Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Weirdest thing was mentionsing someone called Jarvis?

Not sure if serious or if he meant Matt Jarvis, but the name Jarvis was mentioned in the conference! :eek:

Maybe they are installing the Jarvis AI from iron man into Cobham :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

gavredking wrote: »
    Most of the time they'll go on pre-season and only go on loan once we come back to Cobham.

I'd be surprised if we didnt see at least 1 of those 3 names sent away on loan.

RDM's task is harder this year then last as he has to have a good showing in the league as well as the cups, last year the league was gone and we risked it all on the UCL and FA cup and it paid off, we wont have that luxury this year.

I would be quite surprised also if at least 1 does not go on loan. But they should be evaluated first so thats sensible.

After last season dismal perfromance in the league we will need to do a whole lot better and that will certainly bring added pressure to Robbie but I am starting to get a really good feeling about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I still have my reservations about RDM but only time will tell if hes good enough to lead us for a few years.

I hope he can do it, hes a very likeable guy and seems very professional to booth.

V9 wrote: »

Tony Stark upfront with Hulk?

Sorted.

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Tony Stark upfront with Hulk?

Sorted.

:p

......and we've already got Clark Terry in Defence!

TerrySuperman.jpg

I think thats a photoshop RichT :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Van Persie anyone?

I wondered who would be first. :D

Aquila wrote: »
    Van Persie anyone?

Swap Sturridge, 20 quid and a packet of taytos for em.

• Advertisement

Van Persie? Nah ye're grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We already have a top class striker..

He's just a bit sick at the minute!:pac:

Arsenal would want what, 30 + million.....id rather spend it on Cavani then RVP.

They'd hardly get 30m+ with his contract up next year and he, himself wanting to leave? 20/25m at most I'd say, or risk him holding out leaving on a free.

Hope it isnt us anyway that splash on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Hope it isnt us anyway that splash on him.

Would you not like him at Chelsea?

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »

Nope, I dont want him. Hes only had one very good season at Arsenal, albeit an excellent one, I just dont think he'll do it again and if he was to join he'd be on big money.

Hes a good player but id rather stick with what we have and play sturridge and lukaku although we will be relying on Torres next season and wont have someone lf Drogbas caliber to come on if Torres isnt firing.

Nope, I dont want him. Hes only had one very good season at Arsenal, albeit an excellent one, I just dont think he'll do it again and if he was to join he'd be on big money.

Hes a good player but id rather stick with what we have and play sturridge and lukaku although we will be relying on Torres next season and wont have someone lf Drogbas caliber to come on if Torres isnt firing.
    I seem to remember the form he was on started before last season.

Panthro wrote: »
    We already have a top class striker..

He's just a bit sick at the minute!:pac:
    If you mean Sturridge then I think hes a bit off top class at the moment

You wanna check your sarcasm detector amiable :p

No doubt he benefitted from been injury free this year but I have reservations about him. I think Arsenal will miss more then we would need him TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Why are Utd trying to raise cash, are they that broke?
    How can they afford to buy all these players they are linked with?

• Advertisement

Why are Utd trying to raise cash, are they that broke?
    How can they afford to buy all these players they are linked with?

It's very complicated Sgt.
    Things aren't as rosey as some fans make out there IMO.
    It would seem they are not trying to get on top of things.

It's very complicated Sgt.
    Things aren't as rosey as some fans make out there IMO.
    It would seem they are not trying to get on top of things.

Its a risky thing to do alright - shares can go down as well as up!

Its a risky thing to do alright - shares can go down as well as up!

What they hope to raise is less money that they received from the sale of Ronaldo yet I thought they claimed that was in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Anyone else really excited for Marin? I think his signing has been completely outshadowed by Hazards and rumours of Hulk. Ive seen him play a couple of times and he's a very exciting player with the ball at his feet, think Aiden Mcgeady but with a little more bite and a better end product. Also he is amazing at providing chances.
    I reckon its Maloudas time to leave, he was an excellent servant to the club and always played well when called upon but he's just lost his flair and he'll just make up the numbers next season I think.
    Exciting times ahead.
    I plan to use this forum a lot this season so hello everyone also,!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Lads any idea when Sky are announcing televised fixtures?

Trying to organise a trip to the Bridge in Sept/Oct and just wondering how likely fixtures are to change!

blue-army wrote: »

Trying to organise a trip to the Bridge in Sept/Oct and just wondering how likely fixtures are to change!

Depends on the game, if it a Saturday game against Stoke at 3pm it will more then likely not change.

If its a game against Spurs at 3pm on Saturday there is a good chance it will be changed to early or late K/O on Saturday for TV or move to a Sunday for TV.

Just pick and choose your games wisely is all I'd say although I'd say we'll have the fixtures in a few weeks including the TV schedule.

Here is Sky's current schedule.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12942,00.html

We're playing Wigan which is unlikely to be moved to Sunday as I think City and Utd will dominate the opening weekend and be moved to Sunday.

We're down to play Newcastle at home on the Saturday 25th but I think that will be moved to one of the Tv slots on Sunday.

So far only August has confirmed game time but no confirmed games.

Sky are showing the Super Cup on August 31st and we're playing Atleico Madrid in Monaco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

They'd hardly get 30m+ with his contract up next year and he, himself wanting to leave? 20/25m at most I'd say, or risk him holding out leaving on a free.

How about 8m. Thats the buy out of the remainder of his contract. Lets also not forget you're getting an injury prone player who at the tender age of 28 has just completed his first ever full season!

iregk wrote: »
    How about 8m. Thats the buy out of the remainder of his contract. Lets also not forget you're getting an injury prone player who at the tender age of 28 has just completed his first ever full season!

Thats why I wouldnt take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

iregk wrote: »

He's worth more than 8 million to Arsenal next season.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    He's worth more than 8 million to Arsenal next season.

I dont think Wenger would be to keen in selling him to us either way, if he could get him out of the country for a decent price then I'd imagine he'd take somebodys arm off.

I read/heard somewhere that they would be announced today. (5th July) Bear in mind that I also read/heard somewhere that Barcelona would tear us a new one in last seasons CL Semi Final. :D

Only three Home PL games in your window, which are against against Stoke, Norwich and Man Utd.

IMO Stoke is most likely to stay as 3pm Sat KO as Man Utd visit Liverpool and Man City host Arsenal that weekend (22/9/12)

Man Utd (27/10/12) fixture is most likely to change.......again IMO

I think they could be announced today.

Dont forget ESPN may change some fixtures too

11 am on Sky Sports News

Here we go, Wigan away moved to Sunday for Sky Sports live coverage.

;)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9377998/Chelsea-kick-off-Premier-League-season-on-Sky-Sports-against-Wigan-as-live-matches-schedule-announced.html

Wigan Athletic v Chelsea, Sun 19, 1:30pm
    Manchester City v Southampton, Sun 19, 4pm

Everton v Manchester United, Mon 20, 8pm

Swansea City v West Ham United, Sat 25, 12:45pm

Stoke City v Arsenal, Sun 26, 1:30pm
    Liverpool v Manchester City, Sun 26, 4pm

SEPTEMBER

West Ham United v Fulham, Sat 1, 12:45pm

Liverpool v Arsenal, Sun 2, 1:30pm
    Southampton v Manchester United, Sun 2, 4pm

Norwich City v West Ham United, Sat 15, 12:45pm

Reading v Tottenham Hotspur, Sun 16, 4pm

Everton v Newcastle United, Mon 17, 8pm

Swansea City v Everton, Sat 22, 12:45pm

Liverpool v Manchester United, Sun 23, 1:30pm
    Manchester City v Arsenal, Sun 23, 4pm

Arsenal v Chelsea, Sat 29, 12:45pm

Aston Villa v West Bromwich Albion, Sun 30, 4pm

OCTOBER

Queens Park Rangers v West Ham United, Mon 1, 8pm

Manchester City v Sunderland, Sat 6, 12:45pm

Southampton v Fulham, Sun 7, 1:30pm
    Newcastle United v Manchester United, Sun 7, 4pm

Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea, Sat 20, 12:45pm

Sunderland v Newcastle United, Sun 21, 1:30pm
    Queens Park Rangers v Everton, Sun 21, 4pm

Everton v Liverpool, Sat 27, 12:45pm

Aston Villa v Norwich City, Sun 28, 1:30pm
    Chelsea v Manchester United, Sun 28, 4pm

NOVEMBER

Manchester United v Arsenal, Sat 3, 12:45pm

Queens Park Rangers v Reading, Sun 4, 1:30pm
    Liverpool v Newcastle United, Sun 4, 4pm

West Bromwich Albion v Southampton, Mon 5, 8pm

Aston Villa v Manchester United, Sat 10, 5:30pm

Manchester City v Tottenham Hotspur, Sun 11, 1:30pm
    Chelsea v Liverpool, Sun 11, 4pm

Arsenal v Tottenham Hotspur, Sat 17, 12:45pm

Fulham v Sunderland, Sun 18, 4pm

West Ham United v Stoke City, Mon 19, 8pm

Swansea City v Liverpool, Sat 24, 12:45pm

Sunderland v West Bromwich Albion, Sun 25, 1:30pm
    Chelsea v Manchester City, Sun 25, 4pm

Aston Villa v Reading, Tue 27, 8pm

Wigan Athletic v Manchester City, Wed 28, 8pm

Also Saturday 25th August 17:30 Chelsea v Newcastle on ESPN

Also Saturday 25th August 17:30 Chelsea v Newcastle on ESPN

That could be my first game of the season. :pac:

Looking at flight snow and they aint to cheap but I wanna head over. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Hazard is our new no. 17 and Marin is our new no. 21

Would have thought Hazard may have gotten the no. 11 shirt but I have a feeling it may be unofficially retired like 25.

Maybe Hazard didnt want 11?

Theres no reason he can't wear the 11 or 25 IMO but I'd sday he doesnt want to be associated with either Drogbass or Zola's numbers in your first season, especially on the abck pf the media circle he created prior to his transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah true enough.

Doesn't seem short on confidence that said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Cant wait to see Hazard and Marin playing for us in pre season. Hopefully he will play against Dudalk for a few mins :D

Lets hope our number 17 can be retired in 10 - 15 years :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

large

large

Today is a good day!

We knew this anyway, but now it's officially official.
    Chelsea's hopes of building a new stadium at Battersea Power Station are officially over after a Malaysian consortium completed their £400million purchase of the landmark site and its surrounding area.

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-set-for-victor-moses-transfer-1134243

Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo wants to push through the capture of Wigan’s Victor Moses in the next 24 hours - in a deal worth up to £10million.

Di Matteo’s squad have started pre-season training and his money men are also back in business and poised to make a new offer that the Latics are likely to accept.

The deal - first revealed by Mirror Sport - stalled because Chelsea put in a lower offer than Wigan chairman Dave Whelan could accept but now the double winners are getting serious.

Chelsea’s offer is expected to be a guaranteed £7million-plus with some extras to take the sum for the young Nigerian attacker up to £10m.

Wigan will insist on a big sum up front as Moses’ old club Crystal Palace are due around 20 per cent of the profit - and also want the money badly for their own re-building.

Moses wants to go to a top club and the chance of competing for a start at Chelsea appeals to him. Liverpool have been linked but are yet to make an official move.

Meanwhile, Di Matteo welcomed his Chelsea stars back to pre-season training on Thursday, insisting: "Everyone will have a part to play this season."

The club’s victorious Spanish contingent, Fernando Torres and Juan Mata, return in three weeks along with the club’s other Euro 2012 participants.

Yossi Benayoun, who spent last season on loan at Arsenal, was back at the club’s Cobham HQ, along with the likes of Florent Malouda, who's been linked with a move elsewhere following the arrivals of Marko Marin and Eden Hazard.

Di Matteo said: “They are part of the club and I expect everyone to be here at the start of pre-season. We will monitor it and see what happens.

“Success breeds confidence and confidence is everything in sport. I hope they come back in that kind of form and mood.

“We will be training here until the 14th before going to the USA for two weeks.

“Then we will be back here for a friendly against Brighton and then there is the Community Shield.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

what a day wrote: »
    Cant wait to see Hazard and Marin playing for us in pre season. Hopefully he will play against Dudalk for a few mins :D
    Lads barring a miracle last minute takeover of the club, this Dundalk friendly isn't happening. They're unlikely to last til the end of this week. :(
    PFAI ‏@PFAIOfficial
    Dundalk in real danger of closing long meeting with them today after they met with the FAI. Hopefully all stakeholders can come together.

Wonder can another Irish friendly be lined up?

what a day wrote: »
    Lads barring a miracle last minute takeover of the club, this Dundalk friendly isn't happening. They're unlikely to last til the end of this week. :(
    PFAI ‏@PFAIOfficial
    Dundalk in real danger of closing long meeting with them today after they met with the FAI. Hopefully all stakeholders can come together.

Wonder can another Irish friendly be lined up?

Very sad about dundalk its not nice to see any football club suffer like this (unless its spurs :-P)

But if it does change venue, please god have it in Dublin. It will be nearer for me. Yes I'm selfish and I know it :-)

If there is a change Dublin is the obvious place, a game against Rovers at Tallaght would be fine and dandy. Failing that Limerick in the Market Fields would be fine too

From the website , my First Day :

JOHN TERRY
    I was very nervous. I remember walking in and knowing the other guys having played on schoolboy forms with them already. We were delegated our duties for the year and mine were to clean three first-team dressing rooms at the training ground and I was on the kit as well for matchdays. I also had to clean three players' boots and I got Dennis Wise, Dave Lee and Eddie Newton. The first day's training wasn't much, a light jog and some tests.

RYAN BERTRAND
    The first thing I remember was walking in here and meeting Jose Mourinho. It was a bit crazy and surreal, especially as I was only 15 years old. To go from being in awe of the players at Gillingham to coming here was unbelievable. Mourinho was fantastic to me as well, he welcomed me and treated me in exactly the same way as the first team regulars, he was a top man and that helped.

ROSS TURNBULL
    I just remember meeting everybody, it was my first move as a player so it was quite a big deal and a completely new experience, plus I was moving down from Middlesbrough to London. John Terry was the first player I met; with him being the captain, he obviously explained that if there was anything I needed just to give him a call, but everybody was helpful and made me feel welcome which is always really nice.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement