Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

gavredking wrote: »
    kev1.3s wrote: »
    Spurs are playing Wednesday night as well so we will be hoping for a result at Bolton as well.

I just seen that actually, but we're playing 15 minutes before them so 4th is ours for a small while if we win. :p

Spurs have not been play as well as they were earlier in the season, the results and perforamcnes have dried up a bit of late but you'd expect them to do the business at Bolton.

On the other hand, this is Bolton's game in hand and 3 points here could put them out of the relegation zone.
    I reckon they Bolton is our last chance saloon for spurs to drop points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Who are they playing in their other games?

Who are they playing in their other games?
    Aston villa and Fulham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Anyone else find it interesting that marin spoke with di matteo before signing for chelsea. I would have thought that robbie would have absolutely nothing to do with signing players for next season.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

We should know a lot more this time next week. If we've got the FA cup then Robbie should be looking more a shoe-in for next season.

Still could end the season empty-handed though.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    Anyone else find it interesting that marin spoke with di matteo before signing for chelsea. I would have thought that robbie would have absolutely nothing to do with signing players for next season.:confused:

• Advertisement

Aston villa and Fulham

Villa may yet need points but they're fairly shite at the moment.

Fulham are unpredictable, they can beat anyone on their day or their just as likely to get stuffed.

Weird one alright. You could assume it was down to RDM being kept on at the very least on a coaching role if he was to be replaced, if he wanted to is another matter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Can't believe the Chelsea/Newcastle isn't on tele, surely it would be more entertaining than Spurs/Bolton?

Any word on what Jersey we'll wear for both finals? Usually teams wear their new jersey for the last few games, I hope we at least wear the new one for the CL final

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Being linked with Redknapp atm.

Dear god I couldn't think of anything worse.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Can't believe the Chelsea/Newcastle isn't on tele, surely it would be more entertaining than Spurs/Bolton?

Any word on what Jersey we'll wear for both finals? Usually teams wear their new jersey for the last few games, I hope we at least wear the new one for the CL final

Ya I was hoping we'd be on ESPN at least but the QPR game on Sunday was our T.V. slot for this weekend. :(

The jersey is released to the public i think the same weekend as the Blackburn game so hopefully we'llwear it against Liverpool but for the Blackburn and Bayern games we'll definitely be wearing it.
    Lukker- wrote: »

Edit : Ya, I dont think i could bare Harry's face in our home dug out.

TBH I dont think we'll ever see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Oh dear God anyone but Harry :eek:

Harry himself prob phoned his media buddies to get the story out there to see if he could get the job since woy is looking like the new England boss. Harry & big Sam (when he was free) are both like that, any decent managers position opens and both of them are in the media being linked with the jobs, most of the time its just pygmy fairy tales!

I really hope this story is the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That has to be a joke - that's got to be the worst rumour of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

greendom wrote: »
    That has to be a joke - that's got to be the worst rumour of the year.

It's not the first time, we had the same rumour last summer before AVB was signed. Stuff of nightmares, can't stand the head of the man.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Jesus no way , that surely could not happen :mad:

Actually , no there is not a chance of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

It's not the first time, we had the same rumour last summer before AVB was signed. Stuff of nightmares, can't stand the head of the man.

Lampard and terry would probably like him appointed as he is Lampards uncle and bound to keep him and he could hold the fort til Terry gets to take over as it would seem like something Terry would like to do.
    All speculation though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

As orrible Harry is i think he is a fine manager but we have to give Di Matteo a chance after the wins he pulled off!

We are linked again with Fellaini one player i would love to see in a CFC shirt! Dont think it would happen but he is a great player to have, can play all over the ptich and also young.

Could be a good replacement for Essien and also he is Belgian..Lukaku De Bruyne......Hazard???

what a day wrote: »
    As orrible Harry is i think he is a fine manager but we have to give Di Matteo a chance after the wins he pulled off!

We are linked again with Fellaini one player i would love to see in a CFC shirt! Dont think it would happen but he is a great player to have, can play all over the ptich and also young.

Could be a good replacement for Essien and also he is Belgian..Lukaku De Bruyne......Hazard???

He cost Everton big money and is on about £70k, Everton would probably want upwards of £25 Million for him and his wage demands could easily run close to £100K.

That been said I reckon he'd be a good player to have depending on the price.

Cahill and Luiz are missing tomorrow night.
    Not too much of a surprise.

Marin on RDM for those who havent seen it.

: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9238355/Chelseas-new-signing-Marko-Marin-says-playing-under-Roberto-Di-Matteo-would-be-the-perfect-fit.html

New Chelsea signing Marko Marin believes the London club is "the perfect fit" for him and hopes the man who recruited him, Roberto Di Matteo, is still the man in charge when he arrives.

The 23 year-old Germany international has agreed to move to the Champions League finalists this summer from Werder Bremen, although there remains uncertainty over who his boss will be, with Di Matteo currently working as manager on an interim basis until the end of the season.

Marin told German football magazine Kicker: "It fits perfectly for me, otherwise I would not have sought this move. Above all, Chelsea's play is based a lot on wide men.

"I had good talks with Di Matteo and I hope he stays."

Marin discussed moving to Chelsea with Bremen team-mate Claudio Pizarro, but does not believe the Peruvian's failure to fully adapt to the Premier League should have any bearing on how he fares at Stamford Bridge.

"I have done my research (by speaking to Pizarro) but I'm not afraid, it's the perfect step for me," he added.

Marin made his Germany debut in 2008 and was part of their 2010 World Cup squad.

However, he has spent much of this season on the sidelines due to injury and is not assured of a place in Joachim Low's squad for Euro 2012

amiable wrote: »
    Cahill and Luiz are missing tomorrow night.
    Not too much of a surprise.

Luiz should be back for the FA Cup Final but with Ivanovic and JT fit, for the time being, we dont really have to rush Luiz back for the moment.

It is really important that we have both Cahill and Luiz back for Bayern though, if we're missing both f them we're going to be up a creek without a paddle.

Have Chelsea not sold out their allocation for Saturday yet?

• Advertisement

There was an extra 1000 tickets went on sale this morning, but I dont know where they came from.

I pressume we have sold our allocation, I'll check online.

Edit : All I can see is the tickets that went on sale this morning to ST holders, AFAIK we had sold out our allocation prior to these extra tickets coming in.

Did liverpool get extra tickets?

There was an extra 1000 tickets went on sale this morning, but I dont know where they came from.

Liverpool got extra tickets at the weekend too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

If Fellaini is on 70k per week im sure he would be happy with 10k per week extra and champions league football (if we beat bayern).
    Plus dont forget we will be hopefully moving on the dead wood like Malouda so wadges wont really be a factor as it should all balance out.

papers reporting today that both Cahill and Luiz sould be fit for CL final

Chelsea have been handed a major boost with the news that David Luiz and Gary Cahill will be fit to play in the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich.

It was feared the defenders could miss out on the final on May 19 in Munich having sustained hamstring injuries in recent weeks.
    Luiz limped off during the FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham and Cahill sustained his setback at Barcelona last Tuesday.
    Both players were training away from the main group today but were looking sharp as they went through some running exercises and Luiz is now believed to be in contention to make his return against Liverpool in the FA Cup Final on Saturday.
    Their presence against Bayern is crucial as Chelsea are already without captain John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic through suspension.
    Coach Roberto di Matteo confirmed both players won’t be ready to face Newcastle tomorrow but is confident they will be back sooner rather than later.
    He said: “I need to check their progress on a daily basis but tomorrow is too early for them. However, they are progressing well. It is impossible for me to give a comeback date but hopefully they will be ready before the Champions League Final.”
    Chelsea take on Newcastle in the knowledge that a win will see them move above their rivals in the race for the top four. Even if Alan Pardew’s side end up beating Chelsea to qualify for the Champions League via the Premier League, the Blues can knock them out if they beat Bayern in this season’s final. Di Matteo insists he won’t feel any guilt if Newcastle miss out.

Liverpool got extra tickets at the weekend too

Dont know where the extra tickets came from so. :confused:

Maybe some Club Wembley members or corporate sponsors have handed back tickets.

Edit : All I can see is the tickets that went on sale this morning to ST holders, AFAIK we had sold out our allocation prior to these extra tickets coming in.

Did liverpool get extra tickets?

The reason I ask is that a mate of mine in London(chelsea fan) just text saying they haven't sold their allocation yet.
    I'd find that strange. He must be at the gin already :)

what a day wrote: »
    If Fellaini is on 70k per week im sure he would be happy with 10k per week extra and champions league football (if we beat bayern).
    Plus dont forget we will be hopefully moving on the dead wood like Malouda so wadges wont really be a factor as it should all balance out.

papers reporting today that both Cahill and Luiz sould be fit for CL final

Chelsea have been handed a major boost with the news that David Luiz and Gary Cahill will be fit to play in the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich.

It was feared the defenders could miss out on the final on May 19 in Munich having sustained hamstring injuries in recent weeks.
    Luiz limped off during the FA Cup semi-final against Tottenham and Cahill sustained his setback at Barcelona last Tuesday.
    Both players were training away from the main group today but were looking sharp as they went through some running exercises and Luiz is now believed to be in contention to make his return against Liverpool in the FA Cup Final on Saturday.
    Their presence against Bayern is crucial as Chelsea are already without captain John Terry and Branislav Ivanovic through suspension.
    Coach Roberto di Matteo confirmed both players won’t be ready to face Newcastle tomorrow but is confident they will be back sooner rather than later.
    He said: “I need to check their progress on a daily basis but tomorrow is too early for them. However, they are progressing well. It is impossible for me to give a comeback date but hopefully they will be ready before the Champions League Final.”
    Chelsea take on Newcastle in the knowledge that a win will see them move above their rivals in the race for the top four. Even if Alan Pardew’s side end up beating Chelsea to qualify for the Champions League via the Premier League, the Blues can knock them out if they beat Bayern in this season’s final. Di Matteo insists he won’t feel any guilt if Newcastle miss out.

Very important. Hopefully Luiz is back for the FA Cup final, a good tough game against someone like Suarez will go along way to prepare him for the test of facing Gomez.

A back line of Ivan Luiz JT Cole would be an excellent back line to play Liverpool.

If theres any doubt about Luiz though I wouldnt risk him and keep him for the UCL Final.

Dont know where the extra tickets came from so. :confused:

Maybe some Club Wembley members or corporate sponsors have handed back tickets.

Every league club gets an allocation as far as I know and generally they send back most of the tickets for fans of the teams playing.
    That's where they came from I'd guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2756184,00.html

"Didier Drogba will be at the Stamford Bridge Megastore next Thursday, May 10, signing the new 2012/13 adidas Chelsea shirt the day it goes on sale."

hmmmm. Hopefully we can read more into this :) (unless he's signing "bye bye, Didier" )

The reason I ask is that a mate of mine in London(chelsea fan) just text saying they haven't sold their allocation yet.
    I'd find that strange. He must be at the gin already :)

They might not have.

I can just see from the website theres extra ones available to ST holders.

I thought we had sold out. The UCL could be a factor as well, being only 2 weeks after the FA Cup Final a lot of the ST'ers might be waying up the optiion of getting to Germany instead of the FA Cup.

I know which one I'd be going to if I was made to choose.

• Advertisement

growler wrote: »
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2756184,00.html

"Didier Drogba will be at the Stamford Bridge Megastore next Thursday, May 10, signing the new 2012/13 adidas Chelsea shirt the day it goes on sale."

hmmmm. Hopefully we can read more into this :) (unless he's signing "bye bye, Didier" )

Balls, I'm not flying to London until the Friday for the Balckburn game. :(

I'll definietly pick up the new jersey when I'm over there.

Long Sleeve, I may get Mata 10 on the back, undecided at the moment. :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

BTinted MilliLeaks ‏ @MilliLeaks_ Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    Bayern looking to off load Arjen Robben. Giving the West London giants first refusal. More news as and when. How'd like them apples, folks?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

More tickets being made available to members tomorrow...

Any chance anyone has an account I could use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Liverpool can afford to rest players tonight ahead of the cup final:(

BREAKING TEAM NEWS - Liverpool v Fulham (1945 BST)
    Liverpool make nine changes from the team that beat Norwich with Andy Carroll back up front and Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard out of the squad.

Hope it backfires on them! (tonight and on the day!)

I think Robben would only be good at the right price

Yip it'll likely be a liverpool reserve team! On the robben matter do we really want / need him? I think he is far far too injury prone and would spend more time on the physio bench than on the pitch, but he would be a better option than malouda thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Yip it'll likely be a liverpool reserve team! On the robben matter do we really want / need him? I think he is far far too injury prone and would spend more time on the physio bench than on the pitch, but he would be a better option than malouda thats for sure.
    Robben? Been there done that.

He's a really good player but I don't think we can't build a style of play around him. I doubt he's going to get any better on the injuries front in the next couple of years.

Also, would it really be prudent to import a prima donna into the dressing-room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Bayern looking to off load Arjen Robben. Giving the West London giants first refusal.
    If we're even vaguely interested (which I think we shouldn't be), don't even think about it until after the UCL final. Anyway, I can't help thinking the whole affair is a bit of Bayern gamesmanship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Membership for next season opened today if anybody's interested.

BREAKING TEAM NEWS - Liverpool v Fulham (1945 BST)
    Liverpool make nine changes from the team that beat Norwich with Andy Carroll back up front and Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard out of the squad.

Hope it backfires on them! (tonight and on the day!)

Looks like it backfired for the scousers although I think I'd rather Fulham be a little hungry for a victory against spurs on the final day.

blue-army wrote: »
    More tickets being made available to members tomorrow...

Any chance anyone has an account I could use?

If you want to use my account ill PM ya details 2mw morning.

Masked Man wrote: »
    Membership for next season opened today if anybody's interested.

Got to renew mine soon so. Cant wait for next season and a few games that hopefully a few of us can go over. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Got to renew mine soon so. Cant wait for next season and a few games that hopefully a few of us can go over. :pac:

Yeah think I might join this year. There's close to zero chance that I actually go to a game but the digital package get you Chelsea TV for £30. I don't why its so cheap. basic ticket access costs £25 and for this season CTV cost £40 iirc. Should get to see everything next year with video on demand and who knows I might get to go to a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Hi, can anyone recommend a good Chelsea FC Podcast ?

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

apparently chelsea have recalled ulises davila according to this article. didnt seem to be getting a game at all. I've been keeping up with the loan reports and he never even made the bench for vitesse. Hopefully he'll get called up to the mexican Olympic Squad so he can show a few people if he's capable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

We may win the final now so. Pretty poor stuff tonight.

You cant really legislate for two wonder stikes , but we were non existent in the middle of the park and had no spark , Torres had a good game and was about the only player worth a mention for the blues tonight .

Other than the two wonder strikes , Cech was not busy , Krul could of had the night off !

Well thats our 57th game of the season over and done with now !

Well this cements my views even further that Malouda and Raul M are no where good enough to be playing in this team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Oh well - have to do it the hard way.

Its been that kind of season anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Going to take one big positive from tonight. It's possible that malouda will never play (in a match that matters at least) for Chelsea again.

Horrible stuff from Chelsea tonight. That's 4th gone now anyway, at least it leaves us to concentrate on the 2 cup finals to make this season a success.

The only thing about that is the huge pressure that will be heaped on the team going into the UCL final knowing that if we lose we don't get CL football next season, which would be a disaster IMO.

Credit Newcastle tonight all the same, we were bad but they did play well, any time you lose to them 2 goals scored by Cisse tonight is no bad night, not much could be done about either goal...

Onwards and upwards :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement