Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

what a day wrote: »
    Yep id go with that too Gav, De Jong is a quality player, just the type of player we need in front of our back four. Can bring the ball forward and pick a pass, quality hard man but seems a bit of a tart if you ask me.......dont tell him i said that!

For me Fellaini or Tiote would be class. Im sure there are one or two players abroad but im not sure of any other than the obvious players like Keita Diarra Vidal etc

Aslo well done Lukaku, he seemed quality when he came on the weekend and hopefully he can start games now and come back a monster we know he can be :D

Fellaini would be my choice but after losing Rodwell they maybe reluctant to leave another big name player leave.

Ya Lukaku played well in his cameo and managed to nick a goal, if he keeps his mouth shut and head down Steve Clarke will give him a chance.

I've decided, Hazard it is on the back of my home jersey is the route to go.

But only if its in gold print.

H A Z A R D
    1 7

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've decided, Hazard it is on the back of my home jersey is the route to go.

But only if its in gold print.

H A Z A R D
    1 7

Im getting Hazard on the black kit me thinks Hazard with black and yellow just go's together!

Mata on the home

Oscar on the white long sleeve away kit :D

Im getting Hazard on the black kit me thinks Hazard with black and yellow just go's together!

Mata on the home

Oscar on the white long sleeve away kit :D

Thats expensive, unless you're getting your kits from Asia. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Two words: GET FELLAINI! Having an unbelievable game against united, he would be a monster to have in the DM position for us. Not too many players around that could beat him in the air, and he's good going forward.
    Great player! Not a chance everton would sell him though unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Two words: GET FELLAINI! Having an unbelievable game against united, he would be a monster to have in the DM position for us. Not too many players around that could beat him in the air, and he's good going forward.
    Great player! Not a chance everton would sell him though unfortunately!

Ya he is looking immense alright.
    Would definitely add a lot to the Chelsea midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

kingtubby wrote: »
    Ya he is looking immense alright.
    Would definitely add a lot to the Chelsea midfield.

Please get Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Have to echo everyone's sentiments, i've always been a big fan of Fellaini's and we'd be mad not to put in a bid for him. He is dominating everybody tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Fellini would be the midfielder we need, not Modric please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Totally predictable response. I imagine quite a few teams are thinking the same thing.
    However, he has been around a while and one swallow, does not a summer make
    Witsel can be just as good, if not better

But at least he is belgium!

to recap then

Get Felliani and Modric for midfield, Mikel and Lamps to the bench
    Get Cavani up front, bench Torres
    Get Hulk on the right, bench Ramires
    Get Moses, and just bench him

Sorted!

• Advertisement

Fellaini would be my choice but after losing Rodwell they maybe reluctant to leave another big name player leave.

Ya Lukaku played well in his cameo and managed to nick a goal, if he keeps his mouth shut and head down Steve Clarke will give him a chance.

Fellaini was excellent tonight. No hope of getting him in this window I reckon.

Totally predictable response. I imagine quite a few teams are thinking the same thing.
    However, he has been around a while and one swallow, does not a summer make
    Witsel can be just as good, if not better

But at least he is belgium!

to recap then

Get Felliani and Modric for midfield, Mikel and Lamps to the bench
    Get Cavani up front, bench Torres
    Get Hulk on the right, bench Ramires
    Get Moses, and just bench him

Sorted!

No need for Modric, he can go to Madrid or root at Spurs.

Everyonr missed the trick with Witsel whos a good player but Fellaini is playing at the wrong level and should be a UCL player hes got eveeythig Witsel has and doesnt have the nasty side that Witsel has.

Fellaini was excellent tonight. No hope of getting him in this window I reckon.

Has been for years, belongs in the category of "players who you would have thought a top four club would have snapped up by now"

Has been for years, belongs in the category of "players who you would have thought a top four club would have snapped up by now"

Yup, Id say Evertons evaultion is north of £25 million which could put a few people off, Id gladly pay them that money for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

It;s the rose of tralee im drunk (why wouldnt i be im from tralee) Get fellaini!!

I want him soo badd,so excited for this transfer window Cavani Hulk My man Fellaini,Azpiculleta,Moses etc Blues

Whatever we do we stick together gluckkk lads

A true insight into Chelsea,

Don;t remember me for this post.

Drunk posts are always the best. :pac:

Eden is confident anyway. :pac:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/20/chelsea-eden-hazard?newsfeed=true

The Latics immediately resorted to desperate measures to stop the £32m signing, with the captain Gary Caldwell booked for a late challenge on him only four minutes later. Caldwell's team-mates soon followed suit and the Chelsea manager, Roberto Di Matteo, decided 64 minutes of punishment was enough for his new playmaker before substituting him at the DW Stadium.

But the Belgium international shrugged off his treatment afterwards, insisting it was no worse than he had suffered playing for Lille or against Manchester City in last weekend's Community Shield.
    "I already had a taste of these kind of tackles in the Community Shield," he said. "I was kicked quite a bit in the first half against Wigan but, in France, it was already like that for me.

"I wasn't aware I was the most fouled player in the match, I wasn't counting them. At the start of the game, you could see the way I play and the most important thing is I'm not injured."

Really cant wait to see how he does over the course of the season for us.

£32 Million could be a steal if he gets loads of goals and assists in his first season but I dont want to jumo the gun over one good performance in a new league. ;)

As its my birthday today, I wanna share this with you all.

Dig in, have a slice. :pac:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVRpQOpLUqgV7Bvaz58k-RQA4g87n1u48pPJCuJXDtz-M0RbLDPQ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Happy birthday GavBlueKing..

• Advertisement

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Happy birthday GavBlueKing..

Banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Banned.

See ya in this forum.. :cool:

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    See ya in this forum.. :cool:

Ya have to PM the Mod in question first. :P :cool:

Judge / CMod / Admin will throw out your case.

Plus its my birthday and I have to get my own way and have no repercussions. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Happy Birthday Gav, hopefully a win tomorrow against Reading and we'll be top of the league, ya couldn't ask for a better present, well you could but that'll have to do :pac:

I think if we beat Reading and Newcastle in our next 2 games there's no reason why we cant go on a good run, we got lucky with our opening fixtures being pretty handy. Its early days yet but no harm winning it from the front :D

I cant wait to see Oscar getting more game time, hopefully he plays tomorrow night, I can just tell he's gonna light up the PL, also does anyone know when Marin is back from injury?

happy birthday gav, nice of everton to give you an early present yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Happy birthday GavvyThePoo! (I've no idea what I'm suggesting with that name!)

• Advertisement

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Gav, hopefully a win tomorrow against Reading and we'll be top of the league, ya couldn't ask for a better present, well you could but that'll have to do :pac:

I think if we beat Reading and Newcastle in our next 2 games there's no reason why we cant go on a good run, we got lucky with our opening fixtures being pretty handy. Its early days yet but no harm winning it from the front :D

I cant wait to see Oscar getting more game time, hopefully he plays tomorrow night, I can just tell he's gonna light up the PL, also does anyone know when Marin is back from injury?

All I wish for is Torres to get 20 + goals this season, in all competitions.

I'd be delighted with another 3 points and decent performance, first home game so the lads will want to impress at the Bridge, hopefully Reading dont crash the party. :pac:

happy birthday gav, nice of everton to give you an early present yesterday!

It woudl have been better if it was the 38th game of the season and we were top after it but it will have to do.
    Panthro wrote: »
    Happy birthday GavvyThePoo! (I've no idea what I'm suggesting with that name!)

I've been called worse dont worry. :o

Happy Bday Gav!!

At last Fellaini has been highlighted for all to see, he is an exceptional player and was played out of his prefered postition and still comes out the best player on the pitch by far. As far as i know he is in the final year of his contract so id imagine a deal could be struck for around 25m or less.

He is a better player than Witsel IMO and is PL proven. Him and Luiz in our DM would be a dream come true for me. Both able to defend and attack, win air battles. With all that hair no one could get past them!! :D

We are just 3 or 4 players away from having one of the best squads in world football IMO and i do think we will sign 2 more players at least before the window closes. We sill sign Ceasar and Moses, and possibly one of either Cavani Hulk or Schurrle. Hopefully Hulk as he is more suited to what we need at the moment.

3 points tommorow night and we should be full of confidence against Newcastle and hopefully beat them too and send us to the super cup on a role. We play Newcastle at at home so im expecting 3 pionts lads!!

All I wish for is Torres to get 20 + goals this season, in all competitions.

I'd be delighted with another 3 points and decent performance, first home game so the lads will want to impress at the Bridge, hopefully Reading dont crash the party. :pac:

Its your birthday, not impossible wishes day! :D

Happy Bday Gav!!

At last Fellaini has been highlighted for all to see, he is an exceptional player and was played out of his prefered postition and still comes out the best player on the pitch by far. As far as i know he is in the final year of his contract so id imagine a deal could be struck for around 25m or less.

He is a better player than Witsel IMO and is PL proven. Him and Luiz in our DM would be a dream come true for me. Both able to defend and attack, win air battles. With all that hair no one could get past them!! :D

We are just 3 or 4 players away from having one of the best squads in world football IMO and i do think we will sign 2 more players at least before the window closes. We sill sign Ceasar and Moses, and possibly one of either Cavani Hulk or Schurrle. Hopefully Hulk as he is more suited to what we need at the moment.

3 points tommorow night and we should be full of confidence against Newcastle and hopefully beat them too and send us to the super cup on a role. We play Newcastle at at home so im expecting 3 pionts lads!!

Everton look a bit light in midfield and could do with bolstering their squad.
    Therefore, a logical move would be to offer them Malouda, Merilles, Benayoun plus say 20m for Fellaini.
    If they don't want Malouda as part of the deal, then reduce the money amount to 10m.
    If they are still not happy, then just leave them with Malouda :cool:

• Advertisement

Its your birthday, not impossible wishes day! :D

If you want to see the impossible, go back to about page 65-70 of this thread, its around the time of a little known Champions League Final, that seemed impossible at the time. ;)

Best moments supporting Chelsea :

1) Bolton Away, winning the league with a Lampard double.
    2) FA Cup Final 96/97 Season, the first cup I seen Chelsea lift.
    3) Carlo's double winning season
    4) May 19th 2012 Drogba on the spot, about 3 steps away from history.
    5) Beating Liverpool last day of the season to get 4th and kickoff the Roman revoultion.

Worse moments :

1) Anelka vs Utd UCL Final missing the worse penalty ever taken.
    2) Sacking Jose
    3) Barca semi final denying us a 2nd final in a row against Man Utd.

Techless wrote: »
    Everton look a bit light in midfield and could do with bolstering their squad.
    Therefore, a logical move would be to offer them Malouda, Merilles, Benayoun plus say 20m for Fellaini.
    If they don't want Malouda as part of the deal, then reduce the money amount to 10m.
    If they are still not happy, then just leave them with Malouda :cool:

Thats putting Fellaini's overall valuation at a very high figure. :pac:

£15million & Meireles, although Moyes & Everton will probably just want straight cash deal and to bring in their own player.

Thats putting Fellaini's overall valuation at a very high figure. :pac:

£15million & Meireles, although Moyes & Everton will probably just want straight cash deal and to bring in their own player.

Thats a deal not to be sniffed at IMO. Meireles is still quite a decent player and would add a PL proven midfielder to his squad while adding 15m to replace Fellaini. Good deal but if he is still not happy throw in Yossi or ferreira

Thats a deal not to be sniffed at IMO. Meireles is still quite a decent player and would add a PL proven midfielder to his squad while adding 15m to replace Fellaini. Good deal but if he is still not happy throw in Yossi or ferreira

Whats the chances of Moyes and Everton taking 2 ex Liverpool players though? :o

We have to look at the wages, Fellaini is reportedly on 80k + a week at Everton, Meireles/Essien/Yossi/Malouda would probably want something similar to move to Goodison and Everton may be relecutant to hand out another wedge of cash, especially to an ageing midfielder.

I suppose we could easily just go in and resort to old tactics and keep throwing money at Everton in a straight cash deal for him, bring back the blank chequebook Roman. :pac:

Ha ha i like your plan B Gav!!

Crack open the cheque book Roman!!

Yeah never taught of that two ex Liverpool players wont replace Fellaini i suppose :P

We have to start flogging off some players, we got off to a good start with Drogba Bosi and kalou leaving but still have even worst players in the squad to off load. Malouda has got to go, after that then im looking at Essien Meireles Yossi Turnbull and Ferreira.

Ha ha i like your plan B Gav!!

Crack open the cheque book Roman!!

Yeah never taught of that two ex Liverpool players wont replace Fellaini i suppose :P

We have to start flogging off some players, we got off to a good start with Drogba Bosi and kalou leaving but still have even worst players in the squad to off load. Malouda has got to go, after that then im looking at Essien Meireles Yossi Turnbull and Ferreira.

In order of who should go :

1) Malouda - Hes just useless at thsi stage.
    2) Yossi - We have enough CAM in the squad now that hes surplus
    3) P.Ferreira - When we sign a RB he'll be like Yossi, surplus
    4) Turnbull - I'd give Blackman a chance.
    5) Meireles - Has been too inconsistent to play for us
    6) Essien - Looks well past his best at this stage.

Agree Gav with all your names above but would like to get another look at Essien to see if he could still offer something as a replacement /cover for Mikel. In days gone by he was also able to provide extra cover at rb and cb and also provide a goal threat.

Techless wrote: »
    Agree Gav with all your names above but would like to get another look at Essien to see if he could still offer something as a replacement /cover for Mikel. In days gone by he was also able to provide extra cover at rb and cb and also provide a goal threat.

Well with the ACN we're going to lose Essien and Mikel if they're both fit and picked by their countries.

That will mean Romeu/Meireles/Lamps/Ramires for CM and maybe what a day will get his wish and see Luiz pushed into one of those positions if we have an injury crisis or a few suspensions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Happy bday gav! Have a good one! :) 3 points tomorrow would be another nice present. Was a fairly decent first weekend for us!

I think we have been interested in Fellaini for a while, doubt we will go for him this window though.

Johner wrote: »
    Happy bday gav! Have a good one! :) 3 points tomorrow would be another nice present. Was a fairly decent first weekend for us!

I think we have been interested in Fellaini in a while, doubt we will go for him this window though.

My thoughts exactly, with Rodwell leaving I dont think they'll want to loose another CM although if they got a combined £40 million between selling both players Moyes would be able to re-invest in about 3, 4 players.

• Advertisement

My thoughts exactly, with Rodwell leaving I dont think they'll want to loose another CM although if they got a combined £40 million between selling both players Moyes would be able to re-invest in about 3, 4 players.

Interesting article why we dont need Fellaini and why Mikel is in fact god!

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/tactical-analysis-fellaini-is-not-the-answer-to-chelseas-central-midfield-problems/

Fellaini’s position is concentrated more in the opposition half as he operated as a support striker, playing behind Jelavic. He also moved up in line with the opposition defenders in order to win headers and hassle. One never witnesses Mikel operate in this manner as his role is conserved to ball retention and in his own half.

The statistics tell a similar story, the two players are very much different. Mikel is a technical defensive midfielder whose main role is to retain possession for Chelsea through playing simple and safe passes. His pass accuracy against Wigan was 94.2% with him completing 52 passes, and in contrast Fellaini only had 72.9% pass accuracy with 48 passes. Of Mikel’s passes most were safe with him completing no key passes to Fellaini’s 3. As well as this Fellaini attempted 6 shots, Mikel none. Fellaini’s game against United was typified by great aerial dominance with him winning 9 of 14 aerial battles; Mikel on the other hand did not compete in any aerial challenges versus Wigan.

I pointed this out to my followers, many of whom stated that Fellaini can play as a holding player, something I disagree with, especially in a midfield two like Chelsea’s. Fellaini would want a domineering position further up the field, not being restrained to defensive duties. Fellaini is capable of playing like this if needed as he did last season to a large degree. A comparison of both players defensive stats reflect favourably on Fellaini; 2.9 tackles per game, 1.6 interceptions and 2 clearances per game to Mikel’s; 1.6 tackles, 1.5 interceptions and 1.4 clearances.

Fellaini is at the bare minimum a box to box midfielder and not a holding player. Chelsea’s two man central defence relies on both players being very disciplined in shielding the back line, something that Fellaini is not naturally inclined to do. Playing Fellaini in that role would restrict him from what he does best which is what we saw against United. That sort of performance would not fit in at Chelsea who have a host of attacking players higher in the pecking order. As for being a like for like with Mikel it is clear they are different players. The only situation in which Fellaini could come to Chelsea is as a plan B up front as well as being used in midfield, essentially as a squad player. Chelsea have enough midfielders who are not ‘specialists’ in a two man central midfield pivot without signing another one. Fellaini is a brilliant player but he is not similar to Mikel at all and thus the comparison is futile. Mikel is more of a technical central midfielder whereas Fellaini is more all-action. Even if Chelsea sign Fellaini (which I doubt they will) I’d not expect Mikel to be the one to make way

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Any reason why Reading game isn't on tv its not appearing in Sky or ESPN schedule?

Any reason why Reading game isn't on tv its not appearing in Sky or ESPN schedule?

it got moved cos we are in the Super CUp and no TV picked it up?

Its on the old radio though, talk sport!

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.tv-radio.html/chelsea-vs-reading

it got moved cos we are in the Super CUp and no TV picked it up?

Its on the old radio though, talk sport!

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.tv-radio.html/chelsea-vs-reading

I'm sure its on somewhere anywhere you may have to search for it though through alternative means. ;)

If anybody comes across one of thoose means I'd like a PM before the match. :pac:

Interesting article why we dont need Fellaini and why Mikel is in fact god!

http://thinkfootball.co.uk/tactical-analysis-fellaini-is-not-the-answer-to-chelseas-central-midfield-problems/

Fellaini’s position is concentrated more in the opposition half as he operated as a support striker, playing behind Jelavic. He also moved up in line with the opposition defenders in order to win headers and hassle. One never witnesses Mikel operate in this manner as his role is conserved to ball retention and in his own half.

The statistics tell a similar story, the two players are very much different. Mikel is a technical defensive midfielder whose main role is to retain possession for Chelsea through playing simple and safe passes. His pass accuracy against Wigan was 94.2% with him completing 52 passes, and in contrast Fellaini only had 72.9% pass accuracy with 48 passes. Of Mikel’s passes most were safe with him completing no key passes to Fellaini’s 3. As well as this Fellaini attempted 6 shots, Mikel none. Fellaini’s game against United was typified by great aerial dominance with him winning 9 of 14 aerial battles; Mikel on the other hand did not compete in any aerial challenges versus Wigan.

I pointed this out to my followers, many of whom stated that Fellaini can play as a holding player, something I disagree with, especially in a midfield two like Chelsea’s. Fellaini would want a domineering position further up the field, not being restrained to defensive duties. Fellaini is capable of playing like this if needed as he did last season to a large degree. A comparison of both players defensive stats reflect favourably on Fellaini; 2.9 tackles per game, 1.6 interceptions and 2 clearances per game to Mikel’s; 1.6 tackles, 1.5 interceptions and 1.4 clearances.

Fellaini is at the bare minimum a box to box midfielder and not a holding player. Chelsea’s two man central defence relies on both players being very disciplined in shielding the back line, something that Fellaini is not naturally inclined to do. Playing Fellaini in that role would restrict him from what he does best which is what we saw against United. That sort of performance would not fit in at Chelsea who have a host of attacking players higher in the pecking order. As for being a like for like with Mikel it is clear they are different players. The only situation in which Fellaini could come to Chelsea is as a plan B up front as well as being used in midfield, essentially as a squad player. Chelsea have enough midfielders who are not ‘specialists’ in a two man central midfield pivot without signing another one. Fellaini is a brilliant player but he is not similar to Mikel at all and thus the comparison is futile. Mikel is more of a technical central midfielder whereas Fellaini is more all-action. Even if Chelsea sign Fellaini (which I doubt they will) I’d not expect Mikel to be the one to make way

Makes for a good read but it fails to notice that even though we have 2 CM, only one of them is defensive and thats Mikel, his aprtner Lamps is given the box to box role when in possesion, which would perfectly suit Fellaini or Ramires or Lampard.

Granted without the ball we have to be disciplined but the whole squad knows this and we reguarly resorted into a defensive shape we seen against Barca at the Nou Camp.

What the article doesnt highight is how reluctant Mikel is to show for the ball, when he does the ball is usually a backwards or sideways pass, he doesnt carry it forward and rarely sets up attacks which all good CDM should be looking to do. TBF to Mikel he has his moments when nothing gets past him but in comparisson to the best around hes a level or 2 below, not saying that Fellaini is the answer but he offers something more attacking from a role that requires a balance of both that Fellaini, for my money could adapt to easier then Mikel could adapt to trying to join the attack and link play in the final 3rd.

Good post Sgt!

However i dont totally agree with the editor of the article. He is spot on in all he said about both Mikel and Fellaini, both are entirly different players.
    The thing i disagree with is that we have no need for him or would not suit a defensive midfield role.

For a start we all know Mikel is no way near Makelele but he is a decent DM none the less. Yet the editor states the stats on both Defensive midfield dutys and Fellaini comes out by far on top of Mikel.

For me having some one like Fellaini and Ramires as a defensive mid would be awsome. Both can take turns at making runs forward while the other stays back to protect our back four. If we want to play a sexy/total football we have to have players that can interchange positons and both Fellaini and Ramires can do this. Some people will say both players are wasted in DM roles but i dont buy that at all. They are perfect for the DM role and leave the attackers to attack while sporadically offering attacking runs to rip into unexpected defences.

Imagine us playing against a 4 man defense with Torres Hazard Mata Hulk Cole and Fellaini attacking you from all angles hights and speeds!! While some one Like Ramires can stay back with Terry Cahill and Ivan.

Its been reported that Azpilicueta has said his goodbyes to Marseille, a few Twitter sources and not so reliable internet sources so maybe there is a bit of smoke but I'd say the deal wont be done for a few days.

Its been reported that Azpilicueta has said his goodbyes to Marseille, a few Twitter sources and not so reliable internet sources so maybe there is a bit of smoke but I'd say the deal wont be done for a few days.

I hope he is better than Debuchy!

Iv never seen Azpilcueta play befor but he has been our number one target all summer and i was all for us getting in Debuchy. Has any one actually seen him play other than youtube? Is he any use at defending?

I heard both himself and Moses were to be confirmed last week but some thing happened on both counts but there are all cleared up and we should sign both players by the weekend.........Then we can consentrate on Hulk :D

I hope he is better than Debuchy!

Iv never seen Azpilcueta play befor but he has been our number one target all summer and i was all for us getting in Debuchy. Has any one actually seen him play other than youtube? Is he any use at defending?

I heard both himself and Moses were to be confirmed last week but some thing happened on both counts but there are all cleared up and we should sign both players by the weekend.........Then we can consentrate on Hulk :D

Havent seen anything really, but young Spanish attacking FB can only be a good thing. :pac:

• Advertisement

In order of who should go :

1) Malouda - Hes just useless at thsi stage.
    2) Yossi - We have enough CAM in the squad now that hes surplus
    3) P.Ferreira - When we sign a RB he'll be like Yossi, surplus
    4) Turnbull - I'd give Blackman a chance.
    5) Meireles - Has been too inconsistent to play for us
    6) Essien - Looks well past his best at this stage.

the news you have all been waiting for!

Roberto Di Matteo, to me anyway, has given the strongest indication that Florent Malouda and Yossi Benayoun are on their way out of the door as early as the end of the transfer window.

Speaking today ahead of Reading at the Bridge tomorrow night, he was asked about their futures considering neither of them have been involved in our competitive games so far this season and he said:

'At the moment it's just a selection issue. We have a lot of competition and a lot of players in certain areas. That's what it is at the moment, a fight for places.

I tend to speak to all the players. We have conversations and they are Chelsea players and part of the squad at the moment.

We will have to see, but until the transfer window closes they are with us and they are part of it.'
    (Source)

I have said it before about Malouda but I have to say I am a little surprised about Benayoun. Granted regular readers of my blog will know I am not exactly his biggest fan, but in saying that, I still feel he could be involved as cover for one of our three attacking midfield positions

I wonder if Arsenal will come back in for him and if Malouda will get his wish to move to Brazil?

No matter, it seems as though both will be shown the door!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement