Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

It's good to hear players saying that though, unlike Lukaku who was making some disgruntled noises at the end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

It's good to hear players saying that though, unlike Lukaku who was making some disgruntled noises at the end of last season.

It is nice to heat but I would hazard a guess (pun intended) if Hazard was sitting on the bench or not in the squad for the best part of the season he may just change his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

RichT wrote: »
    We seem to have bagged ourselves a footballer with a brain.

make that 2!

Eden Hazard

“I’m used to pressure from my time at Lille when we were competing for major trophies.

I know it will be difficult here in the sense that Chelsea are a big club used to winning things, so there is a lot more pressure to win more and more trophies.

But although I am only 21, I am quite experienced and I’m sure I will be able to cope with it.

There is no doubt that this is a step up for me — the Premier League is the best League in Europe.

I’m aware of how different it will be but I will be doing my utmost week in, week out to try to be at that level.

I am completely aware that I am going to have to fight for my place, I can’t take anything for granted. However, ultimately, I think this is a club where I can have a lot of success and win trophies.

I hope to play as many matches as possible and to be able to gain the respect of the supporters and everybody associated with the club.

It’s quite clear this is a very tough League to play in but it is throughout the world and that’s why I’m here.

I find myself playing for a club that have not only appeared in the Champions League every year in recent times but are also the current holders of the trophy.

It’s great for me to be able to come and play for this team but it is certainly not just about the Champions League because the Premier League is a fantastic division that is very challenging.”
    I'd say this is a bit of a pr stunt to reclaim some fans with a bit of humility after sounding like an arrogant c0ck during his transfer

For all you stat freaks out there you will love this. For everyone else it is actually really interesting.

http://enbsports.blogspot.ca/2012/07/view-here-if-enjoyed-please-rt-and.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Just thought id post this again for anyone that missed it a while back

DundalkvChelsea.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Willie Stroker

Meglamonia wrote: »

They are reporting we have agreed a 25 million deal with him now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

sweet welcome oscar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Im not sure I see the point in this signing. No doubt the boy has some talent but so does pazion (similar player imo) and Josh.

Chelsea need a right winger and a right back. 25m for a player who won't oust mata/hazard, whoever plays in the centre imo.

Oscar is not a rw either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Im not sure I see the point in this signing. No doubt the boy has some talent but so does pazion (similar player imo) and Josh.

Chelsea need a right winger and a right back. 25m for a player who won't oust mata/hazard, whoever plays in the centre imo.

Not a Chelsea fan but don't understand this signing either. You've got 2 stars in Mata and Hazard, both who are best in the middle and you sign another player for a massive fee, who you don't need, is unproven and is a massive risk in terms of adapting to the football and the country.

In saying that, the league needs a top class attacking Brazilian to liven things up so I'll look forward to seeing him.

hhuuummmm.... replacement for Lamps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

hhuuummmm.... replacement for Lamps?

He could be you know, shades of Fabregas about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

found this on reddit
    biE5A.png

I wont believe it until its on chelsea fc.
    Be interesting to see if all these "entertainers" will bring us success.
    Someones got to track back!

Going to be an interesitng season for Chelsea and RDM for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

So with the Oscar deal likely to be done, will it just be an Rb left or will we still go for an RW?

kryogen wrote: »
    He could be you know, shades of Fabregas about him

SSN seem to be backtracking now!

SSN on the hour headlines
    "Chelsea moving closer to signing Oscar" under the headline "Chelsea chase Oscar"

Good grief sack the SSN journos!

then they report we HAVE agreed a deal in principle!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

That was what was reported in the link you posted, that they are thought to have agreed a fee in principle, despite the players agent saying a move to Chelsea was not looking likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/16/3245824/internacional-president-wants-record-brazilian-fee-for

More from Oscar, although mothing really new.

The Internacional chief has now given a strong indication that Chelsea's offer was rejected as the Brazil international will not be sold on the cheap.

"If an offer that matches our expectations arrives, we will logically negotiate Oscar's sale," Luigi told Radio Gaucha.

"But it must be an offer which represents a substantial boost to Internacional's financial resources.

"The figure I am looking at is nothing more, nothing less, than the biggest transfer in Brazilian football to date."

Former Brazil international Denilson currently holds the record for the most expensive transfer in Brazil after joining Betis from Sao Paulo in 1998 in a deal worth €33m (£25.9m).

Goal.com also reporting that Fulham want Lukaku on loan.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/17/3245447/fulham-in-talks-to-loan-lukaku-from-rivals-chelsea

The west London rivals are in advanced talks on a deal that would take Lukaku across the capital on a season-long loan.

Martin Jol has sanctioned a move for the Belgian teenager after Chelsea made it clear they were looking to offload, either on loan or permanent deals, some of the fringe players of their first-team squad.

Chelsea have no problem in allowing Lukaku, 19, to move to Craven Cottage as long as he is guaranteed the opportunity to play more games than he would at Stamford Bridge.

Lukaku has spoken of his frustration at the lack of first-team chances during a disappointing debut season at Chelsea following his £18 million transfer last summer from Anderlecht.

He said he was “really angry” that he started only a single Premier League match and claimed that he was treated poorly by former manager Andre Villas-Boas.

Despite the departures of Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou this summer and Nicolas Anelka in January, Lukaku remains a long way behind Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge in the pecking order.

Chelsea and Fulham have now agreed the basic terms of a loan deal, which would be broadly similar to Gael Kakuta’s spell at Craven Cottage in the second half of the 2010-11 season, when the young Frenchman’s wages were equally shared between the two clubs.

If the deal is completed, Lukaku will become Fulham’s third forward signing of the transfer window.

The west Londoners have already signed Mladen Petric and Hugo Rodallega on frees, from Hamburg and Wigan Athletic respectively, but sold Andy Johnson to QPR and lost out to Reading in their bid to sign Russian Pavel Pogrebnyak, their loan star of last season.

• Advertisement

From the Mail, Cavani anyone?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2174445/Chelsea-pay-Edinson-Cavani-150k-week.html
    Edinson Cavani will demand parity with Chelsea’s top earners when he reopens talks with the European champions this week.

The Uruguay striker’s representatives will tell the London club he wants a pay deal worth £150,000 a week, which would put him on a par with John Terry, Frank Lampard and Fernando Torres.
    Cavani, who can leave Napoli for £35million, is one of the options being considered by Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo as he looks to fill the gaping hole left by Didier Drogba.

Once the capture of attacking midfielder Oscar is complete, the Blues will look to complete two more deals — expected to be a centre forward and a right back — before the transfer window closes.

Cavani, 25, who is also on the Juventus wanted list, has been watched by Chelsea for some time and scored against them in the Champions League last season.

Chelsea are also exploring moves for Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao and Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Im sure we will be off loading a few players this summer and we could see the likes of Malouda, Meireles and Essien leaving.

DiMatteo plays a 4-2-3-1 formation
    So that means we will need ten midfield players

Torres

Sturridge

Hazard - Mata - Oscar
    -Marin - ???? - Ramires-

---Lampard - Mikel----
    --McEachran-Oriol

Cole--Terry--Luiz--?????
    Bertrand-Cahil-Ivan-Hutch

Cech

Hilario

This leaves a postion for DeBruyne and Piazon to fight for in Midfield. We also need a RB.

IMO its justified we try sign the best emerging talent from all over the globe. Like it or not its progression, weather we buy the players or develop them from youth we have to progress as a squad and obtain the best talent in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

GavRedKing wrote: »

Have to say it's great to be linked with the above and anyone would do nicely.
    We seem to buying a lot of smaller more skillful players ala barcelona but wonder if they will have the same work ethic.

Well the thing about Hazard, Mata and Oscar, if we played them all in the 3 support roles I'd expect alot of freedom between the lads and inter changing positions when we had the ball but they'ed have to be disciplined when we lost it.

Techless wrote: »
    Have to say it's great to be linked with the above and anyone would do nicely.
    We seem to buying a lot of smaller more skillful players ala barcelona but wonder if they will have the same work ethic.

Cavani's a big enough lad though. 6ft 1inches I think. Now, hes not exactly Drogba, more like Torres but hes no Messi/Iniesta/Sanchez :P

Still though, its good to be kinjed with Cavani/Higuain etc etc

Well the thing about Hazard, Mata and Oscar, if we played them all in the 3 support roles I'd expect alot of freedom between the lads and inter changing positions when we had the ball but they'ed have to be disciplined when we lost it.

At least Mata will get a rest. Now we have some depth in midfield and rotate more over the 60 odd games

With Marin coming in we have a decent option to play out wide and move Hazard to the centre.

We defintely have more options then previous years.

Your right Gav, id expect a lot of freedom with these players. Hazard can play any were and im sure Mata would grow into a role on the right allowing him to come in on to his favoured left foot. This would also make Mata very versitile like Hazard.

As for work ethic iv done some research on Oscar although i have not seen him play other than youtube. But what i found was he has a good work rate on and off the ball. We all know that Mata never stands still and iv also read some where Hazard does the dirty work too in tracking back.

But if one of the above fails.......images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2qk13KE6TE1N2g-fOdcrSyr1eSUkqiWde1opZeGhM2mZiBnIxwVUppA

Ramires reminds me of :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy3B6gKydcEBw0287dBrD7DVwqeuefvferA6qgxEC46Ih62wlH

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMSTlLPvSiLw5zL1ZSIVCcMja6rJKKGYjC0U81_DGAZ3rvQHR1bA

He never stops does Rambo.

Spot on lads, we will have a proper versatile midfield with skill creativity and also steel in Lamps Mikel Ramires and Oriol. Delighted with the signings so far and its been a long time since we had this sort of midfieild.

We play so many games a season and when you take into account the euros, world cup and olimpic games topped with ACON a lot of our players a relyed on too much and they need to be given a rest. With the players we now have we can easily rotate while still competing for trophys.

Its great that we are linked with Cavani too but TBH i dont think we need him. Id prefere us keep our money and play Torres and Sturridge. Cavani is quality and at the moment he is a better striker then both Torres and Sturridge but i do think we have enough fire power to win things this season. Leave Torres as our main man and see what he can offer. If he fails by all means get Cavani next season and let Torres go, but just give him this season as our main man to prove his price tag.

• Advertisement

With Torres, I'd give him until Janaury to prove himself. If he cant score with Mata,Hazard,Oscar and Lampard supplying him then we cant do much more for him, especially when hes going to be our main striker.

If we can give Lukaku a loan deal until December 31st we can bring him back if Torres/Sturridge arent doing much and giving him a go as most of the options will be UCL cup tied.

With Torres, I'd give him until Janaury to prove himself. If he cant score with Mata,Hazard,Oscar and Lampard supplying him then we cant do much more for him, especially when hes going to be our main striker.

If we can give Lukaku a loan deal until December 31st we can bring him back if Torres/Sturridge arent doing much and giving him a go as most of the options will be UCL cup tied.

Yea I would go with that seems perfectly reasonable, put the pressure on both Studge and Nando and see if they are capable - with that midfield they should get plenty of chances.

Of course if Studge leaves then there would be a need for a striker other than that no.

Yea I would go with that seems perfectly reasonable, put the pressure on both Studge and Nando and see if they are capable - with that midfield they should get plenty of chances.

Of course if Studge leaves then there would be a need for a striker other than that no.

If Sturridge leaves, because hes our 2nd choice, then he'd have to be replaced IMO, if Lukaku goes on loan then its not as bad but its a risk ahving only 2 recognised strikers in the squad unless were going to risk one of the youths as 3rd choice.

My main fear with all these recent transfer "rumours" is that it looks like same old same old in one sense. by that I mean it seems as though it's Roman making all the noise's and it having nothing to do with RDM, I mean with all the player's we are supposed to be in for, they don't really fit into the various positions that need filling. If we sign them all we will have a serious headache keeping them all happy and it's all go down the tubes like has happened before...

Don't get me wrong its his play thing and it great to see such talented players being linked to us but can it be moulded into a team? I doubt it but time will tell...

If Sturridge leaves, because hes our 2nd choice, then he'd have to be replaced IMO, if Lukaku goes on loan then its not as bad but its a risk ahving only 2 recognised strikers in the squad unless were going to risk one of the youths as 3rd choice.

Youth & RDM don't really seem to go hand in hand though.

Might be a bit harsh there giving Ryan a start in the Champions league final was a big shout. Easy thing to do would have been to start with Malouda (easy but IMO wrong).

Apparently after Edens little brother now.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/lequipe-chelsea-close-to-signing-edens-brother-thorgan-hazard/

Your forgetting this guy in about 12 months time if RDM fails.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTumguJY7OIcYox2WzsdPfUuiyvIllqe1Q-i50Hz2mnnwCR-d5FMQ

My main fear with all these recent transfer "rumours" is that it looks like same old same old in one sense. by that I mean it seems as though it's Roman making all the noise's and it having nothing to do with RDM, I mean with all the player's we are supposed to be in for, they don't really fit into the various positions that need filling. If we sign them all we will have a serious headache keeping them all happy and it's all go down the tubes like has happened before...

Don't get me wrong its his play thing and it great to see such talented players being linked to us but can it be moulded into a team? I doubt it but time will tell...

Thats rediculous paper talk. Roman obviously has the ultimate say as its his money but im sure all his advisors that take a wage are also giving their imput, including DiMatteo.

As for moulding a team we already have a team, we just bought two ne players and one of them is going into the starting line up.

Regarding Torres and Sturridge we do need at least two strikers and if Sturridge goes id like to keep Lukaku and use him as back up to Torres.
    As far as im aware Napoli did not qualify for Champions league next season so Cavani could still be cup free (champions league) in January if Sturridge leaves and Torres is poor.

A common misconception - in fact he got flak for fielding youth in the last few league games whilst he saved the "oldies" for the CL

Also he only got to manage a few league games

He gave Lukaku his first start against Blackburn provising an assist for JT, played Bertrand, put Piazon on the bench

He knows youth is the future and Chelsea are being re-shaped into a younger side - Hazard, Marin, Oscar, but he;s not stupid even to disregard the senior players, he knows a blend is best as Cech pointed out

I think Marin mentioned we might even play 4-1-4-1!

• Advertisement

Spot on SGT!

DiMatteo done extreamly well last season but IMO the Jury is still out on him. Roman will be compairing him to Guardiola wether we like it or not and im sure Robbie knows this.

All our signings so far have been Guardiola type players as in all technically sound. So im sure Guardiola will be in the back of Romans taughts when sanctioning the signatures of our new arivals.

Dont forget we are also still chasing Andre Shurrle lads!! :D

Might be a bit harsh there giving Ryan a start in the Champions league final was a big shout. Easy thing to do would have been to start with Malouda (easy but IMO wrong).

Forgot about Ryan in the CL final, was a big call alright but maybe his hand was forced on that one on current form of the other players for that position?
    what a day wrote: »
    Thats rediculous paper talk. Roman obviously has the ultimate say as its his money but im sure all his advisors that take a wage are also giving their imput, including DiMatteo.

As for moulding a team we already have a team, we just bought two ne players and one of them is going into the starting line up.

Ah here, It's not paper talk at all, in fact I don't read papers only once in a blue moon. Hate the tabloids. No manager in their right mind would be looking to buy (that is of course if we actually are in for them) all these players being linked, to try and create a team around them, it's great to see us being linked but TBH the most of them are midfeilders. Which is something we already have in abundance.
    A common misconception - in fact he got flak for fielding youth in the last few league games whilst he saved the "oldies" for the CL

Also he only got to manage a few league games

He gave Lukaku his first start against Blackburn provising an assist for JT, played Bertrand, put Piazon on the bench

He knows youth is the future and Chelsea are being re-shaped into a younger side - Hazard, Marin, Oscar, but he;s not stupid even to disregard the senior players, he knows a blend is best as Cech pointed out

I think Marin mentioned we might even play 4-1-4-1!

But most of them games were meaningless games where we were in no mans land with nothing to play for. Pretty much every team on the planet plays some youth players in those situations.

Seem's I've touched a nerve with some, I'm not bitching like i said its great to see but what will we play a 3 6 1 ??? lol :pac:

what a day wrote: »
    Spot on SGT!

DiMatteo done extreamly well last season but IMO the Jury is still out on him. Roman will be compairing him to Guardiola wether we like it or not and im sure Robbie knows this.

All our signings so far have been Guardiola type players as in all technically sound. So im sure Guardiola will be in the back of Romans taughts when sanctioning the signatures of our new arivals.

Dont forget we are also still chasing Andre Shurrle lads!! :D

He done well in the cup's because he put all his eggs into that basket, he wont have that luxury this year.

This year we have to at least challenge for the league and thats where RDM failed last year.

If he does well in the league and retains one of our cups I can see him been kept on, if he fails and wins nothing I'd expect him to be turfed out and Pep to get a huge contract.

He done well in the cup's because he put all his eggs into that basket, he wont have that luxury this year.

This year we have to at least challenge for the league and thats where RDM failed last year.

If he does well in the league and retains one of our cups I can see him been kept on, if he fails and wins nothing I'd expect him to be turfed out and Pep to get a huge contract.

And then we pay him €50M a year later when we sack him :P

And then we pay him €50M a year later when we sack him :P

Unless he got us relegated, I couldnt see Roman sacking Pep, hes his poster boy for success and how he plays and approaches the game.

If Pep brought over Gerard Deulofeu it would be brillant to, think that guy has a huge future ahead of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

The point though is he came out on top in the competition which he focussed on. I expect RDM to focus on the league from day one this year, if for no other reason than a top 4 finish will be demanded.
    We are in the middle of the silly season at the moment and so will be linked with all sorts of players and then you'll have the agents acting the maggot as well. Lets see what we have as a squad when the season begins before we judge.

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    The point though is he came out on top in the competition which he focussed on. I expect RDM to focus on the league from day one this year, if for no other reason than a top 4 finish will be demanded.
    We are in the middle of the silly season at the moment and so will be linked with all sorts of players and then you'll have the agents acting the maggot as well. Lets see what we have as a squad when the season begins before we judge.

The thing is though with our current squad, its much better then fighting for a top 4 finish we should be pushing for the league right up until the last 6 games at least.

I hope for Chelsea FC & RDM's sake that we are in the mix for the title come April/May as if were not he'll be out on his ear and replaced.

I'm not arguing his achievements as his UCL victory justifies what he done with reagrds that competition but we threw away games in the league that would have seen us finish in the top 4 without the pressure of having to win the UCL.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

I'm personally of the view that Sturridge, like Walcott with Arsenal, is pretty overrated. Both players can be magical at best, but so many misplaced passes, so many balls lost in possession, too often bad decision making really overshadows all the good they have to offer. I feel like if Sturridge was offloaded to a mid-table PL club he would fall away into nothingness. Realistically he should be given more time with the club to prove this, but if he fails to nail down a first team place after this year (and no one here can really see that happening?), then he should be offloaded.

If sturridge does better then Torres this season thenI'd have no problem with him staying if not and hes moaning about playing wide then he can get lost.

A small bit on Gerard Deulofeu who recently starred for Spain in their U-19 triumph.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/la-liga/2012/07/16/3245174/the-future-is-bright-red-deulofeu-jese-the-spain-under-19
    Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu, who ran across the pitch and slid a pass through the legs of the last defender for his team-mate to do the rest. Deulofeu has impressed for Spain at under-17 level and now two years in a row with the the U-19 side. Still a raw talent and lacking discipline at times, the winger is seen as the next biggest star to emerge from La Masia and although he has already made his senior bow, the Catalan club are carefully nurturing the player behind the scenes until he is ready to star for the first team. And on this evidence, that is likely to be soon.

Looks like (according to Forbes anyways) we are the 45th most valuable sports team in the world. Not bad but we are miles behind #1 ranked ManU so lots of work to do here.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ikdf/45-chelsea-2/#gallerycontent

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement