Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Has the transfer deadline passed yet......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Aquila wrote: »
    any more Hulk related news?

Fear not, THEY are coming

https://twitter.com/FootyProfit Claims we will sign Modric and Hulk next week.

I think I will actually soil myself if that happens!

Hazard, Modric Hulk etc all in one Super Dooper team - I'm gonna have to take some pills now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Still loving this, if ya have a few moments it goes through the lows and the incredible highs of our greatest night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

If/when AVB goes to Spurs, thats £11 million saved on his wages!

Let's give the Rumor Mill another crank.....

Both from Twitter Land......
    BREAKING: Sky Italia reporting that Maicon is close to signing for Chelsea.
    According to Sky Brazil, Chelsea have signed Ronaldinho on a free, He is set to join up with the squad for Pre-Season next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

RichT wrote: »
    If/when AVB goes to Spurs, thats £11 million saved on his wages!

I just read an article about this earlier that was originally published in March by Duncan Castles.
    Perhaps this is why AVB hasn't been installed officially until June is over?

Ps, anyone on twitter who follows Duncan Castles will find he's very good at replying to genuine questions from the public.

Maicon is what, 30/31? He'll ne an expensive short term stop gap for RB. Good player though.

Ronaldhino though........thats just plain crazy IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

gavredking wrote: »
    Maicon is what, 30/31? He'll ne an expensive short term stop gap for RB. Good player though.

Ronaldhino though........thats just plain crazy IMO.

If he could be got on the cheap I think he'd be a great signing. An aggressive RB is where you need to go and he wouldn't hold back the likes of Hutch, Kalas, Kane in future years.

G.K. wrote: »
    If he could be got on the cheap I think he'd be a great signing. An aggressive RB is where you need to go and he wouldn't hold back the likes of Hutch, Kalas, Kane in future years.

I'd agree with this. I mentioned a few weeks ago that I thought Maicon may be one of the Right Backs that Chelsea could go for.
    He's obviously not a long term solution but could be excellent in the EPL.
    I'd imagine his wages would be quite high but not an issue for Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Maicon would be a good option for a year or two, he's 31 in july I think. As long as the fee is small then it would be a good option I think.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Maicon would be a good option for a year or two, he's 31 in july I think. As long as the fee is small then it would be a good option I think.

There's rumours it could be a free transfer.
    He may command a signing on fee then but still probably cheaper than a transfer fee.

Sam Wallace(Independant) seems to think there is substance to the Maicon rumour.
    He thinks it may lead to Ivanovic moving to Centre back and Luiz going to Barcelona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

amiable wrote: »
    Sam Wallace(Independant) seems to think there is substance to the Maicon rumour.
    He thinks it may lead to Ivanovic moving to Centre back and Luiz going to Barcelona.

Would it not be more logical to suggest that maicon would just replace the departed bosingwa.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Would it not be more logical to suggest that maicon would just replace the departed bosingwa.

Possibly. All speculation at the moment.
    Maicon a definite upgrade on Bosingwa though.

I've read that Barcelona want both Luiz and Ivanovic :eek:

Source

• Advertisement

RichT wrote: »
    I've read that Barcelona want both Luiz and Ivanovic :eek:

Source

I'd say there's about zero chance of Chelsea agreeing to let both go

Agreed - I can see him as back up. Very good going forward thats for sure.
    Got ripped a new one by Bale in the CL, but then Inter played suicide tactics that match

The ron rumour is just silly i think\hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Agree he should be a backup.

Agree he should be a backup.
    I think hes good enough to start

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Does anyone know when sky should be advising their televised matches ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Apparently Chelsea don't have to pay out big for sacking AVB
    http://www.chelseafc-blues.com/andre-villas-boas-set-to-lose-nearly-11million/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Sky Italia reporting we're close to signing Maicon. Would be a great signing if true! :D

http://sport.sky.it/sport/calciomercato/2012/06/30/mercato_trattative_giornata.html Not sure how reliable they are though?

The Mirror say Chelsea will bid for Theo Walcott

blue-army wrote: »
    Sky Italia reporting we're close to signing Maicon. Would be a great signing if true! :D

http://sport.sky.it/sport/calciomercato/2012/06/30/mercato_trattative_giornata.html Not sure how reliable they are though?

Quite like this. I reckon if he is rotated then he could get back to his best. Like we saw with cole last season, once bertrand played in a few lesser games, cole played better in the big games, same could happen with maicon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Goodbye to Solomon kalou I'm not overly upset about this because he never really lived up to his full potential but I don't think anybody here could deny his commitment and desire unlike some of his teammates, goodluck with you're next club Solomon.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Legend!!!

Drogba leaves a permanently marked signed message to the players in the changing room in Cobham before leaving. #CFC
    Awt7QwXCQAAYV_B.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Goodbye to Solomon kalou I'm not overly upset about this because he never really lived up to his full potential but I don't think anybody here could deny his commitment and desire unlike some of his teammates, goodluck with you're next club Solomon.

Where is he going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

This morning SS News are linking Lampard to LA Galaxy on a 2 year contract.Not to sure how I feel with Lampard leaving :o.

Lamps wont leave, maybe if avb was in charge he may have been forced/pushed out but he still has plenty to offer us IMO.

I cant see us selling luiz, maybe ivanovic though if the price was right.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »

Where is he going?
    No where as yet as far as im aware just released because his contract has expired

Barr wrote: »
    This morning SS News are linking Lampard to LA Galaxy on a 2 year contract.Not to sure how I feel with Lampard leaving :o.

And JT to PSG?! (not SSN, but lazy jornos anyway)

Marca say Maicon was Jose's first option for the right back position, but Chelsea moved quickly and almost secured a deal with the player and Inter. They say Maicon will probably sign for Chelsea next week.

http://www.marca.com...1341143604.html

Torres with a clinical finish against Italy. Top scorer next season lads I'm telling ye.

BBC has just shown our chief scout in the crowd - wonder who is he interested in?.............................................

pssssssssssssssst - Its Roman

Oh and torres assists Mata! lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Will Torres get golden boot now? 3 goals and 1 assist equals Gomez I believe

kingtubby wrote: »
    Will Torres get golden boot now? 3 goals and 1 assist equals Gomez I believe

BBC just said he would - cos he's played less mins!

He'll be our top scorer too next season. If we can sign Iniesta we'd be sorted :p

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

BBC just said he would - cos he's played less mins!
    Happy for the man.
    Won't do his confidence any harm!

• Advertisement

If we can keep that boys head up we'll be devastating next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

So Torres ends his first full season at Chelsea as a Champions League, FA Cup and European Championship winner, whilst finishing as the golden boot winner in the latter.

It'll be interesting to see how next season goes for him, but what a season after he was basically written off this time last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Torres plays so much better in a red shirt :(

Barr wrote: »
    Torres plays so much better in a red shirt :(

Helps to have iniesta silva xavi xabi alonso etc etc we only have Mata but with Hazard coming I'm bankig on him to blast in the goals.

Pushed up his price nicely - now lets sell him and move on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Torres got the golden boot so, good tourney for chelsea it has to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

How do they decide who gets the Golden Boot in that tournament? Torres scored 3 goals, but so did Gomez, Ballotelli, Dzagoev, Mandzukic and Ronaldo...

I know they go with assists next to decide, but Torres and Gomez are tied on assists (1 each).

I was assuming that because Torres was on the Championship winning side and that he scored in the final that maybe that's why he was given it, but is that why, or is there another criteria?

DazMarz wrote: »
    How do they decide who gets the Golden Boot in that tournament? Torres scored 3 goals, but so did Gomez, Ballotelli, Dzagoev, Mandzukic and Ronaldo...

I know they go with assists next to decide, but Torres and Gomez are tied on assists (1 each).

I was assuming that because Torres was on the Championship winning side and that he scored in the final that maybe that's why he was given it, but is that why, or is there another criteria?

Apparently because Torres played less minutes he wins.
    I don't think the bookies are paying out like that though.

Apparently because Torres played less minutes he wins.
    I don't think the bookies are paying out like that though.

Some bookoes are paying out on all lf the players who gpt 3 but at reduced odds...a bit like an E/W bet I understand.

gavredking wrote: »
    Some bookoes are paying out on all lf the players who gpt 3 but at reduced odds...a bit like an E/W bet I understand.

More like a deadheat situation in a horse race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement