Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lads this on telle anywhere ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Anyone seen the lineup yet?

Looking forward to the game myself, but has anyone else been like me and had their sound about 2 seconds ahead of the picture on Chelsea TV all day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Soby wrote: »
    Lads this on telle anywhere ?

Its on Chelsea TV and repeated tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

PSG-Chelsea-Compo : Douchez,Sakho,Alex,Jallet,Armand,Bodmer,Chantome,Pastore,Nene,Lavezzi,Gameiro.

and apparently = Cech; Ferreira, David Luiz, Cahill, Ivanovic; Lampard, Obi Mikel; Marin, Hazard, Ramires; Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PSG-Chelsea-Compo : Douchez,Sakho,Alex,Jallet,Armand,Bodmer,Chantome,Pastore,Nene,Lavezzi,Gameiro.

and apparently = Cech; Ferreira, David Luiz, Cahill, Ivanovic; Lampard, Obi Mikel; Marin, Hazard, Ramires; Lukaku.

Lezzezi, Hazard and Marin on show, excellent :D

• Advertisement

Cech: Ferreira, David Luiz, Cahill, Ivanovic; Lampard, Obi Mikel; Marin, Hazard, Ramires; Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Ferreira :( give Chaboloah the chance!

Kind of think its a waste giving Paulo game time - surely we good play one of the kids?

And ramires on the right again?

Kind of think its a waste giving Paulo game time - surely we good play one of the kids?

And ramires on the right again?

Better Ramires than Yossi :D

Apparently the line up is actually

Cech, Hutch, Luiz, Cahill, Paulo, Lamps, Mikel, Kakuta, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku.

• Advertisement

Apparently the line up is actually

Cech, Hutch, Luiz, Cahill, Paulo, Lamps, Mikel, Kakuta, Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku.

That's more exciting get to see Kakuta and De Bruyne except Paulo still finds himself in there!

PM a good stream please.

Theres streams out there, are we allowed to put them up?

Theres streams out there, are we allowed to put them up?

dont think so,cant find any that work

got one

has it kicked off, or are they still in the studio?

Teams just walking out now.

Ive a german one, if someone has a english one/chelsea tv one they could PM me that be great :D

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    has it kicked off, or are they still in the studio?

just walking out onto the pitch

The commentator said Hazard was great on his debut, anyone see it? How'd he do?

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Ive a german one, if someone has a english one/chelsea tv one they could PM me that be great :D

pm sent, good quality as well

Dive :P , still looks to be same sh!t different day at the back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

130200912573.jpg

Hazard is such a class little player, he's going to be a big player for us alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Yurt

Can someone PM a stream :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Very poor so far from us :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

De bruyne and kakuta have been poor in the wide areas for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Essiens been solid

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

good goal!

Get innnnn!Piazon nice goal :D

Aquila wrote: »
    What can you take from that result lads?

At least we didn't lose.I'd be reasonably happy with it,it's only our second game and we're all at different stages,we're probably in a period of heavy training at the moment anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Am I the only one that thinks Luiz is a walking disaster? He gives the ball away and constantly looks overly casual with everything he does. Worse still, he wanders into positions where, when he gets dispossessed, he leaves the defense completely exposed. Dont get me wrong, I love the guy, but he'll cost us points this season if he doesnt learn.

On a positive note, Essien was great - hopefully returning to somewhere close to his former self. Really like the pace Marin can bring to the team too. I wish Josh would be more confident on the ball, we all know what he can do but he rarely does anything other than simple short passes. Delighted for Piazon, although I fear he wont even get a look in with all the new signings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

kessler182 wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thinks Luiz is a walking disaster? He gives the ball away and constantly looks overly casual with everything he does. Worse still, he wanders into positions where, when he gets dispossessed, he leaves the defense completely exposed. Dont get me wrong, I love the guy, but he'll cost us points this season if he doesnt learn.

On a positive note, Essien was great - hopefully returning to somewhere close to his former self. Really like the pace Marin can bring to the team too. I wish Josh would be more confident on the ball, we all know what he can do but he rarely does anything other than simple short passes. Delighted for Piazon, although I fear he wont even get a look in with all the new signings.

Luiz hasnt had a bad game since the Napoli away game when a silly ball let in Lavezzi for the 3rd goal. For weeks before it and every game since hes been very good at the back. Hes still our best CB and playing a friendly game where the result isnt important I wouldnt take notice of mistakes.

Once all players get the job done when the season starts thats all that will matter.

Good round up of the match.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9419636/Chelsea-1-PSG-1-John-Terry-makes-first-appearance-since-being-cleared-of-racially-abusing-Anton-Ferdinand.html
    The encounter took place at the Yankee Stadium, the home of the New York Yankees baseball team, and was the first football match ever to be played in the iconic arena which Di Matteo described as a “work of art”. Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was among the crowd, dominated by the club’s supporters.

Piazon, who came on at half-time as Chelsea laboured with Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku providing further evidence that he is simply not at the required level for the European champions, was even named the official man-of-the-match although that honour should have been awarded to PSG’s fluid midfielder Javier Pastore.

The £37m signing was the only player to fulfil the full 90 minutes and ran the game from start to finish. As much promise as £35m Eden Hazard continued to show, he was eclipsed by the Argentinean who cost PSG an incredible £37m.

PSG are more progressed with their pre-season but Chelsea, experimenting with a 4-4—1-1 formation in which Hazard played behind Lukaku, struggled.

Wingers Kevin De Bruyne and forgotten man Gael Kakuta were anonymous and PSG spurned a host of chances before finally taking the lead as Pastore cleverly beat Gary Cahill only to flick a shot against a post. Nene then side-footed home the rebound.

More in the article linked.

Some Oscar news maybe?

Could be all lies but all signs point to an immenent signing by the Brazilian.

http://zeenews.india.com/sports/football/chelsea-agree-deal-to-sign-oscar-claims-internacional-president_746008.html

The 20-year-old, who is currently in England on Olympics duty with the Selecao and was a standout performer in their 2-0 warm-up victory over Team GB, claimed on Friday that he had undergone a medical at Stamford Bridge but would delay any decision on his future until after the conclusion of the Games.

However, it now appears that confirmation of a switch is imminent with Luigi claiming that a verbal agreement has been finalised between the two clubs.

"There is a verbal agreement between the two parties. But we have to put that on paper and the lawyer of both clubs have to discuss the matter," the official told Radio Guiaba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

didn't see the game but for the lads who saw it was Lukaku that bad?

didn't see the game but for the lads who saw it was Lukaku that bad?

Watched the first 20-25 minutes and we werent really at the races as a team, usual pre-season though, its all about fitness at this stage and getting back to working on systems and formations.

Worryingly, PSG will be a 3rd or 4th seed draw for this years Champions League group stage, I hope we avoid them at all costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

we mightent have played well last night but just watching the highlights there and seeing the players we have for next season is making me very excited for the season to start!

we mightent have played well last night but just watching the highlights there and seeing the players we have for next season is making me very excited for the season to start!

Its definetly more exciting then it was last year anyway. I hope Mata, Bertrand, Sturridge come back from the Olmypics and arent carrying knocks or are jaded, especially Mata, we have cover for the central attacking midfield position but he still our best option for the position.

I am still not convinced by our defence, Cahill got caught out time and time again and Luis wasnt much better.
    Hope its just pre season rustyness

I am still not convinced by our defence, Cahill got caught out time and time again and Luis wasnt much better.

We still havent replaced Carvalho from a few seasons ago IMO.

Although of all the players around, Luiz is the most likely to do the same job.

I think we are alright in CB but we were poor in the FB areas last night, much better when cole came on but we need a quality RB soon. Lukaku was poor but he had no service in fairness, our wide players were shocking. Kakuta jus isn't good enough I'm afraid.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    I think we are alright in CB but we were poor in the FB areas last night, much better when cole came on but we need a quality RB soon. Lukaku was poor but he had no service in fairness, our wide players were shocking. Kakuta jus isn't good enough I'm afraid.

I actually thought De Bruyne did ok and linked up well with Hazard

But Hazard, OMG, that guy moves the ball fast, can dribble, can shoot.
    Some of his team mates werent expecting some of his passes, but Lamps linked up well with him

Twas great to see all the chelsea support there last night, just goes to show how popular we are around the world now.

Ya, unfortunatly for Kakuta it seems like he hasnt really progressed with us, but he could very easily move away, have 2 good seasons and find his fet at a decent club, a bit like Borini managed to do.
    I actually thought De Bruyne did ok and linked up well with Hazard

But Hazard, OMG, that guy moves the ball fast, can dribble, can shoot.
    Some of his team mates werent expecting some of his passes, but Lamps linked up well with him

Ya, Hazard has been very good, what else do ya expect from the best young talent in Europe? ;)
    Twas great to see all the chelsea support there last night, just goes to show how popular we are around the world now.

The last decade we've managed to drum up a lot of support across the globe that will hopefully lead into families and generations supporting us which is all down to our success which is largely down to Romans wonga.

Good times ahead on all fronts.:D

Some words from Piazon.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Tour_News/0,,10268~2857439,00.html

Speaking afterwards he struggled to contain his delight. 'It was good for me, it was special, to score in my second game,' said the forward. 'The debut in Seattle was special too but this one was even more so I am very happy.

'It was a nice goal, made in Brazil! Rami and me try to do this in training so it was really good to achieve it.'

Piazon has fitted well into first-team surroundings, having trained with the senior players at Cobham, and appears unfazed by the attention that a Chelsea tour brings. He believes having many familiar faces around him has helped.

'It is good to have people around me, friends from Brazil and youngsters from the youth team, so I feel fine and it's a very nice trip for me,' he said.

'On the pitch it is another level, it is really hard but I know that with time when you play and play and play things get better and step by step you grow as a player, so we will see what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Mikel, Marin and Cole stood out for me last night. Piazon was very plucky when he came on and grabbed a fine goal. Hazard was... well hazard, love to know where we are gonna put Marin, Mata, Oscar and hazard into this team. Too much quality to have on a bench.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement