Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Seaneh wrote: »
    Is he any good?
    Been with us a few months now and still not seen him at all!

Decent player, but he wasn't good enough for Chelsea and he's not good enough for Milan imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

BRING ON TORRES PLEASE

We have been impotent up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone have a decent link they want to PM me?
    I'm watching it on one here but the picture quality is a bit meh.

Hazard and Marin linking up well there.
    Bring on the Piazon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I guess you could call that a head injury!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

:)

poor defending again. Milan have been poor but get us on the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Here comes Malouda. :rolleyes:

G'wan Malouda, give some team out there a reason to want to put a bid in for ya.

Ah jaysus...

Nice to win a game without a striker :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

It's kinda frightening how little we create without Mata in the team. RDM obviously has noticed this with the signings of Hazard and Oscar.
    Thought Hazard has been impressive on the tour. Have no doubt he'll be a hit in the PL.
    Definitely think we need another striker to keep Torres on his toes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pre season means nothing. Hell even the community shield is pointless and nothing game. If we beat City 4-0 it will mean f-all same goes if they best us.

After 90 mins against Wigan we'll see how far we've come.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pre season means nothing. Hell even the community shield is pointless and nothing game. If we beat City 4-0 it will mean f-all same goes if they best us.

After 90 mins against Wigan we'll see how far we've come.

Unless we win, then it becomes an important piece of silverware!:D

Panthro wrote: »
    Unless we win, then it becomes an important piece of silverware!:D

If any of ye suggest we add it to our overall trophy haul ye'll be banned :p

It would be nice to beat City, we dont have a particulary good record against them in the last few seasons so it would be nice to put one over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Thoughts so far?
    Not a great pre-season in terms of wins, but then I think we did the same under Carlo and then went onto win the double

Missed the match, but looking around the web, theres a few comments about our defence and that Torres is still, well, Torres.

Its way to early to say, but I think Chelsea know we need more firepower and an alternative to Torres.

Lukaku looks bad though, sorry to say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Torres is still, well, Torres

He's only played 32 minutes. :eek:

I think he will be banging in goals for fun next season with the ammunition he will be supplied with.

I think Torres will be fine this season. Hazard and Marin looked good. I still think Lukaku looks slow and awkward. Mata and Danny included gives us plenty of options.

Thoughts? Were missing Mata, Danny, Oscar and Torres played half an hour.

We'll be grand for the season with these options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Thoughts so far?
    Not a great pre-season in terms of wins, but then I think we did the same under Carlo and then went onto win the double

Missed the match, but looking around the web, theres a few comments about our defence and that Torres is still, well, Torres.

Its way to early to say, but I think Chelsea know we need more firepower and an alternative to Torres.

Lukaku looks bad though, sorry to say

In fairness Lukaku wasn't that bad. It's hard being a lone striker if he has no one creating chances for him.
    He took his two goals well against Seattle in the first game. I think he'll do well at Fulham this season if that deal goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Fulham don't really have another decent striker with Pogrebnyak and Johnson leaving so if Lukaku does join, He'll be getting plenty of game time. Is Sturridge enough cover though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You can keep your lucas's

Fear not, we have Oscar

"As you'd perhaps expect the boys from Brazil have come from a goal behind to beat Belarus 3-1 at Old Trafford, with Oscar wrapping up the win with a superb goal in stoppage-time. Chelsea's new boy ran onto a Neymar flick to drive into the top corner. Superb goal."

Love this quote!

With the game being held at Manchester United's famous Old Trafford stadium, Oscar was asked of his feelings, replying: "I hope to get used to scoring here."

Just add Neymar - the hype is true!

Cant wait for this season with Oscar playing in tendum with our superstars.

Really cant wait for the season to start. If Lukaku does go then Sturridge and Torres will not be enough cover I reckon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I'd imagine Mata and Romeu will be back for the start of the season now.

• Advertisement

With Spain K/O'd we'll have Mata back earlier then expected. Delighted.

With Spain K/O'd we'll have Mata back earlier then expected. Delighted.

That's a huge boost for us:D

Cant wait for this season with Oscar playing in tendum with our superstars.

Really cant wait for the season to start. If Lukaku does go then Sturridge and Torres will not be enough cover I reckon.

Your right, 2 wont be enough, but we know the club knows that, as we ve been bidding for attacking cum striker players, like Schurrie and Moses etc

Mata back early is brillant, hopefully have Danny and Ryan back to injury free and plan for the start of the season.

I cant see Lukaku being happy with 3rd choice but hopefully if we do send him on loan it will be like Courtois where he can get games and prove himself.

Mata back early is brillant, hopefully have Danny and Ryan back to injury free and plan for the start of the season.

I cant see Lukaku being happy with 3rd choice but hopefully if we do send him on loan it will be like Courtois where he can get games and prove himself.

Lukaku's going on loan, cos we aint finished spending yet!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2180762/Ron-Gourlay-says-Chelsea-spending-over.html

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/7/29/3200579/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-ron-gourlay-quotes

A bit about Oscar's play for Brazil here

£40 Million to Santos and £125,000 a week to Neymar = Total dominance for a few years. ;)

£40 Million to Santos and £125,000 a week to Neymar = Total dominance for a few years. ;)

Pfft...I'd rather hold on to Malouda..

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Except we now have 3 No 10's!

• Advertisement

Except we now have 3 No 10's!

Play Neymar upfront, hes done it for Santos plenty of times, granted hes kind of like a false forward and tends to play from the left in a very freee role but that guy is an exceptional talent and I'd be very surprised if he doesnt end up in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Play Neymar upfront, hes done it for Santos plenty of times, granted hes kind of like a false forward and tends to play from the left in a very freee role but that guy is an exceptional talent and I'd be very surprised if he doesnt end up in Spain.

Looks like he'll be at Barca

amiable wrote: »
    Looks like he'll be at Barca

Dya think he'll leave before the WC?

Dya think he'll leave before the WC?

I think I saw quotes from someone in the Barca camp saying they'd like him this summer.
    I think he'll move before the World Cup but who knows.
    I remember a few doubting his talent a while back.

The kid has serious talent, no doubt about it.

If Barca want their man they'll get him and no doubt it will be cheaper then most people think.

If Barca want their man they'll get him and no doubt it will be cheaper then most people think.

Aren't there rumours that they have made a down payment on him already?

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Aren't there rumours that they have made a down payment on him already?

Ya, think it was mentioned in Janaury that they put down a good few million to guarntee his services.

Wise investment if they did, especially with questions over how Villa will come back this year after his injury.

Having Messi, Villa, Sanchez, Pedro and potentially Neymar that gives Barca some of the best attacking options on the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Among the numerous reasons to be jealous of Barca, the way the seem to be able to bring in top talents and pay buttons is incredible.

I'm not sure Neymar will leave Santos before the WC, which is frightening for any team looking to sign him as I believe his value will only keep increasing especially if he lights up the WC which I expect him to do.

Does anybody know if Santos own all of his contract or is there a 3rd party involvement like many of the other south Americans?

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Among the numerous reasons to be jealous of Barca, the way the seem to be able to bring in top talents and pay buttons is incredible.

I'm not sure Neymar will leave Santos before the WC, which is frightening for any team looking to sign him as I believe his value will only keep increasing especially if he lights up the WC which I expect him to do.

Does anybody know if Santos own all of his contract or is there a 3rd party involvement like many of the other south Americans?

AFAIK theres 3rd party ownership who owe a good proportion of his rightys, something like 40%.

I'll have a dig and see if I can pull anything but i think I seen it online before.

Caveman1 wrote: »

I hate using Wiki but they have some percentage figures on Neymar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_ownership_in_association_football
    From December 2010 to January 2011, TEISA bought 5% and 20% rights of Neymar & Elano

Pinch of salt maybe needed but there is definetly 3rd parties invested in Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

pedro pinto on twitter reporting that real are about to sign Witzel for 40 million yoyos...shame wouldve liked him at chelsea at some stage

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement