Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Twitter rumours that Cesar Azpilicueta is a done deal except the medical

(Legal - Sgt Pepper denies all any responsibilty for any such rumours and should be entirely on the "my mate just text me" basis :D)

I hope your buddy with the text is right, we really need a right back.

As for moving on Raul, Mal and Yossi anyways I guess. Stumbling block with Mal does seem to be money, if we cant sell him could we just loan him out and pay some of his wages. A little saved is better than nothing and it would at least mean he will not appear on a teamsheet anymore for us. Raul & Yossi would be decent enough back up but I would say they want more than that.

As for Ess heart says no head says yes time to move on but would not let the 4 go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Chelsea Rumours ‏@ChelseaRumours

Azpilicueta and Moses are apparently almost done deals. Confirmation could well come before Monday. #CFC

Also RMC radio are reporting it now. Done deal.

also, Raul, Yossi and Malouda near complete swap deal for Cavani

"You get 3 for 1 for a limited time!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Chelsea Rumours ‏@ChelseaRumours

Azpilicueta and Moses are apparently almost done deals. Confirmation could well come before Monday. #CFC

Also RMC radio are reporting it now. Done deal.

also, Raul, Yossi and Malouda near complete swap deal for Cavani

"You get 3 for 1 for a limited time!"

Probably 3 of those and €15 million for Cavani, that will never happen I reckon.

Hope we get Al sorted soon.

Nooooooooo :(

Dont rate him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Iv heard a rumour our deals for Moses and Ceasar should be done either tommorow or the weekend and also we are negociating a swap deal for Cavani, 27m plus Meireles.

Seems like we have Moses and Ceaser wrapped up but iv heard we will sign another striker also. Cavani, Hulk and Shurrle all still posiible targets.

I like Llonrente but i dont want us to sign him, dont think he would offer any thing we dont already have and Cavani is twice the striker Llorente is IMO.

what a day wrote: »
    Iv heard a rumour our deals for Moses and Ceasar should be done either tommorow or the weekend and also we are negociating a swap deal for Cavani, 27m plus Meireles.

Seems like we have Moses and Ceaser wrapped up but iv heard we will sign another striker also. Cavani, Hulk and Shurrle all still posiible targets.

I like Llonrente but i dont want us to sign him, dont think he would offer any thing we dont already have and Cavani is twice the striker Llorente is IMO.

That would put Cavani's evalution at somewhere north of €35 Million :eek:

I'd nearly rather giving Porto €40 million and keeping Meireles TBH.

Some usual facts about the Chairty Shield.
    Since the start of the Premier League (1992/93), only seven of the 20 Charity/Community Shield winners have gone on to win the league title.

However four of the last five winners of the Community Shield have gone on to win the Premier League the season after.

Chelsea have appeared in nine previous Charity/Community Shields, winning four and losing five.

The Blues have scored in all nine appearances in the traditional season curtain raiser, though they have only managed two clean sheets themselves.

Manchester City have lost five of their previous eight Charity/Community Shields, including a 3-2 defeat last season against Manchester United in which they were 2-0 up at half-time.

Of the nine current teams to have played in over five Charity/Community Shields, only Newcastle (17%) have a lower win percentage than Manchester City (38%) and Chelsea (44%).

The Citizens hold the record for the biggest post-war Charity Shield victory, hammering West Bromwich Albion 6-1 ahead of the 1968/69 campaign.

The last five meetings between Chelsea and Manchester City, all in the Premier League, have seen four penalties scored and three players sent off.

The last three meetings between the sides have all seen the winning goal scored in the last 15 minutes.

Carlos Tevez has scored six goals in seven previous domestic games against Chelsea (games with all Premier League clubs included).

Only Manchester United (six) have been involved in more Charity/Community Shield penalty shootouts than Chelsea (three), who have won one (2009) and lost two (1997 and 2007).

Chelsea have won none of their last four Community Shield matches in normal time (two defeats, two draws).

Seven of the last 10 Community Shield matches have been won by the side who finished top of the league the previous season.

I think everyone has been surprised by our transfer targets and signings.

Everyone expected Hamsik, Cavani etc. - in short the considered "cream" of the young europeans
    No one expected Marin, Oscar, Moses and Cesar!
    Only Hazard was the one every one hoped for

Still, Moses, Cesar and Oscar are still BIG names, if nothing else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Not reguarly but from watchig highlights off Serie A he scores all sorts of different goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I actually never seen much of Cavani until I heard everyone go on about how good he was, he's actually a brilliant player, as Gav said all his goals are different, he's a threat from anywhere, I think he'd actually be a great partner for Torres if we were to play two up front

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I reckon if Cavani joins it will change the dynamics of our team a lot. Torres and Cavani are simply too good to warm the bench so how do we accomadate them in a 4-2-3-1 formation?

The solution is probably to play 4-2-2-2 with the both of them up top but then how do we accomadate all of our attacking players? Its a tough one. It's been mentioned before that Cavani CAN play on the right but will he want to is the question?

Moses,Cesar,Cavani,Hazard,Oscar and Marin are all very young, exciting players so I cannot wait for next season. Well we have to sign 3 of them first butt I'm sure we'll get 2 of them at least.

If Cavani is signed it would be like last year 2 good strikers rotating but we really need one on fire and another rwady to come in. Last year we didnt have that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Cavani is signed it would be like last year 2 good strikers rotating but we really need one on fire and another rwady to come in. Last year we didnt have that at all.

But Drogs was old enough to be rotated and Torres was to inconsistent to be playing every game. If we have two strikers who are on form we can't be rotating them constantly, it'll feck up their morale.

Hopefully Cavani isn't some egotistical twat who will expect to play every single game.

The mirror says we're in for Lichtsteiner.
    Chelsea are lining up Juventus defender Stephan Lichtsteiner after seeing their pursuit of No.1 right-back target Cesar Azpilicueta stall

Lichtsteiner, 28, is a Swiss international right-back who played three seasons for Lazio before joining Juve last summer.
    He comes recommended and has been watched, and could be available for around £5m.

Chelsea have also hit the wall in their attempts to land Wigan winger Victor Moses, as the Latics insist they want £10m for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

That would be a bargain of the highest nature. One of the top RB's of 11-12.

We will sign both Moses and Ceasar. I just hope we dont pay the 10m for Moses, id rather wait and get him in january for less.

Cavani can play out wide but as we all know he is a striker and must play through the middle. I dont see Torres and Cavani playing together TBH, it will be one or the other.

Cavani is an awsome striker and as Gav says he scores all sorts of goals. A complete striker and perfect replacement for Drogba IMO. If we do end up signing Cavani i would fear for Torres and Sturridge, no room for 2 big egos on our bench and i could see Torres struggle to out play Cavani TBH.

Andre Shurrle may be the better option as he could be willing to play second fiddle to Torres this season.

G.K. wrote: »

But......
    A year older than Ivan, so would expect to play and be paid the same or more

Would leave us a problem with 2 players in the same position, both at their peaks and would both finish at the same time.

Whats happened to all the talk of Cesar deal being done

In short, be surprised if this is true

G.K. wrote: »

If we managed to potch him away from Juventus after winning Series A League and Copa Italia double I'd be surprised.

Especially if it was for such a low fee, one to watch though.

• Advertisement

Well Lukaku isnt going to fulham anyway, West Brom are the team been mentioned online and on Twitter.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2186264/West-Brom-want-Chelseas-Romelu-Lukaku-loan.html
    Chelsea's Romelu Lukaku is wanted on loan by West Brom after his agent Christophe Henrotay ruled out a deal with Fulham. 'I can assure you that Romelu is not going to Fulham,' Henrotay said.

I'd say Lichtsteiner but then again they're both modern attacking footballing fullbacks who offer more going forward then defensive, but that doesnt mean they're weak defenders.

I'd take Azpilicueta though if I had a choice, his age been the main determining factor in my decision.

Lads whats your predictions for the game on sunday?

Im looking forward to it but i must say i dont think we will win. ManCity have been looking good in preseason and we have looked toothless in attack and very shaky at the back.

I think we sill see a faimiliar defensive counter attacking Chelsea untill the likes of Oscar/Hazard bed into our squad and attempt a change in style of play.

On another note id just like to say il still sick to this day we did not sign Aguero instead of Torres!

Aguero's an excellent player but City had players better suited to get the best out of him then we had at the time. We probably would stuck him out wide left or right in the past.

I think we'll lose 2-1 but again, means nothing really.

We can have a Monkey style melt down if we dont beat Wigan away and Moses will probably get the winner. :pac:

Sky Sports preview of the friendly at the weekend. :p

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,,11065_3512902,00.html

The Community Shield traditionally marks the start of the English football season and, while this year's game risks being overshadowed by the London Olympics, this promises to be a fascinating insight into what lies ahead.

Not only is Sunday's clash at Villa Parkspacer.gif between the Premier League champions and FA Cup winners but Chelseaspacer.gif also double as the champions of Europe and after a summer of spending to make even City's owners wince these two could be the teams contesting major honours come May.
    Roberto Di Matteospacer.gif won trophies - and a permanent deal - by putting his senior professionals centre-stage. But with Didier Drogba gone and young talent such as Eden Hazard, Marko Marin and Oscar coming in, now he must oversee the transition that Andre Villas-Boas could not.

If that change goes smoothly then the Blues will expect to close the gap on a Manchester City side that has been strangely subdued in thr transfer market since winning a first league title in 44 years in such sensational circumstances on the final day of last season.

No major signings have been made with the focus instead on new contracts for manager Roberto Mancini and inspirational skipper Vincent Kompany,spacer.gif who is a doubt for the game due to a pre-season calf injury.
    After a period of startling upheaval at City, steady growth now appears to be the mantra coming out of the Etihad Stadium and with Carlos Tevezspacer.gif fully rehabilitated that policy could take the club further than they dare hope.
    Team news

A number of players in both squads were involved at Euro 2012 and several more were on Olympic duty earlier this month, with Chelsea's Oscar still contesting the medals with Brazil.

As a result, Mancini and Di Matteo have players at various stages of progression in their pre-season training programme and that will have a large bearing on the line-ups we see in Birmingham.

For the league champions, Gareth Barry is injured while David Silvaspacer.gif and Mario Balotellispacer.gif could be eased back after contesting the Euro 2012 final last month.

Micah Richards will not start after being involved for Great Britain at the Olympics so Pablo Zabaleta is set to continue where he left off as the first-choice right-back.

Chelsea are expected to name a strong defence given that John Terry and Ashley Colespacer.gif have been rested by Roy Hodgson for the midweek friendly against Italy, with the main decision being a straight choice between David Luiz and Gary Cahill.

Hazard is likely to start on the left but former Werder Bremenspacer.gif man Marin may have to settle for action off the bench.

Possible starting XIs

Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Mikel; Ramires, Lampard, Meireles, Hazard; Torres.

Man City: Hart; Zabaleta, K Toure, Lescott, Kolarov; Y Toure, De Jong; A Johnson, Tevez, Nasri; Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

dunno if this was posted but de bruyne got two assists the other day for werder
    and had a hand in a third

oh and a rabona in the same match

Thats why I was amaed we left him go out on loan when we need a guy that wants to take on players.

Oh well, hope De Bruyne can do the business on loan and comeback next year and break his way into the team.

I know what ya mean Gav but i suppose its for the best, he should get more games with Bremen and come back to us a better player.

I think he would struggle to get game time with us but having said that i think he is currently a better player than Piazon and yet Piazon may be named in our PL squad this season. I dont want Piazon sitting on the bench for the season, all players need to play weather its with reserves or another club they need to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Official, Lukaku has joined West Brom on a season-long loan

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2877749,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Hello lads, following this forum for 4 years but been unable to post in here as its taken me this long to reach my 50th post! Looking forward to the season ahead and delighted with the new signings! Anybody interested in setting up a private fantasy league for us Chelsea fans?

• Advertisement

Aquila wrote: »
    Any more on the Cavani rumours?

No, only that Napoli are in London talking to Chelsea, possibly about Raul.

Now we have only 2 recognised strikers on the books, I'd be amazed if Chelsea havent signed another striker by deadline day (and I think it could take until then)
    Hulk, Cavani, and Schurrie are the main names

I think Moses and a right back will also be added.

So it looks as if Hazard will be the only new face on Sunday and maybe for a few weeks after that.
    Right wing is still a bit of a problem. Seems its only Ramires or Danny. Neither is ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Have to confess, I'm probably a little surprised that the probable team for the Community Shield is basically last year's team plus Hazard. I assume Oscar will get a run in the team once he's over his Olympic exertions. It's not a friendly, but it's a good opportunity to blood some of the younger players.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised, as RDM made the big turn-around last season by reverting back to what he knew worked. We know Roman hankers after some of that Barecelona-style intricate passing, but that doesn't seem like a team set up for it. I suppose I should wait until we see the actual team sheet.

One thing they will have to get sorted out is simply how you play into the front men. Assume that Torres - and just for sheets and giggles Cavani - are the front men, then you'll get the best out of them by playing to feet, anticipating their runs. As long as Drogba was there, it was good enough to lump it up to a human battering ram who'd gather the ball and plough through towards goal. Even if RDM stays largely with the old guard (highly likely), then they still have to rework the forward play. The Community Shield and start of the season will tell the story quick enough.

No tike taka for us!

Roberto Di Matteo has vowed there would be no Chelsea revolution this season as he questioned the wisdom of trying to play like Barcelona.
    Di Matteo inspired the Blues to the greatest triumph in their history last term when he tore up former manager Andre Villas-Boas' blueprint for change and was rewarded with a Champions League and FA Cup double.
    Villas-Boas had been tasked by billionaire owner Roman Abramovich with transforming the way Chelsea played, the Russian said to have long held a dream of seeing 'Barcelona in blue shirts'.
    The attempt backfired spectacularly and caretaker boss Di Matteo was allowed to go back to basics to save the club's season.
    The £66million splashed out on the likes of Eden Hazard, Oscar and Marko Marin since the Champions League success suggest Abramovich remains determined to get Chelsea playing more attractively.
    But Di Matteo, whose appointment on a full-time basis was only confirmed after persistent reports linking the Blues with outgoing Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola, today hinted he would not fall into the same trap as Villas-Boas and try to change too much, too soon.
    "There won't be radical changes," he said.
    "Certainly, with the influence of the new players once they are integrated, they will be a bit different because they have different characteristics and abilities.
    "I know we need to win games as well.
    "But I don't think you can expect a completely different Chelsea overnight.
    "The majority of the team are still here and, with those players, the club have been very successful already."
    Di Matteo refused to be drawn on whether he had learnt from the mistakes of Villas-Boas, saying: "I don't really want to go back over that too much."
    But he added, tellingly: "I repeat myself - I don't think there'll be radical changes overnight here."
    That would appear to include not trying to force Chelsea's stars into a style of play that does not suit them.
    "Everybody would like to play like Barcelona, but the reality is there isn't another team in the world who play like them," Di Matteo said.
    "It's a culture, a way of life, a style they've produced through the club for many, many years.
    "The aim for a lot of teams and clubs is to get there.
    "But, as far as I'm concerned, there isn't one who plays like Barca. And there's only one Lionel Messi around."
    Despite the phenomenal character Chelsea showed en route to the Champions League, their negative tactics in victories over Barcelona and Bayern Munich were condemned in some quarters.
    Di Matteo launched a strong defence of his side's attacking performances in other matches, including thumping wins over Tottenham and QPR and insisted it was difficult to maintain that over the course of a whole season.
    Regardless of how Chelsea play, the number one priority once again this term will be to win silverware and Di Matteo declared his players were hungry for even more, starting with the Community Shield.
    Having finally won the Champions League - theirs and Abramovich's Holy Grail - the biggest danger for Di Matteo and his squad may be motivating themselves to do it all over again.
    But that was never likely at a club owned by the Russian.
    "His will to win has never decreased at any moment," Di Matteo said.
    "He wants to win, and he backs it up."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

I dont get why Moses is being brought into the club? if Nando dont do it for us this season then we dont really have a back up and i dont think Moses will be one to rely on, i hope im wrong but 9mill for him is a bit too much.

Aquila wrote: »
    We need Cavani,I'm not sure if Torres will do it for us this season....

I agree, but its tricky with Torres. He's very much a confidence player and needs a lot of assurances. Cavani would def be seen as a threat to him whereas someone like Schurrie wouldnt be

My worry is the right wing. We have no specialist right winger and not been linked to anyone. Its all about making players fit like Ramires or playing Danny who doesnt want to play there. Oscar will offer this option, but Chelsea have again signed a load of No10's and then making them fit in other positions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Oscar just missed a sitter for Brazil to send the final to extra time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

No tippy-tappy, fine. But if you're going to get the best out of Torres, it'll be sliding passes through that he can run onto. With Drogba, you can go aerial and get a result, or give it to him when he's static and his back is to goal. My worry is that haven't seen much to indicate that they've sorted out how to play with Torres as the main man. Mata seems on his wavelength and that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

amiable wrote: »
    Oscar just missed a sitter for Brazil to send the final to extra time
    It wasn't a sitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

It wasn't a sitter.

Not a sitter , - but a real scorable opportunity .- He needs to at least hit the target from that spot

Not a sitter , - but a real scorable opportunity .- He needs to at least hit the target from that spot

and so the back lash begins!

From another forum

"I went along to the kingstonian vs Chelsea XI match today down at kingsmeadow as it was local to me, and got talking to neil barnett and he informed me that chelsea asked porto about hulk back in january and when porto insisted they had to pay 100 million euros we immeadiately went off the player and haven't been back to them since and the rest is paper talk. He also said the club have agreed everything for moses and he will sign by tuesday latest for £9.5 million, as long as he passes a routine medical.
    He also said that the club see oscar as more of a long term project and said not to expect to see him playing every week, along with the fact he is to be played in the number 8 role rather than number 10. In other news he said mcerean will go on loan to middlesborough next week and lukaku chose west brom over fulham as he didn't get on with Jol on a previous occasion.

Very interesting, and the youngsters look good espically billy clifford, thorgan hazard and hutchinson ( who I must add is a brilliant bloke, stopped for pictures at full time and gave my little kid his boots with 'hutch' stitched in both, was really over the moon ! )"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Oscar and Hulk fantastic in the final today, thought Neymar was very wasteful, I suppose he was double-teamed at all times but never goes for the easy option!

Very happy that Lukaku headed out on loan for the year to a PL club, little bit worried by the amount of strikers they have but im hoping they'll offload one or two and he'll have a better shot, but then again if he's not able to get ahead of Long and Odemwinge then he's not good enough for us, so a fair test!

Also delighted with De Bruynes move to WB and the highlights of his games so far, looks class out, hope he comes back a star!

I agree with the people thinking that Cavani coming in would put Torres nose out of joint after the promise of being the main man, so id prefer Hulk as he'll play the right wing instead and would support Torres rather than look to take his spot, who cares how much it'll cost, he's a better fit for the team than Cavani!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

@CarloFan 2 mins
    RT @ChelsTransfer Chelsea have submitted a new offer of Napoli £24m plus Raul Meireles for Edison Cavani (Calciomercato) #CFC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Dundalk are playing a Chelsea XI on Tuesday night in Oriel Park at 7.00pm

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-v-chelsea-xi-august-14th

Any idea what type of players will be coming over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Hulk : "This could be the time for me to move," he said. "I would feel comfortable with moving clubs and the English league is one that appeals to me."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1132781/hulk:-this-could-be-the-time-to-move-to-england?cc=5739

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement