Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Looks like Lukaka is going on loan to Fulham

Not the best source but hey

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/7/23/3177368/chelseas-romelu-lukaku-to-be-loaned-to-fulham

We must be certain of getting someone else in

Is this the end of Lukaka?
    Will Piazon actually get to play more, now we have Marin, Hazard and Oscar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

V9 wrote: »
    Mikel, Marin and Cole stood out for me last night. Piazon was very plucky when he came on and grabbed a fine goal. Hazard was... well hazard, love to know where we are gonna put Marin, Mata, Oscar and hazard into this team. Too much quality to have on a bench.

Hazard wide right
    Mata wide left
    Oscar central
    Marin to play either wide left or right if needed.

:pac:

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2012/7/23/3177368/chelseas-romelu-lukaku-to-be-loaned-to-fulham

We must be certain of getting someone else in

Is this the end of Lukaka?
    Will Piazon actually get to play more, now we have Marin, Hazard and Oscar?

Is it the end of Lukaku, nope not for me, hes a raw talent who might emerge as a starter for us in the next 2 years.

Piazon chances will be very limited, our attacking options behind the striker is bulging at the moment, thank christ.

The Hulk rumours are starting up again

Bookies odds slashed etc

The Hulk rumours are starting up again

Bookies odds slashed etc

If I was to choose one of either Oscar or Hulk I'd take a punt on Oscar even though Hulk would seem more versatile.

Oscar could be the next big thing from Brazil, although they come along every 2 minutes :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If I was to choose one of either Oscar or Hulk I'd take a punt on Oscar even though Hulk would seem more versatile.

Oscar could be the next big thing from Brazil, although they come along every 2 minutes :pac:

i think Oscar is a Lamps replacement

Brasilian Globo now also reporting that Oscar is expected to sign for Chelsea next Friday #CFC http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/noticia/2012/07/oscar-vai-assinar-com-o-chelsea-na-proxima-sexta-feira.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Even if ye don't get someone else in it's better for the player that he goes out on loan. Fulham will stick him up top week in week out no doubt. I dare say you guys have more than enough attacking options at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Just watching our pre season games reminds me of how much we need a right winger. Ramires and yossi are poor in that position and I'd prefer danny to be played up front.

i think Oscar is a Lamps replacement

Brasilian Globo now also reporting that Oscar is expected to sign for Chelsea next Friday #CFC http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/noticia/2012/07/oscar-vai-assinar-com-o-chelsea-na-proxima-sexta-feira.html[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt trust Oscar in CM at this stage of his career anyway. Be the same if we tried Mata/Piazon in there, the players arent up to it at EPL level, not yet anyway and not without games in there.
    Schism wrote: »
    Even if ye don't get someone else in it's better for the player that he goes out on loan. Fulham will stick him up top week in week out no doubt. I dare say you guys have more than enough attacking options at this stage!

If we loan out Lukaku and we have Danny at the Olympics it leaves us with just Torres, if thats the case I cant see us promoting Bamford and we'll go out and sign a CF.

CF at the moment is a position that were fairly light on, unless we play a withdrawn striker like Spain do and try Hazard through the centre.
    MUSEIST wrote: »
    Just watching our pre season games reminds me of how much we need a right winger. Ramires and yossi are poor in that position and I'd prefer danny to be played up front.

I'd say Yossi will be sold and Ramires will only be used if one of Marin/Hazard/Oscar/Mata cant play wide right.

Ramires will hopefully play every game from CM and drive the team forward from there like Essien of old but with more flair and bit more craft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

What are the chances of Piazon getting a loan deal this season?
    He seems to be just too good to spend the season in the reserves or on the bench. I'd imagine he'd be good enough to start for most PL teams?

• Advertisement

blue-army wrote: »
    He seems to be just too good to spend the season in the reserves or on the bench. I'd imagine he'd be good enough to start for most PL teams?

Not many EPL teams will want to take a chance on an unproven young Brazilain I'd imagine.

Cant see him walking into any EPL team at the moment either, he hasnt done enough to warrant it, granted hes had some great dispalys for the reserves the last few months but unless we play him I dont think he'll get much game time in the EPL, could go away on loan across Europe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

blue-army wrote: »

He is quoted previously as saying he does not want to go on loan he believes he can play for us and wants to fight for a place.

He is quoted previously as saying he does not want to go on loan he believes he can play for us and wants to fight for a place.

Good attitude to have, showing hes willing to work and earn a palce is better then coming out complaining if your chances are limited.

Marin/De Bruyne/Lukaku/Piazon/Josh MaC will hopefully be kept and played with us but I'd find it hard to fit them all into the team at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

If we loan out Lukaku and we have Danny at the Olympics it leaves us with just Torres, if thats the case I cant see us promoting Bamford and we'll go out and sign a CF.

CF at the moment is a position that were fairly light on, unless we play a withdrawn striker like Spain do and try Hazard through the centre.

Fair enough, Torres won't lead the line like Drogba did so it's not as much an option to have a sole striker. I was getting at the fact that ye're brimming in midfield with some quality attacking players such as Hazard / Mata either of which would most certainly step up and deliver.

In all likelyhood though an additional striker would be looked at.

Fair enough, Torres won't lead the line like Drogba did so it's not as much an option to have a sole striker. I was getting at the fact that ye're brimming in midfield with some quality attacking players such as Hazard / Mata either of which would most certainly step up and deliver.

Its a change in how the team plays, not so much the high line but more technically proficent players like Hazard/Marin/Mata/Oscar to supplement a change from the bulldozing of Drogba to the runs behind and into channels by Sturridge and Torres.

I'm delighted on one hand that Drogba is gone as we will hopefully not be relying to much of a long ball game, we certainly now have the options to keep the ball more and play around with more in the attacking 3rd then we have in previous years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

I suspect after Spains Euro win we'll see a much more technical EPL this year.

LIverpool already adapting to a more technical style and with AVB in at Spurs and ourselves changing the way we play it should make for an interesting season.
    Its a change in how the team plays, not so much the high line but more technically proficent players like Hazard/Marin/Mata/Oscar to supplement a change from the bulldozing of Drogba to the runs behind and into channels by Sturridge and Torres.

I'm delighted on one hand that Drogba is gone as we will hopefully not be relying to much of a long ball game, we certainly now have the options to keep the ball more and play around with more in the attacking 3rd then we have in previous years.

• Advertisement

Well, its obvious we have been looking at this

Hence the Schurrie\Hulk\Moses\Cavani etc etc bids
    But we are looking mainly attacking midfielders who can play on the wing and also double as strikers!
    Cavani is the exception as he is more of a out and out striker

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cavani isn't the exception. He is well capable of playing RW/RWF, as he has shown with the national team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

-Ade- wrote: »
    Cavani isn't the exception. He is well capable of playing RW/RWF, as he has shown with the national team.

Was just about to post the same. Well capable of playing on the right in a front 3 IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Cavani destroyed Ireland in a friendly whilst playing Rw a few years ago so he's well capable of adapting if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

TheStook wrote: »
    Cavani destroyed Ireland in a friendly whilst playing Rw a few years ago so he's well capable of adapting if needed.

Worse players than Cavani have destroyed Ireland at the same time.Kilbane was probably the left back.

• Advertisement

Cavani is a RW wouldnt be to bad but id say be expectig to play through the middle like Danny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Worse players than Cavani have destroyed Ireland at the same time.Kilbane was probably the left back.

Not true atall tbh, Irelands defence (Euro's aside) is our strongest point, either way this is off topic, my point is that Cavani can definitely play in other areas and obviously is an excellent striker so he is our best option tbh as not much strikers can play in other positions.
    Whether he wants to is a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Meglamonia wrote: »

Cavani has played very effectively against teams far superior to Ireland in that position also.
    He's a terrific player IMO and I'm personally not sure which position would suit him best if he were to play in the EPL.
    But to say he can't play or he's not option on the right of a front 3 is simply not true IMO.

If Chelsea do sign him they will be getting an excellent talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I'm delighted on one hand that Drogba is gone

Take that back!

Take that back!

You quoted that wrong. ;)

I am glad though, as I said on one hand the team can no play to more players strength's then just one individual.

Delighted with Drogbas contribution for the club in his 8 years, theres been some excellent highs and some terrible lows with him but no matter what happens he choose one of his better flashes of genius and invention for the biggest game of them all for us.

Its just better that we moved away from the strength and brute force of Drogbas direct play to the guile, craft and technique including more players like Mata, Hazard, possibily Oscar, Marin, De Bruyne, Torres.

Article on Cech's take on new signings.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9421973/Chelsea-are-assembling-a-young-positive-hungry-motivated-team-according-to-goalkeeper-Petr-Cech.html

“In 2004 when I joined it was pretty similar,” Cech explained. “You had the guys who had been here and had experience, and we were seven or eight new players coming in, completely hungry and ready to show we were worth it.”

Cech arrived after Roman Abramovich acquired Chelsea and was part of a second-wave of huge spending that included Didier Drogba, Arjen Robben, Ricardo Carvalho under the new manager, a certain Jose Mourinho, who then went on to win back-to-back Premier League titles.

This summer Chelsea have already acquired Eden Hazard, for close to £35m, Oscar for £25m (in a deal that is still to be confirmed), Marko Marin for £6.5m and are in the market for a striker, chasing £20m-rated Andre Schurrle and a right-back with the 22-year-old captain of Spain’s Olympic team, Cesar Azpilicueta, who has been told he can leave Marseille, the most likely addition.

Oscar wants to join us an Olmypic Gold Medalist.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/24/3261590/oscar-wants-to-make-dream-chelsea-move-as-gold-medal-winner

"If I go to Chelsea it will be a dream come true. They are one of the greatest teams in Europe. I am confident I will have a good Olympics and, if I go to Chelsea, I will arrive feeling good.

"I am confident in my ability. If I go, I will just keep on doing what I have been doing at Internacional, which is working hard to improve all the time.

"But I am not really even thinking about much, I am just focused on the Olympic games."

Oscar will be wearing Brazil's No.10 shirt, made famous by one of the game's all-time greats, Pele, and the midfielder admits his pride to be emulating a legend.

He added: "I have always worn the No.10 shirt when I played at lower levels and, obviously, my reference point was always Pele and then Ronaldinho.

Zola and Watford are in town tonight to play Cork City, would love the chance to meet Zola.

Zola and Watford are in town tonight to play Cork City, would love the chance to meet Zola.

A little biased I know but the best foreign player ever in the premiership in my opinion, little genius.

A little biased I know but the best foreign player ever in the premiership in my opinion, little genius.

Hes definetly up there with Henry and Ronaldo anyway IMO.

Normally when teams come and play Cork City, they stay in 1 of 2 local hotels so might try and see if anyone has any details to which one their staying at in try get out to it. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Little late on the post here lads but only back on boards this morning.
    I was delighted with one or two of our players in the pre season. Most shocked at how good Marin is and he is exactly what we have been missing for some time now. I watched him years ago but he fell off the radar and disapeared. But so far he seems as good as ever!!

Hazard was brilliant obviously but i was delighted with De Bryune. I take back what i said about him not being quite ready for the starting 11 for us. He done a great job on the left wing IMO against PSG and his work rate was terrific!!

Also delighted with Essien when he came on, he showed he still has some of his power and skill on the ball. just wonder if he can maintain that or will he pick up another injury :(

Piazon played well also and was glad to see him replace Lukaku who didnt offer much TBH. Piazon looks like he has a good future ahead of him and id love to see him go on loan to play regular.

Kakuta was terrible and im afraid he will be sold this summer if we get a taker for him. Hutch done ok IMO but i dont think he will ever be good enough to be our RB. Great to see the lad still involved in the squad and hope he makes a career with us even if he never does make it as a RB full time for us.

On another note im delighted to hear Oscar wants to join us!! What a player. Iv studied the chap since we have been linked with him and he looks a much better buy than Modric. Very simular player, very comfortable on the ball and able to ride tackles retain the ball and pick a pass.

Id love to see Marin start a game on our right hand side and see how long he can last once he is match fit. What a squad we are forming now. If we sign Oscar get a right back and a right forward like Cavani/Hulk/Schurrle
    that can play trough the middle we will have a super squad for years to come!!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!!!! :cool:

p.s Malouda should be let go if not sold this summer!

Fergie admits he would have signed attempted to sign Drogba if he wanted to stay in England, thank god he didnt. :eek:

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2012/07/24/man-united-boss-sir-alex-ferguson-admits-he-was-tempted-to-sign-didier-drogba/

If Drogs wanted to stay in England I don't think ManU could have afforded his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

If Drogs wanted to stay in England I don't think ManU could have afforded his wages.

I think i read some were also that Drogba could not sign for another PL club.....some thing simular to AVBs contract.

I think its just talk from Utd camp because they wont make many signings.

Speaking of clauses in contracts,i read in the telegraph that DiMatteo has a year break in his contract after year one.........hummmm :rolleyes:

Well if he wnated to stay in England and United offered £100K and a another club offers you £250K which one are you going to pick?

Considering you've won everything at club level with Chelsea you can win, apart from the Europa League, but thats only for shite teams anyway.

I read the Di Matteo thing before, it means Chelsea can call time on his contract after a year basically, so he either does the business or he doesnt.

Its a good tactic on ine hand, he signed a short contract and can be axed if we finish poorly in the league and win no cups but it could also easily make a manager very nervous and less likely to take risk and play youngesters.

Well if he wnated to stay in England and United offered £100K and a another club offers you £250K which one are you going to pick?

Considering you've won everything at club level with Chelsea you can win, apart from the Europa League, but thats only for shite teams anyway.

I read the Di Matteo thing before, it means Chelsea can call time on his contract after a year basically, so he either does the business or he doesnt.

Its a good tactic on ine hand, he signed a short contract and can be axed if we finish poorly in the league and win no cups but it could also easily make a manager very nervous and less likely to take risk and play youngesters.

:pac: Di Matteo has no choice but to play youth now!!! Mata Hazard Marin Oscar etc

This break in his contract just proves it for me. I think we have Pep lined up to take over next season. well thats what Roman is expecting any way and i think the job is there for Pep to turn down.

I agree Gav it could work against DiMatteo but it could also go the other way and push DiMatteo to take chances that could pay off. I could be a change in formation or a change in tactics during the season and show DiMatteos tactical genuis.

BTW im not saying i want Pep in charge, i actually see the man getting sacked after his first season because he wont win enough. I think if Pep takes over he will need time for his players to settle into the Barca way. This also goes for any club Pep goes to.

what a day wrote: »
    :pac: Di Matteo has no choice but to play youth now!!! Mata Hazard Marin Oscar etc

This break in his contract just proves it for me. I think we have Pep lined up to take over next season. well thats what Roman is expecting any way and i think the job is there for Pep to turn down.

I agree Gav it could work against DiMatteo but it could also go the other way and push DiMatteo to take chances that could pay off. I could be a change in formation or a change in tactics during the season and show DiMatteos tactical genuis.

BTW im not saying i want Pep in charge, i actually see the man getting sacked after his first season because he wont win enough. I think if Pep takes over he will need time for his players to settle into the Barca way. This also goes for any club Pep goes to.

Well if RDM does well and we opush for the league as well as retaining the FA cup and have a decent run in the UCL then it would be a good start for RDM's first full season, if we bomb out of the cups and UCL and have another poor showing in the league he'll be out on his arse.

Pep is one of the only candidates that will be entertained by Roman and the board. He'll alos get as much time as he wants to turn around the club given Roman's obsession with the man. If Pep does come in and can take a few of Barca's coaches he'll be setup well.

Also take Gerard Deulofeu and we'll be laughing. ;)

If Romas loves Chelsea he should just give Pep the job along with his cheque book and let him run the whole club :pac:

I think your right though, if Pep could bring in some of his coaches he could start a revolution with us but i just cant see Roman giving any one time to adapt.

Having said that if any one ANY ONE in the world has a chance of getting time to adapt it would have to be Pep especially now that we have a Champions League under our belt.

• Advertisement

Torres has joined up with the Tour squad now.
    I expect RDM to play a "best" team and lets see if the new players can supply the sort of ball that will get Torres scoring!

Oscar deal is expected to be wrapped up on this Friday

If Romas loves Chelsea he should just give Pep the job along with his cheque book and let him run the whole club :pac:

I think your right though, if Pep could bring in some of his coaches he could start a revolution with us but i just cant see Roman giving any one time to adapt.

Having said that if any one ANY ONE in the world has a chance of getting time to adapt it would have to be Pep especially now that we have a Champions League under our belt.

If he sacked RDM after winning an FA cup and UCL double then it would have really divided the dressing room, to the point where you could easily have got players wanting to leave.

You can imagine some fo the players would want to work with one of the best coaches in the world but also they would feel loyality to the guy who brought them success.

I'm just excited for the upcoming season to see how we get on.

Torres has joined up with the Tour squad now.
    I expect RDM to play a "best" team and lets see if the new players can supply the sort of ball that will get Torres scoring!

Oscar deal is expected to be wrapped up on this Friday

I'd be surprised if Torres scored after having an extended break, hopefully he can as even now your going to get journos watching his every move in a friendly, saying that, even if he gets a couple of goals in the next 2 friendlies, it doesnt mean hes goin gto get 20+ goals for us this season but I'm willing to wager he will do the business. ;)

Hopefully we get the Oscar deal done ASAP, perfect business so far in the market. :)

Hazard & Oscar > Kagawa & Moura :p;)

If he sacked RDM after winning an FA cup and UCL double then it would have really divided the dressing room, to the point where you could easily have got players wanting to leave.

You can imagine some fo the players would want to work with one of the best coaches in the world but also they would feel loyality to the guy who brought them success.

I'm just excited for the upcoming season to see how we get on.

Ball is very much in RDM's court as I see it. Imagine if you will we win back to back Champion Leagues will Roman sack him? Even Pep with the "mighty" Barcelona machine and pretty much everyone in UEFA behind him couldn't do that. Should Robbie do that then I cant see how he could sack him then Pep's sabbatical will be over and he will be off to Munich, Manchester whereever and we will be left in peace.

I really dont want to see Pep at Chelsea even including Messi I dont really want to see anyone or anything to do with Barcelona at Chelsea. Romeu is here now so will support him but I dislike Barcelona (the team great place) with a passion.

Ball is very much in RDM's court as I see it. Imagine if you will we win back to back Champion Leagues will Roman sack him? Even Pep with the "mighty" Barcelona machine and pretty much everyone in UEFA behind him couldn't do that. Should Robbie do that then I cant see how he could sack him then Pep's sabbatical will be over and he will be off to Munich, Manchester whereever and we will be left in peace.

I really dont want to see Pep at Chelsea even including Messi I dont really want to see anyone or anything to do with Barcelona at Chelsea. Romeu is here now so will support him but I dislike Barcelona (the team great place) with a passion.

Touchy point in bold. :p

Theres no way Roman would sack RDM if he won another UCL, hell I'd build a statue outside Stamford Bridge of RDM, the chances of that much luck and good defending and near 100% taking of chances against Napoli, Barca, Bayern wont be repeated by any other team I reckon.

I dont really like Barcelona as a club, never have, goes years back, not just down to their recent success but if the opportunity to take any Barcelona superstar came up I'd snap someones hand off, the only way we'd have a chance of Barcelona players leaving for us if Pep joined and convinced them to join, are you saying you wouldnt take the greatest player on the planet if there was any chance of it happening? :eek:

I offer you a question, who would you want in charge should RDM crash and burn next year and Roman decides to activate the clause in RDM's contract.

Touchy point in bold. :p

Theres no way Roman would sack RDM if he won another UCL, hell I'd build a statue outside Stamford Bridge of RDM, the chances of that much luck and good defending and near 100% taking of chances against Napoli, Barca, Bayern wont be repeated by any other team I reckon.

I dont really like Barcelona as a club, never have, goes years back, not just down to their recent success but if the opportunity to take any Barcelona superstar came up I'd snap someones hand off, the only way we'd have a chance of Barcelona players leaving for us if Pep joined and convinced them to join, are you saying you wouldnt take the greatest player on the planet if there was any chance of it happening? :eek:

I offer you a question, who would you want in charge should RDM crash and burn next year and Roman decides to activate the clause in RDM's contract.

That may sound more than a bit odd but God I really dislike Barcelona (goes back years as well Gav) the team so would prefer to do things without recourse to the great Barca. Cutting off my nose to spite my face - yea you would be forgiven for saying that.

Who would I want in charge next year - well I honestly dont think RDM will crash and burn so hopefully him. But if he does and I could have anyone in the world managing Chelsea well then bring back Jose. Simples.

• Advertisement

That may sound more than a bit odd but God I really dislike Barcelona (goes back years as well Gav) the team so would prefer to do things without recourse to the great Barca. Cutting off my nose to spite my face - yea you would be forgiven for saying that.

Who would I want in charge next year - well I honestly dont think RDM will crash and burn so hopefully him. But if he does and I could have anyone in the world managing Chelsea well then bring back Jose. Simples.

Until Jose wins the UCL with Real he wont go anywhere, and considering Barcelona have a rookie manager in charge next year, Jose can easily captailise and win the league again, but until he brings that UCL trophy to Madrid I just cant see him leaving, hes won a UCL at 2 out of 4 clubs, and 2 trebles at those clubs and I wouldnt back against a Real treble this year.

So RDM to finish 5th and win nothing while Jose and Madrid to win everything and decide he wants to win the UCL with us and come back, job done. :pac:

But.......then Mourhino likes to work with an estbalished squad and at the moment we're a project so he mightnt have no interest at all.

I too have a dislike of Barcelona that goes back years. Iv always favoured Madrid in the Spanish league. The past few years when we have been drawn against Barca in the Champions League has only strengthend my hate for Barca. But credit were credit is due they are the best club to play football that i have ever seen. From the way it is currently run from developing talent to style of play, Barca are a good role model for any club.

Besides if you hate Barca so much, it would be only funny to take their best players and coachs :P

Torres back and ready to go. ;)

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Tour_News/0,,10268~2858534,00.html
    The Euro 2012 Golden Boot winner is the last member of the squad to return to work having been allowed three weeks off following the tournament, and was at the team hotel to meet the squad when they arrived via coach from New York.

Torres joined the group for training at the Novacare Complex, the HQ of the Philadelpha Eagles NFL team, and spent some of the session involved with the group before undertaking some solo work with fitness coach Chris Jones.

0,,10268~11070790,00.jpg

I too have a dislike of Barcelona that goes back years. Iv always favoured Madrid in the Spanish league. The past few years when we have been drawn against Barca in the Champions League has only strengthend my hate for Barca. But credit were credit is due they are the best club to play football that i have ever seen. From the way it is currently run from developing talent to style of play, Barca are a good role model for any club.

Besides if you hate Barca so much, it would be only funny to take their best players and coachs :P

I dont think they are that much of a role model, their purchasing stratagy whereby they let it be known they want a player and then let him agitate until they can get him at a knock down price is not good for any team other than Barca. Are they the best football team hmmm not sure there Milan with Rudi & co were excellent and brilliant all round different era but the Ajax team of the 70's were very very good too, now that could be totally biased because I just detest them of course icon10.gif.

We still have an excellent record against Barcelona in head to head's in recent times.

Chelsea - P12 W4 D5 L3 GF18 GA18

Barcelona - P12 W3 D5 L4 GF18 GA18

Results since 99-00 ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement