Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yes females tell me that Ash is rather easy on the eye for them, he seems quite shy but when he does speak he seems quite lucid so perhaps a job with Sky or somesuch when he hangs up the boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Yes females tell me that Ash is rather easy on the eye for them, he seems quite shy but when he does speak he seems quite lucid so perhaps a job with Sky or somesuch when he hangs up the boots.

Easy on the eye but he doesnt garnish the best PR to be fair to poor Ashley.

I'd go out an dlimb and say hes more hated then Neville who has turned around alot of his haters with his current role on Sky, I dont think Ashley would be best suited to be in front of a camera.

Well this new season just ever start already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Lookin well Ash :D

article-1343043027213-142E2814000005DC-93106_466x310.jpg

Really and I do mean really really really good ad from Sky

http://www.chelseadaft.org/2012/07/are-you-watching-white-hart-lane.html

• Advertisement

Only a few weeks until we're starting our season away to Wigan, once its better then last years trip to the JJB I'll be happy. :mad:

Just two weeks from Sunday until the shield of champions game at Villa Park so not too long. Will have to look at my fantasy football team soon.

Just two weeks from Sunday until the shield of champions game at Villa Park so not too long. Will have to look at my fantasy football team soon.

Just go with this team :

Cech
    Luiz Luiz Luiz Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Oscar Hazard Mata
    Torres

Sorted :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just go with this team :

Cech
    Luiz Luiz Luiz Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Oscar Hazard Mata
    Torres

When is the Olympic final on?

amiable wrote: »

Fantasy football teams dont count for the Community Shield, I'm just suggesting using the impossible team for the rest of the season in FF.

Way to kill it. :o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSylcJ7_943H_HDF8CDlbuxyi7B4FTDgDvJaUXSzpMn546H9r0w

• Advertisement

Fantasy football teams dont count for the Community Shield, I'm just suggesting using the impossible team for the rest of the season in FF.

Way to kill it. :o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSylcJ7_943H_HDF8CDlbuxyi7B4FTDgDvJaUXSzpMn546H9r0w

oh-crap-facepalm-work-crap-oops-robin-demotivational-posters-1320985344.jpg

oh-crap-facepalm-work-crap-oops-robin-demotivational-posters-1320985344.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa7WLhyNjkf0e5_99BlLlMItQi7oKYdyY3-mpDeEAi6vd7R1Dy

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa7WLhyNjkf0e5_99BlLlMItQi7oKYdyY3-mpDeEAi6vd7R1Dy

I genuinely LOL'd there :)

I genuinely LOL'd there :)

Light hearted banter on this Friday afternoon is always a good thing. :D

Wouldnt worry about the Olympic final I want to get my hands on Gav's cloning machine.

I'm sure its something Roman has though of investing in at some stage, considering the amount of money hes phissed away on some dud signigns over the years. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

The intronet reporting Martin Jol wants to bring Yossi to fulham as well as a year long loan for Lukaku.

what a day wrote: »
    The intronet reporting Martin Jol wants to bring Yossi to fulham as well as a year long loan for Lukaku.

We'll get F'all for Yossi anyway but a year long loan for Lukaku would be good, they will be looking for someone to come in since Pogrebanyak's departure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

hoping to see another wondergoal like this from crespo in a season opener against wigan!

hazard maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Just go with this team :

Cech
    Luiz Luiz Luiz Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Oscar Hazard Mata
    Torres

If someone had told me we could be playing a team like this

Cech
    Ivan JT Luiz Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Oscar Hazard Mata
    Torres

Then I would have dismissed it as pure fantasy......but.........

ITS ONLY FLIPPING TRUE!!

• Advertisement

I remember it well, I was at a bar in Santa Ponsa (shudders) :o

Some strike from Hernan, heres another video of Hernan, always makes me laugh.

:pac:

John Terry has been charged by the FA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

If someone had told me we could be playing a team like this

Cech
    Ivan JT Luiz Cole
    Ramires Lamps
    Oscar Hazard Mata
    Torres

Then I would have dismissed it as pure fantasy......but.........

ITS ONLY FLIPPING TRUE!!
    At one point it looked like the life was going to drain out of CFC. It's some turnaround alright. Thanks to a bit of luck finally going our way!!!

The question for me is how they will play. We have an array of midfield talent capable of a type of game we're not at all used to. Some of us are wondering how they'll link up with Torres & Co. But we should also be paying attention to how they integrate with our defence.

Terry is slow on his feet. AVB's high line was in one way just an attempt to inculcate a new system at the club. It failed for many reasons. But one was the way defence was focussed around JT and how he couldn't adapt to a different non-JT focussed approach.

The kind of midfield we have (all of a sudden!) will need rapid service. Can JT be at the heart of a defence that provides quick-fire supply to the midfield? Nobody's saying the likes of JT couldn't be deployed at a club like Barca. But can Chelsea marry a blood and guts defence with a dynamic passing midfield?

I, for one, can't wait to see how things pan out. But I do think it's going to take the guts of the next season to integrate the team and work out the players we need to be a really coherent force in 2013-14. We just may have a good start up until the UCL group stages kick in. We'll have to see how some of the new crew adapt to a winter campaign - not what Brazilians particularly like!! And when players pick up knocks.

Prediction?

- Worst placing: Third.
    - Second shouldn't be out of reach. I think MU will go further into decline. Their finances are not the prettiest, and another season without silverware will pile additional pressure on them.
    - MC have their monkey off their back. This season will see how they can manage further progress in the UCL and maintain their premiership push. If Mancini has learned anything from last season, they're still the team to beat. Even though I think the Premiership and the UCL will be RDM's priority, it's asking a lot to overhaul MC this year.

So, Chelsea to finish second, and get a good run in the UCL, with the strong possibility of no silverware, unless second string players can take the strain for us in the FA Cup.

Good points.
    of course it will take some the team to settle in - thinking Oscar here.
    Hazard will play from the start I think and i think he is up for it.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a 25 million player sitting on the bench.
    Its great to have the sort of strength on depth we once had

The good thing about the type of players we are signing now is that they can play in different positions

Oscar started the last game on the right, deep right, and was very effective. He worked well with the right back - picking his time to go forward, so he can be defensively minded
    Hazard and Mata can both play centre or left.
    Marin the same plus on the right

Plus Piazon I think can chip in

My one concern is the striker, Danny is untried in the centre upfront and Torres is torres. Lukaku probably go loan

John Terry has been charged by the FA
    Hard to know what to say to this development. The onus of proof is obviously lower for an FA disciplinary procedure. So they can get a "result".

However, in light of Rio Ferdinand's Twitter intervention, I hardly think it's judicious of the FA to drag up the affair again. It seems to be accepted that Ferd Jnr verbally provoked JT. A chip off the old knack brother's block, eh? As they say in law, you have to seek fairness with clean hands. Probably best to leave well alone at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

AVB takes another thinly veiled swipe at Chelsea. Story
    He could do with building himself a bridge at this stage to be honest.

Panthro wrote: »
    AVB takes another thinly veiled swipe at Chelsea. Story
    He could do with building himself a bridge at this stage to be honest.
    Stop digging Andre Villas Keegan!

Within minutes of RDM's appointment CFC's team spirit clicked straight away (remember the Napoli return leg AVK?), and endured for most of the rest of CFC's rather successful season.

At any rate, pretty shortly AVK won't recognise much of the team Chelsea are in the process of building. CFC have moved on. So should he. If he doesn't he'll end up psyching himself out.

McDave wrote: »
    Hard to know what to say to this development. The onus of proof is obviously lower for an FA disciplinary procedure. So they can get a "result".

However, in light of Rio Ferdinand's Twitter intervention, I hardly think it's judicious of the FA to drag up the affair again. It seems to be accepted that Ferd Jnr verbally provoked JT. A chip off the old knack brother's block, eh? As they say in law, you have to seek fairness with clean hands. Probably best to leave well alone at this stage.

So you are saying Anton Ferdinand deserved it because he started it with the insults about Terry fcuking other peoples wives/partners?

So you are saying Anton Ferdinand deserved it because he started it with the insults about Terry fcuking other peoples wives/partners?
    I don't much appreciate other people telling me what I mean to say amiable. What I said is down in actual words. Say what *you* mean to say if you like.

At any rate, if AF wants to behave like that, he shouldn't really complain when he gets it back. He's a peer among Premiership players. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Or his sad attempt to play the victim card.

• Advertisement

I don't much appreciate other people telling me what I mean to say amiable. What I said is down in actual words. Say what *you* mean to say if you like.

At any rate, if AF wants to behave like a knacker, he shouldn't really complain when he gets it back. He's a peer among Premiership players. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. Or his sad attempt to play the victim card.

Show me where I said what you mean to say.
    I asked a question.
    It seems you have difficulty understanding the English language.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

yep

Show me where I said what you mean to say.
    All you have to do is read your own post. Beyond that, I can't really help you much.

All you have to do is read your own post. Beyond that, I can't really help you much.

So you can't show me because I didn't say it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Would yee guys prefer it if we loaned out Lukaku to a viable club like Fulham and brought in a Cavani/Schurrle like player or we kept Lukaku and didn't spend?

Personally I hope we keep Lukaku and don't spend big bucks on a striker. At least we can always sign a player in January if Torres/Lukaku/Sturridge aren't providing the goods.

I also think/hope Torres will be a completely different demon this season, something tells me he loves playing as the star striker, something he hasn't been at Chelsea and he relished it at Liverpool Imo. We will see but can Lukaku/Sturidge do the job if Torres gets injured is another question.

• Advertisement

TheStook wrote: »
    Would yee guys prefer it if we loaned out Lukaku to a viable club like Fulham and brought in a Cavani/Schurrle like player or we kept Lukaku and didn't spend?

Personally I hope we keep Lukaku and don't spend big bucks on a striker. At least we can always sign a player in January if Torres/Lukaku/Sturridge aren't providing the goods.

I also think/hope Torres will be a completely different demon this season, something tells me he loves playing as the star striker, something he hasn't been at Chelsea and he relished it at Liverpool Imo. We will see but can Lukaku/Sturidge do the job if Torres gets injured is another question.
    There's no point in blowing cash needlessly. There's a strong argument for giving Torres a clean run at the job. But should he get injured, can we rely on Sturridge or Lukaku?

IMO not Sturridge. Lukaku still needs time to prove himself. Does that have to be on loan? Or can we keep him around the squad? Either way, if we can get a proven striker at the right price, we shouldn't rule out a further purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Sorry to be picky here.....but isn't it that you have to come to equity with clean hands....?

Anyway, I'd be quite surprised if it was anything but a guilty verdict and couple of match ban. Better to just get it done and over with to be honest.

abelard wrote: »
    Sorry to be picky here.....but isn't it that you have to come to equity with clean hands....?

Anyway, I'd be quite surprised if it was anything but a guilty verdict and couple of match ban. Better to just get it done and over with to be honest.

I think once he is charged he is more or less guilty and it's up to him to prove otherwise.
    The FA have a conviction rate in the region of 99%.
    A lot of people seem to think he will get a 4 game ban.

abelard wrote: »
    Yep, it's equity - fairness in law. Thought it might be too legalistic a term so I converted it into a more everyday sense.

In all fairness (;)), I think it's a bit much to go after Terry at this stage. Unless they're going to charge both Ferdinands for their behaviours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Is the match on ESPN or anything tonight?

Are we playing tonight ya? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

AC AFAIK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Yeah I think it's AC tonight.

Edit:
    According to the CFC website, kick off is 23.30 tonight.

Streams so i guess later. :)

Prosneik on AC's bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

bit weird Lukaku is starting again if he's joining Fulham on loan.

We're very light up top if he does leave. Wonder if we're closer to deal Cavani or someone than we're lead to believe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Prosneik on AC's bench.

Is he any good?
    Been with us a few months now and still not seen him at all!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement