Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

According to ESPN we have had an enquiry rejected for Javier Hernandez.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Johner wrote: »
    According to ESPN we have had an enquiry rejected for Javier Hernandez.

Seen that on twitter and thought it was Javier Martinez at first glance :(

Chicarito had a great 1st season with united but he hasnt really done much since, still wouldnt say no though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Seen that on twitter and thought it was Javier Martinez at first glance :(

Chicarito had a great 1st season with united but he hasnt really done much since, still wouldnt say no though

What can he add to the squad in the current formation ye used? I don't think he is worth the investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Be funny to take him.....hes well liked at Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

HazDanz wrote: »
    What can he add to the squad in the current formation ye used? I don't think he is worth the investment.
    AN option of a B plan...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Be funny to take him.....hes well liked at Old Trafford.

They do have too many strikers though, van purse, rooney, hernandez, welbeck, berbatov, powell and where will kagawa play then.

MUSEIST wrote: »
    They do have too many strikers though, van purse, rooney, hernandez, welbeck, berbatov, powell and where will kagawa play then.

Surely Kagawa will play as an AM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Surely Kagawa will play as an AM.

if they play kagawa as a AM then there is only room for one central striker. They then have to pick 1 from 6. I just can't figure out how utd plan to play, they are over loaded with strikers who all want to play through the middle.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Mata and Lampard are both fit and likely to start right?

Mata and Lampard are both fit and likely to start right?

Fantasy football? Ya theres no indication they should be dropped.

Id go for Torres if yacan wrangle him in with a doyble game week.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Can't afford him, gonna have Mata as captain though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I went with Cech, Hazard and Torres as captain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Anyone watching the U21 premier league game on Chelsea TV now ?

Were up against City , should be two or three up were the better team by a long shot ,

Currently 0-0 , good game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I went with Cech, Hazard and Torres as captain

I think pretty much everyone has Torres Captain for this week. He's my team thus far no doubt I'll change it 30 time between now and 10.30 tomorrow morning. :o

228492_4259710046792_390617454_n.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Good game finished 0-0 with us hitting the crossbar in the dying seconds after a brilliant move,

Clifford was very very unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Good game finished 0-0 with us hitting the crossbar in the dying seconds after a brilliant move,

Clifford was very very unlucky

Very impressed by Clifford overall, looks a useful player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I think pretty much everyone has Torres Captain for this week. He's my team thus far no doubt I'll change it 30 time between now and 10.30 tomorrow morning. :o

228492_4259710046792_390617454_n.jpg

Nice, but try and do it all tonight - remember last year when the site crashed!

If Torres doesnt do the business everyone on FF will be on similar points :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

spent ages on this...

my all-chelsea FF team!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    spent ages on this...

my all-chelsea FF team!

:O ya actually going to use that team?

• Advertisement

my prediction. Oscar will come off the bench and either score or assist

I will adding him to my FF in a few weeks me thinks

My prediction - 3rd. Better if we do add Hulk, as SAF says you need to score goals to win this league and he admits we are light up top

And remember lads, Mata will be rested for a good bit of Sept, RDM has said

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/di-matteo-wary-over-mata-burnout-8057270.html

Juan Mata: The midfielder needs to recharge his batteries, says Chelsea's manager, Roberto Di Matteo.div.slideshow #slideshow-7804719 .galleria-thumbnails-container {height: 70px;bottom: 0;position: absolute;left: 10px;right: 10px;z-index: 2;}div.slideshow #slideshow-7804719 .galleria-container .galleria-stage {height: 445px;}div.slideshow #slideshow-7804719 .galleria-thumbnails .galleria-image {height: 60px;width: 60px;background: #000;margin: 0 5px 0 0;border: 1px solid #000;;float: left;cursor: pointer;}div.slideshow #slideshow-7804719 .galleria-counter {bottom: 83px !important;}.galleria-lightbox-image img { border-width:0; }

Juan Mata will be given a complete break at some point during the opening weeks of the season after Chelsea's manager, Roberto Di Matteo, admitted the midfielder was close to burnout.
    Mata has endured a gruelling summer, following up Chelsea's Champions League triumph in May with a role in Spain's success at Euro 2012 before taking part in his country's disappointing challenge for an Olympic gold medal.
    That means the playmaker has had a minimal break ahead of the new Premier League season and, while he will be part of Di Matteo's squad that travels to face Wigan Athletic tomorrow, the manager concedes the 24-year-old desperately needs some time out before his exertions catch up with him.
    With a number of new faces to bed into the side, including Oscar and Eden Hazard, Di Matteo does not want to lose the services of the influential Spaniard, who was voted the club's player of the year last season at the very start of the new campaign.
    But the manager conceded that an approach has been made to the Spanish Football Federation in the hope of securing Mata's release for the back-to-back round of international fixtures early next month.
    Asked if there is a risk of Mata wearing himself out, Di Matteo said: "Absolutely yes. He needs to have a break. It's important. As much as the training, it's important that you have a rest, you can recharge your batteries and come back fresh. We'll plan it intelligently so that he won't be missing too much of our season."
    Mata's absence would clearly be felt, particularly after Di Matteo conceded that, with Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge the only recognised strikers in his squad, he expects his midfield to provide a significant contribution to his side's goal return.
    Chelsea retain an interest in Porto's Hulk and Napoli's Edinson Cavani, but will face Wigan heavily reliant on Torres to lead the attack, increasing the pressure on the supporting players, including Hazard and Oscar, who are likely to take time to acclimatise to the Premier League.
    "In certain areas we are a bit light yes," Di Matteo said. In the attacking areas but the two strikers we've got are very good. Fernando has started the season very well scoring last weekend. And we need the other players to chip in."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Looks like Josh is going on loan to The Boro.....
    Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran looks likely to join Middlesbrough on loan.

A number of clubs have been linked with the 19-year-old but he appears to have opted for a move to Teesside.

McEachran recently told West London Sport he was in talks with several clubs and expected to leave Stamford Bridge on a six-month loan shortly.

He said: “For my career I think it’s important to play regularly and pick up as much experience as possible, and that’s what I’m looking to do.

“There are a few Championship and Premier League teams interested and it’s just about picking the right club for me.

“I’ll go for six months and then we’ll review it again and see what happens next.”

His move has taken longer than expected to be finalised, but by Friday evening McEachran seemed certain to choose Boro.

Blackburn, Wigan and Bolton are among the other clubs to have shown an interest in him.

Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Aquila wrote: »
    Who is showing our game tomorrow lads?
    And how likely will we have our purported deals finalized by September?

Sky 1pm

Aquila wrote: »
    Who is showing our game tomorrow lads?
    And how likely will we have our purported deals finalized by September?

I think we'll sign azpilicueta in the next few days and more than likely Moses, I can see us bringing in a big name on transfer deadline day Cavani/Hulk maybe?

Edit: Just seen on twitter from Guillem Balague has said Chelsea have made an approach for Modric and are willing to offer £40 milllion. Modric wants to go to Real though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

Is Josh ever gonna get a crack at the first eleven?

Nice, but try and do it all tonight - remember last year when the site crashed!

You weren't wrong seems to be on the blink now!

Is Josh ever gonna get a crack at the first eleven?

Not until he proves himself tbh, everyone knows he's a very talented player but if he couldn't get into the Swansea team he can hardly expect to play for Chelsea, a loan will do him good as long as he gets game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Tweets coming through that Chelsea are attempting to hi-jack Real Madrid's move for Modric. Would Spurs sell him to you guys though ?

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Tweets coming through that Chelsea are attempting to hi-jack Real Madrid's move for Modric. Would Spurs sell him to you guys though ?

Well I heard Real were willing to offer 28 mil so if its true that Chelsea are offering 40 then id say spurs would sell, I cant really see it being true, who knows though

greendom wrote: »

I dont even know if thats the main issue, I dont think we could compete with Real Madrid for the player, most players would surely want to become a Galactico?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

At this stage im of the opinion that if barca or real come in for a player, everyone else, even the mega rich may forget about it.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Chelsea have made an approach for Modric, willing to offer 40m+. Levy delying deal with Madrid after agreeing fee. Modric wants 2 go 2 Real

this bloke gets 7 out of 10 right

rather have a ball winning midfielder, right winger, and striker

edit

He's on Sky News now talking about the new season and he was talking about Chelsea's interest in Modric saying that they made a £40 million cash offer to Spurs today and that Levy was listening, but that he felt it was just a delay tactic to get Madrid to cough up with more money and that he expects him to still go to Madrid.

That's very worrying / frustrating Sgt. Like you say the 40Mil could be spent in much better place's.

Luka is a player we don't need. He'd be worth a punt for 20 mil but 40.... jog on son!!!!

Modric isnt worth that at all. I'd say Real are paying just about something closer to his true valuation. £25-30 million but hes not worth £40 million never in a million years.

• Advertisement

im sure thats €40million which would be £31, id be well keen for that money!

we'll sign Moses and Cesar, have no doubts about that, Hulk is the possible deadline day move if we have itchy feet!

Torres
    Mata/Hazard/Oscar
    Mikel/Modric

Oh YES!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    im sure thats €40million which would be £31, id be well keen for that money!

we'll sign Moses and Cesar, have no doubts about that, Hulk is the possible deadline day move if we have itchy feet!

Torres
    Mata/Hazard/Oscar
    Mikel/Modric

Oh YES!

Drop mikel for ramires and id be delighted.

The U18's have made a great start to the season, currently giving City a hiding 5-1 at the moment.

Edit - 6-1 now!

Perfect start for Lukaku! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

He's looked good since he came on

• Advertisement

Well done Lukaku, I predicted a hat trick for him in the game but one will have to do :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Yep. If he can keep that up, it'll do wonders for his confidence. And maybe also make him realise that Chelsea are being sensible with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Well done Lukaku, I predicted a hat trick for him in the game but one will have to do :pac:

His general play was good as well today Gav.
    He looked like the pressure was off and a different player.
    It's only one game but if he keeps playing like that he'll develop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I think the Modric bid could be a great tactic just to fcuk up the rest of Spurs transfer window - AVB wants him gone but Levy wants the same as Chelsea offered last year - was willing to crack and sell to Real for 5m or so cheaper - now will look for more from Real.

Modric wants to go to Real, Real know he will only go there so won't offer more.

Leaves Chelsea with no Modric but with a rival struggling to sell a wantaway star player, and no money to bring in new players, leaving them with a midget up front on his own.

Linked with Jovetic again. Good player, but not sure we need him

Chelsea FC to launch cash-plus-player bid for Stevan Jovetic

With the transfer window drawing to a close, Chelsea have given up on Brazilian striker Hulk after Porto refused to reduce their demands for his signature. The Blues have now renewed their interest in Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic to ensure that they are well-stocked in the forward line ahead of next season, reported the Metro.

The 22 year-old started his youth career with Serbian club Partizan in 2003 and two years after breaking into their first team, moved to Fiorentina in 2008. Despite an injury hit first season, he displayed his top form in the 2011-2012 season, scoring 14 goals in 27 games for La Viola. The Montenegro international has drawn considerable interest for his style of play and is often likened to Italian legend Roberto Baggio.

Chelsea team for Wigan: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry, Cole, Lampard, Mikel, Hazard, Mata, Bertrand, Torres

Subs: Turnbull, Cahill, Ferreira, Essien, Meireles, Oscar, Sturridge

Ramires is out sick.

I thought Bertrand was a left back.

He is, but he can do a job on the left wing as seen in the Champions League final.

Ramires is always a big miss though.

Moses better not score!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement