Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Only thing about Azpilicueta he has not played for the full spain squad yet and there are other players younger then him that have.

Malouda has to go he has been pants for two seasons now and he is getting old. Yossi could certanly offer cover to our attacking midfielders but i reckon we will still sign at least Moses to bolster our attacking midfield.

Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata
    Marin
    Ramires
    Moses

Then if we can add Hulk to that we are sorted. Rami could play in a deep role with Lampard Mikel and Oriol.

Iv been really impressed with the way the club has done its business this season. Hold on to the players that we could use untill we find replacements then cul the dead wood. Once we sign Moses we can off load Yossi. malouda can go yesterday except no one will have him with his wage demands and poor performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm sure its on somewhere anywhere you may have to search for it though through alternative means. ;)

If anybody comes across one of thoose means I'd like a PM before the match. :pac:

PM Sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Caveman1 wrote: »
    PM Sent

Looking forward to watching the game now Wednesday. :cool:

Josh starts for Boro tonight hopefully he puts in a good shift

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

Josh starts for Boro tonight hopefully he puts in a good shift

Its very encouraging he gets a start so soon after arriving.

He should see a lot of game time this season hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know if the match tomorrow is televised ?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭solarith

I checked and it's not on Sky, ESPN or Setanta. I would, if I wanted to see it live.. Check for a stream. I can't suggest a site but if you Googled first row eu you might find it...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

According to BBC match report, Josh was impressive and ran the show in the 2nd half. He played the full 90 minutes as Boro won 3-2.

Anybody able to guess when we alst topped the table?

Well RDM does and I wouldnt have even got close if I took a guess. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2191856/Chelsea-end-21-month-wait-spot.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    Roberto Di Matteo responded as quick as a flash when asked to recall the last time Chelsea had been top of the Barclays Premier League.

'It was in November 2010,' the Blues boss said, without drawing breath.

The fact Di Matteo could remember the date at all - he was not even at the club then - was impressive.

• Advertisement

Anybody able to guess when we alst topped the table?

Well RDM does and I wouldnt have even got close if I took a guess. :eek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2191856/Chelsea-end-21-month-wait-spot.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
    This is why I like RDM, he's a Chelsea legend but also comes across as a calm, intelligent guy. Impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Aquila wrote: »
    Any news on the transfer front?

Some mutterings about Jovetic being interested, thats all

Bascially we have a week to finish a RB (although I would say this deal is done for Cesar), and a striker\attacker. RDM has said we are a bit light in that dept, so its just running around trying to get a deal done for the right price.

We could get Jovetic and Moses for a single Cavani or Hulk

City also want Cavani and will pay his stupid wage demands
    Lol, just cos Aquergo got injured they need a another striker!

could also be a surpise transfer.

Looks like deadline day is going to be exciting again!

solarith wrote: »
    This is why I like RDM, he's a Chelsea legend but also comes across as a calm, intelligent guy. Impressive

Ya, I didnt think it was long ago though. Once we dont lose we'll top the league. Some interviewer, I think it was a Sky one put it to him he could be 6 points clear of Man Utd, you could see the lok on his face that he was thinking why does that matter after 2 games, it was such a stupid question to ask.
    Some mutterings about Jovetic being interested, thats all

Bascially we have a week to finish a RB (although I would say this deal is done for Cesar), and a striker\attacker. RDM has said we are a bit light in that dept, so its just running around trying to get a deal done for the right price.

We could get Jovetic and Moses for a single Cavani or Hulk

City also want Cavani and will pay his stupid wage demands
    Lol, just cos Aquergo got injured they need a another striker!

could also be a surpise transfer.

Looks like deadline day is going to be exciting again!

Ya a Jovetic/Moses deal would be good for the bank balance, compared toamega bucks deal for Hulk/Cavani.

RB and attacker and were sorted but we need players out to.

Carvalho gone to QPR as reported by SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Carvalho gone to QPR as reported by SSN.
    Anyone else find that a bit mad?

Panthro wrote: »

Yup, could be easily going there for the wonga.

I never liked QPR but since last season i despise them!
    Cant wait to see them go down!

Any way, yeah i cant believe it has been that long since we were in the running for top spot :eek:

Maybe the pundits are right to write us off :D
    Love how Jamie Redknapp wrote us off before we even kicked a ball and yet we won the CL under DiMatteo.....our new manager!

Also read an artical on the offical site and Pat Neven says all he hears about is the champions ManCity and no one mentions we won the biggest prize in club football, won it in the opponants back yard after beating the best team in the world EVER with ten men, not to mention turning things around against Napoli all under our new Manager.

Any way i will happily win the PL league as the underdog :cool:

I'd rather retain the UCL, that would be the sweetest victory for us ever.

First side ever to do it in its current format, now that would be brillant. ;)

Panthro wrote: »

I know you cant take it as the truth but on his wiki page it states he is on loan.

what a day wrote: »
    I know you cant take it as the truth but on his wiki page it states he is on loan.

Its a good move for QPR, he must be moving their with the promise of football because I dont think he'll see too much 1st team action at Real this year.

• Advertisement

The Carvalho deal seems pretty straight forward to me, he obviously went to Real for his last big contract, now that he's not getting any games he'll just see out the rest of his contract on loan at other teams and still collect his sky high wages. Class player in his prime wish him all the best.

@Whataday the reason nobody is talking about Chelsea is because its the start of the PL so its only right City get the attention, don't worry though as soon as the CL starts back we'll be flooded with replays of the road to Munich :D

From David Luiz twitter

Good morning #geezers ! I'm a little bit sad today,because I can't play tonight,I have pain on my knee! But ok! Come on #CFC #KTBFFH

From David Luiz twitter

Good morning #geezers ! I'm a little bit sad today,because I can't play tonight,I have pain on my knee! But ok! Come on #CFC #KTBFFH

Its only Reading anyway * hopefully we can get through it without him, Cahill should be well up to it.

Hope I dont jinx it now

The Carvalho deal seems pretty straight forward to me, he obviously went to Real for his last big contract, now that he's not getting any games he'll just see out the rest of his contract on loan at other teams and still collect his sky high wages. Class player in his prime wish him all the best.

@Whataday the reason nobody is talking about Chelsea is because its the start of the PL so its only right City get the attention, don't worry though as soon as the CL starts back we'll be flooded with replays of the road to Munich :D

I certanly hope so!!

Yeah i hope Luiz is ok!
    Cahil is still a really good defender.
    Id expect 3 points from tonight i dont care what league Reading came from! It would be a disaster if we lost to reading at the Bridge enev a draw and i will be fumming. We have more than enough wipe the floor with this guys, no disrespect to any other team but we are at home and have a top top pedigree of players with us.

We should field a full strength squad again tonight and get more games under that starting 11 belts, if we are well on to a win then maybe introduce one or two younger players. I dont know how fit Rami is at the moment but id go with this if Rami is still not fit enough to start.

Torres

--Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata--

Lampard
    Mikel

Cole
    Terry
    Cahill
    Ivan

Cech

Sturridge Bertrand and Meirles/Ramires to come on.

I'll throw up a match thread there see if theres much interest in it.

:pac:

One to keep an eye on :

http://www.ibtimes.com/sportsnet/soccer/chelsea-transfer-news-marseille-finalise-cesar-azpilicueta-s-transfer-to-chelsea_1029.htm

As reported and confirmed by us at the weekend, Cesar Azpilicueta will become a Chelsea player by the end of this week, making him available for the weekends match against Newcastle.

On Wednesday it would seem that the Spanish international is the closest he has been to becoming an official Chelsea player, as the fee and terms have finally been agreed. It was confirmed that terms were already agreed, but there was a hitch on the fee and the player himself was sorting out some personal issues at home.

It has been confirmed that Azpilicueta will not be a part of the Marseille squad that play on Thursday due to the agreement being reached.
    The 22-year-old right back will sign a 5-year contract with the blues and the fee will be around £7.5 million.

It's been one of the transfer saga's of the summer and has hit its fair amount of problems, but with Marseille struggling financially, the deal was always going to go through.

Azpilicueta had confirmed at the start of this week that it would be best for all three parties that he would join Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Still not a fan of this approach. It takes time for a player to bed in with their team-mates and the general consensus is that if they don't have a scintillating game that they'll be written off, but no-one appreciates that this new player still has yet to get into the minds of their new team-mates who they've only a few days to get to know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

3-0 chelsea! torres two and oscar to score a late one :cool:

• Advertisement

Taison!

Must admit, never even heard of this guy, not even in FM!

Chelsea could make a shock move for Metalist Kharkiv’s Brazilian forward Taison
    The 24-year-old is seen as a £12million alternative to Hulk and Edinson Cavani if they prove to be beyond the Londoners’ reach.
    The creative force behind Metalist’s rise in Ukraine can play just behind the main striker or on the flank and had been compared to Shakhtar Donetsk forward Willian by scouts

Taison was surprisingly left out of his club’s match at the weekend, with sources claiming he was given leave to return to Brazil to explore visa and passport options ahead of a possible move to Stamford Bridge. The former Internacional player finds himself caught up in a chain of deals.
    Coincidentally, Porto are interested in him in case they lose their Brazil striker Hulk to Chelsea
    And Shakhtar have him top of their list to replace Willian if he completes a move to Tottenham, having seen his own transfer to Chelsea fall through

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2191963/Chelsea-line-12m-bid-Taison.htmlhttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2191963/Chelsea-line-12m-bid-Taison.html

Im gonna go with 3 - 1

Torres double and Hazard to score :D

I think our movement up front will be too much for the reading defence. Torres looks sharp and Hazard and Mata will feed him bullets all night.

from cfcnet

Today the Sun newspaper have claimed that Chelsea are moving for Edinson Cavani ahead of any move for Hulk. This simply is not the case as far as I’m aware. Chelsea have had Hulk on their radar all summer and he is certainly the top of our shortlist, this I know for a fact. They are very much involved in ongoing negotiations with the Brazilian international.
    Yes, there is interest in Cavani, but purely as another option to our move for Hulk. Clubs like Chelsea need to have fall back options whilst negotiating, purely so they will not be held to ransom during these deals. Cavani is very much on the radar and is rated very highly by Roman Abramovich, as is Hulk. But be assured, Hulk is the main target and as you all know, I am still very much adamant that we will sign Hulk before the transfer window closes in 9 days time.
    But of course, anything can happen in football and if the Hulk deal does fall through, or Porto do not meet Chelsea’s fee, then yes a move for Cavani could happen. It’s all going on now behind closed doors, there are plans in place to make sure that Chelsea have signed their attacking cover before the window closes.
    We won’t sign both players, that is for sure. As for Moses, still think that depends on Hulk as well. There’s a number of options for us right now, it will go down to the wire.

Simon Phillips – News Editor

We should have enough to beat them but with Pogrebnayk up front, if hes gets a chance he'll bury it.

Hopefully we can take the lead early and push on, we should have beat Wigan by more but sat back.

Buddy just put €10 E/W on Oscar scoring first at 7's.

Throwing away money IMO. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Random question that Google doesn't have the answer too.

Anyone hung out with the CL trophy yet? Trying to plan what two matches I'll hit this year but I'd like to see the CL Trophy. Is there a schedule of sorts of when it'll be at the bridge? Do they even do that? I remember seeing it when it was at Nou Camp in 06 during a stadium tour but have no photo with it as it wasn't ours then!

• Advertisement

I read about Taison this morning, dont really see us taking a risk on him TBH. He is 24 played 35 games last year and scored just 7 goals in the Ukranian league. I dont think he would be any better than Moses and Moses is suppose to be back up to Hulk!!

Random question that Google doesn't have the answer too.

Anyone hung out with the CL trophy yet? Trying to plan what two matches I'll hit this year but I'd like to see the CL Trophy. Is there a schedule of sorts of when it'll be at the bridge? Do they even do that? I remember seeing it when it was at Nou Camp in 06 during a stadium tour but have no photo with it as it wasn't ours then!

Here ay go : http://www.chelseafc.com/stadium-tours-info/article/2556087/title/about-the-tours--museum

We are delighted to announce that the Champions League trophy is now proudly displayed in the Club Museum.

Our brand new Champions League display will also feature Match Pennants from the Final, Semi-Final and Quarter-Final, as well as a plaque from UEFA and Official Match Programme from Munich.

PLEASE NOTE THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AND FA CUP TROPHIES WILL BE UNAVAILABLE ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:

Tuesday 28th August

Thanks for that. I swear I checked out everything on the website. My googling skills are useless....

from cfcnet

Today the Sun newspaper have claimed that Chelsea are moving for Edinson Cavani ahead of any move for Hulk. This simply is not the case as far as I’m aware. Chelsea have had Hulk on their radar all summer and he is certainly the top of our shortlist, this I know for a fact. They are very much involved in ongoing negotiations with the Brazilian international.
    Yes, there is interest in Cavani, but purely as another option to our move for Hulk. Clubs like Chelsea need to have fall back options whilst negotiating, purely so they will not be held to ransom during these deals. Cavani is very much on the radar and is rated very highly by Roman Abramovich, as is Hulk. But be assured, Hulk is the main target and as you all know, I am still very much adamant that we will sign Hulk before the transfer window closes in 9 days time.
    But of course, anything can happen in football and if the Hulk deal does fall through, or Porto do not meet Chelsea’s fee, then yes a move for Cavani could happen. It’s all going on now behind closed doors, there are plans in place to make sure that Chelsea have signed their attacking cover before the window closes.
    We won’t sign both players, that is for sure. As for Moses, still think that depends on Hulk as well. There’s a number of options for us right now, it will go down to the wire.

Simon Phillips – News Editor

I agree sgt but we will sign Moses AND Hulk

Hulk to come on deadline day and Moses and Ceasar Azpilicueta will sign before hand. Moses will be our new Kalou and serve as back up to Hulk.

Thanks for that. I swear I checked out everything on the website. My googling skills are useless....

Ya, I bet you did.

Ya lazy fecker. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Chelsea TV currently freeview on sky channel 421 think its just for build up to game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Chelsea TV currently freeview on sky channel 421 think its just for build up to game

Cheers for that, I always forget build up is always freeview on match days.

Enjoying going down memory lane with Paul Canoville and Pat Nevin.

Damn UPC, damn them to hell.*

*I'm hoping at this stage someone will tell me that CTV is available somewhere on my UPC box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Aquila wrote: »
    I think we need another two strikers,I don't think Sturridge is good enough,and Torres's second coming still hasn't materialised despite tonight's goal.
    Am i been too cynical?

yes.
    I think 1 striker is needed. Sturridge i think is better then torres and if played up front would bang in the goals.
    At want point will Torres be dropped.

Sturridge is way, way too greedy. He won't make the first 11.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore
    Torres movement 1st class.Serve him well,he will be difference between a real challenge & 3rd.... @talkSPORT LIVE.Goodnight!

I completely agree with Stan here , he has being saying it all night

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kingtubby

I am happy for Torres that his goal will cover up what was in reality a poor performance by him. The last thing he needs is another season where commentators will be announcing the start of every match with 'and is this the night Torres finally breaks his long running scoring drought'.

I am confident Chelsea will sign another striker. Just Torres and Sturridge as the only 2 strikers in the squad is far too thin.

I think Hulk would be ideal and I would be very surprised if we do not hear about Chelsea making another serious move for him before September.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Football Agent ‏@agent_153
    #MCFC didn't table another bid for #Cavani today. #CFC are in pole position to sign #Cavani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Still harsh on sturridge i think greed in strikers is sometimes needed. Look as hasselbank it served him well.
    With Chelsea the midfielders shoot at will and the defenders too. If you get a chance as a striker in the box go for it or it be like Arsenal trying to pass the ball in.
    Could be me just thinking too much of sturridge but I think he be a better option to Torres up front.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement