Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Im with you on that one Gav. Id love us to stay at the bridge and Knock the Hotel if possible. We defo do need to up our stadium capacity. Im not sure what our options are on knocking the hotel but i think your right, we are restricted by public access and the train line been too close.

Id imagine we will have to sort some thing out soon regarding a move or upgrade of the bridge.

RDM confirms our new exciting style!

"I think moving between the lines and rotation can be an attacking threat for us. We had only Juan Mata playing that role last year, although Raul Meireles played there a few times as well.

It just gives us more options for the team. It makes us more difficult to be marked and more unpredictable .

However, we also need width in the game, so it's not just always coming between the lines, it's about giving width to the team as well.

I think what's most important now is to integrate the new players into the side. Obviously, bringing in players with different abilities and qualities might change the face of our team a little bit as well, but we have to always find the right balance between attacking and defending."

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2866439,00.html[/QUOTE]

I think Robbie DiMatteo is going to add a bit of flair to aour attacking this season but TBH i dont think it will be the football Roman craves. We will play the usuall Italian attacking style 6 defenders and 4 attackers basically. We will be simular to Man City under Mancini i reckon.
    Counter attacking football with freedom in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Can the train line be upgraded so it isn't affected by a redevelopment?

Im not 100% but i know we inquired about putting a bridge over the reailway track but dont think any thing came of it. Im sure we will sort some thing out soon....Roman might have to sign the right cheque first :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Can the train line be upgraded so it isn't affected by a redevelopment?

Well as most of you will know the station is underground well only a small portion of it running upto the ground, I'd say the porximity is a problem and no one in London wants to disrupt a busy line.

I'd say we've exhausted every avenue in planning for a redevelopment of the curent site but if we can get the council onside then we might have a small chance in pushing something through.

I think knocking the hotel maybe impossible, it makes good buisness for the local area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Anybody else think we should hijack Arsenals move for Sahin?

Quality midfielder, better than Romeu, and I hear he is unhappy that there is no option to buy!

Quality midfielder, better than Romeu, and I hear he is unhappy that there is no option to buy!

+10000000

I think hes excellent and would be a perfect fit for us. Chop Malouda, Essien, Yossi and we'd have more space for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Yes, but replace Chelsea with United if there's hijacking to be done :p

Schism wrote: »
    Yes, but replace Chelsea with United if there's hijacking to be done :p

One thing though,

Chelsea ££££££££
    United £

;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

GavRedKing wrote: »
    One thing though,

Chelsea ££££££££
    United £

;) :P

More like

Chelsea £££££££
    United -£££££££

Schism wrote: »
    More like

Chelsea £££££££
    United -£££££££

Didnt want to be to harsh :pac:

TBF if United want someone they have a great chance because of who they are.

De Bryune confirmed on loan with Bremen for the season

Good move for him IMO, wish him well!!

what a day wrote: »
    De Bryune confirmed on loan with Bremen for the season

Good move for him IMO, wish him well!!

This is where our scatter gun transfer policy drives me mad.
    Good money wasted on lads never given a decent run in the team and to be honest never likely to.
    The second I hear of any kid over the age of 20 going on loan, I just think that they wont ever get a chance in the first team

Here we are, as RDM himself says, crying out for width and we send one of our few genuine wingers out on loan. The same with Luka, we want a good striker competing with Torres and Danny, we sign one and then mess them about

Drives me crazy, I just wish we wouldnt bother signing them at all, what a laughing stock we've become :(

Moses would be mad to come!

Ahh cheer up Sgt!!!

I have to agree with the DeBruyne point, i taught he could be used with us this season as he can play in midfield and out wide. He looks ready to play for us too.

As for Lukaku i dont think he is ready to play for us, he looks very lumbersome slow and static. I think a good run of games will do him good but lets be honest he wont get that with us having Torres and Sturridge in his way.

The way i see it, we hold on to our best players and play them. Our Younger lads or players that are not as good as our first two options should be loaned out to get games.

Good point Sgt, whats annoying is we'll probably replace Lukaku, who we spent nearly £20 million on, with a guy worth more and thus not giving Lukaku a go, frustrating to say the least.

• Advertisement

Good point Sgt, whats annoying is we'll probably replace Lukaku, who we spent nearly £20 million on, with a guy worth more and thus not giving Lukaku a go, frustrating to say the least.

He has had a go in pre season, he failed to shine.

If i was DiMatteo id send him on loan too,He is not good enough at the moment. Its as simple as that. Ok we sign say for example Cavani?
    Cavani starts his CFC career on fire and ends top goal scorer. In doing this we have stopped a poor Lukaku getting starting role with us but we have found a succsesfull striker that can take over from Drogba/Torres.

Torres is what 28 he has maybe 3 more seasons with us untill Lukaku builds up form with another club. Once Lukaku is good enough to replace Torres we bring him home, ship Torres out and we save money in the long run by loaning out Lukaku by not having to pay his wages and leaving him to play with the reserves. Plus we bought him young before he becomes another £50m man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Good money wasted on lads never given a decent run in the team and to be honest never likely to.
    The second I hear of any kid over the age of 20 going on loan, I just think that they wont ever get a chance in the first team

Here we are, as RDM himself says, crying out for width and we send one of our few genuine wingers out on loan. The same with Luka, we want a good striker competing with Torres and Danny, we sign one and then mess them about

Drives me crazy, I just wish we wouldnt bother signing them at all, what a laughing stock we've become :(

think we're jumping the gun a bit here lads!

De Bruyne has some good experience coming from playing a low level of Champions League with Genk in the Belgian league, he is absolutely untested at premier league level and is currently fighting for his position against Hazard/Mata/Marin/Oscar in midfield/leftside, a year playing in a strong Werder Bremen Team where he will simply replace Marin in the team will mean when he comes back he's now got a higher level of experience from the German league, he might even need two years there, so its disapointing for us to see him go its really for the best for him and us!

I agree on the De Bruyne loan, at least hes playing a good level, same as when Courtois went to Athleico Madrid.

Hopefully he progresses and can come back and make a career with us, the same goes for Lukaku if he gets the right club but in Lukaku & De Bruyne thats over £30 Million on 2 young players who havent got a chance with the 1st team.

I presume that there good enough to play with us otherwise we wouldnt have spent on them anyway so why not play them when it counts not just rely on nothing friendlies and pre season.

LanceStorm wrote: »
    think we're jumping the gun a bit here lads!

De Bruyne has some good experience coming from playing a low level of Champions League with Genk in the Belgian league, he is absolutely untested at premier league level and is currently fighting for his position against Hazard/Mata/Marin/Oscar in midfield/leftside, a year playing in a strong Werder Bremen Team where he will simply replace Marin in the team will mean when he comes back he's now got a higher level of experience from the German league, he might even need two years there, so its disapointing for us to see him go its really for the best for him and us!

thats a good theory, but I cant think of a single player (bar Danny) who has gone on loan and then come back to be considered part of the first team.
    And he will be what 22/23? Normally what happens is that we have bought a "ready made" player in that position

• Advertisement

I agree on the De Bruyne loan, at least hes playing a good level, same as when Courtois went to Athleico Madrid.

Hopefully he progresses and can come back and make a career with us, the same goes for Lukaku if he gets the right club but in Lukaku & De Bruyne thats over £30 Million on 2 young players who havent got a chance with the 1st team.

I presume that there good enough to play with us otherwise we wouldnt have spent on them anyway so why not play them when it counts not just rely on nothing friendlies and pre season.

Your missing the point Gav

These players are signed for their potential and not their current ability.
    They have better players in front of them that will block any chances of them playing with us.

Your right with DeBruyne and Courtios they should get some better playing expeirince with there loan clubs then with us. I hope Lukaku gets the same wether its with Fulham or Vitese i dont car as long as he comes back a better player.

Im all for playing young players but the only players i see fit for our first team now and that are not on loan are McEachran and Bertrand.
    I wont mind if McEachran goes on loan either because we are well stocked in his positions and he should get more game time on loan.

Bertrand must stay with us as back up to Cole and id imagine he will get a fair few games this season.

All these players get opertunities in training and pre season games and its clear to see the ones that are not good enough at the moment so why not send them on loan. We all moaned when kakuta didn get games were ever he went but to be honest i have not see him do any thing to merit a game with us yet. No wonder he didn get his game much, its simple he is not good enough. Maybe he will come good maybe he wont, its up to the club to find a better player than him now and if we can replace him with some one better why not?

We have to keep moving as a club and the club is doing a great job IMO!

thats a good theory, but I cant think of a single player (bar Danny) who has gone on loan and then come back to be considered part of the first team.
    And he will be what 22/23? Normally what happens is that we have bought a "ready made" player in that position

the players heading off to Vitesse or championship/league 1 or 2 level clubs are clearly not even on the radar of the first team, Lukaku and De Bruyne are internationals and are going to top level clubs where they are sure to play! Fulham will be a great move for Lukaku!

Players have to shine from these loans, thats why im sure that Kakuta and McEachran are ages away from the first team as they werent good enough during their loans last year and need another year away and a successful one at that!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

We have bought depth ,

At the moment , Yossi, Malouda , Essien , Lampard are all still on the books ,

This kids are a shot for the future , playing at a top level will only increase there level of play not only saving us money in the future but to have players with the ability to slot into the first team when the time is rite for them.

I like our new policy , had KDB had another good season at Genk , a new deal could of been signed , a lot more clubs could be sniffing ,clubs would of wanted a lot more money too, same applies for Lukaku ,

We have done our business early with these kids , I see Lukaku breaking the first team before KDB but thats only if he proves himself on loan at another club this season.

Anyway I would rather them on loan with top clubs rather than playing reserve football at the level will be a lot higher as will there confidence if they do well .

Dennis Wise steps down from teh CPO board.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/dennis-wise-resigns-from-board-of-chelsea-pitch-owners-8004640.html
    Former Blues captain Wise accepted an offer to help run the fan-led company which owns the freehold of Stamford Bridge in November after the club failed to convince CPO to sell them back the land under the stadium.

Press Association Sport understands Wise decided to step down due to alleged intrusion into his private life by an opponent of Chelsea's bid.

We have bought depth ,

At the moment , Yossi, Malouda , Essien , Lampard are all still on the books ,

This kids are a shot for the future , playing at a top level will only increase there level of play not only saving us money in the future but to have players with the ability to slot into the first team when the time is rite for them.

I like our new policy , had KDB had another good season at Genk , a new deal could of been signed , a lot more clubs could be sniffing ,clubs would of wanted a lot more money too, same applies for Lukaku ,

We have done our business early with these kids , I see Lukaku breaking the first team before KDB but thats only if he proves himself on loan at another club this season.

Anyway I would rather them on loan with top clubs rather than playing reserve football at the level will be a lot higher as will there confidence if they do well .

I totally get the idea, its the practise that I am wary of.
    Lets just say I will be very surprised if either of them ever start more than a handful of games before being quietly moved on.
    Their places will be taken by some new shiny Hazard type signing who is more the finished product.
    De Visser needs to buy a car with a longer range than Belgium.
    Although he got us Robben and helped to get Scolari sacked, theres not much sign of his infamous quote coming true

"Mr Abramovich is fed up that he has to keep paying millions and millions for big star players. He had to pay an absolute fortune to get players like Drogba and Essien. This is why he has asked me as a private scout to look out for top class young players who will be the Chelsea stars in three years time."

That was him in 2007!

De Visser is about 75 at this satge though so I dont think he does as much as he used. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Dunno if this has been mentioned already as im too lazy to look, but it seems our new boy Oscar has been given the #11 shirt!

V9 wrote: »
    Dunno if this has been mentioned already as im too lazy to look, but it seems our new boy Oscar has been given the #11 shirt!

Nothing on the site yet anyway although we are playing another friendly tommorrow and its on CTV.

Nothing on the site yet anyway although we are playing another friendly tommorrow and its on CTV.

Its on the megastore site, here

V9 wrote: »
    Its on the megastore site, here

Aaaaahhhhhh I see :o

I just clicked the drop down menu for the jersey on the main site and didnt see it.

Hazard or Oscar...off to flip a coin. :D

• Advertisement

Aaaaahhhhhh I see :o

I just clicked the drop down menu for the jersey on the main site and didnt see it.

Hazard or Oscar...off to flip a coin. :D

Or you could wait for Moses or Hulk! :eek:

Or get Kalou for the memories..... :o

<Shudders>

From the Mail, Terry is requesting a personal hearing from the FA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2183205/John-Terry-Anton-Ferdinand-racism-FA-charge-denied-Chelsea-captain.html
    John Terry has denied a Football Association charge of racially abusing QPR defender Anton Ferdinand and has requested a personal hearing.

The Chelsea captain was last month found not guilty of a racially-aggravated public order offence in relation to the same incident at Westminster Magistrates' Court but faces sanctions from the FA after being charged last week.

A statement on the FA's website said: 'John Terry has today denied an FA charge of using abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour, which included a reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race, towards Queens Park Rangers' Anton Ferdinand.

'The Chelsea player has requested a personal hearing, the date of which will be set in due course

Both, but if I had to pick I'd take Moses.

Considerably less money spent, younger and more likely to accept the rotation he'd find himself invovled in.

errrr de bruyne has a "buy out option"??:eek:

http://www.werder.de/en/aktuell/news/40393.php

SV Werder Bremen have secured the services of Belgian international Kevin de Bruyne as the 21-year-old offensive midfielder leaves Chelsea with immediate effect and moves to Werder on loan until 30 June 2013 with a buy-out option. Werder board chairman Klaus Allofs confirmed Thursday morning the loan of de Bruyne after he passed the physical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

SV Werder Bremen have secured the services of Belgian international Kevin de Bruyne as the 21-year-old offensive midfielder leaves Chelsea with immediate effect and moves to Werder on loan until 30 June 2013 with a buy-out option. Werder board chairman Klaus Allofs confirmed Thursday morning the loan of de Bruyne after he passed the physical

a buy out option???? What the **** are we playing at:confused::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Mata will be back training next tuesday. He will be ready to go for the new season, can't wait to see him play with hazard.

I remember when asked, AVB said KDB was a club signing, not his. Robbie thinking the same and not worried about him?

• Advertisement

I cant wait to see Mata Oscar Hazard Marin and Torres.

Exciting times ahead this season.

Amen to that bro!
    What time is the friendly kicking off at tommorrow?

Coverage starts at 2:30 K/O is 3pm.

Im hoping to see our strongest possible XI start in the game tomorrow.

Cole said he wants more minutes so hopefully all the main guys get a good 70-75 minutes.

I looking forward to the game today. I hope Marin and hazard start and get a good hour under the belt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The reliable(IMO) Duncan Castles posted this earlier
    #PSG now saying both privately and publicly that the club has completed its business in the summer transfer market.
    Asked about a move for Ashley Cole, who has just a year left on his Chelsea contract, Carlo Ancelotti replied 'Our market is closed'. The left back is in an intriguing position, having been determined surplus to requirements by Roman Abramovich last season before delivering some of his best performances at during Chelsea's run to a Champions League and FA Cup double. His age, and his already high salary, run counter to the club's strategy of rationalising their wage bill and lowering the squad's average age.
    PSG appear unconcerned by either factor, spending over €60m on the transfer fees of Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva (soon to be 31 and 28), and committing themselves to huge net salaries just as France's highest tax rate is set to rise. Barcelona, who courted Thiago Silva for months, are just one club bemused by their recent actions.

• Advertisement

buy out option refers to a re-call clause in the contract I believe, we'd have to buy out the loan to re-call him!

amiable wrote: »
    The reliable(IMO) Duncan Castles posted this earlier

Dont think we'll see Cole leave. If anything he'll probably be offered an extension wirh a drop of wages but not massively and he'd be silly not to accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Dont think we'll see Cole leave. If anything he'll probably be offered an extension wirh a drop of wages but not massively and he'd be silly not to accept it.

Agreed. Cole hinted at it on twitter yesterday.
    Duncan Castles is a great follow for anyone on twitter interested in transfers.
    He interacts with followers too and will often answer questions as best as possible.

Just watching the Olympics and ex chelsea youth player Adam Gemili came second to Powell in the 100m at 10:15s.

Thats impressive.

amiable wrote: »
    Agreed. Cole hinted at it on twitter yesterday.
    Duncan Castles is a great follow for anyone on twitter interested in transfers.
    He interacts with followers too and will often answer questions as best as possible.

Agreed on Duncan, doesnt say to much unless theres some truth in it. I still think Cole can do a job anyway and we'd be stupid to let his contract run out but the balls in his court. If he wanted to leave for free he'd be picked up by someone looking for a very experienced LB for 2,3 seasons.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement