Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Gutted !!
    Now we bloody well have to win the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Aquila wrote: »
    18324722.jpg

And we will come from the North to take the Iron throne. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Gutted !!
    Now we bloody well have to win the CL.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but even if we win the CL we won't get back into it if we finish outside the top 4, Thanks to Liverpool in 2005 - UEFA said that would be the last time, we all thought - HA yeah, as IF A TEAM COULD DO THAT AGAIN !!! ??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

the_monkey wrote: »
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but even if we win the CL we won't get back into it if we finish outside the top 4, Thanks to Liverpool in 2005 - UEFA said that would be the last time, we all thought - HA yeah, as IF A TEAM COULD DO THAT AGAIN !!! ??? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure what cloud you live on TBH? If Chelsea win the CL they automatically qualify for next years CL, and the league then loses a spot to make up for it, as in top 3 only go through, thus knocking 4th place out of the CL.

Also the rule was in place before Liverpool won the CL but it was the FA and not Liverpool who fought to get the 5 teams in that year.

really ? ok so some hope at least.

But on tonights performance we don't have a hope against Munich.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

really ? ok so some hope at least.

But on tonights performance we don't have a hope against Munich.

Not to worry it will be a different team , with hopefully no malouda , Raul m in it !

One good thing as someone said, Malouda will be gone in the summer, Imagine he was one of our best players 2 seasons ago ! he was fantastic in the double campaign :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

One good thing as someone said, Malouda will be gone in the summer, Imagine he was one of our best players 2 seasons ago ! he was fantastic in the double campaign :confused:

What do you think you'd get for him and how much would he be on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Missed the game but it seems like we didnt do enough to get anything from it.

Its all down to the UCL final to make sure we get a UCL place.

We have the FA cup final to look forward to now and getting one over the Scousers is always nice if we can do it.

• Advertisement

Aquila wrote: »
    18324722.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdsUolrpJaY0_YfedwWJ_ZfL8WJOFMgPCDPtobhfdI5jIYVREG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    What do you think you'd get for him and how much would he be on?

I'd say he would go for free. Utterly uselesss player with a terrible attitude. To think we bought him to replace robben and he has has only one good season for us. :mad:

We don't deseve top 4 this season, if only we had sacked AVB 6 weeks earlier then we would have finished slighly ahead of arsenal IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

We had no chance last night once meireles and malouda woere started in the same team, I doubt we will see either at the weekend.

I would say

.............cech.

bos.....ivan....terry...cole......

................mikel.................

........ramires..lamps............

kalou.......................mata...

.............torres/drogs........... (toss a coin)

MUSEIST wrote: »
    We had no chance last night once meireles and malouda woere started in the same team, I doubt we will see either at the weekend.

I would say

.............cech..................

bos.....ivan....terry...cole...

........mikel........lamps.......

Ramires.....Mata........Kalou

...............Drogba...........

Fixed your formation ^

Drogba and Wembley goals go hand in hand so expect him to be the difference.

2-0 we'll bring on Torres to grab one against the 'Pool and send both fans screaming :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Personally I think Chelsea should go with this. CL final coming, don't risk any players that will start in that one and give them as much rest as possible.

................Hilario

Ferrera... Iva... Terry... Bertrand

...............Romeu

........Meireles... Ramires

Sturridge.................Malouda

............Kalou/Lukaku

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

iregk wrote: »
    Personally I think Chelsea should go with this. CL final coming, don't risk any players that will start in that one and give them as much rest as possible.

................Hilario

Ferrera... Iva... Terry... Bertrand

...............Romeu

........Meireles... Ramires

Sturridge.................Malouda

............Kalou/Lukaku

That's not going to happen or RDM would have picked a full strength team last night. The fact that he didn't means he's really going for the FA Cup on Saturday.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    That's not going to happen or RDM would have picked a full strength team last night. The fact that he didn't means he's really going for the FA Cup on Saturday.

It goes to show how influetinal Mata is, when hes dropped we look slow andlack any real imagination or much ability to keep the ball moving.

Hes pivotal to us in terms of building attacks and we dont have another player in the squad that can do this.

Liverpool rested lots of players for their game against Fulham and they'll be well up for this final.

Given our recent record in the FA cup and our players coming back, I think we'll have to much for them but you never know with this Liverpool team.

All eyes should be on the 19th, f*ck the FA cup, we have loads of them...

All eyes should be on the 19th, f*ck the FA cup, we have loads of them...

you still wanna win every final you get to, if we we're playing a team that we would comfortably beat then I'd say the same and send out a second string team but an FA Cup Final against Liverpool is pretty big and one I'd want to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

That decision might cost him his "interim" job if he doesnt win the big one.
    greendom wrote: »
    The fact that he didn't means he's really going for the FA Cup on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

gavredking wrote: »
    It goes to show how influetinal Mata is, when hes dropped we look slow andlack any real imagination or much ability to keep the ball moving.

Hes pivotal to us in terms of building attacks and we dont have another player in the squad that can do this.

Liverpool rested lots of players for their game against Fulham and they'll be well up for this final.

Given our recent record in the FA cup and our players coming back, I think we'll have to much for them but you never know with this Liverpool team.

I cant belive we rested Mata either, he should have started in place of malouda. The rest of the team he picked wasnt too bad

Unless Robbie wins the CL now, I cant see him getting No1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

you still wanna win every final you get to, if we we're playing a team that we would comfortably beat then I'd say the same and send out a second string team but an FA Cup Final against Liverpool is pretty big and one I'd want to win.

Absolutely and also a win takes us equal with Liverpool with 7 wins each (also equal 4th on all time list). Also think of the bragging rights in the pub not too many ManC fans here but plenty of Liverpool and ManU so if we win this and the CL, Liverpool the Carling cup and ManU nowt we have bragging rights till the end of next season.

Win EVERYTHING YOU CAN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Malouda certainly seems to be doing everything he can to ensure he never plays an important game for Chelsea again, Mikel also needs to up his game quickly for the last few of this season, though he was very sloppy last night.

Think we need to start with Drogba against Liverpool, bring Torres on to administer a coup de grace once Drogs has it wrapped up.

Ya, dropping Mata was a surprise but hes going to be pivotal against Liverpool and Bayern.

I fear we'll see a similar team that played against Newcastle going to Anfield. * shudders *

We have 2 huge games left, both Cup finals.

No other games matter as we wont finish in the top 4 now. We need to win both cup finals and only then can the season not be considered a huge failure, especially if we finish 6th. :(

From the website :
    The latest ticket selling arrangements for the Champions League Final against Bayern Munich on Saturday 19 May have been announced.
    Tomorrow [Friday 4 May], season ticket holders with 73 loyalty points or more will be able to buy one ticket per person up until 5pm ONLINE ONLY.
    On Monday 7 May, tickets will be sold to season ticket holders on a loyalty point basis ONLINE ONLY. The number of points required will be announced on this website no later than 6pm on Friday 4 May.

RDM's record against clubs higher then us in the league is fairly shite.

2 draws (Arsenal, Spurs), 2 losses (City, Newcastle).

AVB showed a not to unfamiliar record against top 6 clubs..

Won 2 (City, Newcastle) 2 Draws (United, Spurs) 2 Losses (Arsenal, United)

All I can say is RDM most be blessed after getting us into 2 cup finals.

I dotn thik we can blame AVB or RDM this year if we win feck all as the squad just isnt good enough.

We have to be beating teams around and above us if we want to compete and 2 wins in 10 games against the top 5 is absolute muck.

Carlo Ancelotti in his double winning season beat United, Arsenal, Liverpool ( old top 3) home and away, although I think we lost twice to City that year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Now that 4th is gone i hope some squad players will get a good run out. Like to see turnbull , Romeu and Lukaku get a start.
    Malouda should be gone unless he holds out for the last season.
    A different formation would be nice as chelsea need a plan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Now that 4th is gone i hope some squad players will get a good run out. Like to see turnbull , Romeu and Lukaku get a start.
    Malouda should be gone unless he holds out for the last season.
    A different formation would be nice as chelsea need a plan B.

Where are they going to get a good run out with an FA cup final, a CL final and the end of the premiership in sight?
    All or nothing now. Field the best team for both cups.

Where are they going to get a good run out with an FA cup final, a CL final and the end of the premiership in sight?
    All or nothing now. Field the best team for both cups.

We have two epl games that we could easily rest players in. Liverpool away and blackburn at home before the big one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The last two games as in Europe already no matter the league position. I see no point playing Mata both games as he looked tried when he came on.
    Most teams mid table will field weaker teams as nothing to gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

True about Mata, I suppose some game time is better than none.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anyone know a good place in Dublin to pick up the new jersey next week?

Hoping that Lifestyle or Champion Sports will have a decent offer on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

thebison wrote: »
    Anyone know a good place in Dublin to pick up the new jersey next week?

Hoping that Lifestyle or Champion Sports will have a decent offer on them.

Any of the big shops will be stocking them, keep an eye out for displays indicating if and when their on sale or ring around.

Lifestyle usually do a deal where you get free printing of names and numbers on release day.

I know my local store in Cork had this service for a week becasue Liverpool launched their jersey around the same time.

I'm getting mine from the stamford Bridge store next weekend anyway. :pac:

Any of the big shops will be stocking them, keep an eye out for displays indicating if and when their on sale or ring around.

Lifestyle usually do a deal where you get free printing of names and numbers on release day.

I know my local store in Cork had this service for a week becasue Liverpool launched their jersey around the same time.

I'm getting mine from the stamford Bridge store next weekend anyway. :pac:

I'm waiting for the special "Champions of Europe" Edition ;)

(Dont you get to add a little star to jersey somewhere?)

I'm waiting for the special "Champions of Europe" Edition ;)

(Dont you get to add a little star to jersey somewhere?)

I think, but I'm open to correction that United or Liverpool jersies in EPL competitions dont have stars on them, they maybe different when competiting in Europe but I think the EPL put a stop to it and they can only use the stars when playing in Europe.

I know they stopped United from wearing the FIFA World Club badge in England but were allowed to wear it in Europe, on the other hand Barcelona wear their FIFA World Club badge in all games.

You could always stitch in a big fuck off star after you get the jersey Sgt. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Some good posts made lads, i think Malouda has to have played his last game for Chelsea. The chap is dire!
    Mata is such a pivotal player for us and is our biggest link between defence and attack. When Mata came on against Newcastle he was too far forward and need him to drop a bit deeper.

Should be interesting to see Bertrand and Oriel play the last two PL games if it happens. id also like to see Sturridge given a stab at the striker role.
    Lukaku also to get some game time.

We have to win the FA cup then think about CL final, dont get me wrong the CL final is our biggest game in our history and we have a 50/50 chance of winning it but the FA cup is a big trophy.

Also about a plan B, i dont think we have the players to have a plan B.
    We can use Mata Kalou and Sturridge as wingers but Sturridge is greedy and has a terrible cross to be a winger. Kalou is a headless chicken most time and Mata is a much better midfielder than a winger.
    The nearest thing to a Plan B we have is lump it to Drogba.

The only other formatin i can think would be usefull would be a 4-1-3-2
    In terms of CL final formation

Cech
    Bosingwa--Cahill---Luiz---Cole
    Mikel
    -Kalou
    Mata---Lampard-
    Drogba---Torres

Good attacking option in midfield while still protecting our back four with Mikel. Lamps and Kalou to track back and protect when we dont have the ball. Cole and Bosi to use the wings when possible. Drogba and Torres can get on the end of crosses from Kalou Bosi and Cole. Torres can cut in from his favoured left flank onto his right foot. While Mata and Lampard can feed our strikers trough balls. Lampard is a bit mor forward now so he is always getting in the right place at the right time.

I know its no time for experimenting but its just food for tought.

From the Telegraph, I've highlighted a piece in the article which is worrying at the moment.

Although if Emenalo is working with De Visser thats not a bad thing, that guy spotted the real Ronaldo and a few world class stars over his VERY long scouting career.

Sources close to the Russian billionaire have revealed that there are plans in place to create a “hungry, young team” although there is confusion as to which players Chelsea are targeting while the club wait for a permanent manager to be appointed.

A number of moves have been put on hold and might now prove elusive while the scale of the departures — which had been planned to be widespread – is also uncertain with Chelsea having reached the Champions League final under interim head coach Roberto Di Matteo.

At the same time, highly ambitious plans have been considered to inquire about the Real Madrid pair of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gonzalo Higuaín or, alternatively, the Napoli forwards Edinson Cavani and Ezequiel Lavezzi.

However, it seems unlikely that Chelsea will make double bids in either case. Both Higuaín and Lavezzi have been offered to the club in recent months.

The signing of Marko Marin from Werder Bremen, announced last weekend, for £6.5million was curious in that the attacking midfielder – who can also play as a winger – had not previously been discussed by the club’s hierarchy and has endured a difficult season.

Tottenham Hotspur had a deal put in place to sign him this summer before Chelsea gazumped them.

Schürrle, 21, like Marin, 23, is young and a full international who hopes to be in the Germany squad at Euro 2012 although they could be in competition for a place. Schürrle fits the profile of the kind of player Chelsea are trying to recruit.

Schürrle joined Bayern Leverkusen only last summer and featured against Chelsea during the club’s Champions League campaign this season.
    He is just over 6ft tall and can play as a striker or a wide attacker. Chelsea have made initial inquiries about his availability but have not made an offer.

Leverkusen signed him from Mainz for about £6.5million and it appears the Bundesliga club would like to more than double their money if he is sold to Chelsea.

They are discussing several potential deals, some of which might be dependent on whether they are in the Champions League next season.
    Plans are in place to sign Porto forward Hulk – with the Portuguese club wanting to sell and prepared to waive his £80million release clause in favour of a deal worth about £32.5million – and his fellow Brazilian Lucas Moura, a 19-year-old ­midfielder who plays for Sao Paulo.

Both players were targets for former manager Andre Villas-Boas, as was Schürrle.

Both deals, however, could be in danger of collapse. Abramovich is not keen to do further transfer business with Porto, which may end Hulk’s hopes of moving to Chelsea, while Real Madrid have moved ahead in the race for Lucas, who would cost more than £20million, even though he has a buy-out clause which is much higher than that.

Chelsea are also set to face a battle to secure Radamel Falcao, who is another of their targets, with Real also interested in the striker even though he plays for city rivals Atlético Madrid.

They signed him for about £33million from Porto last summer.
    Nevertheless, Atlético would want more money for the 26 year-old, who has had an outstanding season in leading the club to the Europa League final, which he won last year with Villas-Boas at Porto. There is confusion over third-party ownership issues around the player.

Falcao would be regarded as an ideal replacement for veteran forward Didier Drogba, whose contract at Stamford Bridge expires at the end of this season.

If the Colombian was signed it would raise further questions over the future of Fernando Torres and over who should be Chelsea’s main striker – the Spaniard appears likely to stay at the club.

Chelsea’s transfers are being handled by the club’s technical director, Michael Emenalo, who is trusted by Abramovich, as are Emenalo’s advisers, who include the Dutch scout Piet de Visser and a key agent, the Serbian Vlado Lemic, who has become an increasingly influential figure and has been behind several big deals at the club for a number of years.

The extent of the changes at Chelsea this summer may also be dictated by which players can be moved on. Drogba still appears likely to go, along with Salomon Kalou, who is also out of contract, and the club have been interested in selling Florent Malouda.

Paulo Ferreira and Jose Bosingwa are also set to go.
    The future of Daniel Sturridge is in doubt, especially as the England ­forward has st ruggled to feature of late and wants to play as a central striker rather than on the flank. Chelsea could also cash in on him.

• Advertisement

what a day wrote: »
    The only other formatin i can think would be usefull would be a 4-1-3-2
    In terms of CL final formation

Cech
    Bosingwa--Cahill---Luiz---Cole
    Mikel
    -Kalou
    Mata---Lampard-
    Drogba---Torres

Good attacking option in midfield while still protecting our back four with Mikel. Lamps and Kalou to track back and protect when we dont have the ball. Cole and Bosi to use the wings when possible. Drogba and Torres can get on the end of crosses from Kalou Bosi and Cole. Torres can cut in from his favoured left flank onto his right foot. While Mata and Lampard can feed our strikers trough balls. Lampard is a bit mor forward now so he is always getting in the right place at the right time.

I know its no time for experimenting but its just food for tought.

Sweet Jesus on a bike :eek:

Bayern, UCL Final, in Munich, Robben, Ribery, Gomez.

All above reasons why I wouldnt attempt that formation. :pac:

Good attacking suggestion though if we're chasing the game :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Today is the deadline for bids on Battersea. Haven't heard anything about Chelsea going for it but hopefully that doesn't mean they won't.

I remember watching the highlights and thinking , jaysus you'd get a way with murder back in the day,

then the article says this
    The replay is remembered for some lenient refereeing, with both sides taking advantage to kick lumps out of each other. Only one player - Chelsea's Hutchinson - was booked on the night. David Elleray, however, reviewed the game 26 years later and concluded that six red cards and 20 yellows would have been dished out under modern-day conditions

Brillant :pac:

Masked Man wrote: »
    Today is the deadline for bids on Battersea. Haven't heard anything about Chelsea going for it but hopefully that doesn't mean they won't.

The lose of a guarnteed UCL place may have the club stalling on any big developments whether it e transfer or Battersea move.

Sure the CPO wont allow a move I reckon so any Battersea bid is most likely not going to happen.

Imagine having the winning bid for the site and not being allowed to move due to the CPO blocking it. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

The lose of a guarnteed UCL place may have the club stalling on any big developments whether it e transfer or Battersea move.

Sure the CPO wont allow a move I reckon so any Battersea bid is most likely not going to happen.

Imagine having the winning bid for the site and not being allowed to move due to the CPO blocking it. :eek:

It might be worth the risk, the CPO has to realise that Stamford Bridge isn't really a viable option. From what I remember Battersea was the best option, but I'm probably hoping against hope that we're in for it.

Would be a kick in the balls for RA if that happened though, as well as kinda scummy from the CPO. RA's invested a lot into the club (obviously) and moving to a new stadium is important for the club.

• Advertisement

Masked Man wrote: »
    It might be worth the risk, the CPO has to realise that Stamford Bridge isn't really a viable option. From what I remember Battersea was the best option, but I'm probably hoping against hope that we're in for it.

Would be a kick in the balls for RA if that happened though, as well as kinda scummy from the CPO. RA's invested a lot into the club (obviously) and moving to a new stadium is important for the club.

Well for the club to be viable for the sake of the UEFA F.F.P we need either an expansion ofStmaford Bridge, which is nearly impossible or move to a new site which is possible.

If we follow the Arsenal model and sell teh ground Stamford Bridge sits on this would fund the new stadium.

I'd love if we went to a new 55-60K stadium.

Hi, the FA cup final, is it on the BBC?

http://maps.google.ie/maps?hl=en&cp=8&gs_id=n&xhr=t&q=battersea+power+station&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1016&bih=246&wrapid=tljp1336125685353014&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Anyone that knows the area, knows that there is no immediate Underground station at the Battersea site but there is plans in place to facilate an underground at Battersea.

There is access across via a few bridges from the embankment.

If we we're to move their an underground wolud have to be planned for to allow easier travel for the volumes of fans coming over the river.

Hi, the FA cup final, is it on the BBC?

I think its ESPN and UTV.

Open to correction though.

I think its ESPN and UTV.

Open to correction though.

it is - http://www.live-footballontv.com/football-tv-rights-uk.html

:(

I don't think ITV have live streams ?