Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

James__10 wrote: »
    Dundalk are playing a Chelsea XI on Tuesday night in Oriel Park at 7.00pm

http://www.dundalkfc.com/dundalk-fc-v-chelsea-xi-august-14th

Any idea what type of players will be coming over?

this type

Confirmed as making the trip for the European Champions are :
    • Todd Kane, England under -19 international and part of Chelsea’s first team squad on recent trip to the USA
    • Nathan Ake, Dutch under-17 captain who guided his nation to European Championship glory
    • Billy Clifford, has seen first team action
    • George Saville, part of first team squad
    • Sam Walker, goalkeeper who saw action on loan last season.
    • Mitchell Beeney, goalkeeper. Son of former Leeds keeper of the 1990′s Mark.
    • Islam Feruz, Scottish under-21 international
    • John Swift, England under-17 international
    • Lewis Baker, England under-17 international
    • Patrick Bamford, England under-19 international
    • Amin Affane, Swedish under-18 international.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Cox has left West Brom for Forrest, thats one less striker for Lukaku to contend with!

LOL at all the Cavani rumours!

http://www.clubcall.com/serie-a/cavani-ready-for-chelsea-move-1452830.html

Honestly cant see us signing Hulk - Porto just wont budge on the asking price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

LOL at all the Cavani rumours!

http://www.clubcall.com/serie-a/cavani-ready-for-chelsea-move-1452830.html

Honestly cant see us signing Hulk - Porto just wont budge on the asking price

If we sign Moses then I cant see Hulk coming too, Id be happy with Moses and a RB, I think Sturridge will be able to do a job for us through the middle this season so another Striker is not necessary IMO

Caveman1 wrote: »
    If we sign Moses then I cant see Hulk coming too, Id be happy with Moses and a RB, I think Sturridge will be able to do a job for us through the middle this season so another Striker is not necessary IMO

VICTOR MOSES’ proposed move to Chelsea from Wigan is still in stalemate. The winger, rated by the Latics at £10million, has so far only attracted a £6m offer from Chelsea.

His agent Neil Fewings said: “Reports that a £9m deal has been agreed between Chelsea and Wigan is not true.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz23I8FXPy5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

VICTOR MOSES’ proposed move to Chelsea from Wigan is still in stalemate. The winger, rated by the Latics at £10million, has so far only attracted a £6m offer from Chelsea.

His agent Neil Fewings said: “Reports that a £9m deal has been agreed between Chelsea and Wigan is not true.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co...l#ixzz23I8FXPy5

Id say 10mil was a good price for Moses if it wasnt for his contract situation, Dave Whelan needs to get real, I can see Chelsea waiting till Jan and getting him for 4 mil or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

lads any one know who is showing the game today?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

what a day wrote: »

ITV I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

what a day wrote: »
    UTV from 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

ITV / ESPN. K/O 1:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

GavRedKing wrote: »
    ITV / ESPN. K/O 1:30
    ESPN are showing Hibs v Hearts, then liverpool, think its just utv

Thanks lads was about to cry there taught it was not been shown cause Utd were not involved for once..............the stress is mounting!!!

COME YOU BLUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torres hat trick today. :pac:

Torres hat trick today. :pac:

Torres has until deadline day to impress before we press the panic button!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Aquila wrote: »
    Hope we don't leak goals or give away stupid ones.i hope a better showing than preseason.
    Come on the blues!
    CAREFREE!!!!

I all honesty this is still just another pre-season game, Part of me wants us to get a hammering, get it out of the system and give us a kick up the arse so it doesn't happen again, then the other part of me wants to hammer city just for the sake of hammering city. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

the game was over as soon as ivanovich went off, we were struggling for possesion with 11 but with 10 the result is inevitable. At least torres looks very good.

Torres has been our best player.

• Advertisement

You see it's situations like these where I think our manager's weakness is. We went down to 10 men and changed very little, there wasn't really going to be any other outcome when he kept all those attack minded players out there on the pitch after Ivan's silly sending off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Torres has been our best player.

He has looked good. Was always going to be tough after the red card. Lets hope we can keep the score down now.

Lifeline.

But ya RDM should have brought on a defender at half tkme for Mata/Hazard but he was naive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Today's notes.
    1. If you want to win football matches it's best to keep 11 players on the pitch for as long as possible.
    2. I have a feeling torres will be alright this season.
    3. We need a Fuucking right back.
    4. Mikel needs football lessons

I think we will be fine come next weekend provided we keep the 11 on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Really need a right back at this stage. Ivan i thought be good but lately be doing more stupid things to be banned.
    Hope chelsea can get Danny into their system this year.
    Like to see a more attacking system against weaker teams this season with two up top with Mikel other lampard dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Aquila wrote: »
    Not as bad as I thought it could possibly be,but we give too much space,we defo need a center back and a right back think,Luiz is too much of a liability at times

Agree to an extent, but if Luiz isn't there, we have no pace at the back. Even before the sending off, city were the better footballing side. Thought hazard looked ok but not sure about mikel / lampard axis at the centre, seemed very slow and predictable. Anyway, the more important gamme is Wigan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

As said before the game was over after the red card, actually thought we looked okayish overall.

Good:
    -Torres looked pretty sharp, linking pretty well (still some poor touches though)
    -Hazard & Mata look very exciting
    -With 11v11 we were doing well

Bad:
    -Mikel was atrocious. Both defensively and going forward. Very worrying...
    -Discipline. Seems obvious but with so many yellows and a red we set ourselves up for trouble
    -Right back. I've been a big fan of Ivan at times but at the very least we need competition for that role. No player should be guaranteed a spot.
    -Ramires. I didn't think he looked great at all, still very much off the pace (albeit pre-season). With him and Ivan on one side compared to Ashley and Hazard/Mata on the other there's an absolute gulf in class on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

As said before the game was over after the red card, actually thought we looked okayish overall.

Good:
    -Torres looked pretty sharp, linking pretty well (still some poor touches though)
    -Hazard & Mata look very exciting
    -With 11v11 we were doing well

Bad:
    -Mikel was atrocious. Both defensively and going forward. Very worrying...
    -Discipline. Seems obvious but with so many yellows and a red we set ourselves up for trouble
    -Right back. I've been a big fan of Ivan at times but at the very least we need competition for that role. No player should be guaranteed a spot.
    -Ramires. I didn't think he looked great at all, still very much off the pace (albeit pre-season). With him and Ivan on one side compared to Ashley and Hazard/Mata on the other there's an absolute gulf in class on the ball.

Agree with all of this. Ivanovic looked off the pace even before the late tackle. City kept getting in behind him and it was only David Luiz's pace that bailed us out on a few occasions. Then, in the second half, they did the same on our left.

I know it's City, and playing with ten men is difficult, but we shouldn't be allowing any team that much joy down the wings.

Overall, though, I'm happy with the performance, and the players I was unsure about looked the business. So still optimistic!

• Advertisement

re luiz you don't need pace, you just need to look around and mark a man, re citys third goal. luiz just moved into space marking ahem space!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

re luiz you don't need pace, you just need to look around and mark a man, re citys third goal. luiz just moved into space marking ahem space!
    Terry was awful today too even before the sending off IMO.
    Chelsea badly need a new Centre back that can dominate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

That was pretty woegeous alright. But overall, he was the most effective defender throughout the day, and spent a lot of team cleaning up after his team-mates.

Mikel was like Meireles today and instesd of playing simple balls tried the killer pass that often found no one, he got caught plenty of timed to. Romeu might getchances in there yet.

Ivanovic confirmed my suspicions, he aint a fullback, for thecard he was caught very central and had to dive into to recover. New RB asap please.

Luiz was our best defender as he was the only one chasing loose balls.

JT was crap today and didnt organise as much as he should have.

Mata and Hazard played ok but they need a few games to work together.

Ramires was out of his depth on the right and is ineffective, swap him with Mikel for pace and box to box type energetic player that can work with Lamps.

Torres was good against the best CB in the league and won a few battles even when he shouldnt have.

We lost our 1st choice RB early on and didnt replace him, RDM should know that City would have went for it and he wasnt pro active.

Also its only the community shield so it doesnt matter really. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

If Ivanovic is banned for our PL game then I reckon his sending-off might actually be a good thing as it may force us to push on and sign Cesar because we don't really have any liable options other than Essien. Chalobahs too inexperienced yet.

• Advertisement

TheStook wrote: »
    If Ivanovic is banned for our PL game then I reckon his sending-off might actually be a good thing as it may force us to push on and sign Cesar because we don't really have any liable options other than Essien. Chalobahs too inexperienced yet.

Sam Hutchinson?

My assessment.
    Now this is going to be a moan, but bear with me as I try and be constructive

First off, can anyway explain to me why a team with unlimited resources and a manager who talks about wing play, still hasnt signed any actual wingers?
    Why do we persist in trying to fit No 10's out wide and the most obvious one, a box to box midfielder out on the right?
    I just dont get it? We have the money so why not just buy proper wingers. Not wingers who are really strikers, but wingers like Man U have?

Second - Midfield. We need a tiger, an animal, a beast to win the ball back.
    Like Essien used to do. Now we have a very poor Mikel and Lamps (again who's main strength is arriving in the box at the right time and scoring - yep almost like a No 10!)

Third - Defence. Seriously. Luiz? Ran about like headless chicken, some very dodgy tackles, marked space for the third goal, was far too much forward for some of the game. Does good things and then does bad things.
    JT wasnt much better, but this central partnership just doesnt convince.
    Maybe Cahill would be better, but he is slower than Luiz.
    Every defence needs consistantcy and that is not Luiz's middle name. His middle name is "unpredictable" and "entertaining" and thats what you want your forwards to be.

We have too many No 10's. Hazard is not the answer on the left as he just wants to drift inside - easily sussed out by the opposition, who will just show him the other way. Mata ended up being pulled over to the right because of this and Ramires was just missing too much from the right

So I say
    Play Marin when fit, at least he is a natural left winger.
    Play Mata or hazard central, not both at the same time
    Buy a right winger
    Buy a solid boring defender
    Buy a bloody right back - christ stop messing about trying to save 2 million or so when you waste it on young talent shipped out on loan!
    Buy a proper midfielder, like Fellaini or Victor Wanyama

Go win the league!

Sgt, passionate post...but give it time. Not many teans play with width and if we bought a right legged winger and lumped balls in we'd lose 75% of aerial battles, Torres is no Drogba so wingers that get crosses in arent a neccesity we just need a footballer who knows when to go to the by line and when to come back for support or go inside. Ramires os very one driecrional, which is good for CM but not in a wode support role.

Luiz has to play at CB for the time being, but id rayher throw him RB and move Cahill to CB for the Wigan game.

Rodwell went to City, would have been an excellent choice to play CM for the price been mentioned.

We still need a CF for cover / compete as we seen Danny brought on out wide mainly coz we were down to 10.

We'll be grand this year. This is the year to rebuild and fine form amd a playing style and hopefully we finish top 4 to go with it because City will be hard to catch this year.

Sgt, passionate post...but give it time. Not many teans play with width and if we bought a right legged winger and lumped balls in we'd lose 75% of aerial battles, Torres is no Drogba so wingers that get crosses in arent a neccesity we just need a footballer who knows when to go to the by line and when to come back for support or go inside. Ramires os very one driecrional, which is good for CM but not in a wode support role.

Luiz has to play at CB for the time being, but id rayher throw him RB and move Cahill to CB for the Wigan game.

Rodwell went to City, would have been an excellent choice to play CM for the price been mentioned.

We still need a CF for cover / compete as we seen Danny brought on out wide mainly coz we were down to 10.

We'll be grand this year. This is the year to rebuild and fine form amd a playing style and hopefully we finish top 4 to go with it because City will be hard to catch this year.

Good point about the difference about wingers and width. I must admit I never thought about it like that

• Advertisement

Good point about the difference about wingers and width. I must admit I never thought about it like that

Will if we kept Drogba or Lukaku then a good winger woulf work, alternatively if we got a good attckig FB then they could provide the width when Hazard and the like move in field.

Im with you though Id still like a winger just for a decent option and something different. Mata and Hazard can glide past people but their next choice is either to slip someone in or take on a shot, they're very rarely going to go down the outside for a cross but theycan do it ifneeded.

I cant wait for the Wigan game, hopefully we can put a few past them and RDM has to work on defensive positioning and marking for the next few weeks as if our foreardplayers cant score it wont help if we cant keep out goals.

Was very disapointed in todays performance, we could not keep the ball for more then 15 seconds. Even Cech continues to kick the ball up field, to who?? 4th Mata and Hazard. Very poor passing today and you could see that was our game plan. Mikel and Ivan were terrible today even before his sending off the amount of times Luiz had to race back and cut out the attacker.

The best points from todays game was it higlighted our poor right hand side. We need a right back and a right winger/midfielder. Malouda didnt get a look in.

Mikel should have been taken off for Essien or Cahill and move Luiz to RB.
    City could have and should have scored more!
    We need a new CB too, only problem is we have some good youth in the CB position like Chalobha Kalas etc coming through. Neither Luiz nor Terry were marking up for Nasris goal, poor defending.

The club has to get on with it and sign Ceasar Azpilicueta and get it over with. As i mentioned before Ivan is a decent RB but was shocking today and id like to see Luiz play in front of our back four instead of Mikel. We have to give Luiz and Ramires a go at CDM. Only thing is we have no one else to play right Midfield and we would be left short at CB then.

Torres and Sturridge looked good. Mata and Hazard look good together, once they click with Cole we should be very good down the left.

I cant wait for when we drop actual points this season then the melt down posts will fly in. :pac:

We were poor in parts and good in others but largely we were poor, playing with 10 men for 50 mins will do that though.

The main positive is Torres looks more comfprtable on the ball and his awareness and decision making has improved since last season when he would have fell over or ran into a tackle, he looks fired up to and willing to put in the effort and he took his goal well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

I cant wait for when we drop actual points this season then the melt down posts will fly in. :pac:

We were poor in parts and good in others but largely we were poor, playing with 10 men for 50 mins will do that though.

The main positive is Torres looks more comfprtable on the ball and his awareness and decision making has improved since last season when he would have fell over or ran into a tackle, he looks fired up to and willing to put in the effort and he took his goal well.
    We'll be dropping points alright. The more constructive among us though will be hoping Chelsea have a full deck of cards and are making progress in integrating some of the new boys by Christmas. If we're sitting pretty in the UCL and in the top 4, we'll have few grounds for complaint.

McDave wrote: »
    We'll be dropping points alright. The more constructive among us though will be hoping Chelsea have a full deck of cards and are making progress in integrating some of the new boys by Christmas. If we're sitting pretty in the UCL and in the top 4, we'll have few grounds for complaint.

Course we will, we'll drop points when we shouldnt but we'll also win points from situation when we shouldnt have.

The squad had a busy summer and we wont be up to speed until about 6 games on id say then we'll see how the squad is going when we have to play Newcastle, Arsenal and Spurs all in quick order.

Brana gets a 3 match ban then?

Plus Danny is out of Englands friendly with a toe injury.
    All our short comings are being exposed

How can a professional monied club plan so badly?

He'll probably be alright for wigan though!

Think the red counts alright for the season.

International friendlies 3/4 days before the start of the season is silly, hopefully all players getthrough them fine.

We have 18/19 days left for the transfer winfows we'll be adding more dont worry lads.

LAds it was only an extended pre-season game...
    My assessment.
    Now this is going to be a moan, but bear with me as I try and be constructive

First off, can anyway explain to me why a team with unlimited resources and a manager who talks about wing play, still hasnt signed any actual wingers?
    Why do we persist in trying to fit No 10's out wide and the most obvious one, a box to box midfielder out on the right?
    I just dont get it? We have the money so why not just buy proper wingers. Not wingers who are really strikers, but wingers like Man U have?

Second - Midfield. We need a tiger, an animal, a beast to win the ball back.
    Like Essien used to do. Now we have a very poor Mikel and Lamps (again who's main strength is arriving in the box at the right time and scoring - yep almost like a No 10!)

Third - Defence. Seriously. Luiz? Ran about like headless chicken, some very dodgy tackles, marked space for the third goal, was far too much forward for some of the game. Does good things and then does bad things.
    JT wasnt much better, but this central partnership just doesnt convince.
    Maybe Cahill would be better, but he is slower than Luiz.
    Every defence needs consistantcy and that is not Luiz's middle name. His middle name is "unpredictable" and "entertaining" and thats what you want your forwards to be.

We have too many No 10's. Hazard is not the answer on the left as he just wants to drift inside - easily sussed out by the opposition, who will just show him the other way. Mata ended up being pulled over to the right because of this and Ramires was just missing too much from the right

So I say
    Play Marin when fit, at least he is a natural left winger.
    Play Mata or hazard central, not both at the same time
    Buy a right winger
    Buy a solid boring defender
    Buy a bloody right back - christ stop messing about trying to save 2 million or so when you waste it on young talent shipped out on loan!
    Buy a proper midfielder, like Fellaini or Victor Wanyama

Go win the league!

speechless.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

DOOM AND GLOOM!

We will be relegated probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

paulo ferreira is grand for a back up right back. He'll do for another year or two if Cesar doesnt get signed.

REALLY really to drop Mikel though. PLay Ramires in there and play Oscar/Marin/Sturridge out right and its sorted...

Also, not sure if Lamps is better suited to playing off Torres or playing alongside Mikel...

Chelsea miss his goals, but he doesnt have the legs as he once did...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement