Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

GavRedKing wrote: »
    What do we all make of the 3rd kit?

Its a bit different, I like it though.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8a5CMfiNPnlzT4AUI2kjlR49PYqz-xn-A0jBen4kb2NW-D_J9MQ
    Love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Panthro wrote: »
    Love it!

Its different anyway, hope we see it a few times next season, it would be lovely in the UCL with Yellow name print on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

amiable wrote: »
    Fergie has claimed Chelsea paid £6 million in agents fees for Eden Hazard

Via Duncan Castles who interviewed him recently

Agents fee's are ridiculous but I think Fergie has only come out with this as a way of justifying to united fans why they didnt sign him, when the reality is that United dont seem to be attracting the top talent any more

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Agents fee's are ridiculous but I think Fergie has only come out with this as a way of justifying to united fans why they didnt sign him, when the reality is that United dont seem to be attracting the top talent any more

Agreed agents fees are ridiculous but I think this was excessive in the extreme.
    As you eluded to Fergie is probably deflecting attention away from something like he normally does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Utd fan realising they are looking at the wrong brazilian!

http://cantheyscore.com/2012/07/24/we-are-signing-the-wrong-brazilian/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Probably - he's maybe trying to justify an agents fee to the Glazers by pointing at another club paying a lot more to agents than he is and portraying his spending as relatively small.
    Agreed agents fees are ridiculous but I think this was excessive in the extreme.
    As you eluded to Fergie is probably deflecting attention away from something like he normally does.

Fergie has claimed Chelsea paid £6 million in agents fees for Eden Hazard

Via Duncan Castles who interviewed him recently

thats very old news now.
    Theres no proof thats what Chelsea eventually paid.
    He actually said "hazards agent wanted 6 million"
    Now that could have been the first negotation tactic for all we know

Its just the usual convient statement for the rich clubs bashers.

If I were Fergie, I'd be more worried about the state of his team and not having money to get serious players. He was lucky with the Kawaga situation. Utd are deep in debt, cant afford to splash out large sums of money on a single player and even the stock sale has been cancelled (As I predicted)

They wont sign Lucas as they just cant afford him and they know that

Fergie is bargain shopping as has been for years.
    If they owners dont sell, they I can see Utd slipping down when Fergie retires as he, imo, is the sole reason they keep competing

The thing with United is they're still one of the best clubs in the world and are a global brand, alot of talented young players will still want to play for them given their success.

AS Sgt said though, United could struggle when Fergie goes, I know its a long held belief but it will be interesting to see how United do without him at the helm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I would hate to be the next manager of ManU, it will be worse than taking over from Busby. ManU really are better than the sum of their parts and for that you really have to thank Fergie he is quite an amazing manager.

Ok, which utd fan sneaked on and tagged bebe > torres and kawaga > hazard.

Find him people. Find him and destroyyyyyyyyyyyy!

• Advertisement

Ok, which utd fan sneaked on and tagged bebe > torres and kawaga > hazard.

Find him people. Find him and destroyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I could delete it.....but that would be abusing my powers no?

Well one thing we can take comfort in is our 2trophies last year ;)

Found this on twitter:

After Signing Oscar, Gourlay Claimed 4 Players will Be Loaned, 2 will be Sold, and 2 will be Brought In!

I thought that this is just somebody messing aroud but Chelsea twitter account posted this few days ago:

For the 3rd US city running, Ron Gourlay and @graemelesaux14 are answering fans' questions at the team hotel #CFCtour

So could be some truth in that.
    Right back and Hulk\Moses\Cavani?

(daily fail says Cavani's wife was mugged and now she wants to leave - so naturally that is to London!)

also
    http://www.telegraph...-Di-Matteo.html

Use the force Gav, and whats the point of all those powers if you dont use them!

Abusing your powers would be leaving them as they are and continuing to put us all through this living hell, arrrghh!

Loans:
    De Bruyne
    T. Hazard
    Lukaku
    ???

Sell:
    Malouda
    Yossi

Buy:
    Cesar Alper-something or other
    Cavani

Loans:
    De Bruyne
    T. Hazard
    Lukaku
    Josh???

Sell:
    Malouda
    Yossi
    Paulo!

Buy:
    Cesar Alper-something or other

Play:
    Piazon!

Panthro wrote: »
    Play:
    Piazon!

Cavani playing for Uruguay at the moment, 1-1 at half time.

Fergie is bargain shopping as has been for years.
    If they owners dont sell, they I can see Utd slipping down when Fergie retires as he, imo, is the sole reason they keep competing

Even if United appoint Guardiola?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Even if United appoint Guardiola?

especially if they appoint guardiola IMO (unless utd buy messi, xavi, iniesta and buspuets)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
    Reports that Kevin De Bruyne has complained to Di Matteo about playing right wing and having to train with juniors. #cfc

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
    Sport/Foot reveal that Kevin De Bruyne's agent talking to Werder Bremen. Loan could be concluded next week.#cfc

MUSEIST wrote: »
    especially if they appoint guardiola IMO (unless utd buy messi, xavi, iniesta and buspuets)

Who's to say by then United won't unearth another Ronaldo or Messi?
    united still have money to buy the next Xavi or Iniesta and could produce a few more kids themselves.
    Their youth system is quite good compared to a lot of other clubs including Chelsea

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
    Reports that Kevin De Bruyne has complained to Di Matteo about playing right wing and having to train with juniors. #cfc

John Chapman ‏@BelgoFoot
    Sport/Foot reveal that Kevin De Bruyne's agent talking to Werder Bremen. Loan could be concluded next week.#cfc

The first one is interesting if true.

Let's have a look at Oscar....

Channel??

• Advertisement

Just found it on Eurosport.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Also on Eurosport. But I think they switch between the games every now and again.

Hmmmm, Danny or Oscar - who to watch?

Class

Hmmmm, Danny or Oscar - who to watch?

Neymar!! :p

• Advertisement

Class

Good finish dont think the ball was for rafael though ha.

Sturridge hasnt started to well and his baldy head is weird looking. :o

Neymar!! :p

He is class

Bertrand is seeing a lot of the ball

2 assists for Oscar, he has great pace too.

He is class

Bertrand is seeing a lot of the ball

Oscar with a second assist. His run off the ball was veey good. Oscar Hazard Mata.....drool!

2 assists for Oscar, he has great pace too.

He looks pretty sharp, didn't realise he was that quick myself

He looks pretty sharp, didn't realise he was that quick myself

We should def sign him!

I only know him from discovering him on FM this year - gets loads of assists as right winger!
    He's one of the few players that will actually sign for Southampton!
    (being chelsea is to easy and will be even easier next season!)

Anyway enough game talk!

Oscar with a second assist. His run off the ball was veey good. Oscar Hazard Mata.....drool!

Throw Neymar into that and we're laughing :pac:

Throw Neymar into that and we're laughing :pac:

That would be a dream team. Neymar Mata Hazard Oscar Torres.

Will never happen but one can dream.

That would be a dream team. Neymar Mata Hazard Oscar Torres.

Will never happen but one can dream.

The way Chelsea are spending at the moment nothing would surprise me, although I'd be happy enough with just a RB.

• Advertisement

The way Chelsea are spending at the moment nothing would surprise me, although I'd be happy enough with just a RB.

Torres RB Neymar upfront :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Forgot to pop on last night /this morning to say how completely and utterly uninspiring last nights game was ! Actually stayed awake after watching Liverpool nearly bore me to sleep and then we were worse !!!!

Marin did not lift his head when making a run , Lukaku never took on his shot when he had the chance also he aint even a tenth of the players the drog was ,

Essien looked a lot better than last season and was actually mobile , Hazzard was pretty em , dull , Pizzion and KDB did not get long enough , Rambo is still probably running around trying to burn off all the energy he has ,

Lamps was ok , as was Terry , Cole , Brana,

Malouda a headless chicken , Yossi put in a solid shift and always looked to be trying to do something ,

We played a lot of one touch football, seems to me that it will take a good 3-4 months for this side to gel properly , hopefully Utd start slowly again this year ,

That will be all.

Pre season Pete. Not the end of the world :)

Forgot to pop on last night /this morning to say how completely and utterly uninspiring last nights game was ! Actually stayed awake after watching Liverpool nearly bore me to sleep and then we were worse !!!!

Marin did not lift his head when making a run , Lukaku never took on his shot when he had the chance also he aint even a tenth of the players the drog was ,

Essien looked a lot better than last season and was actually mobile , Hazzard was pretty em , dull , Pizzion and KDB did not get long enough , Rambo is still probably running around trying to burn off all the energy he has ,

Malouda a headless chicken , Yossi put in a solid shift and always looked to be trying to do something ,

We played a lot of one touch football, seems to me that it will take a good 3-4 months for this side to gel properly , hopefully Utd start slowly again this year ,

That will be all.
    Problem is though, if Utd start slow its a big hope to think City will also match them.

Sure pre season means f-all its just a glorified open training session. I cant remember Chelsea having a good pre season in a long time either bit a pre season should never be used for evaluting how well a team will do for the coming season.

Im very happy with Oscar, sure he was playing with an excellent Brazil team linig up against an average Egyptian team but the lad certainly has quality.

That will be all.

Errrrrr, I dont think either of the Manchester clubs started slowly last season!

Errrrrr, I dont think either of the Manchester clubs started slowly last season!

City certainly didnt anyway, they flew out of the blocks. :eek:

Small bit on Azpilicueta.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2179678/Cesar-Azpilicueta-leave-Marseille-Chelsea.html
    And Marseille's sporting director Jose Anigo has admitted that £7million-rated Azpilicueta may be sold to raise funds for new signings.

'Everybody has to sell before buying,' he told RTL. 'In effect, it could either be (Stephane) M’Bia and Azpi. But for now, nothing has changed.'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Dont know how reliable they are but the London Evening Standard is reporting that a new contract not offered to Ash yet. Hope they do offer one still the best LB in the world and a few years in him yet.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/no-new-chelsea-deal-offered-to-ashley-cole-7981637.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Dont know how reliable they are but the London Evening Standard is reporting that a new contract not offered to Ash yet. Hope they do offer one still the best LB in the world and a few years in him yet.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/no-new-chelsea-deal-offered-to-ashley-cole-7981637.html

Read that some where too Grumpy. Im sure we will sort out his contract when he returns to London. After all he has to mentor PVA and Bertrand. Id imagine we could easily get another 3 seasons service from Cole before we ship him on or move him to a coaching role, what a player!

• Advertisement

Cole will definetly be offered a new deal, probably a 2 or 3 year extension, dont think his money will change all that much though.

On a future coaching role, Cole doesnt strike me as a guy who would want to stay in football once hes done, ya never know though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement