Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Id give Torres this whole season as our number 9 and if he does not start scoring we can replace him with Sturridge for the following season depending on how well Lukaku does on loan. If Lukaku is pants id bring in Cavani and move on Torres and cut our loses.

If Torres does not score at least a 20 goals this season he is a massive flop and he will need replacing. I do think he will get 20 goals this season and i will back him 100% this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Sam Hutchinson has gone to Forest on loan, me thinks Azpilicueta will be arriving soon!

http://www.chelseafc...article/2886996

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Sam Hutchinson has joined Nottingham Forest on a season long loan deal

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/2886996

Notts Forest saying 6 months, not sure which is true but I reckon we must be close to bringing another RB in.

Sam Hutchinson has gone to Forest on loan, me thinks Azpilicueta will be arriving soon!

http://www.chelseafc...article/2886996

Too fast for me :pac:

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Too fast for me :pac:

thats what all the defenders facing Torres will be saying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Kess73 wrote: »
    Now it is not as simple as just switching forums mind you. You need to be capable of passing Kess devised initiation process. :pac: It may or may not involve a shell suit and your ability to grow a Magnum PI tache.

But I think the fact you had to add "for the time being" casts some serious doubt on your status as a Chelsea blue. :p

As for Cork. Quite like the place, people and all.

Shell suit : Check, no problem in wearing one if I have to.

Scouse tash : Impossible :( I cant even grow a Gary Neville bum fluff tash. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

GavRedKing wrote: »

Rumor has it Gav that all you need is a wipe of a damp cloth each morning :p

Dont forget the eternal optimism at the start of every season!

Dont forget the eternal optimism at the start of every season!

Our Year :D

Azpilicueta will sign very soon so will Moses.
    We will then sign either Cavani/Hulk or Shurrle on Deadline day ;)

• Advertisement

amiable wrote: »
    Rumor has it Gav that all you need is a wipe of a damp cloth each morning :p

TRust me, give me a month of Movember and it would look like a child attacked me with a Bic ball point, facial hair is something I cant grow, therfore I cant be scouse. :p

amiable wrote: »
    Our Year :D

Thats it, you've jinxed it for the rest of you. :eek:

Edit : I dont think thats been said seriously since ye should have won the league about 5 years ago though in fairness. :)

Thats it, you've jinxed it for the rest of you. :eek:

I don't think some of the others get the running joke :)

Likely line up, (But Marin on the left and Moses on the right?)
    (I pinched it!)

255533_10151023929676819_702623924_n.jpg

Probably complete BS, but Menezes reckons Hulk is coming

http://translate.goo...aja-tjedna.html

and so does Simon Phillips, of CFCnet, who doesnt usually post rubbish and he thinks the Hulk deal could be done very soon and that will mean no Moses. Lets hope he is right eh?

Not sure what he means by hitches in Cesar's private life though?

Firstly, congratulations from CFCnet going out to miracle boy Sam Hutchinson, who has agreed a one-year loan deal with Nottingham Forest, a huge achievement for him and I’m sure he will do well and get plenty of game time. All Chelsea supporters would love him to come back to The Bridge in the summer after having an immense season with Forest, ready to challenge Cesar Azpilicueta for the right back slot.
    Which brings me to my next subject, the Spanish youngster, Azpi. It looks as if the deal will finally being going through after a few little hitches in the fee and also in the players own private life. He is expected to be revealed as an official Chelsea player over the weekend, possibly before our first fixture against Wigan. In terms of him being available to face Wigan however, I very much doubt that.
    More good news, I’m hearing various whispers from strong sources that Chelsea have actually made an offer for Hulk now, said to be £39.3 million. I am also hearing other not so strong sources talking that the deal will be completed by this weekend as well, although I’m rather skeptical about that. I still think it will be a last minute push to get him signed, but it will happen.
    Finally, with Chelsea prioritising Hulk after the player admitted to wanting to come to the Premier League, I’ve been asked by many where this leaves our deal for Victor Moses. This is what I know, a deal has been pre-agreed between Chelsea and Wigan and so have terms. But I’m hearing that it will only go through if Chelsea fail to sign Hulk, I’m not certain that they will be signing both players. But this is still very much a case of anything can happen.
    I’ve also been told that Chelsea will be signing both Moses and Hulk and that the Moses deal is just as close to being completed as Azpilicueta. So as I said, anything can still happen there. But Azpilicueta, expect to see the official pictures of him holding up his Chelsea jersey by Sunday.
    Simon Phillips – News Editor

http://www.CFCnet.co...and-hutchinson/

Once we sort a RB I'll be happy, if we strengthen our forward line I'll be even happier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

How do ye think Essien will fair this season?

The man was a beast before his injury but since coming back he seems to be really struggling with his form. Was he any good preseason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

HazDanz wrote: »
    How do ye think Essien will fair this season?

The man was a beast before his injury but since coming back he seems to be really struggling with his form. Was he any good preseason?

Twice his knee, so i would nite be too hopeful on him. Pre season i don't think he done anything to put himself in front of lampard.
    I thought after his great first season lampard would be out other a sub. I glad I was wrong as Lampard has kept going strong.
    Sad for essien as he could have been Chelsea key player like toure for city.
    Hoping for 3 trophies this season but league may be tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Twice his knee, so i would nite be too hopeful on him. Pre season i don't think he done anything to put himself in front of lampard.
    I thought after his great first season lampard would be out other a sub. I glad I was wrong as Lampard has kept going strong.
    Sad for essien as he could have been Chelsea key player like toure for city.

Its an awful shame as like you were saying he would have been vital at this stage for yas if he had kept injury free based on that first season. I'll never forget that screamer he scored against Arsenal from outside the box it was pure quality.

Who knows, a run of games and he might get his form back.

Aquila wrote: »
    What would alleged targets Hulk, Azpilicueta and Cavani bring to us compared to when we faced city?

They would sort our right side out!

At the moment we have no genuine right sided attacker midfielders.
    Hulk is very much that, he would give us goals and assists and he can play upfront if need me. He would allow Ramires to move back to midfield where he belongs as well!
    Key player for us IMO

Cesar would provide cover at right back. He is more attacking than Ivan, so gives us that option, plus he would hopefully take over as No1 RB when Ivan moves on in 3 years or so. Then hopefully Todd Kane would be the new Cesar etc etc.

Cavani is a strange one I must admit. He would be direct competition to Torres as a No 9, whereas Hulk wouldnt be.
    Cavani isnt like Drogba though, he likes to come deep and receive the ball, and can be prone to losing possession

Both Cavani and Hulk have scored goals for fun though!

Prefer Hulk, but wouldnt so no to Cavani.
    Dream would be all 3 players but then Torres might cry again this year poor lamb!

They would sort our right side out!

At the moment we have no genuine right sided attacker midfielders.
    Hulk is very much that, he would give us goals and assists and he can play upfront if need me. He would allow Ramires to move back to midfield where he belongs as well!
    Key player for us IMO

Cesar would provide cover at right back. He is more attacking than Ivan, so gives us that option, plus he would hopefully take over as No1 RB when Ivan moves on in 3 years or so. Then hopefully Todd Kane would be the new Cesar etc etc.

Cavani is a strange one I must admit. He would be direct competition to Torres as a No 9, whereas Hulk wouldnt be.
    Cavani isnt like Drogba though, he likes to come deep and receive the ball, and can be prone to losing possession

Both Cavani and Hulk have scored goals for fun though!

Prefer Hulk, but wouldnt so no to Cavani.
    Dream would be all 3 players but then Torres might cry again this year poor lamb!

Cavani is a better footballer I think. But in terms of the team, getting Hulk would make it a much stronger unit. Ye already have Torres who looks to be on form heading into the new season, Sturridge as backup is not bad either. Hulk out wide cutting in would be a major improvement and a nightmare for defenders.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Cavani is a better footballer I think. But in terms of the team, getting Hulk would make it a much stronger unit. Ye already have Torres who looks to be on form heading into the new season, Sturridge as backup is not bad either. Hulk out wide cutting in would be a major improvement and a nightmare for defenders.

I'd love Danny to get his chance. The team has been re-jigged to give service to Torres

Hulk stats - Now I admit he can be wasteful and does few too many hollywood shots, but boy can this guy (like Cavani) score

2010/2011 scored 16 goals in his first 16 games
    has been player of the month a record 6 times

166 games in Portugal, scored 76 goals and 55 assists (all competitions)
    career total is 150 goals in 278 apps

Cavani

94 apps (all comps) 66 goals

I'd love Danny to get his chance. The team has been re-jigged to give service to Torres

Hulk stats - Now I admit he can be wasteful and does few too many hollywood shots, but boy can this guy (like Cavani) score

2010/2011 scored 16 goals in his first 16 games
    has been player of the month a record 6 times

166 games in Portugal, scored 76 goals and 55 assists (all competitions)
    career total is 150 goals in 278 apps

Cavani

94 apps (all comps) 66 goals

It's very hard to compare like for like when the two of them are in separate leagues but regardless Hulk has a great record and so does Cavani. Hulk has a great presence on the ball, he wouldn't be shoved around in the English league. Cavani I just don't see how he will offer something much greater than what Torres can (playing well). I just think Hulk could give ye an xfactor this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Bosinga is gone to qpr and cesar deal could be on the cards according to the paper talk this morning.

• Advertisement

Agreed with the comments regarding Hulk. We need him more than we need Cavani. Hulk will balance our midfeild/attack with Hazard on our left hand side. Without Hulk we would have to play Ramires of Mata out on the right hand side and i think Mata has been emense for us through the middle. Ramires has to be moved deeper as he is out of the game out wide. He will provide the enegry and attacking runs Mikel does not.

Cavani could play wide too but only as a 4-3-3 formation. IMO he is a better striker than Torres is currently which is why i would like us to sign Cavani. IMO he can only be a replacement for Torres but having all three (Torres,Cavani,Sturridge) is only gonna cause trouble. Three big egos and not enough games for them all. It could be possible to manage all three but it would take a lot of effort in keeping them all happy.
    If we played 60 games this season then they would only get 20 games each. Should one of them pick up an injury it would suit us but then we could just move Hulk forward and buy Moses for little or nothing and have him play on the right instead of Hulk.

The Club are making all the right calls this season for once and i think they have finally learned from their mistakes!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Paper talk also saying that AVB wants Mereiles, if so, a straight swap for Defoe would be nice IMHO.

Techless wrote: »
    Paper talk also saying that AVB wants Mereiles, if so, a straight swap for Defoe would be nice IMHO.

Merieles plus 10m for Kyle Walker ;)

be funny if we hijacked Adebayor and signed "Little Pea"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

be funny if we hijacked Adebayor and signed "Little Pea"

Don't sign him. In the part of Mexico i come from chicharito means little cock. It's actually widely used in Mexico so not sure why he uses it. You don't want a little dick up front for ya.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Good bit from Sky sports about our under 21 academy

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16430_7995602,00.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Will Oscar be on the bench Sunday?Trained with the team yesterday!

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Will Oscar be on the bench Sunday?Trained with the team yesterday!

i reckon so!

Moses to be in the Wigan squad/starter?

nailed on to score against us!

Good bit from Sky sports about our under 21 academy

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16430_7995602,00.html

Any one able to print screen i cant read it in work no access :(

Yeah i can see Moses scoring against us alright but id find it hard to see him starting, he wants to move, we want to buy him but wigan are haggling over more money.

Oscar for me would start on the bench on sunday. Id imagine it will be the same line up against City. Oscar could come on for Hazard or Mata late on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Pete's link is a video what a day, so I can't print screen it for you I'm afraid.

RDM - No player in before Sunday and refuses to discuss Moses (So he is close to joining us then!)

Roberto Di Matteo refused to be drawn on speculation linking Victor Moses with a move to Chelsea ahead of the Blues’ trip to Wigan on Sunday.

The 21-year-old Latics has been heavily linked with a transfer to Stamford Bridge this summer – but the west Londoners are yet to meet Wigan’s £10m valuation of the
    “[Moses] is a player of Wigan football and I don’t really want to talk about it,” Di Matteo told a news conference on Friday. “He’s a young, talented guy that plays for Wigan. We know very well what ability he has.
    “We don’t really talk about our transfer policy. We just keep ourselves open for any opportunities and see what the next two weeks will throw up.
    “There won’t be anyone coming in before Sunday but apart from that we’ll keep our transfer policy private.”
    Di Matteo was also coy when asked about the prospect of Moses lining up against a team he has been relentlessly linked with all summer at the DW Stadium on Sunday lunchtime.
    “That’s a question for Roberto Martinez, whether he’s going to play [on Sunday] or not,” he added.
    Meanwhile, Di Matteo also confirmed that new signing Oscar could make his Blues debut at Wigan on Sunday after he took part in his first training session at Cobham on Friday, with Marko Marin the only player out injured ahead of their Premier League opener.
    “Fortunately, we have only Marin out injured; everyone else is OK. Oscar has finally joined us so they’re all available for Sunday.”

Torres double be nice to start to the season anyway. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Torres double be nice to start to the season anyway. :)

It would but I can't see it, Terry header, deflected free from lampard and a hazard screamer. ;)

It would but I can't see it, Terry header, deflected free from lampard and a hazard screamer. ;)

Id be happy with 3 points :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Torres is my FF captain for the week, blind faith in our main man up front.

Panthro wrote: »
    Torres is my FF captain for the week, blind faith in our main man up front.

Hes mine too. 2 games, had to be done really :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Ramires wonder goal to seal it for me. Torres to shoot blanks again :o

bullpost wrote: »
    Ramires wonder goal to seal it for me. Torres to shoot blanks again :o

Its Torres year :pac:

Torres and Hazard to score, 2-0 win ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Lots of positive predictions, remember the form wigan ended the season in last year, it will be very tough. Would not suprise me if they dominated posession especially if our midfield is lamps and mikel:(. I think we will just nick it 2-1 in an unconvincing display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Lots of positive predictions, remember the form wigan ended the season in last year, it will be very tough. Would not suprise me if they dominated posession especially if our midfield is lamps and mikel:(. I think we will just nick it 2-1 in an unconvincing display.
    Sure Wigan dont start playing till April.Easy win.

MUSEIST wrote: »

Im sure the Wigan fans are saying the same about us. Remember how we finished our season? :P

I think we will be out to prove a point, and so will DiMatteo. From all the press it seems as though we are targeting a PL title this season so we should not see any slip up's early on any way.

But as we all know this is Chelsea and Chelsea dont to easy, strap yourselves in lads for another rollercoaster season!!

Oscar Speaks!

Oscar did an interview today that was published over on the official website, and there were a few quotes in that interview that caught my eye. There are a good number of questions and answers that I'm not going to touch on that are worth a read anyway, so you should probably read the entire interview. Some of the highlights, though:
    What type of a player should we expect?
    In Brazil there is a different type of football, but I think I am seen as an elegant type of ball player, who is creating for another people. I may need to change a little bit over here, but I see myself as that sort of a player who can hopefully make a difference to the team.
    Roberto Di Matteo says it is possible you could feature on Sunday against Wigan...
    I am really happy that the manager is already thinking of me and putting me in his plans. I feel I could do well if I am called upon on Sunday because I have been playing regular games and am in a good rhythm. I am ready to go.
    Do you feel it could take time to adapt a little on the pitch?
    I am hoping it will not take too long to adapt. There is a multinational team here with other Brazilians and Latin players, not just an English team or league, so they will help me through their past experiences and so I hope it won't be too much of a problem.
    I'm a bit surprised that we'd even consider using him this weekend, as Oscar just finished his first training session with the team today. That speaks volumes about the 20 year old's ability and demeanor, and I truly don't see his game having too much difficulty adapting to England. With that in mind, if the result is in doubt with 20 minutes to play against Wigan, I'd be very surprised to see him making a cameo in the first match of the season.
    The more I see and hear from Oscar, the more it looks like Chelsea really did make an excellent move here. The kid still needs to learn English, but his translated interviews make him seem like the kind of kid that's going to be a fantastic addition off the pitch. Hopefully there isn't too much transition on the pitch, and it will be interesting to see how he fits in tactically with the squad. From the sounds of it, we may get a look this weekend.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2012/8/17/3249485/oscar-speaks-to-chelsea-fans-wigan-appearance

• Advertisement

Every time we play Wigan away I think of this beauty

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement