Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

Techless wrote: »
    We could be twins Bartyman, you'd have to feel sorry for some of these young ones who'll never get to esperience what it's like to win the famous Zenith Data
    systems trophy.

Yeah, and the old second division, grew up in Ballyfermot surrounded by Utd & Liverpool fans, made the Champions League win all the more enjoyable, spent the night ringing ould friends !!!!!.

As for the twins, I'll be happy to settle to be the good looking one:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Aquila wrote: »
    AVB is the new Spurs boss,what ye think?

If he shows the same level of tactical nous (or complete lack of) that he showed with us then spurs won't be improving under him. So thats good news then:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

What do you think?

MUSEIST wrote: »
    If he shows the same level of tactical nous (or complete lack of) that he showed with us then spurs won't be improving under him. So thats good news then:)

He made mistakes but it wasn't all his fault in fairness.

amiable wrote: »
    He made mistakes but it wasn't all his fault in fairness.

I agree, not all his fault but you got to admit that big question marks were raised about his tactics, substitutions, interaction and treatment of players and his apathy towards even trying to defend. I'm sure he has learned from the chelsea experience but I'm not sure he will improve spurs and thats why he is a big risk for spurs IMO.

I agree, not all his fault but you got to admit that big question marks were raised about his tactics, substitutions, interaction and treatment of players and his apathy towards even trying to defend. I'm sure he has learned from the chelsea experience but I'm not sure he will improve spurs and thats why he is a big risk for spurs IMO.

What treatment of players?

Alex and Anelka were treated like crap, he really showed his inexperience when handling that.

Alex and Anelka were treated like crap, he really showed his inexperience when handling that.
    In fairness we dont know what really happened behind the scenes.
    Add to that Anelka has lots of previous of bad behaviour.
    Bad examples IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Brillant for Spurs, bad for the league.

I think he'll bring Spurs to a next level and win something with them.

His style of play and tactics would suit the current Spurs squad better then it would have our squad last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

RichT wrote: »
    I've noticed a few of you like to post up your preferred line ups for the new season. Here's a handy site to help visualize your team and save your dash(-) key.

This11.com

abCT3JFaqa.jpg

Yes, I'm that old

Yes I remember that side so well they were a joy to watch and Cooke is right up there with Franco as my all time favourite player. Always thought Houseman was called Auntie but a very untimely and sad death, was at the testimonial as well.

I slipped out of my 40's last year getting so very very old

If it was almost any other side I would wish AVB all the very best but I cant. That aside if he has learnt from his experience at Chelsea and brings his Porto experience to bear I think he will do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

gavredking wrote: »
    Brillant for Spurs, bad for the league.

I think he'll bring Spurs to a next level and win something with them.

His style of play and tactics would suit the current Spurs squad better then it would have our squad last year.

Ha ha thats untill we take Modric off them :rolleyes:

Im not sure what to make of AVB at Spurs, i think it could go either way.

He made some poor tactical moves under Roman but i think he may have felt pressurised in doing so. The high line, playing a poor Torres, a slow technically inadaquat midfield, JT too slow for defending the high line etc.

But on the other hand he does have a better suited team in spurs to the way he plays although he is short a couple of players i think to challenge for the top 4 next season. Im sure he will look to move on one or two players and buy his own.

Any way Modric is to hand in a transfere request at last, i think we are still in with a good shout to signing him when you look at he is already PL proven, he wont have to move house, his friends and Family are settled in London, We can match madrid for wages and transfere fee. Only stubbling block i can see is Spurs wont want to sell to us. Robinho saga all over again :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Is he? Havent seen that on SSN or the BBC

what a day wrote: »
    Ha ha thats untill we take Modric off them :rolleyes:

Im not sure what to make of AVB at Spurs, i think it could go either way.

He made some poor tactical moves under Roman but i think he may have felt pressurised in doing so. The high line, playing a poor Torres, a slow technically inadaquat midfield, JT too slow for defending the high line etc.

But on the other hand he does have a better suited team in spurs to the way he plays although he is short a couple of players i think to challenge for the top 4 next season. Im sure he will look to move on one or two players and buy his own.

Any way Modric is to hand in a transfere request at last, i think we are still in with a good shout to signing him when you look at he is already PL proven, he wont have to move house, his friends and Family are settled in London, We can match madrid for wages and transfere fee. Only stubbling block i can see is Spurs wont want to sell to us. Robinho saga all over again :(

If AVB gets the job he will not sell Modric to us, no way in hell will Spurs send him to a rival if they have a similar offer from someone in Europe.

At least we wont be playing them in the CL :D

At least we wont be playing them in the CL :D

Hopefully the same will be true after next season.

Spurs to finish 5th.

Heres my prediction :

1) Chelsea
    2) City
    3) Arsenal
    4 ) Utd
    5) Spurs
    6) Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Modric will go to the highest bidder but RM have players that they can offer in exchange (Sahin) who could come in and play his role quite well. If its a case of offers being equal then he will be off to Spain. Not too sure how much wonga Roman has left to spend this summer and how it affects FFP. Can imagine it taking £40m to get Modric which will blow quite a hole in any transfer budget esp after splashing on Hazard

(1) Chelsea
    (2) ManUtd
    (3)Man City
    (4) Arsenal

I have a feeling City will struggle to keep their momentum going and you can never write off Fergie. Id also watch out for Liverpool making top four, Rodgers could make them dark horses this season.

We seem to be really making improvments on the squad from last season and we done alright in the end with our "too old to win any thing players". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Hopefully the same will be true after next season.

Spurs to finish 5th.

Heres my prediction :

1) Chelsea
    2) City
    3) Arsenal
    4 ) Utd
    5) Spurs
    6) Newcastle
    United to finish 4th?? Insert face palm here!!!

Utd will win league that I would bet a weeks wages on

United to finish 4th?? Insert face palm here!!!

Utd will win league that I would bet a weeks wages on

I would have said the exact same thing had you told me this time last year Chelsea would finish 6th and win a UCL and FA cup double in 2011/12.

Just how I see it playing out, I suppose its something we will look back on in a 11 months time and see how right. :pac:

For what its worth, if we dont win the league, City will again I feel.

City are favourites, then Utd, then ourselves.

Out of interest, why dya think Utd will win the league and by how many?

came across this yesterday, it can be a dangerous and downright daft predicting what will happen sometimes. Though the logic here was always a bit extreme.

http://www.ourkop.com/2011/07/14/why-stewart-downing-is-a-better-signing-than-juan-mata/

My prediction (as of today and the current squads!)

City
    Utd
    Chelsea
    Spurs
    Arsenal (If RVP leaves, otherwise 4th)

came across this yesterday, it can be a dangerous and downright daft predicting what will happen sometimes. Though the logic here was always a bit extreme.

http://www.ourkop.com/2011/07/14/why-stewart-downing-is-a-better-signing-than-juan-mata/

How A.Villa got what, £17Million for him from Liverpool I'll never know.

Usual English hyped player, combine that with the fact he plays on the left and could be the answer for England was always going to skew some peoples perception of Downing.

For what its worth I think hes fairly useless and often is a forgotten man on the pitch.

Also Mata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Downing

Have to agree with DarkKnight, Fergie is my favourite to win the League if i was a betting man my money would be on him. Im gonna back us though to win the league as we are more than capable and i think we should focus on racking up another few league titles. As much as i hate the man Fergie is one of the best managers of all time and you can never write him off, he could win the league with the Ireland squad FFS :eek:

Im gonna stick by my prediction and say City will struggle to keep their momentum frrom last year. I can see their forward line struggle next season unless they replace Teves Dzeko Adebayor etc, bar Aguero their forward line could be a lot weaker. Their midfield too with Hargreves gone, Milner not playing at his best, Like wise Nasri and Barry. Johnson could be on his way out and DeJong possibly being sold.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    Have to agree with DarkKnight, Fergie is my favourite to win the League if i was a betting man my money would be on him. Im gonna back us though to win the league as we are more than capable and i think we should focus on racking up another few league titles. As much as i hate the man Fergie is one of the best managers of all time and you can never write him off, he could win the league with the Ireland squad FFS :eek:

Im gonna stick by my prediction and say City will struggle to keep their momentum frrom last year. I can see their forward line struggle next season unless they replace Teves Dzeko Adebayor etc, bar Aguero their forward line could be a lot weaker. Their midfield too with Hargreves gone, Milner not playing at his best, Like wise Nasri and Barry. Johnson could be on his way out and DeJong possibly being sold.

Not even Jesus christ could win the league with the Irish squad. :p

You could be forgetting that City could just throw a couple of bob at their squad and be bolstered again for another few years.

I will predict that no English side will get to the UCL Semi final this year. :(

Would never discount Lord Ferg regardless of what anyone thinks he really is the outstanding manager of his (perhaps any) generation and his team will always have a chance.

It is getting more difficult for him though Utd do need to spend a few quid and they may not have it. I think the fight will be us and City with United and Arsenal taking other two places. Liverpool dont have the squad and Spurs will melt pretty certain of that. Newcastle could be a dark horse if they can keep the squad together and some luck with injuries.

QPR to be relegated along with West Ham and the Saints

I'd say Wigan will relegated this season,they rode their luck for the last 2 seasons and they will occupy one of the slots this season, I fancy West Ham to stay up though, think their squad is pretty decent.

Wigan
    Southampton
    QPR

In no particular order mind you.

I'd say Wigan will relegated this season,they rode their luck for the last 2 seasons and they will occupy one of the slots this season, I fancy West Ham to stay up though, think their squad is pretty decent.

Wigan
    Southampton
    QPR

In no particular order mind you.

You may well be right Gav it's more a wish than an expectation on my part re West ham

You may well be right Gav it's more a wish than an expectation on my part re West ham

So hopefully Spurs and Arsenal go down with West Ham so. :p

• Advertisement

If the Mirror are to be believed then they say we're going to be bidding for Jovetic.

He certainly would be cheaper then Hulk anyway and younger.

So hopefully Spurs and Arsenal go down with West Ham so. :p

That would be so funny even more so if Palace and Brentford got promoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Cheaper and younger then Hulk and likely to demand less wages?

SIGN HIM UP!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Cheaper and younger then Hulk and likely to demand less wages?

SIGN HIM UP!!!!!!!!

Different players though.

Hulk will offer something similar to Drogba (hopefully)
    Jovetic will be similar to Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Hulk is nothing like Drogba .. I presumed he would play as a WF supporting Torres?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Playboy wrote: »
    Hulk is nothing like Drogba .. I presumed he would play as a WF supporting Torres?

I meant in a big awkward lump of a thing kind of way. Although I didn't realize Hulk was under 6ft. :o

Ya, Hulk is more of an inverted winger really, always looks to cut in and shot.

Sure he played off Falcao when they were together at Porto.

I'd still rather Jovetic, I've never been sold by the hype around Hulk, bar his cool name.

Il not be disapointed if we sign Jovetic but id much prefere us sign Hulk.
    Hulk is more suited to not only the PL but also fits our squad better as we need a RW/RF. Jovetic is not a wide player but he can play wide. Like Schurrle, Jovetic can do a job out wide but is better through the middle. Only thing is we dont need a player like Schurrle or Jovetic, not when we have Torres Sturridge and Lukaku and we only play one striker.

I have also only ever seen Jovetic play from the left also as a winger so im not convinced he would be better than Hulk.

Jovetic played 27 games last season and scored 14 goals

Hulk Played 26 league games and scored 16 goals as a winger.
    38 games in total last season, 21 goals and 15 assists.

Younger, cheaper and Serie A > Primeria Liga

:p

• Advertisement

Younger, cheaper and Serie A > Primeria Liga

:p

Already had one serious knee injury and only one good full season!
    Potential is there alright though

Chelsea - first again, leading innovation as always! :D

FIFA’s Club World Cup in Japan in December, in which Chelsea will take part, is likely to be the first competition where goal-line technology will be used.

I just dont think Hulk is worth the money TBH.

Last year there was talks of activiating his €80 odd million release clause, hes worth probably quarter of that IMHO.

The transfer window hasnt opened yet anyway so should be interesting to see who we go for when its open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Hazard on the back of my jersey this year I think, justwaiting on squad numbers to be announced.

:D

Hazard on the back of my jersey this year I think, justwaiting on squad numbers to be announced.

Should go for MOSES!
    apparently we are back in for him with a 6 million bid, some twitter folk actually saying it has been accepted!

Moses?

Eeehhhh I think I'll pass on that one anyway :p

If it is £6 Million that would be decent business, he must surely understand that hes only going to be a squad player unless he drastically improves but once hes happy to bolster the squad then I'm all for it becasue there will be times when we'll need him and the squad players.

Me too Gav im gonna get Hazard on a long sleeve away jersey. Id imagine he will get the number 11 shirt when Drogs is gone

If we get Hulk he can have Kalou's shirt number as the 12 backwards :P

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUKeMl_HnSeAe8O9cWCbzhEILB0-3OCUIecj5L4Drq9TbCzht294ohDrCOJw

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Moses?

If it is £6 Million that would be decent business, he must surely understand that hes only going to be a squad player unless he drastically improves but once hes happy to bolster the squad then I'm all for it becasue there will be times when we'll need him and the squad players.

Think all this Moses talk is just a cunning plan to unsettle him and Wigan before the first game of the season ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Makes sense to replace our existing overpaid squad players with younger and hungrier ones who wont break the bank. Upside for them is possiblity of progressing and fulfilling their supposed potential and also chance of a trophy.
    Moses?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement