Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Looks like (according to Forbes anyways) we are the 45th most valuable sports team in the world. Not bad but we are miles behind #1 ranked ManU so lots of work to do here.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ikdf/45-chelsea-2/#gallerycontent

How many trophies did Utd win last year though? :p

In all seriousness, we do have a LONG way before we start climbing up that list.

We would need a new stadium or re-development and better merchandise sales as well as more exposure across the global markets.

So it seems that we've bid for Walcott but its all internet rumours at the moment.

Just when we left one headless RW go we shouldnt be looking to sign another. :(

Hope theres no truths in the rumour at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So it seems that we've bid for Walcott but its all internet rumours at the moment.

Just when we left one headless RW go we shouldnt be looking to sign another. :(

Hope theres no truths in the rumour at all at all.

I've not seen any reliable source to this rumour so I wouldn't pay much heed to it.
    In saying that if Walcott does leave Arsenal I think Chelsea is his most likely destination.

amiable wrote: »
    I've not seen any reliable source to this rumour so I wouldn't pay much heed to it.
    In saying that if Walcott does leave Arsenal I think Chelsea is his most likely destination.

Hopefully Liverpool stump up from him. :o

I'd rather not spend my days this season shouting at Walcott/Sturridge/Ramires running aimlessly down the right flank. :(

Hopefully Liverpool stump up from him. :o

I'd rather not spend my days this season shouting at Walcott/Sturridge/Ramires running aimlessly down the right flank. :(

He's supposedly looking for 100k per week so that rules Liverpool out I'd say.
    I think he may go to Chelsea as a replacement for Sturridge if Sturridge does force a move.
    I'd glady see Liverpool take Ramires off Chelsea's hands :)

He's supposedly looking for 100k per week so that rules Liverpool out I'd say.
    I think he may go to Chelsea as a replacement for Sturridge if Sturridge does force a move.
    I'd glady see Liverpool take Ramires off Chelsea's hands :)

:eek:

I'd much rather gift wrap ye Sturridge then see us lose Ramires. Hes improved alot from his first few months to be considered a big part of our plans with his energy and drive.

He'd be a big lose to our CM if we lost him as I think hes wasted out wide but hes has played there to counter the pace of some teams LW's and help our RB.

:eek:

I'd much rather gift wrap ye Sturridge then see us lose Ramires. Hes improved alot from his first few months to be considered a big part of our plans with his energy and drive.

He'd be a big lose to our CM if we lost him as I think hes wasted out wide but hes has played there to counter the pace of some teams LW's and help our RB.

It's funny because I remember the outrage last summer when I suggested Liverpool might buy Sturridge :D

It's funny because I remember the outrage last summer when I suggested Liverpool might buy Sturridge :D

I'd like to keep Sturridge to but if it came down to picking Ramires or Sturridge I'd keep Ramires.

Also if it was between Sturridge and Walcott I'd keep Sturridge as it wouldnt cost us £20 + Million and 100K Wages.

If we did sign him it woudl truly be a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere.

Marin Lipton has just posted this on Chelsea
    Chelsea move for Napoli's Edinson Cavani no real surprise given he has been on the target list for a long time but the briefings about the player's demands for £150K per week suggest the Champions League winners aren't entirely confident of landing their man. Cavani looked a class act against Chelsea last season, in both legs. Indeed, for 25 minutes at Stamford Bridge he looked completely untouchable.
    Brazilian midfielder Oscar, though, will become a Chelsea player, and soon. It all comes down to price but Chelsea are the only serious bidders and Internacional want to cash in quickly.
    Fair to say we will be witnessing a new-look Chelsea this season, and not just because Didier Drogba, Salomon Kalou and Jose Bosingwa have gone - and is likely to be followed by Florent Malouda and, I suspect, Michael Essien.
    Chelsea have already, remember, signed Kevin De Bruyne, Marko Marin and Eden Hazard. The issue, now, for Roberto Di Matteo is turning that squad into one that can give Roman Abramovich the sort of football he demands. Haven't seen "Barcelona in blue shirts" too often over the past decade.

Them wages for Cavani would place him up there with Torres/Lamps/Terry.

It would be a good signing I think though but the talks of a RB have kind of dried up recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not exactly sure how much this brings in but must be something.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2851323,00.html

Thanks Uncle Roman

More sponsorship partners is always welcome TBH.Will help to increase revenue to and global PR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

It's great to see all these sponsorship deals rolling in, should help boost the coffers.

On oscar, is it possible that he is been bought to play mainly in midfield with mikel and then ramires playing on the right wing. Mata in the middle and hazard on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Oscar released from Brazil national squad to undergo Chelsea medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Here ye might like this
    Paulo Freitas‏@Cynegeticus

Brazil's main sports site 'Globo Esporte' has confirmed that Oscar has been allowed to undergo the medical at #CFC and sign contract too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Look up mate. :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

RT @Pitacodogringo: Brazilian Football Confederation personnel confirmed that Oscar was released for the medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

G.K. wrote: »
    Look up mate. :pac:

Hey screw you man!

Look at the time of posts and he doesnt even have a fancy pants Twitter quote in his :D

And! I had also dropped the bomb in the summer shopping thread before

• Advertisement

Happy with Oscar, signing young promising players for big money is always risky but its a risk that could pay off if they fire us to silverwear this coming season.

An article from across the pond about our upcoming friendly, nmore in the linked article.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports/2012/07/18/champs-europe-chelsea-starts-tour-in-seattle/
    If it's possible to ignore a disappointing sixth-place finish in the Premier League, then Chelsea's 2011-12 season has to be counted among the finest in club history.

FA Cup title? Check. A first UEFA Champions League crown, and in dramatic fashion? Check.

Embroiled in drama both on and off the field, the Blues will try to move forward from the roller coaster of last season when their preseason American tour begins on Wednesday night with an exhibition against the Seattle Sounders.

The short offseason has nearly matched the commotion of the entire 2011-12 season. From striker Didier Drogba leaving to play in China, to manager Roberto Di Matteo having the interim tag removed, to John Terry being cleared of racially abusing an opponent, it's been a busy couple of months at Stamford Bridge.

Throw in the signings of midfielders Eden Hazard from Lille and Marko Marin from Werder Bremen and it hasn't left much time for the Blues to fully appreciate what they accomplished at the end of last season.

Just how rare was what Chelsea accomplished? Thanks to Drogba's clinching shootout penalty kick in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich, Chelsea became the first English club since Liverpool in 1981 to win a domestic cup title and the championship of Europe in the same season, without winning the league title. Manchester United won the FA Cup, Premier League and Champions League in 1999.

The Blues will be without five of their biggest names for the first stop of a four-game American tour that will feature the first soccer match at the new Yankee Stadium against Paris Saint-Germain, a match with the MLS All-Stars in Philadelphia and a final exhibition versus AC Milan in Miami.
    Spanish star Fernando Torres, who helped Spain win the European Championship earlier this month, and Portugal's Raul Meireles will join the tour later. As will French midfielder Flourent Malouda and the English defensive duo of Ashley Cole and Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Sky sports report that another bid was made for Moses and again rejected.

Techless wrote: »
    Sky sports report that another bid was made for Moses and again rejected.

:(

Just stop Roman/Emanelo/Gourlay/RDM.

Whoever wants Moses at this stage shoudl really stop.

We have a surplus of players at the moment and some need to leave fairly soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Did we get Oscar can someone tell me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yep - getting to be a bit like the early days when RA took over - every time you checked we'd signed another dud.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Did we get Oscar can someone tell me?

Seems to be true but theres nothing official yet. Wait until the club announce it for 100% confirmation.

bullpost wrote: »
    Yep - getting to be a bit like the early days when RA took over - every time you checked we'd signed another dud.

True, true. :o:(

Whats everyones WORST Chelsea XI?

Its hard to actually pick some positions really.
    Turnbull

Bogarde Ben Haim Boulahrouz Del Horno

Ambroseti Veron Della Bona

Furlong Sutton Kezman

For some reason I never liked Dalla Bona, and could never take to Turnbull.

Thats my worst XI from what I know best and remember.

Think Bogarde is going to be everyones number 1 name on that list :)

bullpost wrote: »
    Think Bogarde is going to be everyones number 1 name on that list :)

Goalkeeper was hard to pick, gave it to Turnbull as poor old Hilario doesnt really deserve it. :pac:

From Football365

£26m bid rejected for Willian

• Advertisement

From Football365

£26m bid rejected for Willian

Its like Football Manager and just bidding on everyone and see who accepts.

:pac:

Robbis on Oscar.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/oscar-transfer-to-chelsea-not-up-1147362

Article also mentions Malouda exit talk and a possible deal for Hazard's brother.

Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo preferred not to comment on speculation linking the club with Internacional midfielder Oscar.
    The highly-rated 20-year-old is currently in London as he prepares to compete in the Olympics with Brazil.

Although the Blues have already secured midfielders Eden Hazard and Marko Marin, speculation has persisted recently that they are determined to add Oscar to their ranks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hang on, is it wigan or chelsea who are releasing this information? Dave Whelan is pretty tragic and ham fisted when it comes to manipulating the press. He's just trying, badly, to drive up the price of his asset

One thing thats annoying me really about the transfer policy is the intake of players. RDM will automatically be expected to achieve more then he did last year because the squad is better as a whole with more players arriving, it could really hinder his chances of long term success, although long term planning and Chelsea managers rarely fit in the same sentence.

One thing thats annoying me really about the transfer policy is the intake of players. RDM will automatically be expected to achieve more then he did last year because the squad is better as a whole with more players arriving, it could really hinder his chances of long term success, although long term planning and Chelsea managers rarely fit in the same sentence.

That maybe so, but it's certainly better to be improving the squad, I don't think anyone would argue with that. And the squad has needed this over haul for the last few seasons.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Hang on, is it wigan or chelsea who are releasing this information? Dave Whelan is pretty tragic and ham fisted when it comes to manipulating the press. He's just trying, badly, to drive up the price of his asset

Wouldnt surprise me if it was someone on Wigan's side. Fairplay to them though, they dont want to lose him for anything under there valuation but when that valuation gets to high we have to walk away.

That maybe so, but it's certainly better to be improving the squad, I don't think anyone would argue with that. And the squad has needed this over haul for the last few seasons.

Oh ya, the overhaul was well needed and it was always going to be costly, but the downside to that is RDM will be under even more pressure to deliver and with the thoughts of Pep waiting in the wings for his job, bar RDM winning a treble, it most be a huge amount of pressure for one man and his coaching staff.

Oh ya, the overhaul was well needed and it was always going to be costly, but the downside to that is RDM will be under even more pressure to deliver and with the thoughts of Pep waiting in the wings for his job, bar RDM winning a treble, it most be a huge amount of pressure for one man and his coaching staff.

In fairness he has just the same pressure AVB had, but a better squad!

In fairness he has just the same pressure AVB had, but a better squad!

I'd argue hes under more pressure given what we did last year.

We have to improve our league position and we have to win at least one domestic cup and have a good run in the UCL.

The fact hes got a better squad and has more money spent on said squad then he'll have to improve every aspect of our game including playing style.

Would think that Bosnich could give Turnbull a run for his money.

Still trying to get over the sadness of Bogardes departure........many years on and the pains still there :o

• Advertisement

I just have this picture in my head of Robbie , having been told by RA to buy whoever he wants, making bids.
    In the meantime RA is losing the run of himself after the CL win, and he too, probably from his holiday yacht, is also busy bidding for anyone that takes his fancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Turnbull.
    Techless wrote: »
    Would think that Bosnich could give Turnbull a run for his money.

I see them and raise you Dave Beasant :mad:

I was at this game and left with murder in mind. Horror show starts at 50 seconds

I'll be in my special room for the rest of the day after watching that again

RichT wrote: »

I was at this game and left with murder in mind. Horror show starts at 50 seconds

Apologies Rich T for causing such stress, my thoughts are with you

You win RichT, now I'm just deciding should I ban ya for posting NSFW material after that showing.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

Sweet mercy what have I just watched

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

My worst 11 hmmm tricky

Steve Sherwood (will give Turnbull the benefit of the doubt he may improve)

Graham Wilkins, Winston Bogarde, Ben-Haim, Glen Johnson

Veron, Quaresma, Vinnie Jones, Jody Morris

Teddy Maybank, Mutu

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_chelsea-set-to-announce-deal-for-brazil-starlet-oscar_1716596

Not exactly the most reputable. ^ :p

Brazil coach Mano Menezes gave Oscar permission to have the examination just hours after arriving in London with the team's Olympic squad.

Oscar has made six international appearances for Brazil and was one of the team's standout performers during a recent series of friendlies in Germany and the US.

He has been given the No.10 shirt for the Olympic tournament by Menezes, who has earmarked Oscar for the team's playmaker role.
    Renowned for his slick passing, vision and speed, Oscar scored a hat-trick in Brazil's 3-2 defeat of Portugal in the final of last year's FIFA Under-20 World Cup in Colombia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

RichT wrote: »

I was also there , and Ill now be resting my eyes for the next 3 days nursing a large drink.

That's up there with the 2-0 2-3 loss against Arsenal ( Kanu h/trick ) I was in the lower west stand ( only tier built ) and got soaked to the skin to boot ... Large whiskey required in the pub afterwards

Davidth88 wrote: »
    I was also there , and Ill now be resting my eyes for the next 3 days nursing a large drink.

That's up there with the 2-0 2-3 loss against Arsenal ( Kanu h/trick ) I was in the lower west stand ( only tier built ) and got soaked to the skin to boot ... Large whiskey required in the pub afterwards

Ah jaysus :(

That brings back painful memories alright, that goal on the by-line, I'm still wondering how he managed to get it in from there and the fact he was allowed to dance and prance around that night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

My worst 11 hmmm tricky

Steve Sherwood (will give Turnbull the benefit of the doubt he may improve)

Graham Wilkins, Winston Bogarde, Ben-Haim, Glen Johnson

Veron, Quaresma, Vinnie Jones, Jody Morris

Teddy Maybank, Mutu

Kezman is far worse than mutu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement