Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Bateman wrote: »
    Not to read too much into any friendly, but with Drogba gone, I'd expect Lukaku to get his chances this season. He's young obviously, but if he's good enough then he's old enough, especially as Torres will be sharing the load with him. Marin and Hazard scoring can't do their confidence any harm either.

Another couple of wins please and then it's a case of roll on Monte Carlo & Wembley

I think Lukaku will be sent out on loan to get experience.
    He has raw talent and a run of games will do him the world of good.
    Fulham have been linked with him. Might be a good move long term

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya can never really put to much thought into pre-seasons though, its mainly just to get back to playing ball and getting back to match fitness, I wouldnt really care to much about performances this early in the season. :P
    Yeah, true enough. I just want Torres scoring! He probably wasn't involved though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

solarith wrote: »
    Yeah, true enough. I just want Torres scoring! He probably wasn't involved though?

Hes meeting up with the squad when the move to NY to play the PSG game. Himself, Terry, Cole, Malouda, Mata.

amiable wrote: »
    I think Lukaku will be sent out on loan to get experience.
    He has raw talent and a run of games will do him the world of good.
    Fulham have been linked with him. Might be a good move long term

Thats if we keep Danny. If Danny is sold or demands a move will RDM keep Lukaku and trust him as a number 2 or will he bring someone and ship out Lukaku?

I'd suggest a loan, if hes good enough he'll force his way into a team and hopefully get some game time.

Few images from the Daily Mail.

Marin is tiny ha :pac:

article-2175770-141EC7EF000005DC-43_634x520.jpg

Love their stadium.

article-2175770-141EC823000005DC-137_634x421.jpg

Lukaku is happy with his chance in pre season with Drogba gone, Sturridge going to the Olympics and Torres late coming back.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2853486,00.html

Lukaku played 63 minutes, as long as anyone as 22 players were used during the course of the encounter, and afterwards he spoke about developing understandings within the side. His first goal came after Josh McEachran supplied a ball that allowed him to shrug off a defender and finish from inside the box, the second came when Marko Marin threaded a ball down the middle.

'It is great work from the manager because he wants to keep a balance between the new boys and the players who were already here,' said the 19-year-old.

'I know Josh very well and he knows how I want the ball - so he saw me running and he gave an inch-perfect pass for me. Then the second, from Marko, was like in training as well.

'The key is to start to get to know the players and sometimes you say how you want the ball and if the players are world-class players like here, then they know how to feed the striker.'

Love their stadium.

That's some pic

Thats if we keep Danny. If Danny is sold or demands a move will RDM keep Lukaku and trust him as a number 2 or will he bring someone and ship out Lukaku?

I'd suggest a loan, if hes good enough he'll force his way into a team and hopefully get some game time.

I think if Sturridge is sold he'll be replaced with Chelsea buying someone else.
    I think a player like Lukaku would benefit so much from a run of games and the knowledge he won't get dropped.

That's some pic

Excellent stadium and the Sounders have the highest average attendance of any MLS team, averaging above 37K for the season which is remarkable for the MLS, the stadium is a 50-55K stadium but those figures are very impressive IMO.
    I think if Sturridge is sold he'll be replaced with Chelsea buying someone else.
    I think a player like Lukaku would benefit so much from a run of games and the knowledge he won't get dropped.

Agreed on both counts, Lukaku needs games, the 3 club would have hindered him last season from going on loan but this year hopefully he can pick up 20 + games with a team and hopefully reach double figures in goals, be very good for his progression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Few images from the Daily Mail.

Love their stadium.

Looks like American football stadium, dont know why.

But still great one. Would love to see these type of stadiums in PL. Apart from few stadiums, I feel the stadiums in PL are bit boring. (Before any one asks, no I haven't been to any stadiums, just from what I have seen on TV)

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Looks like American football stadium, dont know why.

But still great one. Would love to see these type of stadiums in PL. Apart from few stadiums, I feel the stadiums in PL are bit boring. (Before any one asks, no I haven't been to any stadiums, just from what I have seen on TV)

It is an NFL stadium :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CenturyLink_Field

The Seahawks play there, again, very passionate crowd up in Seattle for sports.

Excellent stadium to booth.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8VRF9nFmwTC67Q_NlMVzEn5eYhGP8Yyhf9eC0j6xp2DQcvIvY

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlHGFdZizMu4V08FZqIHvMTjV2rU6Bsx1eZPcL0_NnaFapqFeO

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSxJDGfj5wU5XVQzOLMoT4Cb987MXoGfVFuTgVhtkJt8vfVomosRw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It is an NFL stadium :o

Then I'm spot on :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It does look pretty class.
    Not a bad opening game last night, bar some shocking defending.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Then I'm spot on :cool:

Gold star for Giggsy11

:pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWLShM-sre8dDzjRkRH5LwXEMTsSNusQA0vAiO76BqrvkvY0_B-uUiXMk3xg

Panthro wrote: »
    It does look pretty class.
    Not a bad opening game last night, bar some shocking defending.

Ya, as Giggsy said it would be nice to see some different stadiums in the EPL then the bowls or the ancient 80's ones we have but you'd have people complain about loss of atmosphere if you tried to build something like Seattle's stadium.

• Advertisement

The Battersea proposal with the 4 towers did have a certain "fortress" look about it. I googled a few of the proposal images, pretty impressive stuff.

Ya, the Battersea proposal was excellent looking, I mean if we did have a chance to work on that project it would have made for an impressive looking home.

Sadly, not to be. :(

Make of this what you will.

http://www.albawaba.com/sport/di-matteo-chelsea-malouda-434675

Not exacty the first source for my info really. :pac:
    Malouda's 75,000 pound-a-week wage demands are acting as a dampener for a move, but Brazilian trio Santos, Botafogo and Vasco Da Gama are keen on the French international.

Yossi Benayoun and Gael Kakuta also have question marks hanging over them.everal youngsters are set to be sent out on loan, unless they convince Di Matteo pre-season that they are good enough to be part of his first-team squad.

Striker Romelu Lukaku, midfielder Josh McEachran and new signing Kevin De Bruyne have all been told by Di Matteo that if they fail to perform during the pre season tour, then they would be loaned to other clubs.

I don't envy RDM trying to pick a 25 man squad to be honest!
    Malouda and his 75G's a week demands, go way out of that Florent!

Panthro wrote: »
    I don't envy RDM trying to pick a 25 man squad to be honest!
    Malouda and his 75G's a week demands, go way out of that Florent!

You can register as many U21's as you like but we have to have at least 8 Home grown players.

So I'd say were ok at the moment. :pac:

Oh and Malouda can go away, as far as possible please.

• Advertisement

How Oscar and Hulk would look in Chelsea blue.

HulkOscar180712.jpg

/gets coat

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Does any one know, do our 8 home grown players have to be over the age of 21 or can our youths in the squad count as home grown?
    Players like McEachran Chalobha count as home grown even if they are under 21?

what a day wrote: »
    Does any one know, do our 8 home grown players have to be over the age of 21 or can our youths in the squad count as home grown?
    Players like McEachran Chalobha count as home grown even if they are under 21?

Ya they count, we dont have to register them as there U21 but they've also been registered with the FA for more then 3 years so there recognised as Home Grown.
    What I can tell from HG players is :

Turnbull
    Blackman
    Chaloblah
    Terry
    Cole
    Lampard
    Cahill
    Sturridge
    Josh Mac
    Hutchinson

Theres the ones I can think that will be registered with the 1st team that are Home Grown.

Edit : The players have to be registered with the first team to count as HG players to count and becasue there U21 they wont take up a place. Hope that clears it up.

Heres one I missed :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8858634.stm

- Home-grown players do not have to be English; home-grown players are defined as those who "irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday"

So in effect, Kakuta is also definded as been HG as hes trained with us for 3 years before his 21st birthday.

How Oscar and Hulk would look in Chelsea blue.

HulkOscar180712.jpg

/gets coat

panthro3.jpg
    The Panthro says "No!"
    (I'll get our coats)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

You don't have to name 8 overage HG players. You just can't name a non-HG one in their place.

G.K. wrote: »
    You don't have to name 8 overage HG players. You just can't name a non-HG one in their place.

I made a balls in trying to explain it and I'm after confusing myself so I just posted the link to the short BBC article. :o

Thanks lads!

Think we are ok for Home grown talent so. Will only get better too with some of the youth we currently have in our youth set up.

Cant wait to go home and watch the match, think its on CTV later on.
    I noticed the line up posted earlier, what way did our back four line out like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

@F8Piraux: Claudio Pasqualin (Italian agent) : "The last bid for Edinson Cavani came from Chelsea. I think Vargas will replace Cavani" #CFC #Napoli

True apparently!

Cavani would be an awsome signing and i think we are favourits to sign him. But i wonder what affect it will have on Torres and Sturridge. Id presume we will let Lukaku go on loan to Fulham if we do sign Cavani.

what a day wrote: »
    Cavani would be an awsome signing and i think we are favourits to sign him. But i wonder what affect it will have on Torres and Sturridge. Id presume we will let Lukaku go on loan to Fulham if we do sign Cavani.

He would link up very well with Torres or who ever.
    He does that very well. Although he is physically big, hes a completely different style of player to Drogba - looks to link up more with players, but likes to come deep

• Advertisement

Looks like we offered cash plus a player for Moses?

Dave "eeding" whelan
    I shall be finding out today whether Chelsea will pay cash because we are not interested in picking up one of their players on loan or in part exchange. They know the price for Moses, we are looking to reach £10 million if that means £8 million cash and some add-ons, that fine, as the lad knows that we want him to stay but that we won't stand in his way either.

I don't like standing in the way of a young player who can make the jump to one of Europe's great clubs and play well for them, I would just wish him all the best, but really we don't want him to go, he will be worth £15 million or £20 million after a few months with a club like Chelsea. He has a year left on his contract, we have offered him a new one, but we can understand why he would want to play for Chelsea, although I must say there are other clubs sniffing around too.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/19/3169572/dave-whelan-names-his-price-for-victor-moses

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Thorgan Hazard to Chelsea confirmed

Worth a punt at the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

By whom??????

RichT wrote: »
    By whom??????

Lens

Someone on another forum met Hulk and Oscar

"Been up and met the players as they arrived at Durham Tees Valley airport tonight. It was all very quick, rushed and a little mad, but managed to get a handshake off Hulk, Oscar and Pato.

I asked Hulk if he was coming to Chelsea....don't think he under stud me until I pointed at my training jersey badge......his reaction was a huge smile and a thumbs up. read into that what you will.

I got a handshake off Oscar and I said "Welcome to Chelsea" he replied with a nod, smile and a thumbs up!!!"

That's confirmation at it's finest Sgt!:D

Twitter is great

Mikel12Official
    @DavidLuiz_4 come on u need to cut your hair

@DavidLuiz_4 1 min
    @Mikel12Official just me? Check yours in the mirror! Hahaha ugly face and ugly hair! Haha #CFCTour

Someone on another forum met Hulk and Oscar

"Been up and met the players as they arrived at Durham Tees Valley airport tonight. It was all very quick, rushed and a little mad, but managed to get a handshake off Hulk, Oscar and Pato.

I asked Hulk if he was coming to Chelsea....don't think he under stud me until I pointed at my training jersey badge......his reaction was a huge smile and a thumbs up. read into that what you will.

I got a handshake off Oscar and I said "Welcome to Chelsea" he replied with a nod, smile and a thumbs up!!!"

Thats it for me, absolute banker that Hulk is coming :)
    Twitter is great

Mikel12Official

@DavidLuiz_4 1 min
    @Mikel12Official just me? Check yours in the mirror! Hahaha ugly face and ugly hair! Haha #CFCTour

Excellent, really is a case of kettle calling the pot black with Mikel.

Not Racist ^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Twitter is great

Mikel12Official

@DavidLuiz_4 1 min

If Mikel makes another comment on Sideshows hair he needs to be taken out at dawn. The mans hair is classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    any news on Oscars proposed move?
    Also whats the story with Hulk are they not interested in him?

Just have to wait for Oscar and its all gone hush hush regarding Hulk lately, could mean any deal is dead in the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Good article on Oscar Describing him as the brains of the brazilian olympic squad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jul/19/london-2012-chelsea-oscar-brazil

Oscar wont join us untill after the olympics. I think the Hulk deal is dead at the moment, Chelsea wont be held to rensome over the valuation.

Good to see Thorgan join us too. According to Eden Thorgan is a better footballer :eek:

Any one else only get to see our match with seattle last night?
    Was amazed with their staduim BTW
    We played terrible but was interesting to see some players. I taught McEachran had a good game but was out of position at times. Hazard played well when on the ball and was impressed with Marin.
    Lukaku is a beast, if he goes on loan and gets regular starts he could be brilliant for us.

I still think its time to move on Essien and Yossi. We will have Ramires to take Essiens place as well as Oriol. Plus we will sign Oscar to take Yossi's place.

• Advertisement

The most likely players to leave for good are Yossi and Malouda, although ya cant rule out Essien and Turnbull either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

For the life of me I cant copy photos to here but there are two cool ones in here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176384/Will-Ferrell-Zack-Galifianakis-meet-Chelsea-players.html

For the life of me I cant copy photos to here but there are two cool ones in here

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176384/Will-Ferrell-Zack-Galifianakis-meet-Chelsea-players.html

Right Click....Copy

Open post.....Paste

article-0-1423745A000005DC-922_634x418.jpg

article-0-142374FF000005DC-348_634x454.jpg

article-0-142374F1000005DC-112_634x405.jpg

article-0-14237475000005DC-506_634x439.jpg

Turnbull is HUGE!!!!!!!! :eek:

Still piss poor though :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.