Luiz is a brilliant CB and i would start him ahead of Cahill. Id even go as to say Terry could be in trouble with the racisim thing and he may need to be taken from the lime light for the sake of Chelseas image. Cahill could start along with Luiz at CB next season which played brilliant together last season.

As for wages Modric is suppose to be on 40k now a week so i figure we can double it handy :P

I find it hard to belive but im using worst case secanrio on Hazard 170k p/w.

Oh and when i counted out the net spenditure i never took into account our takens from the Champions league win....remember we won the Champions leage and we are the Champions of Europe.......Champions i say!!! :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVvQzACwE6kDyF6EFD_j0bKUN5MeGkDCKzj_Y0qZVOswkAmOq6sxMsO3oN

Yep, I'd start JT and Luiz ahead of Cahill

Its hard to pick at the moment, I'd give serious consideration to dropping JT but Cahill sint upto standard yet to be a long term replacement, hes certainly improved and his partnership with Luiz against Bayern they made some crucial blocks and they marshalled those around them very well.

I think JT still just shades it though and thats before we bring Ivan into the picture who could easily play alongside Luiz.

Its hard to pick at the moment, I'd give serious consideration to dropping JT but Cahill sint upto standard yet to be a long term replacement, hes certainly improved and his partnership with Luiz against Bayern they made some crucial blocks and they marshalled those around them very well.

I think JT still just shades it though and thats before we bring Ivan into the picture who could easily play alongside Luiz.

No way would I drop a fit JT. But his back and knees are getting dodgier plus the whole court case thing coming up

I've seen milk turn faster then JT ffs :p

I agree he still slightly has the edge over Cahill but there will be times this season I think when injuries will force him to the side line, as you mentioned his knee and back.

In saying that I dont think Cahill will ever be as good as JT and we may have to sign a top class replacement in the near future if JT hangs up his boots. Unless Chaloblah can make the step up I say we go for Hummels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I've noticed a few of you like to post up your preferred line ups for the new season. Here's a handy site to help visualize your team and save your dash(-) key.

This11.com

abCT3JFaqa.jpg

Yes, I'm that old

I've seen milk turn faster then JT ffs :p

I agree he still slightly has the edge over Cahill but there will be times this season I think when injuries will force him to the side line, as you mentioned his knee and back.

In saying that I dont think Cahill will ever be as good as JT and we may have to sign a top class replacement in the near future if JT hangs up his boots. Unless Chaloblah can make the step up I say we go for Hummels.

Dont get me wrong, JT is still one of the worlds best defenders but i can see a change of tactic coming which eventually nudge JT out on to the bench. His pace lets him down and if we are to play the attacking football Roman wants then we have to have mobile defenders. Cahill and Luiz are the perfect fit. I have always been a fan of Cahill and i was delighted we signed him and not Subotic/Hummels etc.

Our Defence is brilliant sure just ask Barcelona and Bayern. Chalobha is a star in the making, im telling ya! Cahill will take Terrys place eventually and Chalobha will then take Cahills place. Dont forget we have Bruma and Kalas also about to start looking for some first teams action. I think we are sorted in defence for a few years once we sign up a proper RB.

• Advertisement

RichT wrote: »
    I've noticed a few of you like to post up your preferred line ups for the new season. Here's a handy site to help visualize your team and save your dash(-) key.

This11.com

abCT3JFaqa.jpg

Yes, I'm that old

Dam no access in work :(

Thanks any way MrT

This11.com

abCT3JFaqa.jpg

Yes, I'm that old

What a team - remember them well!

Even went to Housemans Testimonial in 73
    Very sad, RIP Nobby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZpHVKpuBV5M

(never did find out why he was nicknamed Nobby!?)

Question?

Whos the oldest and whos the youngest among us?

I'm 26, feel like a whipper snapper at the moment now in here. :pac:

Ha ha yeah Sgt you make us seem like kids!

Im the big 30 on friday :( getting old!!

Ha ha yeah Sgt you make us seem like kids!

Im the big 30 on friday :( getting old!!

Lets just say, I'm in my (very late) 40's! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sgt Pepper 64

It's a puzzler alright :rolleyes:

I suppose I could be RichT65 :o

I'm 20. I feel like such a baby :( :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm 20. I feel like such a baby :( :pac:

I'll swap!!

Poor oul grandad sgt going on about Nobby. Most of us can bearly remember Drogba :pac: :pac:

Poor oul grandad sgt going on about Nobby. Most of us can bearly remember Drogba :pac: :pac:

He'll tell ya about Fatty Foulke if you ask nice.

3_682x500_1365061a.jpg

Brilliant!! :pac:

I'll swap!!

Thanks, but no thanks :p

Is that a Nigerian late 40's? Where you go onto lineout for Inter Milan as a promising 18 year old. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

How would Chelsea be set with the new Financial Fair Play rules if they did make another big signing like Hulk?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

26 myself

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

52 !!!! barely managing to think and type at the same time, but I have to say I really enjoy reading all your posts here, here's hoping for another good season, but it'll have to go some way to beat the finish of last season.

Can't wait to hear the crowd at the first home game.................

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE,

Get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Bartyman wrote: »
    52 !!!! barely managing to think and type at the same time, but I have to say I really enjoy reading all your posts here, here's hoping for another good season, but it'll have to go some way to beat the finish of last season.

Can't wait to hear the crowd at the first home game.................

CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE, CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE,

Get in there.

We could be twins Bartyman, you'd have to feel sorry for some of these young ones who'll never get to esperience what it's like to win the famous Zenith Data
    systems trophy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

As we expected

Graeme Bailey @SkyGraemeBailey

Atletico Madrid confirm that Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois will spend a second season on loan at the Vicente Calderon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement