Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Football Agent ‏@agent_153
    #MCFC didn't table another bid for #Cavani today. #CFC are in pole position to sign #Cavani

You know one of us is Football agent right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭kessler182

Why is Meireles still getting a look in, surely he's on his way out before the window closes? Mata was absolutely knackered after we had taken the lead, I would have thought it would be a perfect opportunity to bring Romeu on to shore things up again with Mikel off the field. Instead we bring on that waster, who's contribution once again consisted of giving the ball away, miscontrolling everything and falling over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

I was very happy with the likes of Mata and Hazard when they had possession, often they ran back away from goal just to hold on to it and you rarely see that

5 assists already for Hazard, incredible!

2 goals for Ivan, he seems to be trying to prove something about that right back spot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I watched that game last night and the problem area for Chelsea was central midfield. Lampard was poor, Ramires was awful, Oscar wasn't much better when he came on.

Torres had two and sometimes three players on him when he got the ball and while Hazard played well Torres got very little support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

eagle eye wrote: »
    I watched that game last night and the problem area for Chelsea was central midfield. Lampard was poor, Ramires was awful, Oscar wasn't much better when he came on.

Torres had two and sometimes three players on him when he got the ball and while Hazard played well Torres got very little support.

Mikel actually got forward too :eek:

I was shocked, I was going to check my T.V. wasnt telling me lies.

Still early days but we could be going on the old Real Madrid style of defending badly and giving away soft goals and hoping the attacking players get us out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Daily mail have the story that City are preparing a 30million bid for Luiz!
    I'm prepared to listen to offers of a straight swap involving Kompany, but other than that I'd be saying "nahhhhhhhh!"

Panthro wrote: »
    Daily mail have the story that City are preparing a 30million bid for Luiz!
    I'm prepared to listen to offers of a straight sway involving Kompany, but other than that I'd be saying "nahhhhhhhh!"

Ha, unless we got in Dede to replace him then City can pull the other one. :cool:

Definitely, he's our sideshow PlayStation Bob!

Part of me thinks its all a load of porkies anyway.

Just a slow news day, City dont really need another CB do they? Savic, Lescott, Kompany, Richards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

GavRedKing wrote: »

Just a slow news day, City dont really need another CB do they? Savic, Lescott, Kompany, Richards?

We do need a CB as Lescott is 30, Richards is a RB, and Savic is still too green. Only position we're vunerable at if injury strikes, as was seen last season. We we're originally linked with Luiz the summer before ye signed him, but were looking at him as a LB. Went for Kolarov when the deal broke down.

In an unrelated matter, I have to say, I am VERY impressed with Hazard. 5 goals created in 2 games! He is going to smash the assists record if he keeps that up.

According to the article, Richards is out injured. Ara yeah slow news day I'd say

We do need a CB as Lescott is 30, Richards is a RB, and Savic is still too green. Only position we're vunerable at if injury strikes, as was seen last season. We we're originally linked with Luiz the summer before ye signed him, but were looking at him as a LB. Went for Kolarov when the deal broke down.

Ye missed the boat, now feck off :pac:

I think Savic will be a decent player, as ya said hs still young and can improve a lot if played next to Kompany. I dont really rate Lescott all that highly anyway but what I find kind of funny is that City wont pay Liverpool for Agger but they're happy to give us £30 Million for Luiz.

Silly rags. :P
    In an unrelated matter, I have to say, I am VERY impressed with Hazard. 5 goals created in 2 games! He is going to smash the assists record if he keeps that up.

Ya, hes started like a seasoned player thankfully. On the other hand, Mata looks very sluggish and well off the pace due to his summer commitments so we're lucky Hazard has hit the ground running.

Do you know what the record is? Surely Silva and Mata came close last year they must have 20 assists each last year if not more?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

The dail fail is utter rubish and i would not use it as a p pad for a dog!

Taught we played very well at times last night. Same old story though, we take our foot off the gas once we are in front. Mikel played well and he did roam forward was great to see. Ramires was poor, gave the ball away and should have passed to Torres to put us in front inside the first 5 mins, very very selfish from him!. Torres has no first touch at all every time he received the ball the ball just bounces off him and we lose possession of the ball. The only way Torres is going to come good is if we play through ball in front of him so he can mae his run off the shoulder of a defender.

We were unlucky giving away the second goal, Cech made a dogs dinner of it and should have been a rountine save. Fair play to Reading though their first goal was brilliant. Liked the look of Hazard, again the star of the show and does the dirty work and helped out our defense. Mata is jaded and once he gets a proper rest he will be back to his brillant self. Mata still offered us a lot last night and terroised the reading defence.

The problems i saw last night again was once we scored a goal we start to relax and dont keep up our tempo. We are still nervous on the ball and slightly panic, we dont seem to enjoy our passing and moving quite yet.

Another problem was our long passing and high balls/crossing. We crossed one or two balls into an empty box. Torres is often the only striker in the box and he is well marked and not the best at heading goals in for the edge of the area :rolleyes:

We are still missing our right hand side. Ivan has done well the past two games but was shown up against City. Mata is jadded and does a good job on the right but he will need some one like hulk to take over our right and allow Mata to rest. Once Marin comes back that should also take a load off Mata and Oscar can get more game time.

All in all delighted with the result, our performance could have been better but we were unlucky with Cechs error. Over all and improvement from our last game even though we conceded two goals.

Well done Robbie :D

Torres should some good touches though, setting up that Ramires move with his one touch pass off to Lampard.

Then he played a one-two with Mata at the egde of the box who played it to Cole who rolled it to an onside* Torres. :p

We've introduced a new type of system and new formation that everyone has to get used to but Ramires days as a RW are surely up, hes not natural out there but hes put in some shifts but he does make the wrong choices at times like not rolling the ball to an unmarked Torres.

The real test is Newcastle at the weekend and we really have to beat teams that are in and around us if we want to go up the table and Newcstle are in that category.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Ye missed the boat, now feck off :pac:

I think Savic will be a decent player, as ya said hs still young and can improve a lot if played next to Kompany. I dont really rate Lescott all that highly anyway but what I find kind of funny is that City wont pay Liverpool for Agger but they're happy to give us £30 Million for Luiz.

Silly rags. :P

Ya, hes started like a seasoned player thankfully. On the other hand, Mata looks very sluggish and well off the pace due to his summer commitments so we're lucky Hazard has hit the ground running.

Do you know what the record is? Surely Silva and Mata came close last year they must have 20 assists each last year if not more?

Silva topped the league with 14. Hazard is narly half way there after the first gameweek!

Lescott is a good CB, does his job and compliments Kompany well, but being honest there are World Class defenders out there. I had said before I don't rate Agger all that highly, and hope we don't go for him, but he is the only player available from a lower team. I don't think Luiz is the answer we need, very erratic and can be overly attacking which won't suit City's needs. I think as you said its just a slow news day. If there were any truth in it, I would assume Chelsea would want more than £30m for him. 3 years left on contract and bought for £25 was it? Aside from the fact ye would end up with no cover yourselves.

• Advertisement

Silva topped the league with 14. Hazard is narly half way there after the first gameweek!

Lescott is a good CB, does his job and compliments Kompany well, but being honest there are World Class defenders out there. I had said before I don't rate Agger all that highly, and hope we don't go for him, but he is the only player available from a lower team. I don't think Luiz is the answer we need, very erratic and can be overly attacking which won't suit City's needs. I think as you said its just a slow news day. If there were any truth in it, I would assume Chelsea would want more than £30m for him. 3 years left on contract and bought for £25 was it? Aside from the fact ye would end up with no cover yourselves.

14? Thought it was higher, I was probably reading Mata's overall assists. Still though 5 in 2 games is extraordinary, he cant keep it up but if he manages 1 assist every 2/3 games then I'll be delighted.

Ya bought for €25 Million I just cant see us selling him unless we we're to have someone else lined up, or we could just move Ivanovic into CB but I cant see us selling Luiz anytime soon unless he wants out himself.

Our deal for Azpilcueta (sp?) is nearly all but done as hes reportedly been left out of Marseilles Europa league squad for tonights game so that will challenge Ivanovic for RB.

I think Ivanovic would be perfect for City but wouldnt want to sell him to a rival in England and also I'd say a few around City still remember his tackle on Kolarov :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

As bad as Chelsea played at time last night, they played some great football too, even after going 2-1 down I was confident we would come back, I think our defence is actually fine, I think they just loose concentration at times.

Hazard has just made a phenomenal start, 5 assists out of 6 goals, he's ran the show in both games so far. Im looking forward to Marin coming into the team he can replace Mata while we give him a break.

I think we can put down a good marker in the league, we've Newcastle(H) QPR(A) & Stoke(H) in our next 3 fixtures I dont see any reason why we cant get maximum points from them.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    As bad as Chelsea played at time last night, they played some great football too, even after going 2-1 down I was confident we would come back, I think our defence is actually fine, I think they just loose concentration at times.

Hazard has just made a phenomenal start, 5 assists out of 6 goals, he's ran the show in both games so far. Im looking forward to Marin coming into the team he can replace Mata while we give him a break.

I think we can put down a good marker in the league, we've Newcastle(H) QPR(A) & Stoke(H) in our next 3 fixtures I dont see any reason why we cant get maximum points from them.

I think your right Caveman, I dont see much wrong with our defense. Only problems other than the obvious "no RB" we could do with a bit of pace in our CBs other than Luiz. We are playing a high line again and we will get caught out from time time. No matter what we do every team conceeds goals. One goal we conceeded last night was an unfortunit mistake from Cech and the first goal was really well take, very good goal.

Id also agree on our up coming games, i cant see why we cant take maximum points from the Newcastle QPR and Stoke games. All tricky fixtures but we are at home for two of them and we have a score to settle with QPR IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

The atmosphere in the QPR game is going to be poisonous.

A good thumping though by us will silence the home crowd, also QPR could have one or two ex Blues in their starting XI.

Bosingwa and maybe Carvalho.

If we could manage to equal Carlo's winning 6 in a row start it would throw down a marker to the league and we have 6 winnable games to do it in.

• Advertisement

Aquila wrote: »
    Have we any CB's coming up from youth that look like they may replace Terry one day?
    I still think we need at least another striker,also our right side certainly needs attention,but we definitely have plenty to be positive about!
    CAREFREE!

Big hopes for Chaloblah, maybe Bruma will come back and push for a place.

Just checked the fixtures there and if we can win our next 3 PL games we could build up a bit of a lead.

City are away to Liverpool and Stoke but play QPR at home then away to Arsenal

Man Utd have a better fixure list at home to Fulham, away to southampton, Home against wigan then travel to Liverpool.

Big hopes for Chaloblah, maybe Bruma will come back and push for a place.

Chalobha = future Chelsea legend!

what a day wrote: »
    Just checked the fixtures there and if we can win our next 3 PL games we could build up a bit of a lead.

City are away to Liverpool and Stoke but play QPR at home then away to Arsenal

Man Utd have a better fixure list at home to Fulham, away to southampton, Home against wigan then travel to Liverpool.

Thats why I hope we can beat Newcastle at the Bridge, after that game we're not playing in the league until 15th September due to the Super Cup against Athleico Mardid then we have the international break also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

Hi all , first post here and where else but the Chelsea forum ,
    Nice to see the boys come through last night , was a bit worried at ht , but good to see Torres score, defense is a bit worrying - but Hazard looks great !

Chalobha = future Chelsea legend!

What is going to help him progress is that JT will probably be on the way out in 2 years and hopefully Chaloblah can be integrated into the squad until the time comes that JT retires, it will free up a slot for him.

Although part of me thinks we could very well pick up another CB in the next 18-24 months to cover.

the_djoker wrote: »
    Hi all , first post here and where else but the Chelsea forum ,
    Nice to see the boys come through last night , was a bit worried at ht , but good to see Torres score, defense is a bit worrying - but Hazard looks great !

Glad to see the access was worked out, seen your PM to by the way.

Enjoy the access.

I think your right Gav, id not be disapointed either if we did take up another CB to take over from Terry. Especially if we do get Guardiola in charge next season. Terry although he is still a great defender he is not suited to the high line because of his pace. I dont think DiMatteo should or will drop Terry if still offers us alot in terms of defending and leadership but eventually he will have to make way for a more pacy CB. I could even see Cahill take over his spot maybe next year and partner Luiz. Cahill is a bit quicker then Terry but i think they are very simular defenders.

Chalobha is going to be brilliant for us one day but that may still be 3 or 4 years from now. He is still very young and slight for a PL defender, once he grows stronger with age he will be a top top defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Would agree with all comments above.
    Wasn't impressed with lampard, not sure if himself and mikel are a good pairing.
    Ramires is not the answer on the right hand side and would like to see moses come in (unless the hulk deal happens).
    Hoping Torres will come good, first goal scored is a monkey off his back and might let him play with more freedom and confidence.
    Hazard looks class so far and has lived up to his billing.
    Looking forward to seeing marin play, hopefully he will give us some natural width.
    Oscar, early days.
    Mata, definitely needs rest.

Techless wrote: »
    Would agree with all comments above.
    Wasn't impressed with lampard, not sure if himself and mikel are a good pairing.
    Ramires is not the answer on the right hand side and would like to see moses come in (unless the hulk deal happens).
    Hoping Torres will come good, first goal scored is a monkey off his back and might let him play with more freedom and confidence.
    Hazard looks class so far and has lived up to his billing.
    Looking forward to seeing marin play, hopefully he will give us some natural width.
    Oscar, early days.
    Mata, definitely needs rest.

I think Lampard and Mikel can make a good pairing, Lampard was a treat going forward last night but then so was Mikel....kind of. I think it might take a bit of time for them to gel a bit better together. Mikel can offer the steel in the pairing and Lampard can offer the attacking treat and passing ability but not both together. I taught they showed some good play together at time last night but were found wantin on occasion. As i said before there is always room for improvement and id prefere to see Fellaini in there is stead of Mikel :D. But i suppose Ramires will have to do for the time being and maybe himself and Mikel can rotate a bit. Mikel played very well last night so he will be a bit of a headache for Robbie to pick DM.

At least we have choices now i suppose. Your right though techless we need some one for our right hand side, Hulk would be magic but Moses would help an awfull lot. Once Marin comes back it will add futher to aour attacking talents and offer more reflief to Mata.
    Oscar the poor chap joined us late and im sure he will be brilliant for us once he gets more training sessions with us and more game time.

• Advertisement

As soon as the Super Cup is done with Mata should be rested, hopefully he wont be picked by Spain and the club can give him extended leave during the international break to re-charge the batteries and we can use him once hes back sometime in September, hopefully we wont miss him too much for those games.

Nathan Ake is definitely one or the future he's an absolute brilliant defender already

As soon as the Super Cup is done with Mata should be rested, hopefully he wont be picked by Spain and the club can give him extended leave during the international break to re-charge the batteries and we can use him once hes back sometime in September, hopefully we wont miss him too much for those games.

Any word on when Marin is back?
    yeah it would be nice if Tello or Navas or some one took Matas place in the spain squad. Let the chap rest. But im sure we will have Moses soon and maybe even Hulk so Mata can take some time off to rest.
    The window closes next week so we should have a better idea on what will happen either way :D

Love deadline day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

I think Lampard and Mikel can make a good pairing, Lampard was a treat going forward last night but then so was Mikel....kind of. I think it might take a bit of time for them to gel a bit better together. Mikel can offer the steel in the pairing and Lampard can offer the attacking treat and passing ability but not both together. I taught they showed some good play together at time last night but were found wantin on occasion. As i said before there is always room for improvement and id prefere to see Fellaini in there is stead of Mikel :D. But i suppose Ramires will have to do for the time being and maybe himself and Mikel can rotate a bit. Mikel played very well last night so he will be a bit of a headache for Robbie to pick DM.

At least we have choices now i suppose. Your right though techless we need some one for our right hand side, Hulk would be magic but Moses would help an awfull lot. Once Marin comes back it will add futher to aour attacking talents and offer more reflief to Mata.
    Oscar the poor chap joined us late and im sure he will be brilliant for us once he gets more training sessions with us and more game time.

I finfd Mikel such a frustrating player, he has plenty of skill and ability as well as physical presence but often seems to loose concentration and awareness of what's haappening around him. He never offers any sign of a goal threat which again is hard to understand with a player of his ability and size.
    I'd like to Essien given a run.

8 days 1211hours 13minutes & 47 seconds until it closes. :p

Techless wrote: »
    I finfd Mikel such a frustrating player, he has plenty of skill and ability as well as physical presence but often seems to loose concentration and awareness of what's haappening around him. He never offers any sign of a goal threat which again is hard to understand with a player of his ability and size.
    I'd like to Essien given a run.

Mikel just doesnt have the composure when he sees the whites of the goal, although he nearly scored a belter last year, I think it was against Newcastle when he hit the woodwork but the lad always stays back for corners and frees so to allow Ivan, JT and Luiz to go up who are all better threats from set pieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

8 days 12hours 13minutes & 47 seconds until it closes. :p

Does it not close at 23:00 rather than midnight? :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    Does it not close at 23:00 rather than midnight? :p

Thought it was midnight. :o

Open to correction and if I'm wrong..........well Cork is an hour behind the rest of the country so there. :p

Edit : Just checked in it is clsoed at 11PM. Wooooooops

I think Mikel can be too composed on the ball at times. he ofetn allows a player tackle him while is possession and trys to control the ball out of danager and then pass rather than just passing before the tackle comes in. Any i dont think he has to offer an attacking treath but he should offer more/better passes. To Have defensive midfeilder they have to be clever with the ball and not always the best pass is forward. The job of our entire midfield now is to retain possession of the ball and look for opertunities to expose the opositions defence. All well and good if the midfeilders chip in with goals but that is down the pecking order of duties for a DM player. Protect the back four, retain possession and move the ball forward into an attackig treath.

For me Essien is finished,i know i sound cold and heartless but he is getting on no and injury prone, plus he is a high earner at the club and we have Oriol Lampard Mikel and Ramires all able to play in his position plus once Mceachran comes back on loan he can play there and i also think Luiz can do a job in that role. Thats 6 players for two positions. I say cul the deadwood, sell him before he gets injuried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Hazard is just class. :D

I hope he continues his performance shown last night for the rest of the season, without injury.

Oscar looks like he needs to settle in a bit, but looks promising as well. Good movement from him last night.

The future looks rosey.:)

I have a feeling we'll have all our signings done before deadline day, I'm sure most of the staff at Chelsea like doctors and that will be with the 1st team squad for the Super cup. So we'll want to get our business done before then.

As for Mikel, I remember reading somewhere that the Nigerian coach wanted him to leave Chelsea because they were turning him into a holding midfielder and thats not his game?? I can only ever remember him playing there for us, it would be interesting to see how he'd get on pushed further up the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Why isn't Romeu getting a feature?seems an awful waste as the guy has immense talent and potential!

I think its only a matter of time before he gets a game, its up to him then to cement his place. To be fair to RDM we've so many new arrivals its gonna take a few games and a bit of tinkering to realise our best team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Why isn't Romeu getting a feature?seems an awful waste as the guy has immense talent and potential!

I think if he had any pace he'd be a great player, but he's the slowest 21 year old pro I've ever seen!

I have a feeling we'll have all our signings done before deadline day, I'm sure most of the staff at Chelsea like doctors and that will be with the 1st team squad for the Super cup. So we'll want to get our business done before then.

As for Mikel, I remember reading somewhere that the Nigerian coach wanted him to leave Chelsea because they were turning him into a holding midfielder and thats not his game?? I can only ever remember him playing there for us, it would be interesting to see how he'd get on pushed further up the pitch.

That was all down to Jose Mourhino who seen him as a DM. He tradionally played highed up the field in Norway and for Nigeria and often played as a box to box player with attacking responsibilities but none the less, Jose wanted him to do a job and he trained alot with Makelele.

• Advertisement

That was all down to Jose Mourhino who seen him as a DM. He tradionally played highed up the field in Norway and for Nigeria and often played as a box to box player with attacking responsibilities but none the less, Jose wanted him to do a job and he trained alot with Makelele.

Well with our current squad being full of attacking options I cant see him getting much of an opportunity to player higher up the field, although the reins seemed to be loosened on him last night, he made a couple of forward runs
    PeterTwo wrote: »
    I think if he had any pace he'd be a great player, but he's the slowest 21 year old pro I've ever seen!

I wouldnt necessarily agree with this, although I wouldnt call him Usain Bolt he's no slouch either, being a DM is more about being able to read the game than being fast IMO

Some Hazard stats, in his last 20 league games hes scored 13, assisted 13 and won 7 penalties.

Hazard > Rest of the EPL.

;)

Some Hazard stats, in his last 20 league games hes scored 13, assisted 13 and won 7 penalties.

Hazard > Rest of the EPL.

;)

He has definitely got off to a flyer, I just hope he does it against the so called big teams as I'm already sick of people saying "ah sure it was only against Wigan & Reading" :mad:

He has definitely got off to a flyer, I just hope he does it against the so called big teams as I'm already sick of people saying "ah sure it was only against Wigan & Reading" :mad:

Ah he'll play some games where he wont be as good as hes started so far and no doubt you'll have people slate him for it but thats part and parcel of football.

You cant play for the entire season out of your skin, unless your Messi or Ronaldo and even they've had off days every now and again.

Not saying Hazard is in their league but just using those guys as the yard stick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Agree, and remember we couldnt break them down last season, created loads of chances and ended up conceding a silly equaliser.
    And we also struggled against other "weaker" teams

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/17/wigan-chelsea-premier-league

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement