Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

pedro pinto on twitter reporting that real are about to sign Witzel for 40 million yoyos...shame wouldve liked him at chelsea at some stage

Could very well mean Modric is going nowhere so.

If Wtisel goes to Madrid we could either nip in with a take it or leave it bid for Modric or we could chance our arm and try take Khedira or Sahin. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Have to kinda agree we are short up front. Lukaku is better off on loan if guaranteed playing time. Torres and Sturridge are enough for a central role but we need at least another striker/winger for our right hand side should we play 4-3-3.

We all know about us chasing Moses which is a decent home grown option to have on the bench but do we really see him starting on the right?
    Only problem is now, do we buy some one like Cavani or Hulk?

What then happens to our Formation to accomadate our new star striker? Do we drop Torres and keep the 4-2-3-1 formation?

For me i think the best player ot of all our recent targets is Cavani but i dont know where or how he would fit into our squad. I think Hulk would be our best option because he can play and were in front of goal and down the right or left hand side.

I have also noticed a change in Di Matteos approach in our style of play. We have been paying further up the pitch and spreading our defense in order to have wing back attack the flanks leaving our CBs Prone to the counter. Our CBs are too slow bar Luiz and same goes for our DM, ramires will need to play as a CDM if we are to play the high line.

It all depends on who the striker is IMO.

A young talented guy could work with Danny and Torres but an established name like Cavani would need to be started and we'd be back to the situation with Torres and himself rotating and Danny probably left in the cold or playing wide, which will eventually see Danny leave for free IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Am I the only one who thinks Moses would be a good signing for us? He's only 21 and is already proven at premier league level, he only really stood out towards the back end of last season for Wigan but if he was in a top team I think he would really flourish. with Gourlay saying we will probably make 2 more signings, I think Moses & azpilicueta will be those 2.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Moses would be a good signing for us? He's only 21 and is already proven at premier league level, he only really stood out towards the back end of last season for Wigan but if he was in a top team I think he would really flourish. with Gourlay saying we will probably make 2 more signings, I think Moses & azpilicueta will be those 2.

I think if we got good value in the Moses deal, £6-8 million, then he would represent a good piece of business, he would be like Marin either way, little money spent and have potetinal to bring us a good return on our investment.

Azpilicueta, I think he will join us, should be interesting trying to say his name, I'll call him Al. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Thats the thing lads im trying to understand what we are going to do.
    Some people say we are short strikers but i think we have enough in Torres and Sturrige as we only play one striker.

Im not knocking Moses at all, id be happy with us signing him for under 10m. Between Strurridge and Moses we will have enough to play 4-3-3 and push Sturridge wide right if needs be.

We are prodominantly going to play 4-2-3-1 which i agree, its our best formation and best suited to the PL. But who would like to see in our starting 11? Who would be on our bench ?

Id go with below, depending on oposition

Torres

---Hazard---Mata---Oscar---

Lampard----Mikel

Cole---Terry
    Luiz---AL

Cech

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRp_GTTSnfcI3pQTlq3O_rLIolE0ky6x1nlReCHe8N5Vwf8FNmQzgeX6g

An all out attacking team would line up like

Torres

----Hazard---Mata---Oscar---

Lampard--Ramires

Cole----Cahill--Luiz---Azpilicueta

Cech

Cole able to attack our left flank allowing Hazard to partner Torres or revolve places with Mata.

Lampard able to make runs forward or spread play from the middle of the park. Ramires cappable of bringing the ball forward with his driving runs but most of all he has the energy and pace to get back and protect us from a counter attack. Azpilicueta able to attack up the right flank while Ramires can drop slightly deeper and Oscar allowed to move more central.

Cahill and Luiz are our fastest CBs and both able to attack with driving runs forward. This will make us almost a 4-3-3 formation in attack with our wing backs getting forward.

Hazard--Torres
    Cole
    Ceasar
    -^
    Mata
    ^---
    -^--Lampard----Oscar
    ^--
    -^
    ^
    ^--
    -^
    ^----Ramires
    ^--
    -^
    ^--
    -^----Cahill
    Luiz
    ^--

Cech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

If you sign him and want to say the name right it's pronounced like

As-pee-leh-kway-tah

Just say each syllable together very fast. As a native spanish speaker that's how I'd say it anyways.

As-pee-leh-kway-tah

Just say each syllable together very fast. As a native spanish speaker that's how I'd say it anyways.

AL will have to do for me :pac:

• Advertisement

As-pee-leh-kway-tah

Jaysus that's tough, I think AL will have to do, I can imagine the RTE panel will resort to calling him something totally wrong. :pac:
    AL will have to do for me :pac:

I'm telling ya its the way forward. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Aquila wrote: »
    Lads,i know some of you still think Nando will come good,but I just dont see it,id love to and all but I think we need another striker definately

Agree - and so do Chelsea, hence the bids for Schurrie etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_details.aspx?pid=120295&cid=2266

Should a man treat himself to that DVD now that is the question!:D

(Runs in - quick look around)

Anyway else think maybe take (cough) Carroll on loan?

All that service from the wings?

(Runs away feeling dirty)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Is he not already a hammer? Don't think the pool would indulge us to be honest anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nahh!!:)

(Runs in - quick look around)

Anyway else think maybe take (cough) Carroll on loan?

All that service from the wings?

(Runs away feeling dirty)

:eek:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA2mILqfviLBsO2vFs8jIXtm6EChvqXGCQ7uxI_foPrC6gsNqi

Panthro wrote: »
    http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_details.aspx?pid=120295&cid=2266

Should a man treat himself to that DVD now that is the question!:D

Indulge, definetly worth the purchase. ;)

You can re-live all the heart stopping moments again and again with the happiest of outcomes always on repeat.

Don't think he'd fit in at Chelsea tbh, I reckon we wont be too far behind Liverpool in off loading our record signing if a certain Mr Torres doesnt get his act together, no excuses now

• Advertisement

Don't think he'd fit in at Chelsea tbh, I reckon we wont be too far behind Liverpool in off loading our record signing if a certain Mr Torres doesnt get his act together, no excuses now

Well TBH Torres has a better chance then Carroll to either put up or shut up given how strong our squad and attacking options are compared to Liverpool's.

If Torres doesnt do it now he never will with us unfortunatly.

Few reports from Spain :

Marseille have rejected a £6 million bid from Chelsea for Spanish international right-back Cesar Azpilicueta, according to several reports in Spain.

The French club had also disclosed they might have to sell the likes of Azpilicueta, in order to generate funds to bring in new players, but are holding out for at least £8 million.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well TBH Torres has a better chance then Carroll to either put up or shut up given how strong our squad and attacking options are compared to Liverpool's.

If Torres doesnt do it now he never will with us unfortunatly.

Well his confidence should be through the roof at the moment, I think if he gets a couple of goals in the first few games then he'll kick on. I hope so anyway.

I think Sturridge will have a big part to play this season, I can see RDM playing him through the centre and with his pace and the sort of delivery he'll be getting from the midfield he'll score a lot of goals, I just hope he learns to be less selfish and drops the attitude.

Well his confidence should be through the roof at the moment, I think if he gets a couple of goals in the first few games then he'll kick on. I hope so anyway.

I think Sturridge will have a big part to play this season, I can see RDM playing him through the centre and with his pace and the sort of delivery he'll be getting from the midfield he'll score a lot of goals, I just hope he learns to be less selfish and drops the attitude.

I've no problem with Sturridge been selfish as a CF but it was frustrating as hell when he was shooting from everywhere or holding onto the ball out wide but ya his attitude and work rate at times can be a bit off but he has the talent so hopefully if he stays he can get a few games through the middle and bang in another double figures season.

Hazard talks about his brother.

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2866009,00.html

At 19, Thorgan (pictured below) is two years younger than Eden (pictured above) and has been continuing his pre-season preparations with our Under-21 squad. Last season was his breakthough into first team football at the French second division side, playing just down the road in northern France from top-flight Lille.

There are similarities in their story - for instance they both played youth football at Tubize in their native Belgium, but there are differences too, including playing style according to Eden.

'My brother is not the same as me because he is not someone who dribbles a lot,' he tells the official Chelsea website.

'He is more someone who has a passing game in midfield. He can play on the wings also but his best position is in central midfield, a number 10.
    'Despite both of us having been at Tubize, we have never played in the same team, so I hope I can play soon alongside my brother in the national team and also for Chelsea.'

More in the article.

Yeah Sturridge for me is very frustraiting to watch. You know he can be a brilliant player but he has a terrible attitude. He hogs the ball all the time and wont improve if he does not pass the ball. When playing as a striker he is brilliant but again he has to realise he is behind Torres in the pecking order.

Hope Thorgan becomes good, would be brilliant to see two brothers play together with us but id imagine he will need a year or two before we see it happen. At 19 years old he will have some peirs to learn from :D

Looking forward to the season starting now.

Any one going to the Dundalk game?
    There is no mention of it on CTV

• Advertisement

Someone here mentioned they're going, cant remember off the top of my head who it was....Panthro maybe? :confused:

Me self and the cauffer...eh Mrs is going.

Just taught it was very strange there is no hype about it at all.

Not even mentioned on the CFC website

Its only a Chelsdea XI though isnt it? We might see stars of the future but I'd say a few just dont have interest in it or havent heard about it.

Yeah id imagine it would be mostly kids but taught we might get a look at one or two of our star names just to promote Chelsea in Ireland.

Heres hoping anyway!!:D

How thick are the papers, one paper reports ManUtd interesting in Cole (like we would sell the best LB in the world to them) and the next Paper writes about Ferdinand racist coments about Cole.

Just proves what a numty Ferdinand is too BTW

You might get to see Clifford, Blackman, Piazon, Bamford and might even get to see Thorgan Hazard too.

I thought Ferdinand was agreeing with a racial comment that was made towards Cole by another Twitter user, could be wrong though. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Pre season means nothing. Hell even the community shield is pointless and nothing game. If we beat City 4-0 it will mean f-all same goes if they best us.

After 90 mins against Wigan we'll see how far we've come.

Let us not badmouth the shield of champions. Unless we lose then its a nice warm up for the real thing in front of a decent sized crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Someone here mentioned they're going, cant remember off the top of my head who it was....Panthro maybe? :confused:

I posted the image of it a while back.If I am off work ill defo drive down and support the lads :D

Let us not badmouth the shield of champions. Unless we lose then its a nice warm up for the real thing in front of a decent sized crowd.

I'm not pushed about it, if we win it will be a good boost for the start of the season but it doesnt really indicate too much really.
    Soby wrote: »
    I posted the image of it a while back.If I am off work ill defo drive down and support the lads :D

What day is it on again?

August 14th, a Tuesday. Have the day booked off, ticket at home :D

Yeah hopefully we get a look at Coner Clifford and Thorgan Hazard

I dont think Clifford will make it with us now.

what a day wrote: »
    August 14th, a Tuesday. Have the day booked off, ticket at home :D

Yeah hopefully we get a look at Coner Clifford and Thorgan Hazard

I dont think Clifford will make it with us now.

Feck it anyway, I've the Friday 17th off, no way I'll wrangle the Tuesday aswell.

Hopefully Thorgan will be there, from now on he will be called Thor, no all we need is the Hulk and we're assembling the Avengers.

:pac:

Well, De Bruyne's gone off on loan to Bremen for the season

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/31/chelsea-kevin-de-bruyne-werder-bremen

Kakuta apparently wants first team football and will be happy to leave to get it

Well, De Bruyne's gone off on loan to Bremen for the season

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/31/chelsea-kevin-de-bruyne-werder-bremen

Kakuta apparently wants first team football and will be happy to leave to get it

Ah Kakuta, some what of a forgotten man, hate to be holding a guy back so if he wnats to go then theres no stopping him is there?

Few reports online suggesting we'll make one last bid of £7.5 Million for Moses.

If true that sounds about right for his true valuation given hes got 1 year left on his contract.

I'm sure Whelan will let us all know if Chelsea have bid or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Few reports online suggesting we'll make one last bid of £7.5 Million for Moses.

If true that sounds about right for his true valuation given hes got 1 year left on his contract.

I'm sure Whelan will let us all know if Chelsea have bid or not.

Were Chelsea linked to Álvaro Pereira before?
    I seem to remember they were under AVB?

amiable wrote: »
    Were Chelsea linked to Álvaro Pereira before?
    I seem to remember they were under AVB?

Your right, seemed to be all AVB talk though, if we cant get Ceasar from OM I wouldnt be surprised if we went back for him, not to many RB's other then Maicon that we've been linked with.

• Advertisement

Your right, seemed to be all AVB talk though, if we cant get Ceasar from OM I wouldnt be surprised if we went back for him, not to many RB's other then Maicon that we've been linked with.

Liverpool are being linked with Pereira today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

we made official bids, Porto have to announce that info as they are a Public company.

couldnt understand it at the time, he's a left-back not a right back as far as I and wikipedia know.

he signed a new contract till 2016, but with the same buyout clause at about 26million, so unless we're gonna hit that?

Alvero is a LB and didn he sign another contract with porto when we were chasing him? He was suppose to replace Zhirkov any way.

There are two other RBs id like to see, Debuchy and Pizcech (excuse the bad spelling)

amiable wrote: »
    Liverpool are being linked with Pereira today

Who would he replace? Johnson or Kelly or move Kelly to CB?

Or would he be back up?

what a day wrote: »
    Alvero is a LB and didn he sign another contract with porto when we were chasing him? He was suppose to replace Zhirkov any way.

There are two other RBs id like to see, Debuchy and Pizcech (excuse the bad spelling)

Has Debuchy not yet signed with Newcastle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Nope, Lille want to have someone to replace him lined up and also more money. There's talk of Newcastle offering €8m soon.

No not yet. Inter linked with a move for him too.
    Pereira is a left back but can also play in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Or would he be back up?

If memory serves, pereira started out as a winger. I would wager he could play anywhere along the left.

Lille holding out for €8 Million, I expect Chelsea to sign him for €15 Million. :p

TBF, Debuchy does look like a decent prospect and would be an improvement on Bosingwa I feel.

• Advertisement

Or would he be back up?

He would be in compition with Enrique at LB

Any way i think we will get Azpilicueta ourselves, OM have to sell and im sure Torres Mata and Oriol will make Ceasar feel welcome ;)

I havent seen Ceasar play TBH but from what i hear he has been our main target and not VDW or Maicon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement