Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Ha ha i know waht ya mean GAV but t be fair to the club they have to make as much revenue as possible to keep Fifa happy and if i can contribute to our club in any way i will.

HAving said that i have not bought my away jersey yet, i wana get the long sleeve one as i cant find it in stores i have to buy it on line and its a fortune from the Chelsea website so suppose i cant win :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

what a day wrote: »
    Ha ha i know waht ya mean GAV but t be fair to the club they have to make as much revenue as possible to keep Fifa happy and if i can contribute to our club in any way i will.

HAving said that i have not bought my away jersey yet, i wana get the long sleeve one as i cant find it in stores i have to buy it on line and its a fortune from the Chelsea website so suppose i cant win :p

I've bought the new home jersey from the Club shop so thats what they'll get off me for jersies, especially if they release a " star version " of the current UCL kits.

If ya want the long sleeve jersey go to prodirectsoccer.com they're usually good for picking up the long sleeves and may save ya some money over the megastore.

I've no problem supporting the club in buying tickets and I usually buy a jersey and training top when I'm over but if they try and add a star down the line then I for one wont be buying, its totally taking advantage of people, especially parents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Actually, there are a couple of options with the gold star. There's the UCL 2011/12 Winners range shirt, which has a gold star on the front and "Champions of Europe" printed on the back. Retails for £66.63.

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_details.aspx?pid=115436

Then there's the UCL 2011/2012 Winners range shirt with personalized back, which also has a gold star on the back and which for some reason is actually cheaper at £56.37.

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_details.aspx?pid=115565

Then there's the UCL 2012/2013 kit - the one that Sgt P linked to - which doesn't have the gold star but does have the badge on the sleeve and retails at £57.40.

http://www.chelseamegastore.com/stores/chelsea/products/product_details.aspx?pid=118574&cid=33030

There are some things I don't understand - why is a personalized shirt cheaper than a non-personalized one? Also, if you toggle between the three different shirts above, they're all the same design. I could maybe understand it if there was some kind of UEFA ruling that said - for example - you can't put on your star on shirts until your reign as champions is over, but that doesn't explain why shirts that are identical to the ones for 2012/13 campaign have the star.

If I were rack my brains and to take the wildest of guesses, I'd say that you can't place a star on your official kit while you're still reigning champions, so Chelsea are getting around this by keeping the same style for 2 seasons in a row and labelling one line as the 2011/12 kit, so they can put whatever they like on it, since it's not bound by UEFA rules. As since it's identical to the 2012/13 shirt, fans have their gold-starred current shirt and Chelsea get round the rules.

Oscar with another assist tonight. Bargain. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Oscar with another assist tonight. Bargain. :pac:

He does look class alright. Could well be value for money when you see the prices been talked about for lucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

duploelabs wrote: »
    Graham Le Saux pass the link on?

MUSEIST wrote: »
    He does look class alright. Could well be value for money when you see the prices been talked about for lucas.

With Oscar we probably have the 2nd best Brazilian in the squad after Neymar, going on all the performances so far in the Olympics.
    Bargain.

Lucas and Oscar are different players completely but i do agree, it looks like we bought the second best player from this Brazil squad. Looks like a real gem so far and delighted with what iv seen of him so far.

I think with the way he plays he would be a better number 10 then Mata and Hazard. Id like to see Mata moved to the right hand side of Oscar and keep Hazard on his left. Looking forward to having a full squad back and seeing how we gell together.

Wigan still looking for ten million for moses :eek:
    I hope we walk away and tell Victor we will be back for him next season or January, get him for little or nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Anyone know what channel the Community Shield is on?

Doesn't seem to be on Sky

Lucas and Oscar are different players completely but i do agree, it looks like we bought the second best player from this Brazil squad. Looks like a real gem so far and delighted with what iv seen of him so far.

I think with the way he plays he would be a better number 10 then Mata and Hazard. Id like to see Mata moved to the right hand side of Oscar and keep Hazard on his left. Looking forward to having a full squad back and seeing how we gell together.

Wigan still looking for ten million for moses :eek:
    I hope we walk away and tell Victor we will be back for him next season or January, get him for little or nothing.

Well I'm not discounting Pato, Hulk, T.Silva, Ganso but Oscar has ahd a good Olympics.

Hopefully he can hit the ground running, like Mata and have an outstanding season.

I'm sure Whelan will drag it out until he gets what he wants and run to the media at every opportunity given us all an update.

We should cut or loses on trying to deal with Wigan and Whelan at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

thebison wrote: »
    Anyone know what channel the Community Shield is on?

Doesn't seem to be on Sky

ITV1 and ITV1HD only I think

Sunday 12th August 2012 Sun 12th Aug Chelsea v Man City FA Community Shield 13:30 ITV1 / ITV1 HD

oh and Super Cup is

Friday 31st August 2012
    Fri 31st Aug Chelsea v Atletico Madrid UEFA Super Cup 19:45 ITV1 / ITV1 HD / Sky Sports 2 / Sky Sports 2 HD

Weird its not on Sky. :confused:

Well I suppose we'll have to wait until Wigan away the following week to see Chelsea on Sky.

No doubt anything other then a 6-0 win will result in the media saying we've spent to much, signed the wrong players/manager blah blah.

Cant wait really. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

UK soccer shop can be quite good as well, not sure how much a long sleeve one normally costs always go for a short sleeve myself but a linky below if you have not used them.

http://www.uksoccershop.com/categories/1_196_955.html

UK soccer shop can be quite good as well, not sure how much a long sleeve one normally costs always go for a short sleeve myself but a linky below if you have not used them.

http://www.uksoccershop.com/categories/1_196_955.html

Long sleeve is €65 + €7.50 P&P.

Prodirectsoccer.com is :

Long sleeve €66 + €4.75 P&P.

Not much of a difference really. :pac:

• Advertisement

Long sleeve is €65 + €7.50 P&P.

Prodirectsoccer.com is :

Long sleeve €66 + €4.75 P&P.

Not much of a difference really. :pac:

Yea bit much of a muchness there, like a lot of sites sometimes have good special offers so good to keep an eye on for them.

Hulk to Zenit?

For that price they can keep him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2185251/Chelsea-lose-Hulk-race-Zenit-St-Petersburg-bid-Brazil-striker.html
    Chelsea look set to lose the race to sign Brazil striker Hulk with Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg ready to trump the European Champions with a £38million offer.
    Hulk, who has helped his country into the Olympic football final at Wembley, excelled for Porto last season and his reputation is reflected in a release clause of £80m. However, he is available for a 'cut-price' of £38m.
    But long-term admirers Chelsea are refusing to budge from their valuation of £30m, allowing Zenit to nip in, according to The Mirror.

Kakuta could be used in any deal with Marseille for AL. ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/07/chelsea-marseille-cesar-azpilicueta?newsfeed=true

A fee has yet to be agreed but both sides are keen to conclude a deal as the new season edges ever closer.
    Azpilicueta, who was signed from Osasuna two years ago for about £5.8m and was a member of Spain's squad at the Olympic Games, has been earmarked to replace José Bosingwa at Stamford Bridge after the Portuguese was released last month. The Marseille president, Vincent Labrune, confirmed earlier this week that a "very serious" offer had been submitted by the European champions for the 22-year-old, who is contracted until 2014, though that opening bid was deemed unsatisfactory.

However, dialogue is ongoing between the clubs with a view to striking a compromise after Azpilicueta made it clear his preference was to move to the Premier League.

The French club are interested in signing Gaël Kakuta from Chelsea and the 21-year-old could yet be used as a makeweight in any deal. The forward, who has spent time on loan at Fulham, Bolton Wanderers and Dijon, is on the fringes at Stamford Bridge and is expected to leave in search of first-team football before the start of the new season. Lyon are also interested in securing his services.

Thanks for the update on long sleeve shirts lads!
    Gona wait and see if we sign some one else before i decide to buy the shirt ;)

Your right Gav, im a big fan of Hulk and i think he would fit perfect into our squad but i would not like to see us giving in to Portos valuation. Same goes for Moses, we have been taken advantage of way too much.

Im sure Hulk will be putting pressure on Porto to deal with us since we are the Champions of Europe and have a few Brazilians in the squad already.
    Wo wants to play in Russia any way

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBsNgzQ6V9CnpCy71LRoq5GcmEb8UlkJCm_v0rZ4iJeZSIcjTGM-bEZ7o

Thanks for the update on long sleeve shirts lads!
    Gona wait and see if we sign some one else before i decide to buy the shirt ;)

Your right Gav, im a big fan of Hulk and i think he would fit perfect into our squad but i would not like to see us giving in to Portos valuation. Same goes for Moses, we have been taken advantage of way too much.

Im sure Hulk will be putting pressure on Porto to deal with us since we are the Champions of Europe and have a few Brazilians in the squad already.
    Wo wants to play in Russia any way

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBsNgzQ6V9CnpCy71LRoq5GcmEb8UlkJCm_v0rZ4iJeZSIcjTGM-bEZ7o

You could always get the jersey printed at most Lifestyle Sports for any name and 1 number for €10 or a name and 2 numbers for €12 after you get the jersey.

Alot of Brazilians make the move to Russia though, well Brazilians coming straight from Brazil, I dont know why but maybe Aquila can shed some light on it, could be something to do with work permits.

Plus Zenit are fairly flush with the bobs anyway and are usually pushing for UCL every season, I think if he goes their it will be a side ways move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Today in italy SportMediaset (reliable source) said Chelsea and Napoli already started negotiation on Cavani.
    Chelsea offered 30m euro, Napoli could sell for 35/40m (euro)

Link here http://translate.goo...ved=0CFoQ7gEwAA

Napoli will sell but only once they egt the right price for him and they'll hold out for the most they can get for him.

He played wide right at times at thje Olmypics and he wasnt great.

A bit more on Hulk.

From ESPN.

Wealthy Russian club Zenit St Petersburg have been reported to offer £40 million for the Brazilian, which does not meet the Portuguese outfit's valuation of their main asset. "I have not heard about a bid from Zenit, but at £40 million I cannot see Porto selling," an ESPN source stated on Wednesday.

"I know Chelsea have been linked with Hulk all summer, in fact all year. But Chelsea have never negotiated. Chelsea know the price and are not prepared to even negotiate around those sort of figures." Porto will only sell for a reported £60 million, pricing most suitors out of the market. While his buy-out clause is set at £85 million, which shows the limited flexibility of the Portuguese outfit. If Porto are to sell Hulk, they will need to massively decrease the Brazilian's valuation to entice Chelsea to the negotiation table, but it seems unlikely they are willing to allow the striker to depart the club.

If they want £60 Million for Hulk they can go fly, hes not worth half that, good luck trying to get a team to pay that.

They obviously dont want to sell so fair enough really cant blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Hi all I have being following this forum for a while, I have been a Chelsea fan since around the start of Gullit's reign looking forward to posting here. Quick question to start does Oscar have to be included in our squad of 25 or is he young enough to be excluded?

As far as I'm aware he'll still be 20 when the registration comes up so he wont have to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

A bit more on Hulk.

From ESPN.

If they want £60 Million for Hulk they can go fly, hes not worth half that, good luck trying to get a team to pay that.
    I like the way we're hanging loose on Hulk. In a similar vein, RM are refusing to meet Levy's valuation of Modric. Both Porto and Spurs stand to have key unmotivated players in their squads for want of being unrealistic.

In particular Spurs may well have already peaked as a force, and their season could fall apart quite quickly if the Modric affair is allowed to poison their dressing room.

OK no-one has a right to sign either player, but both seem ready to move on. Hulk to Zenit? I doubt it. But are Chelsea really interested anymore anyway?

I dont think we do need him at the moment anyway. Not with the players we've bought in, he'd be a nice assist but nkt for the reported prices.

I see ya Utd have lost out on another player but PSG are really assembling a dangerous squad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

McDave wrote: »
    I like the way we're hanging loose on Hulk. In a similar vein, RM are refusing to meet Levy's valuation of Modric. Both Porto and Spurs stand to have key unmotivated players in their squads for want of being unrealistic.

In particular Spurs may well have already peaked as a force, and their season could fall apart quite quickly if the Modric affair is allowed to poison their dressing room.

OK no-one has a right to sign either player, but both seem ready to move on. Hulk to Zenit? I doubt it. But are Chelsea really interested anymore anyway?

Its about time , the silly money has to stop ,

60 Million for Hulk , get out of it !

50 Million for Torres , stupid !

45 Million for this Moura Kid , Come off it !

I could go on and on with the list , things were just going too far and Im glad to see we wont be held to ransom

• Advertisement

Its about time , the silly money has to stop ,

60 Million for Hulk , get out of it !

50 Million for Torres , stupid !

45 Million for this Moura Kid , Come off it !

I could go on and on with the list , things were just going too far and Im glad to see we wont be held to ransom

Im delighted Utd didnt stomp up the money, partly because I think Moura isnt worth 45 million and partly because it means they wont be getting a good player.

A few bits this morning.

Napoli are in for Meireles and its mentioned Josh could go on loan.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2185620/Napoli-want-Raul-Meireles-Chelsea.html
    Napoli are in discussions to sign Chelsea's £8million-rated midfielder Raul Meireles, 29.

And Midfielder Josh McEachran, 19, is a loan target for Blackburn and Bolton.

Apparently we're upping our bid for Schurrle too.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2185636/Chelsea-raise-Andre-Schurrle-offer-20million.html
    Chelsea are preparing an improved bid for Bayer Leverkusen’s Andre Schurrle as Roman Abramovich continues his recruitment drive for young talent.
    Abramovich’s summer spree has been all about youth, with Marko Marin, 23, Eden Hazard, 21, and Oscar, 20, arriving at Stamford Bridge.
    The European champions are keen to add Marseille right back Cesar Azpilicueta, 22, and Wigan winger Victor Moses, 21, to a squad which has been rejuvenated over the last two years.
    Schurrle, 21, also remains a priority target, even though Leverkusen have not heard from Chelsea since their opening offer of £16million.

I would hope that Josh would play at a higher level than Blackburn or Bolton.

As an aside is there a fantasy footbaal league around here somewhere?

The Soccer Forum usually has one running every year.

He'd have to work his way into any team regardless and regular football is the best for him at this stage and if its Championship level then so be it, especially if he gets 30 + games.

Morning lads, welcome blue shamrock!

I read a piece this morning mentioning Di Matteo registering Piazon into our 25 man squad for this season so this will probably mean Oscar must also be registered. Not sure though.

Id love us to shign Shurrle, he is a quality player but i think he is best played as a striker rather than a winger. He likes to come in from the left like Torres and shoot on his good foot. TBH he reminds me of Torres in the way he plays and moves. Im just afraid if we sign him where would this leave Sturridge?

We have also been tipped to be after Cavani again, quaility player IMO and one of the best strikers in europe at the moment. Again i worry what happens if we did sign him? Cavani is a better striker than Torres so what would then hapen to Torres/Sturridge?. Im all for upgrading our squad but we have to be realistic and move on some players. With only one striker postition up for grabs with can only balance 3 strikers tops and that does not include Lukaku going on loan for the season.

Hulk is mad money and let Porto price him out of a move.

Lucas is a quality player but mad money and if he want to join PSG good luck to him, he will get on well with Pastore so.

I'd have picked Oscar over Moura everyday of the week anyway, only players I would have taken over Oscar would have been Ganso or Neymar but they'll end up in probably Italy and Spain respectively.

How much have PSG spent on transfers since the money came in? Must be 250-300 Million at this stage.

We all know who will probably leave and who should leave and if we do sign Schurrle or Cavani then I'm sure we'd find a club for Danny to balance the books a bit.

I would hope that Josh would play at a higher level than Blackburn or Bolton.

As an aside is there a fantasy footbaal league around here somewhere?

Here ya go grumpy

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056706203&page=1

Thanks Gav you're a gentleman, a scholar, and a judge of fine whiskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Thanks Gav you're a gentleman, a scholar, and a judge of fine whiskey

He's also a huer of a salesman so be careful round him. Fecker once tried to sell me my own shoes.

• Advertisement

Ye're all banned! Especially Panthro whos banned twice! :p

Ye're all banned! Especially Panthro whos banned twice! :p

The second banning is because I'm just too darn gorgeous yeah?
    Dam me and my sinful good looks!:D

So with the talk of bids in for Raul, what (if any) other more experienced mid fielders do we see being moved on?

Panthro wrote: »
    The second banning is because I'm just too darn gorgeous yeah?
    Dam me and my sinful good looks!:D

So with the talk of bids in for Raul, what (if any) other more experienced mid fielders do we see being moved on?

As they say in After Hours, Pics or GTFO. :P

Take your pick, Essien, Yossi, Malouda are all potential players to leave, they would have to be replace though if we chopped a few of them, especially at CM.

I can only see Ramires, Mikel and Lamps playing 25, 30 games this season in midfield of all the players in our squad.

Romeu might get some game time but not too much I reckon, which is annoying becasue he could be very good if played.

I really hope Malouda is shipped on sooner rather than later.
    I'd love to see Essien get near where he was prior to his injuries, but he looked awful slow in the few final games he played towards the end of last season.

I think we can let go of Yossi Malouda and Meireles with out having to replace any one. If we got rid of Essien on top of them we might find our selves short and aving to rely on Piazon filling in a role in midifield.

With Lamps, Mikel, Oriol and Ramires all able to play CM i think we are covered.......plus give Luiz a go in there :rolleyes:.

I think Oriol will get more game time this season. He was brillaint when we signed him and he picked up and injury that stalled his season. At his age he done well to play 20 odd games for us last season including his injury.

I know I said it a few times that it doesnt matter but I cant wait to see how we get on against City in moderatly competitive game this weekend.

However we line up should indicate to us who we're going to play for the season.

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    I really hope Malouda is shipped on sooner rather than later.
    I'd love to see Essien get near where he was prior to his injuries, but he looked awful slow in the few final games he played towards the end of last season.

Cant agree more Panthro!

I think we should cash in on the Bison as soon as we can. He is getting on and not near the player we first signed. Yes he is still a usefull player but we have to move him on considering his wages and the younger players that can do just as good a job. Mikel can provide his defensive power and Ramires can cover for his energy.

Malouda should never wear our shirt again IMO. He looks like he is not bothered and waiting on a move to a new club since before last season.

Malouda, Meireles, Yossi, Essien, Ferreira, Turnbull and Kakuata are all surplus to requirements IMO.

Anyone want to ring Carlo Ancellotti or PSG and offer them Essien for €20 million? :pac:

Tell them we'll throw in a free Kakuta and Malouda to sweeten the deal and any chance can we get Sakho off them if they want to balance their books a little.

:p

I know I said it a few times that it doesnt matter but I cant wait to see how we get on against City in moderatly competitive game this weekend.

However we line up should indicate to us who we're going to play for the season.

Im actually not looking forward to this game, from our preseason i dont think we are ready for City TBH. I hope we do well against them just so we can kick start our PL season, i couldn careless about the sheild.

I saw City play one or two preson games and they look very strong even playing one or two of their younsters.

The thing with Cith is though they havent really added to their squad and in doing so have less to work on.

We've added 3 potential starters to our squad, that wil have to get game time in at every opportunity in the near future to adapt to the squad.

Twitter rumours that Cesar Azpilicueta is a done deal except the medical

(Legal - Sgt Pepper denies all any responsibilty for any such rumours and should be entirely on the "my mate just text me" basis :D)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement