Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

what a day wrote: »
    He would be in compition with Enrique at LB

Any way i think we will get Azpilicueta ourselves, OM have to sell and im sure Torres Mata and Oriol will make Ceasar feel welcome ;)

I havent seen Ceasar play TBH but from what i hear he has been our main target and not VDW or Maicon.

I dont think VDW would be much of an improvement on Bosingwa anyway so I'd rather we chased Ceasar and got him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think VDW would be much of an improvement on Bosingwa anyway so I'd rather we chased Ceasar and got him in.

If Chelsea hadn't pissed Spurs off so much Kyle Walker would be ideal for Chelsea IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I dont see the hype in VDW either.

After all our whinnig for youth players to come through our ranks we have a sudden surge of players at the moment which would be better suited on loan IMO.

I think Bertrand should stay with us this season and be back up to Cole which is more than likely what will happen. Other than Bertrand we have PVA, McEachran, Lukaku, Piazon, all looking to get into the first team but i think we should try get them all loaned out to a club that will play them.

Move on Ferriera,Kakuta, Yossi and Malouda. Id also listen to offers for Turnbull, Meireles and Essien.

amiable wrote: »
    If Chelsea hadn't pissed Spurs off so much Kyle Walker would be ideal for Chelsea IMO

Imagine if we tried to steal their prized RB after the UCL place. :pac:

They dont want to sell us Modric so I'd say the same would apply for Walker and it could take a huge bid to even tempt them, £20 + Million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Imagine if we tried to steal their prized RB after the UCL place. :pac:

They dont want to sell us Modric so I'd say the same would apply for Walker and it could take a huge bid to even tempt them, £20 + Million.

With the valuations Levy puts on his players you'd want to be making an initial bid of £20m+ :pac:

• Advertisement

Schism wrote: »
    With the valuations Levy puts on his players you'd want to be making an initial bid of £20m+ :pac:

True, but you can see why, Spurs are trying to build and to do that you cant sell your best players especially to your rivals.

;)

Have to say Wlaker does look class and himself and Bertrand could be Englands future wing backs.

I still think we should bid for him, if any thing just to upset Spurs :p

Have to say Wlaker does look class and himself and Bertrand could be Englands future wing backs.

I still think we should bid for him, if any thing just to upset Spurs :p

I think Walker is a bit better than Bertrand

I think Walker is a bit better than Bertrand

Thank God Walker doesnt play LB so :p

Thank God Walker doesnt play LB so :p

You know what I meant. As full backs go it's easy enough to compare Right backs and left backs :)

• Advertisement

True, but you can see why, Spurs are trying to build and to do that you cant sell your best players especially to your rivals.

;)

Fair point. He's playing hardball with Madrid now though, they don't like being told no. I have a feeling he's going to end up with an unhappy midfielder if he doesn't throw them a bone!

Fair play to him though.

If i was Levy id sell him and fight for the most you can get. No point in having the player that no longer wants to be at the club. Move him on and use the money to bolster the squad. Buy a proper striker and a CB.

Has any one ever seen our Youth player Jhon Pirez play?
    Just read his Wiki page there and fair play to him he came to us for a trial and got a scholarship but we had to send him out on loan because of work permit ussues.

You know what I meant. As full backs go it's easy enough to compare Right backs and left backs :)

True, I was just been pedantic for the sake of it. :p
    Fair point. He's playing hardball with Madrid now though, they don't like being told no. I have a feeling he's going to end up with an unhappy midfielder if he doesn't throw them a bone!

Fair play to him though.
    If i was Levy id sell him and fight for the most you can get. No point in having the player that no longer wants to be at the club. Move him on and use the money to bolster the squad. Buy a proper striker and a CB.

Has any one ever seen our Youth player Jhon Pirez play?
    Just read his Wiki page there and fair play to him he came to us for a trial and got a scholarship but we had to send him out on loan because of work permit ussues.

Last year we offered over £40 Million, reportedly and Levy didnt want to sell then, now another year has gone and Madrid dont want to pay more then £30 Million and they wont panic.

Modric will probably throw another stroppy and eventually get his move but its fairly obvious Modric wants to leave and further his career but Levy seems miltant about demanding exactly what Spurs rate him at, which I think exceeds what he is worth, but it all goes back to " A players worth what a club is willing to pay "

I suppose the fact that Levy has the constitution to turn down a reported £40m figure shows he's not going to budge on this one. That could have also been leveraged by him not wanting to sell to a direct rival.

It does bode well for him getting his price though.

Well AVB hates us and Spurs been a rival there was little to no chance of us getting Modric this year, throw in winning the UCL and then you have to understand why they wouldnt sell us one of their assets. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I suppose the fact that Levy has the constitution to turn down a reported £40m figure shows he's not going to budge on this one. That could have also been leveraged by him not wanting to sell to a direct rival.

It does bode well for him getting his price though.
    Dont need him and if Spurs dont off load him, they will start another season with an important disgruntled player

LOL at Wenger moaning about the rich clubs again when they have the 5th highest wage bill!

Dont need him and if Spurs dont off load him, they will start another season with an important disgruntled player

LOL at Wenger moaning about the rich clubs again when they have the 5th highest wage bill!

Say whatever you want about Wenger, that man knows how to balance his cheque book!

Say whatever you want about Wenger, that man knows how to balance his cheque book!

whilst not winning anything!

There has to be a downside to being financially efficient at Arsenal I suppose. That said he's spending this year.

Hulk edges closer!
    http://www.cfcnet.co.uk/2012/08/01/hulk-move-edges-closer-i-want-to-win-trophies-if-i-join-chelsea/

It would seem that this afternoon Brazilian, Hulk has took a few steps forward in confirming his move to European Champions
    He has been somewhat diplomatic when asked about Chelsea before, but his latest comments seemingly confirming that a move to Chelsea is now imminent.
    Hulk said in an exclusive interview with Four Four Two, on being asked about his link with Chelsea “I am very happy. They are the European and the best club in Europe at the moment. For me, it is a huge achievement that they want me to play for them. I want to continue to win trophies,” the forward said. “That is what I want to do if I join Chelsea”
    Earlier we reported that Chelsea were still involved with negotiations for the Porto attacker, but there was complications with the third party ownership over Hulk. In light of this interview, it would seem that negotiations are moving through fast now.

• Advertisement

Bloody Hulk. :o

Where the hell are we going to play 5 attacking players in 3 positions. :eek:

Unless we drop Oscar into CDM which would be stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Hulk makes sense for a number of reasons

1. we badly need quality on the right
    2. he can also play up front giving torres and danny competition and it means we won't need to sign another striker.

Gav what makes you think we have to play them all, we have 7 competitions this season with 3 games most weeks. We will need more than 3 attacking players.

Torres

Sturridge

Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk
    Marin
    Oscar
    Ramires

Lampard
    Mikel

Oriol
    Essien

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz----Azilicueta
    Bertrand----Cahill
    Ivan
    Hutch

Cech

Hilario

Sorted :D

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Hulk makes sense for a number of reasons

1. we badly need quality on the right
    2. he can also play up front giving torres and danny competition and it means we won't need to sign another striker.

Gav what makes you think we have to play them all, we have 7 competitions this season with 3 games most weeks. We will need more than 3 attacking players.

I'm all for strength in depth, all for it but I cant see him playing wide right, unless we want to sit through another season of Sturridge-esque watching him come in on his left and cannon shots at the goal, now I think Hulk is just a bit better then Danny but not for the money thats been mentioned, esepcially when we already have Danny.

Depends on how much we spend on him really but I think theres better value to be had.

Torres

Sturridge

Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk
    Marin
    Oscar
    Ramires

Lampard
    Mikel

Oriol
    Essien

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz----Azilicueta
    Bertrand----Cahill
    Ivan
    Hutch

Cech

Hilario

If we sign Hulk then him and Oscar wont start for us for a few games I reckon, especially as it looks like Brazil will be going all the way and they'll need some time off.

Above team lacks Josh Mac.

If we sign Hulk then him and Oscar wont start for us for a few games I reckon, especially as it looks like Brazil will be going all the way and they'll need some time off.

Above team lacks Josh Mac.

I totally agree Gav, id love Josh to get a few games with us this season. I think he is ready to take his chances with us. Id imagine the club will send him on loan though. If not i cant see why we cant just play our second squad in the cup games including Josh.

I dont mean have a seperat team i just want to see 5 or 6 bench players play in the Carling cup and FA cup games

For example:

Sturridge

Marin
    Oscar
    Ramires

Essien
    McEachran----
    Bertrand
    Terry
    Cahill
    Ivan

Cech

I totally agree Gav, id love Josh to get a few games with us this season. I think he is ready to take his chances with us. Id imagine the club will send him on loan though. If not i cant see why we cant just play our second squad in the cup games including Josh.

I dont mean have a seperat team i just want to see 5 or 6 bench players play in the Carling cup and FA cup games

For example:

Sturridge

Marin
    OscarPiazon
    Ramires

EssienRomeu
    McEachran----
    Bertrand
    TerryChaloblah
    Cahill
    Hutch

CechBlackman

I'd go with the aboev for the Carling Cup early rounds, unless we're drawn away to Man City or something. :P

Id like to see Piazon go on loan TBH. Only if he goes to get games that is!
    Chalobha im a huge fan off but he has to spend a bit more time with us to develope a little more. But you get the idea any way Gav, obviously we can strengthen the team when needs be but give some younger players that dont get loan moves and our 2nd choice players given the cup runs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Torres

Sturridge

Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk
    Marin
    Oscar
    Ramires

Lampard
    Mikel

Oriol
    Essien

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz----Azilicueta
    Bertrand----Cahill
    Ivan
    Hutch

Cech

Hilario

I look at the first XI picks in that, and I reckon Chelsea are a quality left footed CB (Instead of Terry) and a more rounded midfielder (instead of Lampard) away from being a monster of a team.

Chiellini or Ogbonna style CB and a Moutinho style midfielder (or someone like Vidal if you wanted a player with steel who can also be very effective in an advanced role)

• Advertisement

As MUSEIT said, we are going to have a lot of games this year, could well be high 50's maybe 60 games so its easy to suggest we could rotate between 21-23 players and they could play about 30 games each, some will naturally play more then others but you get what I'm trying to say.

SIGN MOOOOOOOAR PLAYERZ !!11!! :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    I look at the first XI picks in that, and I reckon Chelsea are a quality left footed CB (Instead of Terry) and a more rounded midfielder (instead of Lampard) away from being a monster of a team.

Chiellini or Ogbonna style CB and a Moutinho style midfielder (or someone like Vidal if you wanted a player with steel who can also be very effective in an advanced role)

Oh you must be lost, Liverpool thread is that way ----> ;)

Since you mentioned left footed CB's how about Agger. :pac:

I'd loev someone like Sahin for CM but that aint happening as long as Modric stays in North London.

Kess i know what you mean, i have suggest it before id love us to sign Fellaini or try out Luiz in Midfield but that could leave us stretched at CB should we pick up injuries. I think Lamps does a solid job in the deep role TBH but we do lack a Player like Makelele or a fit Essien to partner Lamps.

This is why id suggest Luiz play there as he is better at defending then Mikel and Lamps but he is able to bring the ball forward better than Mikel and his passing range is brilliant.

Kess i know what you mean, i have suggest it before id love us to sign Fellaini or try out Luiz in Midfield but that could leave us stretched at CB should we pick up injuries. I think Lamps does a solid job in the deep role TBH but we do lack a Player like Makelele or a fit Essien to partner Lamps.

This is why id suggest Luiz play there as he is better at defending then Mikel and Lamps but he is able to bring the ball forward better than Mikel and his passing range is brilliant.

I don't think Luiz has the right temperament or dare I say the timing for a DM role. You'd find him picking up cards fairly quickly I'd imagine.

No doubting his talent but he can be a liability sometimes.

I'd loev someone like Sahin for CM but that aint happening as long as Modric stays in North London.

£50 million and we'll consider it.
    You could see if Lescott is available ;)

I seen that in the City thread this morning, I wouldnt be touching Lescott with a £10 million pound barge pole let alone the price that City paid, hes simply not that good and Kompany next to him makes him look better then he actually is IMO.

£50 Million you say? How about Torres in a straight swap? :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't think Luiz has the right temperament or dare I say the timing for a DM role. You'd find him picking up cards fairly quickly I'd imagine.

No doubting his talent but he can be a liability sometimes.

I think he would pick up less cards because he would not go to ground as much. He is very slick at disposessing other players while on his feet.

I Like Mikel but he aint near the standard he should be at by now. I know he played well last season and seems to be showing improvment but he is no Maka or Essien in his prime. Im not at all suggesting we get rid of him im just saying id like us to up grade our defensive midfielder. I dont Essien will be the player he was and we could do with cashing in on him while he is still worth a few quid. Move Meirieles on while your at it and reinvest the funds from both players to but Fellaini ;)

Nah I think you are the one who may be a little.............confused. :pac:

And keep your eyes off of Agger. :mad::mad:

I seen that in the City thread this morning, I wouldnt be touching Lescott with a £10 million pound barge pole let alone the price that City paid, hes simply not that good and Kompany next to him makes him look better then he actually is IMO.

£50 Million you say? How about Torres in a straight swap? :pac:

I knew you had read it haha

No we're interested in swapping Carroll for Torres. Straight swap :D

£50m my arse.

Myself and Gav in a steel cage, each with a rusty iron bar as a weapon. Winner gets to take any player they like from the other's club.

That way we defo end up with Hazard. ;)

£50m my arse.

Myself and Gav in a steel cage, each with a rusty iron bar as a weapon. Winner gets to take any player they like from the other's club.

That way we defo end up with Hazard. ;)

And the loser gets Joe Cole :p

• Advertisement

With that stipulation in place, there is no way in hell that I am gonna lose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Ive said before about Luiz playing RB or DM only because he was very fond of making costly mistakes, but in fairness to the lad he has settled a lot since arriving. I think this will be a big season for Luiz to cement his place as our main CB, we have so much creativity in the middle of the park now, it cant hurt to have a bit more style coming from the back.

As much as I'd like to see some of our youth team coming through the reality is the likes of Josh, Kakuta Hutch & PVA will all be sold/loaned out because they just aren't good enough.

I'm kind of surprised about the Hulk comments I thought we had turned our attention to Moses, I'm not complaining though :pac:

F**k off we got rid of him we dont want him back. That incentive would make me walk through hell and back alone. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

With that stipulation in place, there is no way in hell that I am gonna lose. :D
    You already have by the looks of things.

First bid rejected for Ceasar asccording to the Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2182451/Chelsea-bid-Cesar-Azpilicueta-rejected.html#ixzz22NDttqoy
    Chelsea have seen their first bid for Marseille full-back Cesar Azpilicueta rejected.

The Blues offered just £5.4million for the Spain international, almost £3m below the French club's asking price. They are expected to bid again by the end of week.

Last week, the troubled former Ligue 1 champions admitted they would have to sell before they can buy as they look to arrest an alarming slump since they won the title in 2010.

Lukaku wants game time with another EPL club only.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1129075/chelsea-striker-romelu-lukaku:-'i-must-play'?cc=5739

It is believed the club want to loan out the teenager, while the possible arrival of Victor Moses from Wigan would squeeze Lukaku yet further. Fulham are reportedly keen on the Belgian striker and he has told the club he wants to be a first-team regular.
    "What I learned last season is positive," Lukaku said in the Sun. "Training with great players improves you. Now I must play. In a few weeks we'll see what happens."

This is from a few weeks back but makes for interesting reading.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/23/chelsea-pitch-owners-stadium
    The scandal over "dodgy" shares sold in CPO – the supporters-led group which has owned the freehold of Stamford Bridge since the 1990s – was compounded when they appeared to help swing a crucial vote that might have limited the power of shareholders to do just that.

The sale of shares in CPO had been suspended since Chelsea failed to convince the company to sell them back the land beneath their home at an extraordinary general meeting in October, something they need to do before they can move to a new stadium.

Plenty more in the article, looks like any Stadoum move will be blocked as long as the CPO have a say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

The council are warming to the idea but still it looks like we'll be restricted by the local area and how close Stamford Bridge is to some of the buildings in the area.

I've always been a fan of knocking the hotel and developing that side of the site but I dont know if thats possible at all.

I think our hands are tied at the Stamford Bridge site TBH and in saying that I'd love to see bigger stands at Stamford Bridge and the capacity going over 55K we really have to be up and around that to compete long term.

RDM confirms our new exciting style!

"I think moving between the lines and rotation can be an attacking threat for us. We had only Juan Mata playing that role last year, although Raul Meireles played there a few times as well.

It just gives us more options for the team. It makes us more difficult to be marked and more unpredictable .

However, we also need width in the game, so it's not just always coming between the lines, it's about giving width to the team as well.

I think what's most important now is to integrate the new players into the side. Obviously, bringing in players with different abilities and qualities might change the face of our team a little bit as well, but we have to always find the right balance between attacking and defending."

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2866439,00.html

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement