Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Borini apparently going to Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Borini apparently going to Liverpool.
    I think the medical is done.
    Im happy with the deal.
    I would guess he'll be unveiled late tonight.

amiable wrote: »
    I think the medical is done.
    Im happy with the deal.
    I would guess he'll be unveiled late tonight.

Good little player ye'll have there.

Was hoping he'd sign for us when we tried to keep him but he saw his future else where and he was right, he hasnt faded to obsecurity and fairplay to the lad.

I just read Borini will cost £7.9 million

I just read Borini will cost £7.9 million

Good deal, young guy that'll be hungry and worked well with Rodgers in the past.

Ye could have a nice little bargain on yere hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Good deal, young guy that'll be hungry and worked well with Rodgers in the past.

Ye could have a nice little bargain on yere hands.

Yip, one that got away, a tidy and skilful player.

He did well with Swansea in their promotion season and seems to work well with Rogers so think he could be a very good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Its a strange deal the Borini one, did Roma buy him to sell him :confused:

Good player though hopefully he does well, when you actually think about it, we have brought through a lot of quality from the academy, hopefully soon enough we'll actually use some of the players ourselves.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Its a strange deal the Borini one, did Roma buy him to sell him :confused:

Good player though hopefully he does well, when you actually think about it, we have brought through a lot of quality from the academy, hopefully soon enough we'll actually use some of the players ourselves.
    Its complicated. Under Italian rules one of the clubs had to buy him by a deadline which was almost 2 weeks ago.
    Both clubs submitted bids at a blind auction and Roma won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

In for Dembele according to this spot
    http://www.fansfc.com/story/41713.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

HE WILL soon be boss of some of Ireland's best-known names in the RTE newsroom.
    But Kevin Bakhurst is well used to dealing with big personalities.
    His Twitter page -- which has been inundated with congratulations on his appointment as head of news at RTE -- shows Bakhurst working and posing alongside some of the biggest names in media and sports.
    Bakhurst, currently controller of the BBC News Channel, is a passionate Chelsea fan with numerous pictures of his team on his site.
    Last May, Bakhurst attended the club's Player of the Year Awards and posed with team stalwarts Frank Lampard and John Terry.
    Bakhurst will take the reins in the RTE newsroom this September

http://www.herald.ie/news/will-we-see-more-of-chelsea-on-rte-3168246.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Kevin Bakhurst.........

Can't wait to see Sharon Ní Bheoláin reading the news in a skin tight Chelsea shirt :p

Aquila wrote: »
    http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/362921/20120713/chelsea-transfer-rumours-hulk-maicon-oscar-schurrle.htm
    Take from it whatever you want :)just more updated gossip on our potential singings

Ill happily take Oscar and Maicon and be happy with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jesus, my opinion of AVB so very sharply turning south. He seems like quite childish and narcissustic
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18845159

duploelabs wrote: »
    Jesus, my opinion of AVB so very sharply turning south. He seems like quite childish and narcissustic
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18845159

How dare he give an opinion on his experience and knowledge of the situation that he has

How dare he give an opinion on his experience and knowledge of the situation that he has

No, duploelabs is right. Why mention this at all? All the focus should be on his new club, he just comes across as a very sad and bitter young man

The simple truth is that he failed to motivate the players and failed to win enough games whilst alienating most of the squad.

He's got a second chance now - just move on for chrissakes!

No, duploelabs is right. Why mention this at all? All the focus should be on his new club, he just comes across as a very sad and bitter young man

The simple truth is that he failed to motivate the players and failed to win enough games whilst alienating most of the squad.

He knows more about what happened any of us do obviously, so maybe he has a genuine right to feel bitter?
    Perhaps now he's got something off his chest he can move on.
    I'd agree if he were to carry it on during the season that he should let go but perhaps he's still a bit raw.
    IMHO I don't see that he has done too much wrong(so far)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He knows more about what happened any of us do obviously, so maybe he has a genuine right to feel bitter?
    I'd agree if he were to carry it on during the season that he should let go but perhaps he's still a bit raw.

Perhaps he does know better, but do you not think he has a professional obligation to concentrate on the job at hand? Actually come to think of it, is it in their contract for every spurs manager to talk ****e to the press all the time?

Perhaps he does know better, but do you not think he has a professional obligation to concentrate on the job at hand? Actually come to think of it, is it in their contract for every spurs manager to talk ****e to the press all the time?
    What ****e did AVB talk to the press.
    If it was inaccurate we dont know.
    I dont see how this would show he's not concentrating on his job at hand now.
    To me it seems you are a little sensitive.
    Nobody is dead from these actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

According to the papers, he took a "thinly-veiled swipe" at Abramovich, there was no need for the personals.

To be fair any time AVB tries to talk about Spurs, he's pestered by the tabloids about Chelsea, its inescapable.

Though he's not going about it the right way, he does have a previously impressive reputation to salvage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Wholeheartedly agree.

AVB should be more professional about it and move on. I've no doubt he has some legitimate grievances, but if you look at the way RA messed around with Ancelotti (putting Emenalao on the bench in full view the the entire football world), and the way Ancelotti dealt with it, AVB obviously has a lot to learn. He doesn't want to do a Keegan before he even gets a single match under his belt, does he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

He didn't take that much of a swipe if you ask me. Part and parcel of the managers job is managing the press.
    I don't think he is going to be swapping spit with Abramovich in the showers any time soon but the press are blowing this way out of proportion.

Taken from the Telegraph:
    "Villas-Boas unleashed a stinging attack on the set-up at Stamford Bridge, comparing the Russian unfavourably with his new boss Daniel Levy, and suggesting Spurs have a greater history and more potential than the west London club."

In fact all he said was that he felt cut short. Which is too right, he was fired. What do you expect him to say?
    Anyway, I don't care what he says once Chelsea finish ahead of Spurs in the premiership. (well, looking to win it ought-right really;))

Let AVB take care of Spurs. We'll see how far hes come when we play them away at The Lane after 9 games.

I dont think Spurs will finish above us or in the top 4 TBH, not this year anyway.

Lads, what is the cheapest price you have seen for both our new home and away jerseys?

Dont know, but Champion Sports are doing last seasons for 15 euros, so I snapped it up! (I know - but football shirts arent considered a necessity in my house!)
    Wear last seasons shirt with Pride!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

John Terry not guilty delighted for him
    I must admit, I was a doubter on this one. But Rio Ferdinand's response to the "Ashley Cole is a 'choc ice'" tweet (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1124805/rio-ferdinand-defends-'choc-ice'-tweet-about-ashley-cole?cc=5739) tells you all you need to know about the hypocrisy surround this tawdry affair. I'm much more inclined to buy into Terry's version of events now. And Cole's contention that it should never have reached the courts.

What's the upshot for Chelsea? Terry can face into a new season with the manager and team behind him. And maybe he'll be a better man for it. Chelsea have their share of detractors (only some of it is justified). But after the romance of last season, so many monkeys are now off the club's back and maybe CFC has a real chance to reinvent itself. Maybe Terry can reinvent himself as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Rio is an ejiit, he's not helping the situation or bringing any credit on himself or his brother. Coles response was very respectful and dignified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

What time is the Seattle game on our time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

2 30am

According to the papers, he took a "thinly-veiled swipe" at Abramovich, there was no need for the personals.

To be fair any time AVB tries to talk about Spurs, he's pestered by the tabloids about Chelsea, its inescapable.

Though he's not going about it the right way, he does have a previously impressive reputation to salvage.
    Perhaps you should find out what AVB actually said rather than just believe snippets of what the press want you to believe.

Techless wrote: »
    Rio is an ejiit, he's not helping the situation or bringing any credit on himself or his brother. Coles response was very respectful and dignified.
    I would agree with you on this.
    Ashley Cole is perfectly within his rights to support Terry if thats what he wants to do.

Tonights game on ESPN by any chance?
    There will probably be a stream somewhere :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Tonights game on ESPN by any chance?

eh, what game???

Chelsea play seattle sounders on wednesday night/thursday morning at 2:30am.

Chelsea supposidly back in for willian

http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/2012/07/15/chelsea-back-in-for-willian/

We really are exploring all the right attacking \ winger options!

Chelsea supposidly back in for willian

http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/2012/07/15/chelsea-back-in-for-willian/

We really are exploring all the right attacking \ winger options!

So hulk, oscar or willian. Make up yer minds chelsea and actually sign someone who can play rw.

• Advertisement

MUSEIST wrote: »
    So hulk, oscar or willian. Make up yer minds chelsea and actually sign someone who can play rw.

I think it's just lazy reporting, I reckon chelsea will sign probably one of the above (most likely Oscar) and a right back and that'll be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I think it's just lazy reporting, I reckon chelsea will sign probably one of the above (most likely Oscar) and a right back and that'll be it.

Another central midfielder too? :p

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Another central midfielder too? :p

Any more central midfielders and we'll be playing a 2-7-1 formation :pac:

It actually annoys me because we'll probably end up signing one and loaning out 3 or 4

MUSEIST wrote: »

Who is the better player?
    3 very different players. Only an opinion but I still think Chelsea will sign Hulk and he will be competition to Torres.

I know he can play out wide but he has been effective as a striker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

All very different players.
    Id like Lucas for our RW position 2nd choice would be Hulk
    And for our Midfielder id like Oscar.

Ferdinand is an idiot, only hours after a court case he is publicly making racist remarks!

AVB can moan and scratch out all he wants, leave him at it. He will just add more pressure on himself to deliver the good at Spurs. Haters are gona Hate!

Im not sure but id imagine CTV will replay the american games the following day???
    Will be interested to get a look at some young players and Marin/Hazard!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

How daft is Ferdinand beyond belief. Also beyond belief is the silence from the likes of Crooks who basically wanted JT hung, drawn and quartered after he was found not guilty in a court of law.

Marin speaks to all his doubters (and probably to the schurrie doubters as well)
    Good to see he is a fighter and a tryer

"There has been some criticism for me to deal with in the last couple of years and that is all part of growing up in this game, but I'm ready to prove I can be good enough to play at Chelsea. People can say what they want about me being lightweight and it has been said a lot in recent times, but all that matters to me is improving as a player and I believe I can make it here.

All professionals have the burning desire to play and I'm no different, but I need to raise my level of professionalism and to perform better than ever to make an impression at this club. Everything I have seen at Chelsea is a step up from what I have been used to, but this is a good thing for me.

Chelsea have a squad with alternatives for every position and you just have to live with that sort of competition. I know I will have to prove myself at every turn, but it's also fair to say that Chelsea bought me to play me. I spoke with the manager and he assured me that I was a big part of his plans.

Some people in Germany doubt whether I can make a success of this move to such a big club, but I have faith in my abilities and have not come here to be a failure.

As a foreigner, I will need time to adapt to the pace of the Premier League, but I'm very confident this phase will not take long. I believe English football will suit me as the emphasis here is on playing with a high tempo and making good use of the wings, which is what my game is all about. I am coming to the strongest league in the world and hopefully it will bring out the best in me.

The attention to detail at Chelsea makes an impression straight away. You can see that the big players here have an incredible force of character. They won the Champions League last season because they wanted it more than anyone else, showing the true mentality of winners, never letting anything stand in their way.

That's how they overcame Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Being written off made them stronger. Now, it's a case of moving on to the next set of goals -regaining the Premier League title and achieving more success in Europe."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Marin speaks to all his doubters.......

We seem to have bagged ourselves a footballer with a brain.

RichT wrote: »
    We seem to have bagged ourselves a footballer with a brain.

make that 2!

Eden Hazard

“I’m used to pressure from my time at Lille when we were competing for major trophies.

I know it will be difficult here in the sense that Chelsea are a big club used to winning things, so there is a lot more pressure to win more and more trophies.

But although I am only 21, I am quite experienced and I’m sure I will be able to cope with it.

There is no doubt that this is a step up for me — the Premier League is the best League in Europe.

I’m aware of how different it will be but I will be doing my utmost week in, week out to try to be at that level.

I am completely aware that I am going to have to fight for my place, I can’t take anything for granted. However, ultimately, I think this is a club where I can have a lot of success and win trophies.

I hope to play as many matches as possible and to be able to gain the respect of the supporters and everybody associated with the club.

It’s quite clear this is a very tough League to play in but it is throughout the world and that’s why I’m here.

I find myself playing for a club that have not only appeared in the Champions League every year in recent times but are also the current holders of the trophy.

It’s great for me to be able to come and play for this team but it is certainly not just about the Champions League because the Premier League is a fantastic division that is very challenging.”

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement