Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

amiable wrote: »
    The Mirror say Chelsea will bid for Theo Walcott

We've been linked with Walcott during almost every transfer window in the last 3 years.
    Very good impact player, but he'd surely never be a regular starter for Chels? Big fan of his though, great squad player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

PSG offering 8 million for Terry according to the Daily Mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Panthro wrote: »

I can't see that being true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I agree with amiable, dont think there would be much truth in that rumour, if it was true I wouldnt be too annoyed losing JT though, when we have Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic been kept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

......and with Barcelona wanting Luiz and Ivanovic (allegedly), all we need now is an interweb rumor that Gary Cahil is off and we can start the new season with a centre back less back four

gavredking wrote: »

I agree with amiable, dont think there would be much truth in that rumour, if it was true I wouldnt be too annoyed losing JT though, when we have Cahill, Luiz, Ivanovic been kept.
    While the court case is hanging over him I would say nothing else is on their mind.

RichT wrote: »
    ......and with Barcelona wanting Luiz and Ivanovic (allegedly), all we need now is an interweb rumor that Gary Cahil is off and we can start the new season with a centre back less back four

New back four in,

Hummels, Subotic, T.Silva, Ramos.

Sorted. :D

He's been mentioned in this thread before and I think we will see a little bit more of him this coming season.......

Todd Kane
    Born 17/9/93 in Huntingdon.
    With the club since he was an Under 8, Toddy is a very quick right-back, comfortable on the ball and tenacious in the tackle. He played in the youth team while still a schoolboy, and has developed into an England Under 19 international.
    He is capable of scoring goals from distance as he proved with a rocket in the 2011 national Reserve League play-off final which Chelsea went on to win.
    Toddy was also an integral part of the side that won the 2012 FA Youth Cup and along with the captain, Nathaniel Chalobah, he ended the season as part of the first team squad that flew to Munich for the Champions League Final.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I was leaving Paris out of that comparison because of the other factors I mentioned but I would agree that it has more to offer. Wouldn't have thought Madrid had that much to offer though, I must learn a bit more about Madrid!

Madrid is a wonderful City may be touch and go between it and London. Still Modric is not from hot climes so perhaps the London weather would be a better fit, Madrid can be very very hot.

As for JT if a stupid bid from PSG came in why not let him pop across the Channel it could be good for him and us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

A lot of players seemed to be linked with moves this window. I have to be honest and say i would not be devistated to see either Lampard or Terry move on. Lampard would have to be replaced with some one already proven to take his role while also moving McEachran in as his rotation/Back up player.

Terry is an emense defender still but he has brough a lot of negative views on the club. He is a top defender and has been with us since the start but his pace/age and wages are all against him now and with Cahill and Luiz making a brilliant partnership we could already have a replacment for Terry in Chalobha/Bruma/Kalas/Hutch/Ivan all ready to play a back up role to Cahill and Luiz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

RichT wrote: »
    He's been mentioned in this thread before and I think we will see a little bit more of him this coming season.......

Todd Kane

From what I have seen of Kane, he is a long way from even "doing" a Bertrand.

I agree sgt, Kane is far from been part of our First team IMO.
    We need a Right Back and a right forward before we even move any more players out. Will be good to see a few young players play this season and i thinkk McEachran and Bertrand will have a decent role this season.

When you look at the new generation of players in the squad we look really strong for years to come but when we add the players we will sign this window we will surely have on of the best squads in the world.

Mata
    Ramires
    Hazard
    Sturridge
    Mikel
    Marin
    Luiz
    Cahill
    Bertrand
    Torres
    McEachran
    Ivanovic
    Oriel
    Courtois

We already have a really strong back bone for our future with even more youth coming through the ranks like PVA Chaolobah Bamford Feruz Piazon Swift etc.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

duploelabs wrote: »
    Apparently Chelsea don't have to pay out big for sacking AVB
    http://www.chelseafc-blues.com/andre-villas-boas-set-to-lose-nearly-11million/
    That's interesting. At the time, he was described as being on 'gardening leave'. I wasn't quite sure what that meant. Possibly that they had an option to bring him back once the season was over and a raft of players could be safely moved on.

But no, it was a smart contractual move.

McDave wrote: »
    That's interesting. At the time, he was described as being on 'gardening leave'. I wasn't quite sure what that meant. Possibly that they had an option to bring him back once the season was over and a raft of players could be safely moved on.

But no, it was a smart contractual move.

It effectively meant he was sacked but Chelsea continued to pay his monthly salary.
    This is quite possibly why there is a hold up in Spurs officially appointing him.

Oh and torres assists Mata! lovely
    That was nice. A sign of things to come if Torres stays.

That was nice. A sign of things to come if Torres stays.

And yet Torres didn't make the team of the tournament.
    Must be a first for a Golden Boot winner

Pushed up his price nicely - now lets sell him and move on!
    Whether Torres moves on or not will tell us a lot about the way CFC intend to play next season.

We might be tempted if we get our money back and upgrade. Otherwise, it might be worth giving him a season to help deliver a premiership. That would constitute a decent return on investment.

Whether Torres moves on or not will tell us a lot about the way CFC intend to play next season.

We might be tempted if we get our money back and upgrade. Otherwise, it might be worth giving him a season to help deliver a premiership. That would constitute a decent return on investment.

How much do you believe Chelsea would get if they decided to cash in?

• Advertisement

And yet Torres didn't make the team of the tournament.
    Must be a first for a Golden Boot winner
    Torres wasn't instrumental to Spain's campaign. But when called upon he delivered. Just compare him to his 2010 WC performance and demeanour.

I don't think anyone at Chelsea is sure what to make of Torres and his future. At this stage to stick with him is an act of faith.

One thing is for sure. RDM is going to have to develop a strategy for 2012/13. It's going to be fascinating to see what role T may or may not have in the new set up.

Well, getting their money back would imply around €40 million.

If RDM has a vision and T isn't part of it, and the word gets out, CFC might have to settle for less. Say €25 million.

Also, as the window is now open, we should get some indications of interest. If interest is low (say under €20 milion), CFC might just decide to hold onto him.

Not a bad season.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQewICOuGNFaIZHxz3Z2G3QkD6ql_l6bI5T1XFN-xk2E5TQn-tT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8vFm3rSXTGOO65GpPwMlzH_VoUMupk3w7ONCGLP1f4URo2JPNIQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxr3OiV9UQyqCqwZLBfLo_pEl52NnAfCEdMxoN6Uc_2iHteC_oBg

Torres is NOT moving on. Steps have\are being taken to build the team around him with quick attacks based on movement and passing rather than lumping the ball up to to Drogba.

Whats clear is that we are after another striker, probably a "junior" striker.
    We may also be after an established striker to rotate with Torres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Not a bad haul at all. If he hasn't got his head back in the game come August I'll be very surprised.

Best of luck to him.

Schism wrote: »
    Not a bad haul at all. If he hasn't got his head back in the game come August I'll be very surprised.

Best of luck to him.

I've said it that I expect him to bang in 20 + goals next season, it is his last chance as if he hasnt improved he'll be gone by either January or the summer.

• Advertisement

I've said it that I expect him to bang in 20 + goals next season, it is his last chance as if he hasnt improved he'll be gone by either January or the summer.

That would be an amazing season like our double one.
    We just need him to at least match Danny and get double figures!
    If everyone chips in then we stand a chance

Lamps and Danny both got 11. Drogba and Torres got 6

It takes at least 70 goals to win the league, we only managed 65 last season, but City scored 93 and Utd 89 (But that hasnt been the norm in the league)

Dont know if its been mentioned but the Mail are reporting that Wigan want at least £12 million for Moses.

Thnaks Wiogan it was nice doing buisness but thats about £4 million more then what I'd value him at.

He's got the talent to do it, no doubt.

For what it's worth, the bookies think so too. I was going to put a few quid on him to be top scorer, but it was only 10/1 in PP. I know it sounds long but considering they have Rooney, RVP and Aguero at 8/1 I was expecting better odds.

I guess the odds reflect Drogba's absence.

Lads its a bit boring in here in work so i done some doddling on the note book and played a bit of fantasy football to myself. I could be totally wrong and i know it may be next to impossible to do but this is what i came up with.

We have a lot of dead weight and high earners at the club (including the players we just let go).
    These players are :

Kalou 50k P/w
    Bosingwa 60K P/w
    Drogba 110K P/w
    Malouda 70K P/w
    Ferraira 50K P/w
    Essien 80K P/w
    Meireles 60K P/w
    Turnbull 15K P/w

TOTAL 495K P/w :eek:

So thats a saving of say 500K P/w avg. And now add to that some players that could be sold on for cash also. Im going to guess a rough figure on what each player is worth if we were to sell them.

Meireles i know he has a few fans here but i honestly think we can get a better player in and use his wages and 10m sell on fee to good use against some incoming players.

Turnbull im going to be greedy and say we would get 3m for him and draft Blackman in as back up to Turnbull untill Courtious is back after next season.

Lampard is supposed to be been chased by L.A galaxy and we could be better off letting the legend move on. He has offered us his best years and he is currently best suited as a deep lying playmaker which we have McEachran ready to slot into that role now. If we let Lampard leave thats another saving of at least 110k P/w

Terry another legend that has more disadvantages then advatages. His wages are weighing him down aswell as his pace. His personal life and also this racist row is throwing another nasty spotlight over our club and we could be best parting ways. With PSG offering 8m for the 110k P/w defender i say do a deal and move him on.

So thats 500k P/w wages gone off the bill now when we add Lampard and Terry to this, thats about 715K P/w :eek: :eek:

Kalou 50k P/w
    Bosingwa 60K P/w
    Drogba 110K P/w
    Malouda 70K P/w
    Ferreira 50K P/w
    Essien 80K P/w
    Meireles 60K P/w
    Turnbull 15K P/w
    Terry 110K P/w
    Lampard 110K P/w

TOTAL 715 K P/w

Now add the fee for Meireles Terry and Turnbull into the mix thats a return of around 20m. This will contribute hugely to our transfere kitty while also reducing our outlay to adhere to FFP. (A saving of over 37m a year!!)

Taking all these players out of our squad is a massive change i do agree, but look at how many of them are first team regulars. Drogba Lampard Terry and Meireles of late. Malouda is pants, Drogba is already gone and replaced with Torres. This leaves Terry and Lamps.
    Now look at our squad with these listed players missing.

Hazard..........Torres.........??????
    Marin...........Sturridge.......??????
    ............................Mata...........
    ...........??????.......Ramires.........
    ........McEachran.......................
    ....................Mikel...................
    ....................Oriel...................
    Cole......Cahill........Luiz.....??????
    Ryan.B...Chalobha...Ivan....Hutch
    ...................Cech...................
    ..................Turnbull................

That leaves four players short of having a top squad. But this also leave more room for youth players to get a chance to shine with our squad. The likes of Piazon, Lukaku, DeBruyne, Chalobha are not long from being able to challenge for a spot in our first team.

Now with our Champions league winnings and our massive savings of moving on some players who would you like us to buy?
    I have also taken out our outlay for Hazard and Marin thats 40m and 200k P/w wages.
    Dont forget we have 100m Champions league revenue, 26m a year saved on wages and also add 20m from sales.

TOTAL 117m to splend and 26 million on wages :D

My Targets would be Hulk Modric and Debuchy

Modric 40m 90k P/w
    Hulk 35m 100K P/w
    Debuchy 15m 60K P/w

Id also try and sign Lucas for 30m 80K P/w

Thats a total of 120M 330k P/w
    Thats a net spend of 3m and a savings in wages of 385K P/w

Hazard..........Torres............Hulk
    Marin...........Sturridge.......??????
    ............................Mata...........
    ...........Modric.......Ramires.........
    ........McEachran.......................
    ....................Mikel...................
    ....................Oriel...................
    Cole......Cahill........Luiz....Debuchy
    Ryan.B...Chalobha...Ivan....Hutch
    ...................Cech...................
    ..................Turnbull................

Nice ah?? :D

That would be an amazing season like our double one.
    We just need him to at least match Danny and get double figures!
    If everyone chips in then we stand a chance

Lamps and Danny both got 11. Drogba and Torres got 6

It takes at least 70 goals to win the league, we only managed 65 last season, but City scored 93 and Utd 89 (But that hasnt been the norm in the league)

I'd be delighted if he got 15-20 in the league and made it 25 for all competitions that would be a brillant return.

We have 6-7 weeks until the season starts and hopefully a good pre-season will stand to him, last pre-season he looked sharp and ready but ddint turn into goals when it mattered, hopefully a few more goals and assists and we can all be happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Drogba wasn't an instant hit with us either and most have even forgot how poor he was last season bar the massive games where he rocked! Torres's suffered from a lack of confidence which he is regaining as we speak and trying to fit a new team who were used to providing fora different type of striker.
    He'll be with us I'd bet and I'd say he will repay our faith in him.

He's got the talent to do it, no doubt.

For what it's worth, the bookies think so too. I was going to put a few quid on him to be top scorer, but it was only 10/1 in PP. I know it sounds long but considering they have Rooney, RVP and Aguero at 8/1 I was expecting better odds.

I guess the odds reflect Drogba's absence.

With Drogba gone its a double edge sword for him.

There should be less pressure if he starts as he knows that Drogab wont be on after 65 minutes but also theres more pressure because he has to score more goals now. :pac:

Hes won practically everything in the game now bar a major European league so hopefully he can fire us to it next season.

Them odds are pretty poor but I might throw €50 on it, its a long term investment, although I'll wait until we know who Chelsea are in for before throwing my money at the bookies. :pac:

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Drogba wasn't an instant hit with us either and most have even forgot how poor he was last season bar the massive games where he rocked! Torres's suffered from a lack of confidence which he is regaining as we speak and trying to fit a new team who were used to providing fora different type of striker.
    He'll be with us I'd bet and I'd say he will repay our faith in him.

Drogab started coming into his own at 27/28 for us, right aorund Nandos age at the moment, theres hope for him yet.

Them odds are pretty poor but I might throw €50 on it, its a long term investment, although I'll wait until we know who Chelsea are in for before throwing my money at the bookies. :pac:

Too poor imo, I'm all about the long shot!

I'd be quite sickened if Chelsea sign Hulk and Torres drops a couple of points if I lumped on it. Podolski is 20/1 and Giroud is 22/1. That's what I was expecting Torres to be on.

Anyway, I digress. It'll be nice to see Torres do well (excepting if it's gong to cost United the league :o)

Too poor imo, I'm all about the long shot!

I'd be quite sickened if Chelsea sign Hulk and Torres drops a couple of points if I lumped on it. Podolski is 20/1 and Giroud is 22/1. That's what I was expecting Torres to be on.

Anyway, I digress. It'll be nice to see Torres do well (excepting if it's gong to cost United the league :o)

Form will never really effect the bookies though, they realise Torres will be at the very least starting striker for us next season which will always skew the odds lower.

If it was going on form he'd be down in the high teens, maybe 17/1 area and then it would be worth a few bob but there is little value at 9's unless your willing to put decent money on it, money I dont got. :pac:

Ah I'll swap ya Utd winning the league if my Torres €50 9/1 comes up, ye can keep the title then. :P

Torres is NOT moving on. Steps have\are being taken to build the team around him with quick attacks based on movement and passing rather than lumping the ball up to to Drogba.

Whats clear is that we are after another striker, probably a "junior" striker.
    We may also be after an established striker to rotate with Torres.

Happy to see you quit the sulking and engage.
    I didn't say Torres was leaving.
    It was brought up by another poster about selling him.
    I enquired as to how much Chelsea would get if they cashed in.

Personally I wouldn't see paying big money for a player like Hulk to then go and call him a 'junior striker' as a good move.

Happy to see you quit the sulking and engage.
    I didn't say Torres was leaving.
    It was brought up by another poster about selling him.
    I enquired as to how much Chelsea would get if they cashed in.

Personally I wouldn't see paying big money for a player like Hulk to then go and call him a 'junior striker' as a good move.

I dotn think Hulk would replace Torres though, yes Hulk could play through the middle if Torres was having a stinker but its widely regarded he'll play with Torres and Hazard.

I knwo your point is that Hulk wouldnt be a " junior striker " but I dont think he'll be bought to play anywhere but on the wing in support of a main striker.

On the price, I'd say if we got half what we paid for him we'd be doing very well IMO.

I dotn think Hulk would replace Torres though, yes Hulk could play through the middle if Torres was having a stinker but its widely regarded he'll play with Torres and Hazard.

I knwo your point is that Hulk wouldnt be a " junior striker " but I dont think he'll be bought to play anywhere but on the wing in support of a main striker.

On the price, I'd say if we got half what we paid for him we'd be doing very well IMO.

Time will tell Gav. It would seem that everybody is basing this assumption that Torres will be the main man next season on these so called assurances he was given before the Euros.
    The thing is Chelsea didn't have a manager when these assurances were given.

As you know I'm a big fan of Torres so I'd hate people to think I'm only on here to have a go at him.

I can't figure out why he's not fired at Chelsea but a bit like a couple of times last season a few decent performances doesn't fix everything.
    It takes months to build up form but only a couple of games to destroy it too.

Time will tell Gav. It would seem that everybody is basing this assumption that Torres will be the main man next season on these so called assurances he was given before the Euros.

As you know I'm a big fan of Torres so I'd hate people to think I'm only on here to have a go at him.

I can't figure out why he's not fired at Chelsea but a bit like a couple of times last season a few decent performances doesn't fix everything.

I can only base the assumptions on our current lack of a CF. If Drogba had stayed with us I could honestly see Torres getting sold, its turned out the opposite for the time being and hopefully he does turn it around.

Bit in bold, very true, he was looking good last year in patches when he had a few good weeks and then he'd have a poor game or get whipped and he'd be back to square one.

Ah I'll swap ya Utd winning the league if my Torres €50 9/1 comes up, ye can keep the title then. :P

Hell I'd nearly pay it myself, sure I've all year to save for it :D

• Advertisement

I can only base the assumptions on our current lack of a CF. If Drogba had stayed with us I could honestly see Torres getting sold, its turned out the opposite for the time being and hopefully he does turn it around.

Bit in bold, very true, he was looking good last year in patches when he had a few good weeks and then he'd have a poor game or get whipped and he'd be back to square one.

It's only July 2nd though. Chelsea could buy Falcao, Cavani, Hulk, Huntelaar, Adebayor, Forlan, Pato, Papiss Cisse or another striker yet this summer.

It's only July 2nd though. Chelsea could buy Falcao, Cavani, Hulk, Huntelaar, Adebayor, Forlan, Pato, Papiss Cisse or another striker yet this summer.

The ones in bold please.

All 4 of them. :D

The ones in bold please.

All 4 of them. :D

I think Huntelaar would be excellent at Chelsea. I think he'd bang in the goals there

Can't see Torres getting a sniff if we buy all of them. ;)

I think Huntelaar would be excellent at Chelsea. I think he'd bang in the goals there

I'd have my reservations, although like Gomez the lad can finish 9 out of 10 chances.

I suppose it all depends on how much and I think Klaas would expect to be 1st choice also if he moved here.

If I could cherry pick one it would be Falcao then Cavani.

How are Liverpool fixed for selling Suarez to play RW? :eek: :p

I'd have my reservations, although like Gomez the lad can finish 9 out of 10 chances.

I suppose it all depends on how much and I think Klaas would expect to be 1st choice also if he moved here.

If I could cherry pick one it would be Falcao then Cavani.

How are Liverpool fixed for selling Suarez to play RW? :eek: :p

If Chelsea offered enough money I'm sure Liverpool would be open for business.

The wanting to be first choice bugs me. If a player thinks they are good enough to be first choice they should just go and prove it. I get what you are saying and that was aimed at players that think like that. :)

If Chelsea offered enough money I'm sure Liverpool would be open for business.

The wanting to be first choice bugs me. If a player thinks they are good enough to be first choice they should just go and prove it. I get what you are saying and that was aimed at players that think like that. :)

I think Suarez woud be wasted playing so wide anyway for what its worth.

Oh ya, I mean theres very few guarnteed starters in a team, if we signed another top class striker then Torres or himself would be fighting for the number 1 spot which would hopefully improve both players overall performances, thats what you'd hope for anyway, in reality you'd have one sulky git thinking he should play and another guy banging in goals knowning he will play. :pac:

Ah the day to day lives of managing huge ego's.

Its normal to have 4 strikers (or attacking players)

Previously we had
    Drogba
    Anelka
    Torres
    Kalou
    and... Danny!

now we have

Torres
    Danny

Assuming we add a right attacking player (Hulk etc)
    We still have room for one more and I think Chelsea will have a back up if Torres doesnt score regular or even cruical goals

Word is that Danny has been told he will get more central striker chances this season

Its normal to have 4 strikers (or attacking players)

Previously we had
    Drogba
    Anelka
    Torres
    Kalou
    and... Danny!

now we have

Torres
    Danny

Assuming we add a right attacking player (Hulk etc)
    We still have room for one more and I think Chelsea will have a back up if Torres doesnt score regular or even cruical goals

Word is that Danny has been told he will get more central striker chances this season
    I'd add Hazard as one of your forwards and Marin can play in attack too
    Seems like a few Chelsea players are getting and need these assurances

• Advertisement

In other news, interweb is awash with rumors that Gianfranco Zola is the new boss of Watford. If true best of luck Sir!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement