Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Have I missed much in the transfer rumours folks?
    Moses and Malouda, straight swap!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Not a thing. Hopefully Maloudas just gone. :)

From the Telegraph :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9363791/Chelsea-still-after-Tottenham-midfielder-Luka-Modric-as-Real-Madrid-cool-their-interest.html

Daniel Levy remains determined not to sell the Croatian to another Premier League club but it is believed Real Madrid’s interest has cooled in recent days.

Matters are complicated because Modric is threatening to hand in a transfer request while Spurs maintain that they value the 26 year-old, who is also wanted by Manchester United, at £50 million.

Spurs have secured Gareth Bale on a new four-year deal and are preparing the way for the appointment of a new manager, probably next week, with coaches Joe Jordan and Kevin Bond leaving the club on Thursday.

Andre Villas-Boas has been in advanced negotiations with Spurs for the past few days. If appointed, he is expected to bring in Portuguese assistants José Mario Rocha, a fitness coach, and Daniel Sousa, the head opposition scout, who left Chelsea with him in March. However, he will also appoint an assistant manager and a coach, while an enhanced role is being considered for Tim Sherwood, the club’s technical coordinator.

Levy is still considering whether to appoint a director of football, elevate Sherwood into that role or delay matters while he settles on the club’s management team, squad and move to the new training ground.

Theres no way in hell hes worth £50 Million :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Delighted to see we are still in the hunt for one of the worlds best midfielders!! I reckon we can get him for 40m or under.....30 odd any way.

As for Hulks 80m buy out clause, we all know he is not worth half that amount but its good to see we are in for him, and playing hard ball over the price. Id pay no more than 35m for him and that is still over paying but hey, every one is over charging us cause they know we have the funds.

Come on Modric ya little dancer!!! Imagine our midfield trio with Mata Modric and Mikel.....mouth watering under the right coach!! :D

Good attacking option, piss poor defensively though and throw in Hazard on the wing we'd be over run :p

If we do get Modric I can see him been deployed next to Mikel, att he moment with Hazard and Mata we ahev enough creative influences higher up the pitch, Mikel while been a good footballer doesnt have the spark to build from deep so thats when Modric would shine.

• Advertisement

If we do sign Modric he may very well play beside Mikel and id totally agree with it. But im thinking if we do get Guardiola next season id imagine he will play Modric as our Xavi, Mata as our Iniesta and Mikel or Oriel as our Busquetes. Hazard as our Messi :P.................cant wait!!

But as it stands we have the mighty DiMatteo in charge and he would play Modric in Lamps role beside Mikel as the deep playmaker (Modrics best position). We would have a very fluid Midfield 3 with Hazard Mata and Ramires. If we can add Hulk to that even better strength in dept and more options formation wise. If we do sign Modric Lamps wil have to relise he wont be playing every game and with us possibly playing 60 odd games a season there is plenty of playing time for lamps and it will help get the best from him as he will be fresh for a full season.

Its easier for Lamps and the older players to deal with rotation as RDM has brought them together and gave them a chance last season so its not as difficult as if say a new guy came in and dropped them, ala AVB last year.

Keeping RDM could be a blessing in disguise as the sqaud clearly like and trust him so this coming season should be one to savour.

I Totally agree Gav, DiMatteo was a blessing in disguise and id imagine he would do well with us for the forseable future but this season will be a huge test for him to see what he can do not only with the new signigs but attacking wise aswell. We all know what Roman expects and the way we have to play, but Robbie did not provide the attacking display expected by Roman but he did deliver the trophys.

I fully back Robbie and i know he will get us playing more expansive counter attcking football simular to the way spurs play but i just know once Pep declares himself ready for a job, Roman is going to be head of the que ready to offer Robbies job.

All RDM can do is his best, if he goes away and has a roaring success next year maybe win a trophy or two then I dont think he can hand over RDM's job.

Roman would force a rather large % of the support against him for sacking a club legend that went on to win the holy grail.

I'd love to see how Pep would do with another job outside of Barca and having known their system for a long time but I'm not sure I'd want it at RDM's expense, unless RDM crashes and burns next year which we wont know until 11 months time.

This si going to be proabbly the most exciting season for me in a long time, I dont really expect us to defend our UCL crown but theres nothing to suggest we cant do it, same with the EPL, its a tough ask for us to wrestle it away from City while psuhing out Utd and Arsenal but our squad is coming together nicely for a push at both and hopefully we can retain our FA cup, which we've made our own over the last decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Speculation in the London Evening Standard that should AVB take over Spurs this week he will come acalling for Studge. I do hope they will be told to take a hike unless Modric is part of the deal. Studge may only have a year left on his contract but given the Spurs attitude if we were to sell him let him off to Liverpool or back to City.

• Advertisement

Speculation in the London Evening Standard that should AVB take over Spurs this week he will come acalling for Studge. I do hope they will be told to take a hike unless Modric is part of the deal. Studge may only have a year left on his contract but given the Spurs attitude if we were to sell him let him off to Liverpool or back to City.

£20 Million + Sturridge = Modric.

Seems fair, although AVB persisted playing him on the right even though Danny wanted to play through the centre.

He could very well get a game through the centre for Spurs though given they probably wont sign Adebayor as his wages are out of their league unless he wants to take a 50-60K pay cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Yeah your right, all Robbie can do is his best and if he is a success i.e plays beautiful football and wins trophys it will be hard for Roman to sack him. But it will be a difficult season for himas its his first proper season. Unlike last year he just had to guide the team as best he could to a top four spot. This year he has to start a season and keep us going untill the end while playing a better brand of football that won us the CL title last season.

Dont get me wrong im not saying Robbie cant or wont do it but i am saying its going to be very very tough for Robbie to do both and keep his job. As i said il back Robbie till the end and even if he does not win another game with us he is and always will be a legend for us all. But i just cant see Roman not been able to hire Pep next season and i think Robbie knows it too. He signed a two year contract and he knows this is his best chance at making a real name for him self in the managerial world. He has a limted time with us but he has control of the best squad available to him.

Roberto-Di-Matteo-Chelsea-005.jpg

A slither of gossip from Football365's gossip section
    Florent Malouda's move to Brazil is stalling over wage demands

Aquila wrote: »
    And who would we replace Sturridge with?

Marin/De Bruyne for RW.
    Lukaku for up top

Panthro wrote: »
    A slither of gossip from Football365's gossip section

Noooooooooooooooooo

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRlRayKxBtaEafASzuPBdaesFp0SVMO5WNtAqtLqvReOcaFXN4cPg

Spot on, Give them Danny plus 20m and we will take Modric.
    We have Lukaku as back up to Torres and we are already looking at signing Jovetc and Shurrle.

AVB would have to play Danny in the center and he will come back to haunt us :p Lennon and Bale on either side of him would be suited perefect for AVB!

what a day wrote: »
    Spot on, Give them Danny plus 20m and we will take Modric.
    We have Lukaku as back up to Torres and we are already looking at signing Jovetc and Shurrle.

AVB would have to play Danny in the center and he will come back to haunt us :p Lennon and Bale on either side of him would be suited perefect for AVB!

Throw in Kyle Walker there and they could represent Britain in the 4 x 400m relay, some pace :eek:

Aquila wrote: »
    And who would we replace Sturridge with?

If there is only a year left and if he will not sign a new contract then best get shot when we cab get something for him. If he wants to leave the European Champions for the Europa league it does not say much for his ambition anyways.

• Advertisement

The lad has a massive ego and is been ill advised IMO. He has got the quality to start for us up front but he has to realise he has Torres now in front of him and only Torres. Since Drogba is gone and if we sign a right forward/winger Sturridge has a better chance of playing the central role in our attack. If we dont look to off load Sturride in the Modric deal i would really be keen on giving Sturridge a fair few games.

We need to play him and get his mind set with us and sign a contract extention. If he is still acting the idiot at least we can then sell him on once he signs an extension.

Kalas should be going on loan again too shortly.

This Giroud chap is such a nonse, he chose Arsenal over Chelsea because DiMatteo didn txt him and Wenger did?? Get the boat lad, your just Bendtners replacement. I have not hear one rumour about us been linked with him and now he is trying to rub us up along with QPR.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfMy2Z1MJEHlwfxcQ1exEjwf4oWVIniTohyVNU1uVzdcP9Ie9EC2q8jCc Open that window and start the recruiting!!

I wouldnt worry about Giroud, it seems that a few Arsenal fans see him as a slighht step up from Chamakh, who wasnt that great TBH.

Should RVP leave which I dont think he will, they'll struggle to replace him but on the plus side for them they should have Wilshire back.

50 Million for Modric according to Give Me Football?!
    Ahh here, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

gavredking wrote: »
    I wouldnt worry about Giroud, it seems that a few Arsenal fans see him as a slighht step up from Chamakh, who wasnt that great TBH.

Should RVP leave which I dont think he will, they'll struggle to replace him but on the plus side for them they should have Wilshire back.

I think RVP will leave for what it's worth.
    i think anyone who thinks Giroud is a slight step up from Chamakh is very much mistaken.

50 Million for Modric according to Give Me Football?!
    Ahh here, good luck.

That Bastion of football sources

amiable wrote: »
    I think RVP will leave for what it's worth.
    i think anyone who thinks Giroud is a slight step up from Chamakh is very much mistaken.

Could just be people been apprehensive about bringing in a guy from the French league and drawing similarities to where Chamakh has come from.

If RVP does leave then there will be a massive weight on Giroud shoulders to bang in 20 + goals a season.

That Bastion of football sources

It's no twitter alright.

It's no twitter alright.

As in someone like Ben Smith or Tony Barrett or Duncan Castles who are on twitter and repeatedly correct on twitter?

• Advertisement

I have not seen the chap play but he looks as though he will be Bendtners replacement a big 6"4 guy. Podolski to play along side Van Perise if he stays and Giroud will be plan B. Looks like Van Persie will leave though and they will struggle to finish top four is they cannot replace him. Persie carried Arsenal last season!

:pac: 50m for Modric come on now he aint that good, id spend no more then 40m and that is more than enough for him. I wreckon we should spend no more tha 35m we should get him for that!

Last year were reported to have offered somewhere around £42 Million for Modric, spurs will want similar money for him I reckon.

Which is crazy but hey, they dont want him to leave and we want him to join so ball is in there court and they can set any figure they want but will Levy want an unhappy Modric especially if he hands in another transfer request.

As in someone like Ben Smith or Tony Barrett or Duncan Castles who are on twitter and repeatedly correct on twitter?

And don't forget Terence Eley, another bastion

Last year were reported to have offered somewhere around £42 Million for Modric, spurs will want similar money for him I reckon.

Which is crazy but hey, they dont want him to leave and we want him to join so ball is in there court and they can set any figure they want but will Levy want an unhappy Modric especially if he hands in another transfer request.

I'd say Levy is determined to see him move abroad.
    Money talks though.

:confused:

I don't recall quoting him

Terence!

• Advertisement

I'd say Levy is determined to see him move abroad.
    Money talks though.

Definetly, I mean if they can get Real Madrid to offer €25 Million and Sahin or simialr then he could very well be heading to Spain, Levy would rather sell him to a lower Spanish bid I reckon then he would to us.

As of right now there should be 4 teams fighting for the 3rd/4th places in the league behind City and Utd and Spurs will not want to sell there prized asset to their direct rival for that UCL spot.

Fill me in again. Who is stalking who?

Fill me in again. Who is stalking who?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtXA10BQ-lTz6NgcGJ3NF1lxY8I4NUyLFgEpBrP6vpdiBRU3Da

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Quality! :D

RichT wrote: »
    Quality! :D

In fairness I have over 9000 posts so I can't recall them all
    It's ironic this poster accuses me of stalking him yet pulls out a post from months ago that I myself ridiculed the authenticity of at the time.

• Advertisement

Definetly, I mean if they can get Real Madrid to offer €25 Million and Sahin or simialr then he could very well be heading to Spain, Levy would rather sell him to a lower Spanish bid I reckon then he would to us.

As of right now there should be 4 teams fighting for the 3rd/4th places in the league behind City and Utd and Spurs will not want to sell there prized asset to their direct rival for that UCL spot.

Sahin said he does not want to leave Madrid so that puts a spanner in Madrids plans. I do agree though Levi would rather sell to Madrid but as Amiable said, money talks.....and roman talks loud!

I really do think we can out bid Man Utd for Modric and that just leaves Madrid in our way. I dont think Modric would like to go to PSG in a poor French league when he can stay in London make more double his money and play with the european champions:D

PSg are very ambitious though, if they want to start flaunting the dosh they coudl easily compete and Paris sint exactly a poor city to live in and they have UCL football this year.

I would agree though if we want him we'll be up among them but it depends on what Spurs and Levy want to do and I'd say selling to us is down low on that list. :(

Yea Gav Paris is a really beautiful city and has a lovely pace of life for such a huge place, if they want him they will be serious contenders to get him. We do have an advantage that the English league is so much better than the French and he wont have to move far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

PSg are very ambitious though, if they want to start flaunting the dosh they coudl easily compete and Paris sint exactly a poor city to live in and they have UCL football this year.

I would agree though if we want him we'll be up among them but it depends on what Spurs and Levy want to do and I'd say selling to us is down low on that list. :(

PSG will be hindered by President Hollande's plan to raise the top rate of tax to 75% though. If that happens then PSG would have to offer a far higher before tax wage so that the after tax wage is the same as it would be in England or Spain.

Then there are the more obvious factors such as the lower quality of football in France compared to Spain or England and the chance of winning the Champions League which would be higher with Madrid, Chelsea or United.

I think Chelsea still have the edge with Modric himself though as he wouldn't have to move, learn a new language and London has more to offer culturally than the other cities.

Levy's reluctance to accept a bid from us will hurt us though. But money talks and Chelsea can talk pretty loudly :D

PSG will be hindered by President Hollande's plan to raise the top rate of tax to 75% though. If that happens then PSG would have to offer a far higher before tax wage so that the after tax wage is the same as it would be in England or Spain.

Then there are the more obvious factors such as the lower quality of football in France compared to Spain or England and the chance of winning the Champions League which would be higher with Madrid, Chelsea or United.

I think Chelsea still have the edge with Modric himself though as he wouldn't have to move, learn a new language and London has more to offer culturally than the other cities.

Levy's reluctance to accept a bid from us will hurt us though. But money talks and Chelsea can talk pretty loudly :D

Agree with a lot of that except I think Paris and Madrid would offer at least as much or in the case of Paris much more culturally.

Agree with a lot of that except I think Paris and Madrid would offer at least as much or in the case of Paris much more culturally.

Sure PSG pinched Pastore away from a move from us last year although it could have been a good thing considering we managed to get Mata. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭Suryavarman

I was leaving Paris out of that comparison because of the other factors I mentioned but I would agree that it has more to offer. Wouldn't have thought Madrid had that much to offer though, I must learn a bit more about Madrid!

Sure PSG pinched Pastore away from a move from us last year although it could have been a good thing considering we managed to get Mata. ;)

Pastore went for the bigger wage, i dont think Modric is like that. Last i heard from Pastore he wanted to move to the PL :rolleyes:

what a day wrote: »
    Pastore went for the bigger wage, i dont think Modric is like that. Last i heard from Pastore he wanted to move to the PL :rolleyes:

Well his loss is our gain, I'd rather Mata anyway TBH and hes had a very good debut season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement