Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Utd
    Van Persie
    Rooney
    Wellbeck
    Hernandez
    Berbatov

City
    Aguero
    Tevez
    Balotelli
    Dzeko

Chelsea
    Torres
    Sturridge

At the moment we are not even close to the manchester clubs in terms of firepower, not even close:(

....and people actually think we have a chance of winning the title, LOL

Surely united will be parting ways with some of their strikers.
    Personally I would prefer if Chelsea strengthened the striker position with an established premier league striker such as Berbatov or Hernandez instead of splashing out huge money for a big name striker with no prem experience like Cavani.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We cant be signing players like Berbatov and Chico. Have to buy for the future and I'd rather Cavani or Moses then eithrr of the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We cant be signing players like Berbatov and Chico. Have to buy for the future and I'd rather Cavani or Moses then eithrr of the above.

Yes I understand this but I think Chelsea are in a difficult position with regards to signing a striker at the moment. We already have a lot invested in the future with Lukaku and Sturridge and if Torres is ever going to justify his price tag it is now.

While we certainly need a new striker for the season ahead with only Torres and Sturridge available atm I'm not sure this is the time to be sign another marquee name like Cavani. I would rather Chelsea signed an experienced Prem league striker to allow Lukaku time to develop.

Moses could be a decent option though as he could probably cover a few positions in the Chelsea team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

kingtubby wrote: »
    Yes I understand this but I think Chelsea are in a difficult position with regards to signing a striker at the moment. We already have a lot invested in the future with Lukaku and Sturridge and if Torres is ever going to justify his price tag it is now.

While we certainly need a new striker for the season ahead with only Torres and Sturridge available atm I'm not sure this is the time to be sign another marquee name like Cavani. I would rather Chelsea signed an experienced Prem league striker to allow Lukaku time to develop.

Moses could be a decent option though as he could probably cover a few positions in the Chelsea team.

IMO Hulk really would be the best option for us.
    He's a natural right sided player, scores goals for fun and can play up front if need be.
    Wouldnt upset our 2 other strikers much, and Rami can get back to midfield where he belongs

HULK all the way for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

I'm not sure about Moses don't think he is much better than Sturridge, what about Lorente has turned down a new deal with his club would add a different option than Torres

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Utd
    Van Persie
    Rooney
    Wellbeck
    Hernandez
    Berbatov

City
    Aguero
    Tevez
    Balotelli
    Dzeko

Chelsea
    Torres
    Sturridge

At the moment we are not even close to the manchester clubs in terms of firepower, not even close:(

....and people actually think we have a chance of winning the title, LOL

Which will make it even more sweet when Torres and Danny power us to the title! :D

Remember its still 11 vs 11 and Barca had Messi and co coming at us and look what happened there!

Carefree!

Man Utd supporting buddy : Why didnt your lot go after RVP?
    Me : Hes 29, no value in his transfer for us I reckon.
    Buddy : So if ye were offered him you'd turn him down? :confused:
    Me : Yes, not for the reported fee and wages, I wouldnt touch him.
    Buddy : Hes the best player in the league though.
    Me : ..............................................ok so, talk to ya later.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Ah now Gav, he is a bit of a weapon of a striker, and it's well the Chelsea defence knows at this stage!:pac:

I'd rather spend it on a guy who hasnt had a good 18 months in the last 8 years. :p

If its £24 milliion and 150K a week then we could get Cavani for something similar and hes 4/5 years younger I know where my money would be spent. ;)

• Advertisement

Oh I'm not disputing the money side of things, it is a lot for a 29 year old no doubt! But at the same time, he is up there among the best I think, and if he were to stay injury free...A Rooney and Van Persie partnership up front...Sweet Jesus..

If only they had Oscar, Hazard, Mata to supply them then I'd be scared.

We'll keep Fatman and Robin quite when we meet them, dont worry. :p

If only they had Oscar, Hazard, Mata to supply them then I'd be scared.
    Yeah sure...Nani, Valencia, Young, Kawaga..useless!:pac:
    We'll keep Fatman and Robin quite when we meet them, dont worry. :p

Hah!:D
    Hope that sticks!

Panthro wrote: »
    Yeah sure...Nani, Valencia, Young, Kawaga..useless!:pac:

Glad you agree, 3 wingers and an AM but not a sniff of a CM :D

Hah!:D
    Hope that sticks!

It should, I might post it over in the Arsenal thread try and cheer them up a tad.

Here ya go, Fatman and Robin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcLIsrrm_SUOvDzNl1i9DmLZZqOt4DD8RAmaJ3-gEbBue0Lg4k

You are a brave wan this morning gav!

• Advertisement

You are a brave wan this morning gav!

I'll wait for the flood of reported posts before backing down. :p
    Or hope people see it as what it is, banter. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

What about Defoe ?

Techless wrote: »

What about Defoe ?
    Defoe?!
    AVB would go wobbly altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

I have to admit I didnt think Utd would be in the shake up this year, but if they get the same van Persie as last season well then its a whole different ball game, it actually shows how weak we are up top compared to the other teams although I believe RDM will recognise that and bring in another striker.

The transfer window seems to be hotting up a bit now so hopefully we'll bring in the rest of our targets soon.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    I have to admit I didnt think Utd would be in the shake up this year, but if they get the same van Persie as last season well then its a whole different ball game, it actually shows how weak we are up top compared to the other teams although I believe RDM Abromivich will recognise that and bring in another striker.

The transfer window seems to be hotting up a bit now so hopefully we'll bring in the rest of our targets soon.

Fixed that for ya. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Glad you agree, 3 wingers and an AM but not a sniff of a CM :D

Even in your post there was no CM. Mata, Hazard and Oscar (closest to CM) :pac:

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Even in your post there was no CM. Mata, Hazard and Oscar (closest to CM) :pac:

If anything we have to MANY CM's, now I'll say only Lamps and Ramires are up to the job of playing there and the rest are just not good enough or past it. :p

Lamps, Essien, Mikel, Romeu, Meireles, Ramires, MacEchran.

We ourselves need a good CM and hopefully that will be addressed by next year at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

GavRedKing -- is a secret Man Utd fan. :)

NeVeR wrote: »
    GavRedKing -- is a secret Man Utd fan. :)

Between Kess73 saying I should support Liverpool and now yourself I dont know what to think, maybe time for a change of name is in order, or club :p

Here ya go, Fatman and Robin

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcLIsrrm_SUOvDzNl1i9DmLZZqOt4DD8RAmaJ3-gEbBue0Lg4k

Pure class imho LOL

Between Kess73 saying I should support Liverpool and now yourself I dont know what to think, maybe time for a change of name is in order, or club :p

Orrrrrr. Put in your Sig that it's for Cork.. or something like that lol.

NeVeR wrote: »
    Orrrrrr. Put in your Sig that it's for Cork.. or something like that lol.

First name is Gavin, and I was in a band called RedKing so decided to just combine them for Boards when I registered a few years back. :)

A name change ehh? RedKing appeared in a TV series called....wait for it...

ULTRAMAN!

We have a winner:pac:

A name change ehh? RedKing appeared in a TV series called....wait for it...

ULTRAMAN!

We have a winner:pac:

I've seen it online before during a shameless self Google search. :o

ULTRAMAN would be a better name for a Mod.....might request a name change from the Admin's. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

If anything we have to MANY CM's, now I'll say only Lamps and Ramires are up to the job of playing there and the rest are just not good enough or past it. :p

Lamps, Essien, Mikel, Romeu, Meireles, Ramires, MacEchran.

We ourselves need a good CM and hopefully that will be addressed by next year at the latest.

No it was a about creating from midfield.:cool: You named attacking midfielders/wingers just like Panthro did for ManUtd team.

Yeah more or less Chelsea do have midfield problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I think im the only one here that thinks we are fine up front. Yes we could have better strikers then Torres and Sturridge but we have enough.
    We only play one striker where Utd/City play two strikers each game.

Dont get me wrong id be delighted if we signed Cavani/Shurrle but id prefere Hulk TBH. Hulk would be more suited to our squad as we could do with a right sided attacker. Plus as mentioned before he can play as a striker if needs be. Hulk would address two problems in one.

We have a very strong squad as is but once we get a Azplicueta and Moses we will be stronger. Its up to Robbie after that to get us winning trophys and playing attacking football. No excuses for him this season im afraid.

I wouldnt mind either Hulk or Moses or Cavani really but not 2 or all of them.

With Sturridge and Torres we have strikers that suit or play and either of the above 3 lads would also fit the system.

I'm not worried by 2 strikers but if one of them pick up an injury then we're right up against it really and asking someone like Bamford to step up would be a huge ask.

Something to look our for, could be a very good change from the reserve league and hopefully make it more competitive for teams and improve player quality who are just not ready for the 1st team at the moment.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2875172

Chelsea kick-off the new, revamped Under 21 league campaign with a home clash against Manchester City on Friday 17 August at 7pm, a perfect opportunity for supporters to head down to Brentford's Griffin Park and get behind the youngsters who could be representing the first team in years to come.

The restructuring of what was previously known as the reserve league has been introduced in a bid to improve the quality of home-grown players in England, in turn enhancing the fortunes of the national team in the long-term.

The competition, made up of 17 teams from the top-flight and six from the Championship, will see clubs split across three groups, with a knockout round and subsequent final being played in the New Year.
    In terms of the squad requirements, three players over the age of 21 will be permitted in outfield positions, while clubs will also be able to name one over-age goalkeeper.

Academy manager Neil Bath, who was involved throughout the process, believes everything is in place for the new-look league to become a success, and feels the players involved will benefit from the reshaped format.

'It's great for us to be back playing at a professional ground such as Brentford FC's Griffin Park,' he tells the official Chelsea website.
    'It's a new Premier League for Under 21s and hopefully the supporters will get behind us.

'When we initially spoke about the Under 21 league, we talked about trying to generate the feel and atmosphere of a typical FA Youth Cup night, and with the games predominantly being played on Friday nights, that's what we're trying to do.

'We're hopeful we will be able to create that and provide the right environment in order for the boys to develop in.'

We have been drawn in a group alongside the likes of Liverpool, Manchester City and Middlesbrough, while we will also face London derbies against both Fulham and Crystal Palace.

All of our home matches will be played at Griffin Park, apart from the game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday 1 September which will take place at Stamford Bridge.

I wouldnt mind either Hulk or Moses or Cavani really but not 2 or all of them.

With Sturridge and Torres we have strikers that suit or play and either of the above 3 lads would also fit the system.

I'm not worried by 2 strikers but if one of them pick up an injury then we're right up against it really and asking someone like Bamford to step up would be a huge ask.

Id like us to sign both Hulk and Moses. Both can fill the right hand side role and move Ramires to deeper midfield. If we lost Torres and Sturridge id be happy to move Hazard up front and put Marin on the left. We would manage no probs if we sign Hulk and Moses though ;)

what a day wrote: »
    Id like us to sign both Hulk and Moses. Both can fill the right hand side role and move Ramires to deeper midfield. If we lost Torres and Sturridge id be happy to move Hazard up front and put Marin on the left. We would manage no probs if we sign Hulk and Moses though ;)

How about Hulk and Muniain? That would be exciting but expensive.

Both quality players but Munian plays on the left he is more of an out an out winger TBH. Big fan of him but crazy money would be needed to sign him and i think Moses would be a better deal for back up to Hulk on our Right hand side, plus id like to see Mata play on the right of Oscar if Oscar can hit the ground running as our CM/CAM.

You know what I'm going to say...

Enter...

Piazon!

Our fixtures in the NextGen series this year.

http://www.nextgenseries.com/en/FixturesResultsTables

The NextGen Series heralds a thrilling new era in competitive football, featuring the next generation of world-class players who have been trained and nurtured by some of the greatest clubs in Europe.

The Tournament gives players and their clubs the chance to take part in a challenging international competition, culminating in a Final to win the coveted NextGen Series Trophy.

It kicked off on August 17th 2011 and includes famous clubs such as Barcelona, Chelsea, Inter, Sporting Lisbon and Liverpool, producers of stars such as Messi, Ronaldo and Gerrard. The opening season saw Inter emerge champions after beating Ajax in a thrilling penalty shoot-out.

The second season starts this August, and for young talents it offers the unique opportunity to experience all aspects of a competitive, large, international tournament. The challenges they will be facing, such as adapting to unfamiliar styles of play, prolonged periods of travel and two match weeks, will help them when making the transition to the first team.

For football fans the tournament is a great chance to watch young players in the making and to experience the new football stars of the future.

The twenty-four clubs are divided into six groups of four, where each club will contest a home and an away fixture against each group member. Many of these fixtures will be taking place in their first team stadiums, such as Celtic Park, Estádio José Alvalade, Anfield and Villa Park.

The top two teams from each group and the four teams finishing 3rd who have amassed the most points will enter the knock-out stages. These will be played over one leg, with each winner progressing to the next round, culminating in the Final. There will also be a 3rd/4th place play-off

Looks like Cesar could finally be on the way

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/cesar-azpilicueta-very-close-to-completing-chelsea-deal-as-agents

César #Azpilicueta on the road to Stamford Bridge. Meeting today between #OM and #CFC's staff for a 4-5 years contract and 8-10M€ transfer.

Link here.. http://translate.goo...ved=0CEQQ7gEwAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Oi! I gave you some very valid reasons as to why you should support Liverpool.

You are from Cork.

As such you have an accent that the rest of the country takes the mick out of.

The colour of the main club in Cork is Red.

It is a city that has a bit of a beef with the capital city.

You are practically scouse using my logic:pac:

I would not offend you and say you should support that other lot though. Would rather you stayed Chelsea Blue than Stretford red :D

Here is what id like to see for this season
    Bold is starting line up, lover case is 2nd choice player

Torres

Sturridge

--Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk--
    --Marin
    Oscar
    Moses--

Lampard
    Ramires

Oriol
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ceasar
    Bert
    Cahilll
    Ivan
    Hutch

Cech

Hilario

Loan out the young reserve players and sell on Meireles, Essien, Yossi, Ferreira, Turnbull, Malouda

We now have two players for every position and a number of players able to swap roles and very technical and creative players in there. Some steel in our Midfield and hight and strength in our defence. All in all a top squad of players minus the dead wood players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Luiz proved his worth last seaon IMO, it was his first full season and showed some brilliant displays. Dont forget the chap is very young for a defender but i have to agree to extent, id love Luiz to play along side Ramires in defensive midfield.

Luiz is made for the role, he is brillant on the ball, can pick and deliver a pass.
    He is great at intercepting passes, has strength and hight plus he is quick and gets around the pitch with ease.

If any thing id like us to sign another defender with pace. Ivan is not Good enough for me as a CB TBH and id play Cahill and Luiz ahead of him.
    Chalobha will eventually replace Terry i think but i have not seen much for Kalas or Bruma in a while although i think Bruma will eventually be sold on.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Oi! I gave you some very valid reasons as to why you should support Liverpool.

You are from Cork.

As such you have an accent that the rest of the country takes the mick out of.

The colour of the main club in Cork is Red.

It is a city that has a bit of a beef with the capital city.

You are practically scouse using my logic:pac:

I would not offend you and say you should support that other lot though. Would rather you stayed Chelsea Blue than Stretford red :D

You do make some good points TBF. For the time being I'll stay a Chelsea blue, If I ever decide to jump ship I'll be over to the Liverpool thread to inform ye all that I am a Scouser at heart but only just realised it. :pac:

Ooohhh and theres nothing wrong with Cork, just the people from it. ;)

Here is what id like to see for this season
    Bold is starting line up, lover case is 2nd choice player

Torres

Sturridge

--Hazard
    Mata
    Hulk--
    --Marin
    Oscar
    Moses--

Lampard
    Ramires

Oriol
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Luiz
    Ceasar
    Bert
    Cahilll
    Ivan
    Hutch

Cech

Hilario

Loan out the young reserve players and sell on Meireles, Essien, Yossi, Ferreira, Turnbull, Malouda

We now have two players for every position and a number of players able to swap roles and very technical and creative players in there. Some steel in our Midfield and hight and strength in our defence. All in all a top squad of players minus the dead wood players.

What about Blackman for sub keeper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Luiz proved his worth last seaon IMO, it was his first full season and showed some brilliant displays. Dont forget the chap is very young for a defender but i have to agree to extent, id love Luiz to play along side Ramires in defensive midfield.

Luiz is made for the role, he is brillant on the ball, can pick and deliver a pass.
    He is great at intercepting passes, has strength and hight plus he is quick and gets around the pitch with ease.

If any thing id like us to sign another defender with pace. Ivan is not Good enough for me as a CB TBH and id play Cahill and Luiz ahead of him.
    Chalobha will eventually replace Terry i think but i have not seen much for Kalas or Bruma in a while although i think Bruma will eventually be sold on.

Luiz has everything in his locker bar positional awareness, he's way too in disciplined for a holding midfield role, you could nearly guarantee every time a team would catch us on the break that he would be nowhere to be seen, as you've mentioned he's only a young bloke he has plenty of time to learn but I see him becoming a world class CB in the coming seasons

Im all for swapping Jamal for Turnbull as our reserve Keeper.
    I have not seen much of Jamal TBH to have a solid performce and claim a spot with us but id love to see him get game time in CC.

Looking forward to the game on Sunday, id presume Robbie will try and slowly change our style of a more ball retaining passing team to imitate Barca to keep Roman happy. Only thing is will he get our players moving, that is the worst part of our game, we are so static bar Mata and Torres. Hazard Marin and Oscar should add to that hopefully though and create space needed to receive a pass.

It will take time im sure but i hope Robbie can pull it off. Im saying now before the season starts il be happy with a top four finish, better style of play and a decent run in the CL/FA cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You do make some good points TBF. For the time being I'll stay a Chelsea blue, If I ever decide to jump ship I'll be over to the Liverpool thread to inform ye all that I am a Scouser at heart but only just realised it. :pac:

Ooohhh and theres nothing wrong with Cork, just the people from it. ;)

Now it is not as simple as just switching forums mind you. You need to be capable of passing Kess devised initiation process. :pac: It may or may not involve a shell suit and your ability to grow a Magnum PI tache.

But I think the fact you had to add "for the time being" casts some serious doubt on your status as a Chelsea blue. :p

As for Cork. Quite like the place, people and all.

Actually, theres a small weird and dark part of me :eek:, thats kinda of curious just what would happen if we only have Torres and Danny for the season, or even half a season?

Would they deliver? We would soon see, if after all the talk, they can indeed step up! :confused:

They certainly couldnt moan about not having the chance then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Torres has to step up now. Time to sh1t or get off the pot. Confidence is back and he should get plenty of ball now.
    I have faith in him.

(touches wooden desk)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement