Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I know we probably have the best record against them in europe but they are still the best in the world currently and are the best team i have ever seen play football. As im only 30 i have not seen the teams of the 60s and 70s so i cannot compare.

As for them poaching players, ever club does it and im not saying its right but it works for Barca and not many players would turn them down. I understand what you mean but im just being honest with my opinion. I admire them very much, but deep down i still hate them. Love watching them play bar Pedro and Biscuts diving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

what a day wrote: »
    I know we probably have the best record against them in europe but they are still the best in the world currently and are the best team i have ever seen play football. As im only 30 i have not seen the teams of the 60s and 70s so i cannot compare.

As for them poaching players, ever club does it and im not saying its right but it works for Barca and not many players would turn them down. I understand what you mean but im just being honest with my opinion. I admire them very much, but deep down i still hate them. Love watching them play bar Pedro and Biscuts diving.

Fabrigas (? spelling) does a fairly decent line in diving as well, it was him who dived when Drogs looked at him was it not

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We still have an excellent record against Barcelona in head to head's in recent times.

Chelsea - P12 W4 D5 L3 GF18 GA18

Barcelona - P12 W3 D5 L4 GF18 GA18

Results since 99-00 ;)

I knew we had a decent record did not realise it was that good. Still THAT semi final defeat still hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Id still take Busquets at a heart beat, hes easily one of the best DM around, his touch and passing are exceptional and his positioning is second to none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

According to SSN deals for Moses and Oscar could be completed over the next few days. Both those deals are looking like certanties now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Aquila wrote: »
    Will Moses be able for Chelsea's level?has anyone seen him play regularly?

Very wasteful but perhaps he could improve.
    At the moment he is not good enough IMO.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    According to SSN deals for Moses and Oscar could be completed over the next few days. Both those deals are looking like certanties now.

The are quoting the mouthpiece Dave Whelan on Sky.
    I'd say Chelsea are annoyed with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

He would be no more than a squad player anyway.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    He would be no more than a squad player anyway.

I wonder would he be a replacement for Sturridge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

amiable wrote: »

Perhaps 3rd choice striker with the ability to fill in on the wings also. Assuming that Lukaku goes out on loan of course.

Hopefully not, I think Sturridge ia a better player at the moment. If we sell Sturridge we'd struggle to get £10million so replacing him with Moses for similar money would be silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Hopefully not, I think Sturridge ia a better player at the moment. If we sell Sturridge we'd struggle to get £10million so replacing him with Moses for similar money would be silly.

IMO he would be a good buy. He came to the fore near the end of wigans campaign when they started playing some nice football (more attractive to watch than chelsea) and he was arguably their main man. He's a raw 21 year old but should only improve by playing with a better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

we've signed Thorgan Hazard according to Chelsea Youth on twitter
    Chelsea Youth ‏@chelseayouth
    Chelsea have just confirmed the signing of Thorgan Hazard on Blues News.

Sturridge in the last year of his contract so the situation is not exactly the same.
    I see your point though as Sturridge is much further developed than Moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Sturridge in the last year of his contract so the situation is not exactly the same.
    I see your point though as Sturridge is much further developed than Moses.

I think Moses is also in the last year of his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Sturridge in the last year of his contract
    Sell! :pac:

Techless wrote: »
    IMO he would be a good buy. He came to the fore near the end of wigans campaign when they started playing some nice football (more attractive to watch than chelsea) and he was arguably their main man. He's a raw 21 year old but should only improve by playing with a better team.

Id personally rather we not go after him, Whelan is a less then nice character and runs to media spouting figures when it would be more professional to keep it under wraps and get the deal done.

McDave wrote: »
    Sell! :pac:

We could be forced to and at a discount. Id rather get a few million now then lose him for feck all next year.
    Edit : I also understand Man City are due some percentage of a future fee if we do sell.

• Advertisement

PeterTwo wrote: »

I don't think he is. I'm sure someone will clarify it though.
    If he is then 10 million for Moses would be crazy IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

We could be forced to and at a discount. Id rather get a few million now then lose him for feck all next year.
    Edit : I also understand Man City are due some percentage of a future fee if we do sell.
    If we sign another proven forward, what with Torres and Lukaku (if he's actually at the Bridge next season), I don't think there'll be much space for Sturridge. He did get chances last year, but he didn't really convincingly win many people over in what will probably transpire to be a transitional year for Chelsea.

He's had a big chance, and he doesn't seem to have been too willing to learn. I don't think he'll be able to live up to next season's high expectations, especially in the premiership where an intelligent passing game based on skill and awareness will probably be built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

That is fantastic, 2 absolute legends and 2 absolute gentlemen by all accounts. Great, unposed picture.

dooferoaks wrote: »
    That is fantastic, 2 absolute legends and 2 absolute gentlemen by all accounts. Great, unposed picture.

Ya its an excellent picture alright, one of my buddies managed to meet Zola and have a few words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Bit of fighting talk from Torres, he's mad to win a Premier League medal.
    Story

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Bit of fighting talk from Torres, he's mad to win a Premier League medal.
    Story

Hopefully we can do it, we need another one or two leagues in the next few years IMO.

Roman'smoney has brought success that most of us couldnt have dreamt of prior to his arrival but in England we've won 3 league titles in 8 years when it looked like we would sweep all before us.

If we can add another one at the end of the season and be the 2nd most successful EPL team then I'd be delighted as it will take us one clear of Arsenal and makes us Londons most successful club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Moses for €10m is crazy money i think considering he is in his last year of his contract. He will replace Kalou shortly enough as a back up player and should be our next offical signing. Oscar to follow along with Azpilicueta and Cavani will hopfully finish our summer spending spree.

I think we have a long long way to go Gav before we can be the 2nd most sucsseful club in England. But you are right we do need to win a few more PL titles over the next few years!

what a day wrote: »
    Moses for €10m is crazy money i think considering he is in his last year of his contract. He will replace Kalou shortly enough as a back up player and should be our next offical signing. Oscar to follow along with Azpilicueta and Cavani will hopfully finish our summer spending spree.

I think we have a long long way to go Gav before we can be the 2nd most sucsseful club in England. But you are right we do need to win a few more PL titles over the next few years!

One more EPL title and we are the 2nd most successful team in the EPL era.

Take our 3 EPL titles
    1 UCL title
    5 FA cups
    3 League Cups

Thats a fairly impressive haul since '92.

Also a bit on De Bruyne :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2178628/Chelsea-loan-Kevin-Bruyne-Werder-Bremen.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Chelsea’s former Genk winger, signed on a five-and-a-half year deal for £7million in January, admitted earlier this week he was ready to consider a temporary move in his quest for first-team football.

Sportsmail understands that has led to an agreement being struck with Werder Bremen and that he will join them on a season-long loan on his return from Chelsea’s current tour of the United States.

Speaking after playing in the first half of Chelsea’s 1-1 draw with Paris St Germain in New York’s Yankee Stadium, the 21-year old said: ‘For me, it is important to be playing. If that is not going to happen at Chelsea, perhaps it is better to go to another club and get some games.
    ‘I am pleased with how I have adapted so far, and I know I will continue to grow as a player. We will sort something out one way or another after we get back to London.’

A loan might hopefully stand to the young lad, but one would question why we are sending these guys out on loan unless we had other deals in place, like Moses/Cavani etc etc :confused:

I don't think he is. I'm sure someone will clarify it though.
    If he is then 10 million for Moses would be crazy IMO.
    PeterTwo wrote: »

I stand corrected. It seems Moses is in the last year of his contract.
    I thought he had signed a new contract last season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-increase-victor-moses-bid-7976107.html
    Chelsea have lodged a new bid for Wigan striker Victor Moses that could be worth up to £9million.

Wigan have rejected three lower offers, which have also included taking Josh McEachran or Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea.

Moses, 21, has one year left on his contract and is valued at more than £10m by chairman Dave Whelan, who is interested only in a cash deal.

It is understood the two clubs are close to reaching an agreement, with Chelsea prepared to pay £6m up front and another £3m in performance-related add-ons.

Chelsea have bid for a number of attacking players over the summer, including Hulk, Willian, Andre Schurrle and Robert Lewandowski, but Moses appeals to them because of his potential and the fact he will also qualify as a home-grown player for the Champions League.

Thorgan Hazard will join his older brother Eden at Stamford Bridge after Chelsea last night confirmed his signing from Lens.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Football existed before 1992.

• Advertisement

Really? :eek:

Got to go check some of that out so. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'm actually surprised we arent still pushing for Modric. If Madrid do get him for the price they want to apparently pay (£27 Million) and our bid last year of £40 Million was rejected then its fairly funny.

Its clear Modric doesnt want to be at Spurs, he handed in a transfer request last year and he refused to go on pre-season tour to America this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Football existed before 1992.

Arrr, the Arsenal fan speaks!

Wasnt before 1992 the last time you won anything?

List of brothers that have played for Chelsea, seeming as we wrapped up a deal for Thorgan Hazard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9425618/Chelsea-sign-Thorgan-Hazard-from-Lens-to-play-alongside-his-brother-Eden.html

Should he and Eden both play for Roberto Di Matteo's side they will join Ray and Graham Wilkins, Ron and Allan Harris, John and Peter Sillett and Chris and William Ferguson as brothers who have played together in Chelsea's first team.

Meanwhile, Chelsea confirmed three of their young players have gone on loan, with attacking midfielder Ulises Davila joining Spanish second division team Sabadell and striker Milan Lakovic and goalkeeper Matej Delac moving to Guimaraes in the Portuguese top flight

If Eden and Thorgan play together it could be Hazardous for the EPL.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

List of brothers that have played for Chelsea, seeming as we wrapped up a deal for Thorgan Hazard.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9425618/Chelsea-sign-Thorgan-Hazard-from-Lens-to-play-alongside-his-brother-Eden.html

If Eden and Thorgan play together it could be Hazardous for the EPL.

:P

:o

Can't wait for the match tonight makes it better we're on tv instead of having to find a stream.Will Torres play some part?

Hopefulyl he'll get 30-35 mins at the end, dont think he'll start but playing an MLS 11 should mean a slower pace then the PSG game so you never know but I'd doubt RDM will give him the full 90 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

What channel is the match on?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    What channel is the match on?

Chelsea TV :p

If you need some sort of stream like thingy I'd suggest PM'ing somebody. ;)

Any streams lads please do share....via PM that is.

Kev is looking for one, I could be in the market for a reliable one to. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Its live on Setanta Ireland....

I have UPC so i get it without paying :)

thebison wrote: »
    Its live on Setanta Ireland....

I have UPC so i get it without paying :)

Booooo :(

Arrr, the Arsenal fan speaks!

Wasnt before 1992 the last time you won anything?
    I don't know, football started in 2012 for me.

I don't know, football started in 2012 for me.

:D

We've no history anyway so I'm more then happy to agree with ya. Any updae on Wilshire actually??

:D

We've no history anyway so I'm more then happy to agree with ya. Any updae on Wilshire actually??
    Still filming an extended Rocky montage in the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will he be loaned out like Kevin was?

Panthro wrote: »
    Will he be loaned out like Kevin was?

Would you like him to be loaned out?

Still filming an extended Rocky montage in the gym.

If Ramsey can produce some of the form he showed last year ye'll be sorted when Wilshire does come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Oscar deal confirmed, on the Chelsea FC site and all :):):)

Premier League and Champions League champions 2012/13 <3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement