Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If ya wanna believe this, its promising.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/11/3234770/chelsea-outbid-tottenham-to-close-in-on-20m-oscar?source=breakingnews

The Blues are in advanced negotiations with the midfielder's club, Internacional, after gazumping a £15m bid made by Spurs last week.

Oscar is regarded as one of the hottest talents in South America and has been identified by Chelsea as a star of the future.

"Spurs simply couldn't and wouldn't compete with the numbers Chelsea are talking - in terms of transfer fee and wages," a source close to the deal told Goal.com.

"Spurs really wanted him and thought their partnership with Internacional would help, but Chelsea are getting a star of the future."

The 20-year has admitted to being aware of Tottenham's interest in recent weeks, but insisted that his focus is solely on helping Internacional, with the Porto Alegre side currently sitting in fifth in the Brasileirao.

Tottenham contacted my agent, but now I'm focusing on Inter," he said. "I don't know what might happen, I'm not thinking of it right now.

"Inter has an important project to win Brasileirao, everybody's focused on that. I want to return to the team and keep playing."

But Chelsea look to have convinced the playmaker his future lies in London at Stamford Bridge, with Oscar set to join fellow new recruit Eden Hazard in Roberto Di Matteo's squad ahead of the new season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Modric allowed to leave for the right price

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/18792861

FOOTBALLTottenham boss Andre Villa-Boas appears to be saying Luka Modric can leave but only for the right offer. He says: "The interest that we have from various different clubs shows the importance of the player and what he's done for Tottenham.
    "Ongoing discussions will continue with these clubs until we reach an agreement which is acceptable for each party."

Modric allowed to leave for the right price

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/18792861

FOOTBALLTottenham boss Andre Villa-Boas appears to be saying Luka Modric can leave but only for the right offer. He says: "The interest that we have from various different clubs shows the importance of the player and what he's done for Tottenham.
    "Ongoing discussions will continue with these clubs until we reach an agreement which is acceptable for each party."

AVB has always been fairly straight shooting so I'd believe him when he says the above.

Will we be in the running to get him is another thing, I'd say we are, the rumours are gone very hush hush recently so hopefully we're working on a deal, it will probably hinder our chances though if we take Oscar from under their noses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I'd say in 2-3 weeks things will become a lot clearer with how many players we need. I reckon Josh, De Bruyne, lukaku, Kakuta maybe even Piazon might all be loaned out, plus a couple of players might be sold on.

I think if we do sign Oscar then a right back should be all we need.

What's the story with Van Anholt and Ulises Davila are they back with us or still out on loan?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I'd say in 2-3 weeks things will become a lot clearer with how many players we need. I reckon Josh, De Bruyne, lukaku, Kakuta maybe even Piazon might all be loaned out, plus a couple of players might be sold on.

I think if we do sign Oscar then a right back should be all we need.

What's the story with Van Anholt and Ulises Davila are they back with us or still out on loan?

PVA gone back on loan to Vitesse, be surpised if he ever makes it at Chelsea. Thomas Kalas as well gone back on loan

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2841591,00.html

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-defender-won-t-be-returning-to-the-club-next-season

Not sure what the story is with Ulises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

I can't believe AVB is trying to take some credit for chelsea winning the champions league. The man is clearly deluded and really needs to get his head out of his own anal cavity. Why is he not taking credit for the shambolic first 7/8 months of the season where he failed big time in multiple facets of his job. Unbelievable neck:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I can't believe AVB is trying to take some credit for chelsea winning the champions league. The man is clearly deluded and really needs to get his head out of his own anal cavity. Why is he not taking credit for the shambolic first 7/8 months of the season where he failed big time in multiple facets of his job. Unbelievable neck:eek:

At least give him some credit for being so inept that he had to be sacked mid-season, allowing Di Matteo to come in and win us the double? If he had only been mediocre we wouldn't have won anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

PeterTwo wrote: »
    At least give him some credit for being so inept that he had to be sacked mid-season, allowing Di Matteo to come in and win us the double? If he had only been mediocre we wouldn't have won anything!

Anyone else find it slightly ironic that AVB is now spurs manager and he is partly responsible for them not being in the champions league now. If he had not got himself sacked at chelsea then spurs would be playing in the CL next year no doubt.

AVB will push Arsenal all the way for 4th this season. I wouldnt be surprised if he Spurs won one of the domestic cups as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

In every line-up people have posted I see that Lampard isn't starting?
    I'm not sure if this is the line-up that yee want or what yee actually think it will be because Lampard will definitely be a regular starter this season despite his age and damn right too, who needs pace when you have the vision and awareness that he has. This is his last season as a Chelsea player so enjoy it people.

What are your favourite Lampard moments?
    Personally its his goals against Bolton in 2005 to win us the title, absolutely amazing the goals the both of them and I remember crying with happiness that day.

• Advertisement

TheStook wrote: »
    In every line-up people have posted I see that Lampard isn't starting?
    I'm not sure if this is the line-up that yee want or what yee actually think it will be because Lampard will definitely be a regular starter this season despite his age and damn right too, who needs pace when you have the vision and awareness that he has. This is his last season as a Chelsea player so enjoy it people.

What are your favourite Lampard moments?
    Personally its his goals against Bolton in 2005 to win us the title, absolutely amazing the goals the both of them and I remember crying with happiness that day.

He'll get an extension to his contract IMO.

Personally I'd play him in CM with Mikel and rotate both of them with Meireles/Ramires/Essien/Josh MaC/Romeu

More from AVB : http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/premiership/andre-villasboas-quitter-abramovich-ruined-chelsea-project-16184123.html
    Andre Villas-Boas yesterday claimed Roman Abramovich "quit" on him when he was sacked by Chelsea in March. The 34-year-old is now back in the game as Tottenham Hotspur's new manager, the replacement for Harry Redknapp.

Villas-Boas knows he will have to work hard to dispel the idea he was a failure at Chelsea. He lasted less than nine months there, the victim of poor results and player power, and Chelsea went on to win the Champions League and the FA Cup without him. But he was adamant that Abramovich, the Chelsea owner, had acted dishonourably by discarding him so quickly.

"It is all very well that you cut the project short and Chelsea go on to win two trophies and then say how wonderful the squad was, but at the beginning nobody believed in that squad when we put it together," Villas-Boas said. "What I am saying is that I respect the decision of the owner of Chelsea but I will never accept it.

"I told him that for me it was him quitting on me when he had been so much involved in the beginning in bringing me in and he was the one who also was not putting up to the things he promised. For Chelsea to have won the Champions League and to have won the Cup was because we were still in those competitions."

Villas-Boas is not the first manager to be dismissed by Abramovich with little warning, with Jose Mourinho discarded in 2007 and Carlo Ancelotti fired despite having achieved a Premier League title and FA Cup Double in his first season. Avram Grant and Luiz Felipe Scolari, the latter a World Cup winner with Brazil, were also given short shrift.

Tottenham fans, understandably, will care little of the politics of Stamford Bridge. Their pressing concern centres upon whether a relatively inexperienced coach who never played at a high level can avoid repeating mistakes made at Chelsea. Villas-Boas believed that was the case.

"It was a tremendous learning experience, to be fair – you have to admit it," he said. "I am grateful to have gone through it because it makes me a better coach and a better person. I understand now certain things can be done better and, in the end, you evolve in different ways. Hopefully, I can apply the different things I have learnt."

Redknapp was dismissed last month despite having led Tottenham to fourth place last season, although Chelsea's Champions League triumph under Roberto Di Matteo meant that was worth only a place in next season's Europa League.

Top priority for Spurs is an assault on the Premier League title and Villas-Boas told his players exactly that within minutes of meeting them. Tottenham had shown signs last season that this was a possibility but Redknapp talked down their chances as often as he talked them up.

That was something Villas-Boas had certainly noticed. "It's very well to promote yourself to the title and to quit the week after. Not that this is a criticism but this is something, if we really want to go for it, this is something that we have to assume from the start. It's a proposition I have put to the players on the first day that we met. We have to see, of course, whether it's realistic or not.

"Other squads are evolving and you can't always compete with Chelsea and Manchester City for players. But we would like to assume this responsibility, not to put more pressure on ourselves but because it goes along with what we are trying to build."

Villas-Boas has made the signing of an experienced forward a priority but described negotiations to make Emmanuel Adebayor's loan move from City permanent as "just a remote possibility at the moment".

The former Spurs midfielder Steffen Freund was yesterday named as the club's new assistant head coach.

Just a small but interesting bit about JT's case, bit in bold.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2172304/John-Terry-racism-trial-Ashley-Cole-backs-Chelsea-captain.html
    Former Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho, now at Real Madrid, also submitted a character reference as the defence case reached a conclusion.
    Terry's legal team read out a statement prepared for and signed by 17 members of Chelsea's first-team squad to say they have never heard him use racist language.

Former colleagues Didier Drogba, Nicolas Anelka and Alex, along with present team-mates Florent Malouda, John Mikel Obi, Gary Cahill and Josh McEachran, were not among the signatories. Young left back Ryan Bertrand, who started the Champions League final against Bayern Munich, wrote a lengthy defence of Terry's character which was read to the court.

Even Chelsea's coach driver, Dave Richardson, was called to verify when an alleged meeting between Terry and Ferdinand following the game at Loftus Road on October 23, 2011 took place

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Good read Gav, its looking Good for Terry IMO but i do think its ridiculous that this has gone to court!!

As for Lamps not been in the line up im sure he will be a main player under DiMatteo this coming season along side Mikel. When i make up line ups im looking at what could be done and not how i actuallly see it. Lamps was brilliant last season as a deep playmaker.

One of my favourt Lampard goals was the one against Everton from about 30 -35 yards out..brilliant technique!!

One of the most Memorable was the goal were he turned and shot from a tight angle and the one against Barca (but i do think he was lucky with that one)

Favourite Lampard goal was probably the 1st against Bolton or the one against Bayern in '05, the turn and volley from an acute angel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

MUSEIST wrote: »
    as I saw on reddit
    It's the same way I gave credit to my ex-girlfriend for my current happiness

Nice to see an ex academy player doing well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/18780238

Adam Gemili - ex chelsea defender winning World Junior gold

Nice to see an ex academy player doing well!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/athletics/18780238

Adam Gemili - ex chelsea defender winning World Junior gold

Right Back eh? :eek:

SIGN HIM UP!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

GavRedKing wrote: »
    AVB will push Arsenal all the way for 4th this season. I wouldnt be surprised if he Spurs won one of the domestic cups as well.

Are you assuming Chelsea will finish in the top 3?

• Advertisement

I dont see AVB making a top four finish this season TBH. As it stands this spurs team suit his style of play but when you look at players like Modric and VDV possibly going plus the fact i dont think they can afford Adebayor i think they would struggle.

I heard we have made progress in siging Oscar. They was some sort of mess up with legal documents regarding Oscars playing rights but that has been sorted. The only problem is now we have to agree a fee with his club and a fee for the player :confused:

shano_88 wrote: »
    Are you assuming Chelsea will finish in the top 3?

I'm predicting Chelsea to finish in the top 3.

Nobody else in the league has strengthed as much as we have so far.

Its always dangerous to assume but with Utd and City been favourites for 1st/2nd I think we'll take 3rd.

Spurs wont manage 4th this year but will give it a good go, Arsenal have brought in Giroud and Podolski and have Wilshire back but they could be losing their best player, I still expect them to finsih above Spurs and be our main threat for finsihing 3rd or higher.

Hulks in London, but not for talks.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2172375/Hulk-says-hes-Chelsea-talks.html
    The 25-year-old is one of Brazil's three over age players for the Olympics and said in The Metro: 'I have nothing signed with Chelsea or another club.
    ‘I have signed four more years with Porto and now I’m just focused on my job with selection for the Olympic Games in London ... I have not spoken to anyone.’

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

More very lazy reporting, sort of shows most of what we read is just pure rubbish.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120712/werder-bremen-plot-loan-move-chelsea-duo-176473

It keeps the fallow summer months a little interesting but you have to wonder are these people paid?

More very lazy reporting, sort of shows most of what we read is just pure rubbish.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120712/werder-bremen-plot-loan-move-chelsea-duo-176473

It keeps the fallow summer months a little interesting but you have to wonder are these people paid?

I love how De Bruyne, who was on loan since we bought him, has been unable to force his way into the first team. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Out of curiosity, why is everyone so hard on Ivanovic? He's still up to it. He played well all year, even scored some absolutely crucial goals at times. Not bad for a right back. His attacking isn't wonderful but he's still a great defensive presence.

• Advertisement

solarith wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, why is everyone so hard on Ivanovic? He's still up to it. He played well all year, even scored some absolutely crucial goals at times. Not bad for a right back. His attacking isn't wonderful but he's still a great defensive presence.

For me its because hes a CB playing out of position at RB.

Theres been times where hes been to easy to get past, when hes one on one with a guy he often dives in and either gets caught flat footed and gets beat or gives away frees.

You can get away with in field becuase your CB or DM or FB will be offering some assistance but out at FB he can be naive with his defending.

I still think hes by far the best RB in our squad but its a position we've not been blessed with depth in recently.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I love how De Bruyne, who was on loan since we bought him, has been unable to force his way into the first team. :pac:

Come in No 14!

The three summer additions to the squad have been given their shirt numbers for the forthcoming season.

Kevin De Bruyne will wear 14, a number that was unused last campaign. Eden Hazard (pictured) will take the 17 previously worn by Jose Bosingwa and Marko Marin is our new number 21 following the departure of Salomon Kalou.

All three players are due to fly to the United States on Saturday to beginning the pre-season tour there.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2847897,00.html

I think we were hoping to have a couple more players on board for the US tour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

solarith wrote: »
    Love Ivanovic!

He does the job on a routine basis and also delivers the good on big occasions. Like his kamikaze headed goals in the UCL - and that winner against Napoli!

He's a great player to have in the squad.

McDave wrote: »
    Love Ivanovic!

He does the job on a routine basis and also delivers the good on big occasions. Like his kamikaze headed goals in the UCL - and that winner against Napoli!

He's a great player to have in the squad.

And the love is strong with me for him as well :eek:

Class player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Would i be right in assuming that given de bryune has received his squad number that there is a good chance that he will be with the first team squad next year? I think that ivanovich would be a huge loss to the the squad if he were to go very solid player who was one of our most consistent performers last year.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Would i be right in assuming that given de bryune has received his squad number that there is a good chance that he will be with the first team squad next year? I think that ivanovich would be a huge loss to the the squad if he were to go very solid player who was one of our most consistent performers last year.

Thats what I'm thinking and hoping. Hope he has a good pre season tour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Have we signed Oscar yet or what's the story? Someone posted a picture of him with the chelsea shirt as if he'd signed but I can't find anything official yet.

TheStook wrote: »
    Have we signed Oscar yet or what's the story? Someone posted a picture of him with the chelsea shirt as if he'd signed but I can't find anything official yet.

No news in the last 2 days really. Could be a sit tight and see deal.

Hopefully we snap him up though.

Come in No 14!

The three summer additions to the squad have been given their shirt numbers for the forthcoming season.

Kevin De Bruyne will wear 14, a number that was unused last campaign. Eden Hazard (pictured) will take the 17 previously worn by Jose Bosingwa and Marko Marin is our new number 21 following the departure of Salomon Kalou.

All three players are due to fly to the United States on Saturday to beginning the pre-season tour there.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2847897,00.html

I think we were hoping to have a couple more players on board for the US tour

I've found what I'm putting on my jersey anyway :cool:

ESPN reckon we're still in for Lucas Moura.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/160224.html

Hs coming to London for the Olympics.

When asked whether Inter had made headway in their negotiations to acquire Lucas, Moratti told the club's official website: "Yes we have, but the progress that has been made is to see whether or not there is a chance [to buy the player].

"Now we have to see if we can manage to carry it out. These are things that have to take place by putting everything together, which also means taking a look at our revenue. He [Lucas] is a player that has great talent. We are watching him closely.''

Inter may well be priced out, however, as any deal would have to be over £30 million, according to reports in Brazil.

Sao Paulo reportedly turned down a £10 million offer from Inter in January and their director of football, Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes, mocked Inter's renewed interest on Wednesday.
    "There is no [formal] offer and, even if it were to appear, this amount is ridiculous," he said. "How can you pay €25m (£20m) for a player of Lucas's quality? Italian football is broke - the club [Inter] are broke. It seems they are creating this to satisfy the fans."

Rumours on the intronet suggest ourselves and ManU are favourits for his signature but id find it hard to belive if Real or Barca were not interested in him too.

If its between us an ManU id say we would be strong favourites considering we have more money and more Brazilians in our squad. Plus we are chasing Oscar too.

Oh and ...............

439x.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

what a day wrote: »
    Rumours on the intronet suggest ourselves and ManU are favourits for his signature but id find it hard to belive if Real or Barca were not interested in him too.

If its between us an ManU id say we would be strong favourites considering we have more money and more Brazilians in our squad. Plus we are chasing Oscar too.

Oh and ...............

439x.jpg

Ya can never have too many Brazilians TBH. :pac:

I'd say we have a better chance with Oscar then Moura.
    Aquila wrote: »
    Aside form the hype has anyone actually seen him play?

Personally, very little, some Brazil national games and some Copa Liba games but only a handful really.

Dont watch to much South American football due to the timezone differences.

I saw him play just a hand full of times. You may all be aware how fond i am of Hulk but TBH id rather we signed Lucas than Hulk. Lucas is ore versatile and is quality. He is a Brazilian Theo Walnut IMO. Very quick and nimble. Excellent tecnically and he could be our Hazard on the right side.

Well I've no problem if we dont sign Moura or Oscar because I'd like to see how De Bruyne and Marin get on if they get a chance.

They'll both, even at the moment be considered back up to Mata/Hazard/Ramires for the supporting 3 I reckon, although Ramires starting on the right could be under threat if either De Bruyne or Marin can impress on ore-season as Ramires aint a right midfielder, although that chip against Barca was excellent, even though he was RB at the time.

:pac:

• Advertisement

I have to say from what iv seen of DeBruyne he is just a good youth/prospect at the moment. He is good dont get me wrong but he is not ready to play a starting 11 role. I have full faith in De Bryune becoming a top player, he will only get better and better, i think he is well suited to the PL too.

As for Marin i saw him about two years ago and my jaw dropped when i saw him. He was quality, only thing is he seemed to fall away and not progress. I may be wrong but i think he is just a back up player much like if we signed Moses.

Lucas IMO is going to be one of the best wingers in football. He also plays midfeild i know but he is class out wide. Oscar i have not seen play other tha YouTube but he does look quality and i have hear nothing but good said about him. If we could sign any one of our targets for me i would pick Lucas.

Actually, bar Messi and Ronaldo, who, if money was no object would ye all try and sign?

A bit Football Manager I know but gives us a prospective of what ye think we need and who.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

i do hope we sign oscar but I would like to see de bruyne given a shot i think alot of people will be surprised by him tbh.

just then a right back and we're sound

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

i do hope we sign oscar but I would like to see de bruyne given a shot i think alot of people will be surprised by him tbh.

just then a right back and we're sound

Plus a centre forward, if possible, Roman please but don't want to appear too greedy.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Malouda to Santos - fingers and toes crossed

One player I'd want over anyone, money no object, Iniesta.

Failing that I suppose Modric will have to do. :P

Would love to see Malouda Join them. Hopefully we can make some sort of deal with them were we get first refusal on some youth players or some thing simular to the deal we done with Deco and Fluminise.

Or i would not mind a staright swap for Neymar :rolleyes:

what a day wrote: »
    Would love to see Malouda Join them. Hopefully we can make some sort of deal with them were we get first refusal on some youth players or some thing simular to the deal we done with Deco and Fluminise.

Or i would not mind a staright swap for Neymar :rolleyes:

Malouda > Neymar......jsut saying

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

John Terry not guilty delighted for him

• Advertisement

From the other thread, enjoy :p

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRONzw0qeVQx8C1C-Eld5ayHqE2spvSG3t4whwm8qfRS3fCzJSmqg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxcfo0F0o-AirDg2YnAB0nwSqu7Oneg_5ADk476OtxfMn_Vs5oZw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement