Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

if oscar is loaned out I will be fuking furious. No chance of that happening anyway. Delighted with that signing and delighted that the club is going for young, hungry and technical players.

"A 5ft 10in (1.79m) attacking midfielder who can play wide, he has a reputation for good pass-and-move football, protecting the ball and choosing the right moment to play passes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

amiable wrote: »
    Would you like him to be loaned out?

Nope, think he has the talent to make it in the 1st team but he'll have to adjust to the EPL quickly. Playing in the Olympics will hinder any pre seaso so he may not feature until September at the earliest for us.

I said it earlier letting De Bruyne on loan probably pointed to a player coming in and I'd sag Oscar was that player.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oscar deal confirmed, on the Chelsea FC site and all :):):)

Premier League and Champions League champions 2012/13 <3

You must have a really high opinion of Oscar so :D

Seriously though, Chelsea are assembling some quality players and trying to get the business done early it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Great news re Oscar side is shaping up quite nicely just a RB now if Studge stays and we are done really

Great news re Oscar side is shaping up quite nicely just a RB now if Studge stays and we are done really

I think chelsea will sign another striker yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Nope, think he has the talent to make it in the 1st team but he'll have to adjust to the EPL quickly. Playing in the Olympics will hinder any pre seaso so he may not feature until September at the earliest for us.

I said it earlier letting De Bruyne on loan probably pointed to a player coming in and I'd sag Oscar was that player.

Good call!
    We getting a right back in?!

You must have a really high opinion of Oscar so :D

Seriously though, Chelsea are assembling some quality players and trying to get the business done early it seems.

Id be happy with a push at both titles and maybe a domestic cup. Weve bought well this gear and weve bought for the future, hopefully gone are the days of the 30 year old guy looking for a payday.

Only down side is paying big money but it means we wont have to pay bigger money in 5 years if these guys reach their potential.

The gamble ia big but i think the reward could be bigger.

Panthro wrote: »
    Good call!
    We getting a right back in?!

Theres been nothing concrete as such other then the Spanish guy at OM that I cant spell :o

Im sure we'll strengthen at RB but we have to look at shifting playerd out too, were gathering a bit of deadwood as we speak.

Theres been nothing concrete as such other then the Spanish guy at OM that I cant spell :o

Im sure we'll strengthen at RB but we have to look at shifting playerd out too, were gathering a bit of deadwood as we speak.

Liverpool might have a right back for Chelsea. Decent player and used to play fro Chelsea. He's 27 and and a regular for England. Yours for £25 million :D

I think chelsea will sign another striker yet

It looks like, as ya mentioned, Sturridge and his advisers more so, could edge a move away from Chelsea and if that happens were up a creek without a paddle so hopefully a striker comes in. Not sure if you mentioned Huntelaar but he could be a good cheapish option if we wanted to bring him in.

Certainly cheaper then Cavani/Falcao/Schurlle.

• Advertisement

Liverpool might have a right back for Chelsea. Decent player and used to play fro Chelsea. He's 27 and and a regular for England. Yours for £25 million :D

He turned us down to join ye a few seasons ago. :p

Ye can keep him TBH. ;)

It looks like, as ya mentioned, Sturridge and his advisers more so, could edge a move away from Chelsea and if that happens were up a creek without a paddle so hopefully a striker comes in. Not sure if you mentioned Huntelaar but he could be a good cheapish option if we wanted to bring him in.

Certainly cheaper then Cavani/Falcao/Schurlle.

I'm a fan of Huntelaar. I think he's 29 now though and his release fee is around £17 million. I think he's suited to the EPL.

There looks like firm interest in Victor Moses but I still think Chelsea will sign another striker.

I'm a fan of Huntelaar. I think he's 29 now though and his release fee is around £17 million. I think he's suited to the EPL.

There looks like firm interest in Victor Moses but I still think Chelsea will sign another striker.

Id take Klaas Jan before Moses if im honest. Think he would score in the EPL and hes a very well rounded forward. If RDM could find away of keeping Torres/Huntelaar happy we'd have a good frontline but both would really rather start, especially given their ages and status.

Id take Klaas Jan before Moses if im honest. Think he would score in the EPL and hes a very well rounded forward. If RDM could find away of keeping Torres/Huntelaar happy we'd have a good frontline but both would really rather start, especially given their ages and status.

I probably wasn't clear, I think Moses might be signed as an attacker rather than a striker and a seperate striker may be signed too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I probably wasn't clear, I think Moses might be signed as an attacker rather than a striker and a seperate striker may be signed too

Oh i understood i was just weighting up he potential transfer Moses vs Huntelaar.

Ya never know, as ya mentioned the Moses interest is concrete and we could very well sign him and a striker.

Exciting times none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Unless Sturridge goes a CF has to be behind a rB in terms of priority.

G.K. wrote: »
    Unless Sturridge goes a CF has to be behind a rB in terms of priority.

Who says 2 deals can't be done at once? I'd say a right back is a higher priority over Victor Moses but they still look to be trying to do a deal with Wigan

Id love a good attacking FB, Ivanovic has done well there when needed but hes not good enough to play as FB in the long term, not discounting the effort and what he gives for the shirt but hes just a bit weak at FB at times.

The Maicon rumours a few weeks back seems to have faded in recent times, but hopefully were still looking at RB's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

The game is on ESPN as well as Chelsea TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Id love a good attacking FB, Ivanovic has done well there when needed but hes not good enough to play as FB in the long term, not discounting the effort and what he gives for the shirt but hes just a bit weak at FB at times.

The Maicon rumours a few weeks back seems to have faded in recent times, but hopefully were still looking at RB's.

I think ye need a solid RB actually. Let ye'r flair players win games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Really are going Attacking midfielder crazy at the moment.

A right back and we are sorted imo. Would like to see McEachran get more game time in midfield and Lukaku as third striker behind Torres and Sturridge.

Samich wrote: »

Ideally we want someone like Cole who can both attack and defend but right sided but those players are few and far between.

Ideally we want someone like Cole who can both attack and defend but right sided but those players are few and far between.

Well who wouldn't want someone like that :P

Ye need a good RB or else ye'll just get caught out over the course of the season.

Will Terry still be first choice? Think he'll be a weakness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

They have that in Ivan. They need a consistent open-play threat as an option from that full-back zone. I love Ivanovic but he isn't that.

Cesar Asp[insert name here]cueta strikes me as a great option, seems to be defensively capable too and is young.

I don't like Ivanovic, I'd be happy if he was 1st choice RB ;)

Well who wouldn't want someone like that :P

Ye need a good RB or else ye'll just get caught out over the course of the season.

Will Terry still be first choice? Think he'll be a weakness.

Terry will be 1st choice with Luiz beside him but there maybe games when hes rested for Cahill/Ivanovic.
    G.K. wrote: »
    They have that in Ivan. They need a consistent open-play threat as an option from that full-back zone. I love Ivanovic but he isn't that.

Cesar Asp[insert name here]cueta strikes me as a great option, seems to be defensively capable too and is young.

Thats his name, and I agree, we need someone that can push on from RB and be comfortable doing so, Ivan was only a threat from corners. His distribution and general ability on the ball is very limited to be considered a good FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

So how do you guys feel about immediately having a midweek game in the PL this year? Fair enough it's at home to Reading but it's still a short turnaround this early in the year isn't it?

Especially since you've got Newcastle the following Saturday!

ESPN is free with a Sky Sports subscription

• Advertisement

ESPN is free with a Sky Sports subscription

Gonna record it, work at 8am will be a killer if I stay up.

Schism wrote: »
    So how do you guys feel about immediately having a midweek game in the PL this year? Fair enough it's at home to Reading but it's still a short turnaround this early in the year isn't it?

Especially since you've got Newcastle the following Saturday!

Has to be done. Reading shouldnt be to difficult on paper but ya just never know. With the Club World Championship its gonna cause hassle for the fixtures but hopefully we'll have the depth to deal with it.

Has to be done. Reading shouldnt be to difficult on paper but ya just never know. With the Club World Championship its gonna cause hassle for the fixtures but hopefully we'll have the depth to deal with it.

Ye'll probably be fine but I might still put a few quid on Newcastle getting a draw on the Saturday.

Schism wrote: »
    Ye'll probably be fine but I might still put a few quid on Newcastle getting a draw on the Saturday.

Newcastle are no mugs. They beat us at the Bridge in game we never really turned up amd they were unlucky to lose 3-0 earlier in the season so ya could be onto something.

Why do I always end up talking about gambling in here?! I think I have a problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Can stream the game on Bet365 if you have an account there with money in it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Re Oscar
    Chelsea paid 25 million EUROS and not pounds as often reported.

Good signing, welcome to the Champions!

Re Oscar
    Chelsea paid 25 million EUROS and not pounds as often reported.

Good signing, welcome to the Champions!

Where did you get that from Sgt?
    BBC are saying £25 million sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Gonna record it, work at 8am will be a killer if I stay up.

Pffttt... Lightweight :pac:

Where did you get that from Sgt?
    BBC are saying £25 million sterling

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/25/3186785/oscar-may-not-have-cost-as-much-as-the-english-media-would-lead-you

Paulo[EMAIL="Freitas@Cynegeticus"]Freitas@Cynegeticus[/EMAIL]
    #Internacional have confirmed the transfer of Oscar to #CFC, but the transfer fee is being reported here as 25m Euros, not 25m pounds.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/25/3186785/oscar-may-not-have-cost-as-much-as-the-english-media-would-lead-you

Paulo[EMAIL="Freitas@Cynegeticus"]Freitas@Cynegeticus[/EMAIL]
    #Internacional have confirmed the transfer of Oscar to #CFC, but the transfer fee is being reported here as 25m Euros, not 25m pounds.

I think I'll believe The BBC for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Won't be able to watch the oul game tonight, mad night in work. I'll just read through the teams praises on this thread for the night!

Saw on Twitter the match kicks off at 1.55,thought it was 1.30 can anyone confirm this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Saw on Twitter the match kicks off at 1.55,thought it was 1.30 can anyone confirm this?

It's 1.55

It's 1.55

I dont think the ESPN show is live then, I think they are showing the liverpool match first

Go Torres - should have plenty of ammunition!

I dont think the ESPN show is live then, I think they are showing the liverpool match first

Go Torres - should have plenty of ammunition!

Fcuk why wouldn't it be live?

It will be live the Liverpool game kicks off at 11.30

Meglamonia wrote: »
    It will be live the Liverpool game kicks off at 11.30

Yep, my bad!

Torres not involved.

Torres not involved.

Is he not just back training?

Is he not just back training?

Ye only since yesterday I think, RDM said he wouldn't be involved earlier.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement